Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
More Spoilers :siren:

Aurora's last two spells are apparently Admonition and Blade gale.
Blade gale is a new offensive spell; a medium range spray that removes Flight from models hit for a round. It has a high pow and a moderate cost.

Iron mother's last spells are Fire group, Tactical supremacy and Shrapnel swarm.
Shrapnel swarm is a new spell, an offensive one. It's the same POW as Blade gale, and if it directly hits it drops an AOE4 with Puncture.

Axis' last spells are Battering ram, Iron Aggression and Razor wall. Razor wall is a new spell, puts up a wall template that does an automatic point of damage to models entering it.

Transverse Enumerator (UA for any Convergence unit - Ranked Attacks, Iron Sent, mini feat of reroll failed attacks/skill checks, Repair with a short range flame spray)

would love to know Syntherion and Lucants other spells/abilities

Stolen from elsewhere

Hoboskins fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
More spoilers!

Prime Axiom has 58 boxes. 2, 3, 6, 6, 6, 6. 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 2.

Conservator

5 10 X X 11 18
28 Boxes
FA U PC 7

Pathfinder
Hand of Vengeance (1 or more FF models destroyed or RFP within 5", model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls next turn)
Shield Guard

Ablator Blade x2
PS 15
Buckler
Open Fist

Modulator

5 10 X X 11 18
28 Boxes
FA U PC 6

Immunity: Electricity
Pathfinder
Plasma Nimbus (If model is hit by melee attack, attacking model suffers POW 10 Elec damage roll)

Emitter Surge x2
11 1 - 10
DT: Electricity
Direct Current (If this attack directly hits, you can draw a line from the center of this model's base to the model hit's base. Everything under the line takes a POW 10 Elec Damage roll. This damage is not considered to have been caused to a ranged attack)

Emitter Core x2
PS 14

Obstructors

5 7 6 5 12 14 7
FA 3 4/6
CMA
Construct
Clockwork Vessel
Shield Wall

Teleflail
PS 11
Reach
Chain Weapon

Medium Based Unit (don't have name)

5 8 7 5 12 16 7
FA 2 6/9
8 Boxes
Construct
Clockwork Vessel
Shield Wall
Repairable

Variable melee-
Empowered Attack (+2 damage rolls)
Set Defense

Protean Polearm
PS 12
Reach

Eradicators

5 8 7 5 12 15 7
FA 2 6/9
8 Boxes
Construct
Clockwork Vessel
Repairable
Side Step

Variable melee-
Accuracy (+2 attack rolls)
Shields UP (weapon gains Buckler)

Protean Buckler x2
PS 12

Enumerator

6 5 6 5 13 13 9
FA 3 PC 2
5 Boxes
Attachment [Convergence unit]
Fearless
Officer
Attachment Deployment (gains AD or Ambush if unit has it)
Iron Sentinel
Realignment (once per game, models in unit can reroll failed attack rolls and skill checks)
Repair 9
Tactics: Ranked Attacks

Blowtorch
SP6 1 - 12
CE: Fire
DT: Fire

Tuning Staff
PS 10
Reach

Optifex Directive
6 5 5 4 13 12 8
FA U PC 2
3 Man

All-Terrain (*Action, friendly Faction model with Construct in B2B gains Pathfinder)
Iron Sentinel
Repair 8
Weapons Modulation (*Action, friend Faction model with Construct in B2B gains Magic Weapon)

Tuning Kit
PS 8

Perferators
5 8 7 5 12 15 7
FA 2 6/9
8 Boxes
Construct
Assault order
Clockwork Vessel
Repairable

Variable ranged-
Empowered Attack (+2 damage rolls)
Snipe

Protean Javelin
6 1 - 6
Armor Piercing

Gear Blade
PS 12

Reductors
5 7 6 5 12 14 7
FA 3 4/6
Construct
Clear!
Clockwork Vessel

Swarm Projector
SP6 1 - 13

Retractable Blade
PS 10

Transfinite Emergence Projector
5 10 - 4 10 19 10
FA 2 PC 9
20 Boxes
Construct
Gun Platform
Sac Pawn: Permutation Servitor
Servitor Satellites (Start of activation, remove Perm Servs from play; after movement place 3 Perm Servs anywhere within 1" of this model)

Aperature Pulse
SP 10 1 - 10
Auto Fire [2]
Firing Formulae (Each Perm Serv in left arc additional attack die, right arc additional damage die, back arc additional Auto Fire attack.

Servitors
6 3 5 5 12 13 -
Construct
Pathfinder
Orbit (model does not begin game in play nor activate. Model that puts it into play cannot target it. It is removed if model putting it into play is removed)
Steady

Protector
5 8 6 5 12 17 7
FA 3 PC 2
8 Boxes Solo
Construct
Clockwork Vessel
Defensive Strike
Repairable
Shield Guard

Iron Glaive
PS 12
Reach
Construct

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Amazing details, thank you so much.

Do they have any tarpit or speedbump type of light infantry ala sword knights or kriel warriors? I don't think I've seen any spoilers on light inf

Hm, So it looks like Prime Axiom is more of a melee focused colossal, now that we see its guns are fairly low pow. Pow 11 and no-damage drag/puncture, compared to 15s and 12 on stormwall and pow 13s on galleon. A bit less impressive than the spoiler would have led to believe.

If that's the case, Prime Axiom with Axis will hit a heavy jack on average boosted attack, pull them in, then P&S 20(22 with feat) them, which is still less than galleon's P&S 21 trident but sustained attack. Do we know what its servitors do? Servitor seems like a kinda general term.

Alpha Phoenix fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 31, 2013

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
Servitors ARE a general term.

He spawns any of the solo servitors that you choose. That's what makes it so drat awesome. Also, Obstructors are your basic cheap tarpit. 12/14 with Shield Wall, and POW 11 Reach flails. Also, Reductors are mother. loving. AMAZING. RAT 5, POW 13 SP 6s with Clear!. For 4/6 points for 6/10 dudes.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

So wait, The TEP spawns null servitors, which do nothing but float around, but the PA lets you pick ANY servitor model you have in your minis case and toss it into play?

That's.... wow. Just wow.
And obstructors sound solid, 4/6 for 6/10 I presume? Interesting that you can choose to spread them out for reach screening or bundle them for shield walling.

Also, I just realized that Prime Axiom, abbreviated PA, has an attack with puncture. Welp.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
The Eradicators don't have weapon master? Pass.

Everything else looks super cool.

Also Syntherion's spell list was released in the latest NQ

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

Tanon posted:

Servitors ARE a general term.

He spawns any of the solo servitors that you choose. That's what makes it so drat awesome. Also, Obstructors are your basic cheap tarpit. 12/14 with Shield Wall, and POW 11 Reach flails. Also, Reductors are mother. loving. AMAZING. RAT 5, POW 13 SP 6s with Clear!. For 4/6 points for 6/10 dudes.

What the gently caress Reductors, compare that to Trollkin scatter gunners and apparently Tough increases the value of a unit by 4 points.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

Calico Noose posted:

What the gently caress Reductors, compare that to Trollkin scatter gunners and apparently Tough increases the value of a unit by 4 points.

If you really want to be sad, look at the Runebearer side-by-side with a Skarlock.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Meh thats nothing special, It's pretty much a given that everything in Cryx is going to be undercosted.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
Father Lucants last two spells are Watcher and Dissolution Bolt

Dissolution Bolt Cost 2, Rng 8, Pow 12. Model hit can't channel spells for one round

Tactical Tip: says that models hit can't act as arc nodes, but that if you hit the Warcaster/Warlock it prevents them from channelling through arc nodes until the effect wears off.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Hey, was just wondering if anyone knew if there were any Cryx releases on the horizon, our where to find out about that sort of thing?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
The only ones I know of are Bane heavy cavalry, and a new human warcaster.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Oh right, cool, thanks. That's kind of disappointing, I really hate banes. Always exciting to get a new caster though! Whereabouts do you hear about this kind of stuff?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I generally hear it from this board. Some people here have connections, others simply pay a lot of attention to wargaming news sites/blogs and podcasts.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

!Klams posted:

Oh right, cool, thanks. That's kind of disappointing, I really hate banes. Always exciting to get a new caster though! Whereabouts do you hear about this kind of stuff?

Privateer press will be doing live streams tomorrow (today? Not on American time), one should be detailing some of the new stuff coming out in the next release cycle (for Warmachine in particular). Should be linked on the PP main website if you are interested.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Hoboskins posted:

Privateer press will be doing live streams tomorrow (today? Not on American time), one should be detailing some of the new stuff coming out in the next release cycle (for Warmachine in particular). Should be linked on the PP main website if you are interested.

Looks like that panel is scheduled for 9pm PDT, so...Midnight EST?

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone here seen any sweet gatorman posse conversions? I just picked up my third unit, so it'd be nice not to have all my gators looking identical.

mrae
Feb 6, 2013
I have a 50pt Steamroller event this sunday in Tucson, AZ and I wanted to get some input about a Lylyth3 list. I think she's really cool and I doubt anyone at the tournament will know what to do against her, but that said I also am unsure how to play her strengths. Any ideas?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

In regards to the new warcaster, is it strakhov or karchev? Don't really keep up on the fluff, and my friend keeps saying oneor the other might end up Crux...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

We don't know who the new Cryx warcaster is, but Matt Wilson has straight up said it is not Karchev. Your post is the first time I have heard anyone suggest Strakhov is jumping ship. It seems far more likely it is an entirely new face.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
What about that really pretty picture of Butcher I saw? I'm down on another crazy Butcher model.

E:

Duderclese fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 31, 2013

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Calico Noose posted:

2 points, and the clocks are SP6 instead of SP8 (though they do gain a point of POW), and they can be trampled over, and there's a difference between warmachine infantry and hordes infantry.

(I do think that these guys are probably a better deal more often than scattergunners, but even without eGrim, scattergunners are underrated.)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Okay, people. I need more god drat spoilers. For science.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Ashcans posted:

We don't know who the new Cryx warcaster is, but Matt Wilson has straight up said it is not Karchev. Your post is the first time I have heard anyone suggest Strakhov is jumping ship. It seems far more likely it is an entirely new face.

Actually he also said it's someone we've never seen before, because a lot of people were suggesting it was going to be Darragh Wrathe.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Clearly it will be Gorman, because we have never seen him - he's always in those clouds of smoke!

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

So I wound up buying a Baldur crew and a Woldwrath because it is a drat fine model. What point level can I take it at without massively gimping myself?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

http://privateerpress.com/exclusive-captain-victoria-haley-resin-statue-now-available

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

MisterShine posted:

So I wound up buying a Baldur crew and a Woldwrath because it is a drat fine model. What point level can I take it at without massively gimping myself?

My guess is 50, but he's honestly not the best caster for it, Elemental Mastery is really only generating a free focus off of it, and neither Baulder's spells can support it well.

You wonna go silly with it, you need eKaya, Gnarlhorn, and some Blackclads for a smooth 16 inch threat.

pMorv is probably the best at abusing the animus, between Influence and Harvest, Casius does similar tricks and he needs help with his low fury stat. Never done it but being able to hit with 2 Hellmouths sounds amazing.

Those last 2 are probably the best for running it because they want to play an infantry heavy game, Morv especially can force your opponent to grind to dust dealing with you infantry, allowing an uncontested Woldwrath to dominate the late game.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

MisterShine posted:

You are pretty much always gimping yourself by taking a gargantuan. The only debatable one is the mammoth because he provides so much to the faction. I might consider taking the mammoth at 35, but I would never take any of the others below 50.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

A new Orsus would be awesome. I only say Strakhov because of what little fluff I did read, he was trapped in some Cryx thingy. I dunno.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

MisterShine posted:

It starts looking like a good idea at 75, and there are some interesting gimmicks at 50.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
First in league this season!

Ended up playing a game against Khador as a tie breaker.
Scenario was Walk Softly, probably my least favorite one from Anomaly.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Our first place dude ran away with it after he half-rear end painted ~100 points of Legion to the bare minimum quality in like, a week. Follows the rules, but still kind of stinks for all the people who didn't win. (Not me, I wasn't in the running with how few games I can get in.)

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

MisterShine posted:

A local player runs a sweet objective/assassin list using the wold-wrath

Something like:
eKrueger
Woldwrath
Megalith

Druids + UA
2 units of wold stalker
Black clad
Gallows grove
Shifting stones

Give or take a few points. It might be a tier list to get some cheaper stuff, I can't recall.

Basically eKruegs plays aggressively, uses his feat to open a lane to the enemy caster then Druids wrath, gallows, TK on them. The druids force bolt to pull them in and knock them down, then hunter's mark, wold wrath charges in and owns them.
There is a lot of redundancy there, so you an use concentrated fire for the assassination or to open the lane etc.

E: found the most recent version of the list - it used to have a warp-wolf or 2 though

Mondrian fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 31, 2013

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007

Fyrbrand posted:

Our first place dude ran away with it after he half-rear end painted ~100 points of Legion to the bare minimum quality in like, a week. Follows the rules, but still kind of stinks for all the people who didn't win. (Not me, I wasn't in the running with how few games I can get in.)

The guy I played against got most of his points from painting. Mine were mostly from playing / schematics. Did anyone check what the guy actually painted? You can only earn points for each category 3 times

S.J.
May 19, 2008

God damnit I wish I could afford this :smith:

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
It's drat nice looking in person, but holy poo poo do I want a miniature version of it to replace the two terrible pHaley sculpts we have. Unfortunately, the price I was quoted for that was eleventy billion dollars, so probably not happening!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

stabbington posted:

It's drat nice looking in person, but holy poo poo do I want a miniature version of it to replace the two terrible pHaley sculpts we have. Unfortunately, the price I was quoted for that was eleventy billion dollars, so probably not happening!

Whaaaat. The resculpt is fine. It's just the paintjob that they have of it that's terrible.

Also:

Holy poo poo his eyes :stare:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh my god I hadn't noticed his eyes, that's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

The War Room app on Android has updated with all the Convergence stuff if anyone has the ultimate bundle or wanted to pick up the deck.

• Locked thread