Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Emma is cool and all but I do not approve of her contributing to the worrying trend of wrestlers without kneepads. The same goes for Big E.

It's that bad influence Cesaro. His worrying fashion choices are no doubt why he's lost his push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

I Before E posted:

It's that bad influence Cesaro. His worrying fashion choices are no doubt why he's lost his push.
And he was influenced by Cody. The mustache is a smokescreen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just watched the last two episodes of NXT. I should have listened to you people. That's the best wrestling show around. Over the last few months I've given WWE, TNA, ROH, and even OVW tries. Why wasn't I just watching NXT? And those RAW Rebounds during the shows just hammered home how bad RAW looks and how I should just keep watching NXT.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you haven't watched the show yet, the Raw recap on this one was SEVEN MINUTES LONG.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

njsykora posted:

If you haven't watched the show yet, the Raw recap on this one was SEVEN MINUTES LONG.

Yeah, that was brutal. You'd think they could have given the battle royal a bit more time instead of having like 12 eliminations before the commercial break. Ah well, I guess one of the advantages of watching it online is being able to skip that sort of crap.

I didn't get a great impression of D-Squared from their debut, but based on the rear end in a top hat charisma I've seen from Lefort elsewhere I look forward to seeing where things go from here.

As far as I remember this was the first week where Rowan was doing the yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah thing, but it was surprising how quickly the crowd grabbed onto it. The NXT audience is like a less-obnoxious indie crowd and I love them for it.

So, will Emma, Paige, or Summer be the first womens' champion? I could see Paige and Summer screwing each other over with Emma coming out on top for now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

njsykora posted:

Oh, I saw it. I considered it and the week prior's Rewind to be worthwhile solely because they convinced me I was doing the right thing by ignoring RAW. I think not only will I keep watching NXT each week but I'll also keep watching the Rewind as my weekly reminder to ignore that other poo poo show.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
I went to an NXT show last night at their arena in Tampa, and I'm happy to say that Mike Dalton has a Zoolander gimmick now. He came out to cut a promo, but I really couldn't hear him because the two awful harpy women* in front of me were shouting him down and calling him a homo. Also, Aiden English and Mickey (formerly Axl) Keegan watched Gangs of New York the other night and have formed a tag team based on Bill the Butcher's gang, complete with top hats I'm 90% sure were made with construction paper.

*Corey Graves later told these women they were "horrifying," and then declined to hug or touch them in any way.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Fart Radio posted:

I went to an NXT show last night at their arena in Tampa, and I'm happy to say that Mike Dalton has a Zoolander gimmick now. He came out to cut a promo, but I really couldn't hear him because the two awful harpy women* in front of me were shouting him down and calling him a homo. Also, Aiden English and Mickey (formerly Axl) Keegan watched Gangs of New York the other night and have formed a tag team based on Bill the Butcher's gang, complete with top hats I'm 90% sure were made with construction paper.

*Corey Graves later told these women they were "horrifying," and then declined to hug or touch them in any way.

That sounds so awesome. Since tapings are like once a month, house shows must be a smorgasbord of gimmicks to test.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Man if i lived near the nxt area id buy a season ticket and go like every night they run a show.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Before this week's episode, has Jake Carter actually appeared in any other recent episodes? Because when I looked at him standing in the ring before the match, I couldn't remember ever seeing a guy who looks pretty much like the Miz's significantly more jacked big brother.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Germansimp posted:

Before this week's episode, has Jake Carter actually appeared in any other recent episodes? Because when I looked at him standing in the ring before the match, I couldn't remember ever seeing a guy who looks pretty much like the Miz's significantly more jacked big brother.

Last time I remember seeing him was at the outset of Corey Graves' push, which was at least a month ago. Probably significantly longer - I'm terrible with time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Germansimp posted:

Even funnier when you consider that "Jake Carter" is the name of Miz's character in The Marine 3 (and there were at one point plans to have them feud over it).

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

wasnt vader's son a big deal in japan?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Perigryn posted:

Even funnier when you consider that "Jake Carter" is the name of Miz's character in The Marine 3 (and there were at one point plans to have them feud over it).
Randolph Spencer, Sean Armstrong, and Shep Ramsey could all be NXT wrestlers.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If I were Vader's son, I'd see that as a birthrite that I need to get as massive as possible so I could hoss everyone around too.

I'm a little disappointed in Jake Carter that he's not just a younger Vader.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Zyla posted:

wasnt vader's son a big deal in japan?

Not really He worked a few matches with his dad where he got the rub by association and led to the gifs of Vader looking ridiculously proud of his son. He did get good responses though, so if things don't work out for him then in the wwe there's always the chance of having a successful run in Japan.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is he at least a good worker?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

He's a solid hand, a little bit green, but he throws absolutely brutal looking punches like his dad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Fart Radio posted:

Mickey (formerly Axl) Keegan

Way to make your stage name suck. You want to make it memorable, not have to explain to everyone that you weren't stuttering.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Fart Radio posted:

I really want them to start using English as something more than a non-descript job guy because he was pretty drat funny at the show I went to. His gimmick was basically like Sandow's, just replace smug genius with pompous thespian, but he was pretty entertaining with it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Suben posted:

I really want them to start using English as something more than a non-descript job guy because he was pretty drat funny at the show I went to. His gimmick was basically like Sandow's, just replace smug genius with pompous thespian, but he was pretty entertaining with it.

Yes yes yes. His little description on the website says he's an actor/director and I want to see that. But that Gangs of New York gimmicks sounds great too.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Liar Lyre posted:

But that Gangs of New York gimmicks sounds great too.
They need to grow old timey mustaches to complete the look.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anyone want to put together some links to Bray matches and shows for the recent interest in him? If nobody else feels froggy, I'll do it when I am not on my iPod.

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551834

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
So me and the gf just watched an entire month of NXT in two days and I think we might just stop watching Raw altogether.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The thread that RacistGuidingLight did his best to ruin? I wanted to have something a little less trolled, if you know what I mean.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rotinaj posted:

The thread that RacistGuidingLight did his best to ruin? I wanted to have something a little less trolled, if you know what I mean.

I'm sorry for making the thread good Mister Picky but the links work.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Just now watching the recent episode, and...wow, Stephanie can't turn off that Grr I'm Angry/Grr I Smell Something face, can she?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I'm sorry for making the thread good Mister Picky but the links work.

Hey, if you really want to be the Hiram's Bitch of making jokes about Bray Wyatt, feel free. But the thread got locked after you "improved" things.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rotinaj posted:

Hey, if you really want to be the Hiram's Bitch of making jokes about Bray Wyatt, feel free. But the thread got locked after you "improved" things.

I pissed in a circle jerk, killing the infection before it could spread, yes. I did do that very good thing. But you can still browse and click those links.

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?

rotinaj posted:

Well nobody else seems to be in much of a hurry to put together a separate, personalized playlist for you. I'd just read the thread somebody already made with highlights of his promo work and matches.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hamass posted:

Well nobody else seems to be in much of a hurry to put together a separate, personalized playlist for you. I'd just read the thread somebody already made with highlights of his promo work and matches.

And also my excellent posts.

EDIT: And jokes aren't trolling but w/e

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Just now watching the recent episode, and...wow, Stephanie can't turn off that Grr I'm Angry/Grr I Smell Something face, can she?

That's the McMahon face. It only has that and the "My wife just spent my fortune on a second failed political campaign" face.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hamass posted:

A, I was trying to insinuate that someone could copy-paste that very OP into this not-locked thread, so that people curious about Bray's inring ability would have something easy to refer to. I have been watching NXT and am perfectl capable of YouTube searching up videos on the man. So something could be done to help educate people on him. You know, like a thread devoted to the newest guy to make waves in the WWE thanks to some intriguing vignettes. Unfortunately, someone seems to think that we can't have fun and all wrestling talk needs to be negative and critical.

B, step off my nuts. RGL, were you crusading against the Randy Orton Love thread, or the John Morrison thread? Or are you just trollin' Bray Wyatt fans? gently caress, everyone always complains about how negative this forum is, and when people find something to just enjoy, someone's always got to gently caress with us.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

rotinaj posted:

B, step off my nuts. RGL, were you crusading against the Randy Orton Love thread, or the John Morrison thread? Or are you just trollin' Bray Wyatt fans? gently caress, everyone always complains about how negative this forum is, and when people find something to just enjoy, someone's always got to gently caress with us.

RGL is a really, really bad poster who is either just poo poo or a worse gimmick than Hiram's Bitch and somehow less funny.

Bray owns even if he's fat.

So does Corey Graves (but not fat)

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Why are people saying my name I'm just sitting here dressed like a lemon minding my own business...

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
While I've really enjoyed NXT over the last 6 months or so, the last month of episodes has been the peak of that, and this thread is really showing that. Everything from the week before night of champions forward has had excellent build, gimmick use, workrate, etc. and that's with introducing this next round of new talent so I'm really excited for the next few months now that they're continuing to really push the developmental guys up.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I think the guys in NXT know all of their top guys are going to be gone by Wrestlemania 30, so they are just trying all kinds of stuff and seeing what sticks. Like the D Squared and LaFort thing and the Gangs of New York gimmick at a house show. They sound ok and rough, but they are willing to try anything to make everyone a potential star.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MJBuddy posted:

While I've really enjoyed NXT over the last 6 months or so, the last month of episodes has been the peak of that, and this thread is really showing that. Everything from the week before night of champions forward has had excellent build, gimmick use, workrate, etc. and that's with introducing this next round of new talent so I'm really excited for the next few months now that they're continuing to really push the developmental guys up.

What you need to bear in mind about the current NXT roster is that a lot of it is pretty much the top level of indie talent from the last 3-4 years and Big E Langston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimWK
Oct 29, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

I think the guys in NXT know all of their top guys are going to be gone by Wrestlemania 30, so they are just trying all kinds of stuff and seeing what sticks. Like the D Squared and LaFort thing and the Gangs of New York gimmick at a house show. They sound ok and rough, but they are willing to try anything to make everyone a potential star.

Gone as in called up to the main roster, or released from the company?

• Locked thread