Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

WindowsBreaker posted:

I have this

and this

and I helped build and drive this

I think I have a problem.

I don't see a problem :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
You do have a problem: where are the wagons? I love RWD Volvos though.

Nayt
May 13, 2013
I'm a HUGE Hyundai fan and am new here. Here are my babies.

Apparently I can't get these pictures to post with Imageshack uploader. Hmmm.

The last one was a gift from my grandfather who was in the car business for 30 years. Pretty cool, gets me lots of honks, waves, whistles and race offerings.

Nayt fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 1, 2013

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Nayt posted:

I'm a HUGE Hyundai fan and am new here. Here are my babies.

Apparently I can't get these pictures to post with Imageshack uploader. Hmmm.
Yeah it's not allowed here, just use imgur.com

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

As I posted in the "bad pic" thread, I actually got this car a month ago, but someone stole her the next day while I was out to eat, took the wheels, and caused 20k in damage from pushing it down the street, stuffing it, and not even putting it on blocks when taking the wheels.

The outside of the car had to basically be hand put back together with some underside work as well, it took a little more than a month (with me driving a rented Volkswagon Passat in the meantime), and I gave it the detailed look-through today. The dealer's shop did an excellent job overall, with all OEM parts that I can find. Looks like nothing ever happened, really. i took a bunch of pics for reference, and I'll share a few of the "normal" shots here:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I'm so glad you got her back and in prime condition too! :neckbeard: Love that engine bay shot.

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Darko posted:

As I posted in the "bad pic" thread, I actually got this car a month ago, but someone stole her the next day while I was out to eat, took the wheels, and caused 20k in damage from pushing it down the street, stuffing it, and not even putting it on blocks when taking the wheels.

The outside of the car had to basically be hand put back together with some underside work as well, it took a little more than a month (with me driving a rented Volkswagon Passat in the meantime), and I gave it the detailed look-through today. The dealer's shop did an excellent job overall, with all OEM parts that I can find. Looks like nothing ever happened, really. i took a bunch of pics for reference, and I'll share a few of the "normal" shots here:

20k in damage and they didn't total the car? wow.

Looks great though.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Some Guy From NY posted:

20k in damage and they didn't total the car? wow.

Looks great though.

Michigan needs at least 3/4 and in many/most cases 80% to total a car from the insurance companies. Some of the most accidents in the country and the highest average insurance rates in the country (I think), and the highest percentage needed for a total.

I almost hit 2/3 in damages and it wasn't even a consideration for them to total it.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Got the car back from the auto-body shop to replace the front bumper after a friend backed into it. The shop ended up waxing the entire car. It didn't come out great in the photo but I think it's shinier than when I bought it new...

exempt
Dec 10, 2006

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Got the car back from the auto-body shop to replace the front bumper after a friend backed into it. The shop ended up waxing the entire car. It didn't come out great in the photo but I think it's shinier than when I bought it new...

This is a car I wouldn't buy or drive, but it looks really good. I love the wheels.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Is that a Yaris?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Man that looks like fun. I test drove a Yaris back in '08 when they first came out. I loved that little thing, and should have bought it.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

what wheels are those? Looks really good. I drive a yaris too :hfive:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Those look like some Rota D2s. The Yaris does look good actually. Something about it and the Fit I really like.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

angryhampster posted:

Man that looks like fun. I test drove a Yaris back in '08 when they first came out. I loved that little thing, and should have bought it.

Nice, this is a 2008 as well. I bought it new for $12,300 when gas prices were getting crazy and it's been a fun and dead reliable ride since I bought it, 50k miles later. It's a really fun car to drive. Even with I/H/E/TB it's still pretty slow in a straight line, but it handles pretty well (I installed Tein Steet Basic coilovers and TRD rear swaybar) and has decent stock brakes. There are a lot of good roads here around Portland, OR so I get to take it out and enjoy it regularly.

ADINSX posted:

what wheels are those? Looks really good. I drive a yaris too :hfive:

16x7 Rota D2, ET38. I picked them up in trade from a guy on craigslist for a bunch of car parts. I didn't know how they'd look on the car being gold but it turned out great. Thanks for the kind words. Yaris bros :hfive:

One more I took last night, playing around with my new camera:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Nice, this is a 2008 as well. I bought it new for $12,300 when gas prices were getting crazy and it's been a fun and dead reliable ride since I bought it, 50k miles later. It's a really fun car to drive. Even with I/H/E/TB it's still pretty slow in a straight line, but it handles pretty well (I installed Tein Steet Basic coilovers and TRD rear swaybar) and has decent stock brakes. There are a lot of good roads here around Portland, OR so I get to take it out and enjoy it regularly.

16x7 Rota D2, ET38. I picked them up in trade from a guy on craigslist for a bunch of car parts. I didn't know how they'd look on the car being gold but it turned out great. Thanks for the kind words. Yaris bros :hfive:

One more I took last night, playing around with my new camera:

Quick and dirty edit for curves and color:

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Wait, are you in Hillsboro, Oregon? Orenco Station?!!?!?! I love your car.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

angryhampster posted:

Quick and dirty edit for curves and color:

drat, that looks way better. I'm a photoshop newb. Thanks!

thealphabetsez posted:

Wait, are you in Hillsboro, Oregon? Orenco Station?!!?!?! I love your car.

Yep, that's me. I live in the lofts above the Kitchen Kaboodle right now. It sucks having to use a New Seasons parking lot as your 'driveway' but at least I never have to worry about my car getting hosed with.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

drat, that looks way better. I'm a photoshop newb. Thanks!

Yep, that's me. I live in the lofts above the Kitchen Kaboodle right now. It sucks having to use a New Seasons parking lot as your 'driveway' but at least I never have to worry about my car getting hosed with.

That is amazing. I am literally across Cornell at the Q condos. I've caught myself admiring your car on a number of occasions while walking to and from the grocer.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I didn't know how they'd look on the car being gold

Gold wheels > Not Gold Wheels 98% of time.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

djfooboo posted:

Gold wheels > Not Gold Wheels 98% of time.

Let's test that theory -- here's my 2010 GTI with some freshly gilded RPF1s.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Blooot posted:

Walp, there is also a theorem which states: RPF1's > 98% of wheels. If we combine both of these laws we get the djfooboo's combined theory of Gold RPF1's. this theory states: I have a set of special edition gold RPF1's new in box for a car I won't own for years in my garage because they are too good :science:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blooot posted:

Are those 18"s?

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Bovril Delight posted:

Are those 18"s?

No, they're 17x7.5 +48 with 225/45R17 Hankook RS-3s. I think I dropped around 8 lbs per corner VS the stock 17" Denvers.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blooot posted:

No, they're 17x7.5 +48 with 225/45R17 Hankook RS-3s. I think I dropped around 8 lbs per corner VS the stock 17" Denvers.

Looks great. I think the SBC color would look solid on my shark blue TDI.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

djfooboo posted:

Walp, there is also a theorem which states: RPF1's > 98% of wheels. If we combine both of these laws we get the djfooboo's combined theory of Gold RPF1's. this theory states: I have a set of special edition gold RPF1's new in box for a car I won't own for years in my garage because they are too good :science:

I agree RPF1's look good on pretty much anything.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

thealphabetsez posted:

That is amazing. I am literally across Cornell at the Q condos. I've caught myself admiring your car on a number of occasions while walking to and from the grocer.

Small goon world. I'm getting ready to move so it won't be there much longer. Finally getting a place with a garage so I can work on all of my motorcycles.....YESSSSSSSSS (the two scooters parked usually right next to my car are also mine/MY GIRLFRIENDs)

Blooot posted:

I'm with everyone else on this one, RPF1's are hot as gently caress. Personally, the car needs MOAR LOWZZ :v: though.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Bovril Delight posted:

Looks great. I think the SBC color would look solid on my shark blue TDI.

Thanks! For SBC, like gold, you'd have to roll your own as these only come in silver in 5x112.

Edit: 4/20 -- you'll be bummed to hear that's not in the plans for this car. These wheels/tires are the first and last of the sick modz.

Blooot fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 4, 2013

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
Just got the best car in the world after my '08 Cadillac CTS was totalled.

A 1997 Astro Van. I love this drat thing.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Just Chompin' posted:

Just got the best car in the world after my '08 Cadillac CTS was totalled.

A 1997 Astro Van. I love this drat thing.

Sweet. We had one for our company for a few years, served us well but we needed to upsize, now we have an AWD Savannah

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
Huh, I thought the Savannah was the same size or is that the Safari?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Just Chompin' posted:

Huh, I thought the Savannah was the same size or is that the Safari?

Safari is the Astro, Savannah is the Express cargo van.

Here is ours after I got bored and played around with some pinstriping tape I had sitting around.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My parents hauled us around in an 80's Astro Van. That thing reminds me of my childhood :3:

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Carteret posted:

My parents hauled us around in an 80's Astro Van. That thing reminds me of my childhood :3:

My parents had a Teal early 90s Safari, then a mid 90's Astro with captains chairs in the middle row. Spent lots of time back there taking the jet skis to Laughlin or lakes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Be thankful you didn't get into an accident with one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kuSghb7P7U

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

:stare: ours didn't even have airbags, I don't think.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

CharlesM posted:

Be thankful you didn't get into an accident with one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kuSghb7P7U

Can you imagine sitting there all mashed up waiting for them to cut you out of the driver's seat? Christ.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Can you imagine sitting there all mashed up waiting for them to cut you out of the driver's seat? Christ.

I can't, but its probably because I would be dead. Like, real dead.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The wonders of Body-on-Frame car construction. :allears:

Everyone drive giant pickup trucks because they're safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

The wonders of Body-on-Frame car construction. :allears:

Everyone drive giant pickup trucks because they're safe!

It looks like the frame buckled here as I would expect a unibody to do as well. Why is this related to being body on frame?