Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.

Nikumatic posted:

I vote not to pamper Chibimi. This LP has a strict no spoiler policy.

I was hoping someone would dissent! Masterfully punned. :golfclap:

Likewise, I'll vote to do the bare minimum to sustain Chibimi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Anatharon posted:

Two As. "Slaanash"

Also the other DR thread is closed.

Well I did find someone with that name however he has yet to reply to my contact request either.

Let's make this easier, just mail me at pikachu025 at gmail.com and we'll figure something out.

AkiNamura
Nov 6, 2012
If anything I would say spoil the little bunny. Consider it a way of repenting for letting it die in its own filth as someone stated before.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
I vote to barely keep it alive. Because bunnies are just awful creatures that mess up my back garden.

Ledundead
Oct 10, 2012
For the first time in Dangan Ronpa, I'm in favor of spoiling something.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011

AkiNamura posted:

If anything I would say spoil the little bunny. Consider it a way of repenting for letting it die in its own filth as someone stated before.

Come on, it already died and was sad. Let's go back and apologize.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You know what? Don't just spoil the thing. Love it to death.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
How about we stop the voting here so we don't have pages and pages of votes for spoiling the pet? I think it won, and there's a reason free-time votes were moved to an offsite poll.

MUTEkI
Oct 12, 2012

Charlett posted:

Come on, it already died and was sad. Let's go back and apologize.

Agreed on all counts, spoil that sunofabitch

TalimK
Mar 21, 2013
Pamper the bunny. Maybe it can be used as a weapon in future Monomi games.

Antoinette
May 1, 2013

tiistai posted:

Lazy art and a half-baked joke once again

I swear one day I'll draw something that's actually funny

This is funny! I wonder if it might be true. Sports games are such a different genre that I wouldn't be surprised if she sucked at them.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

Antoinette posted:

This is funny! I wonder if it might be true. Sports games are such a different genre that I wouldn't be surprised if she sucked at them.

I am pretty sure the joke was that she's not good at actual sports.

Mystrich
Jun 26, 2010
So after 3 weeks, I've finally managed to read through all of DR1 and catch up to this thread too. First off, amazing translation Orenronen, so thanks for that (EDIT: and of course, Fedule for the editing this time around making it even better).

Second off, has anyone else noticed that the first trial in DR2 is really similar in concept to the first trial in DR1? The murderer killed a would-be-murderer (or in this case, intended to kill the would be murderer). Assuming the pattern continues: Souda is actually a serial killer (he's the most affected by the idea of killing and has a crush on the person who knows everything about said killer - Sonia) and shy girl (Nanami/Chihiro) gets killed by a gangster she trusts is a friend (Kuzuryuu/Mondo).

I mean, I doubt they'll be so predictable, but it would be interesting if the pattern continued like that.

Mystrich fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 31, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One instance by definition is not a pattern, sorry.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

tentawesome posted:

I am pretty sure the joke was that she's not good at actual sports.

I had both options in mind. Choose your own punchline :v:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

VoidBurger posted:

This is pretty awesome. If I may offer a critique however, I think the eyes should be farther apart, and maybe an eensy bit larger. My brain wants to make the shirt as a whole into Monobear's head, so it wants the eyes to be proportionately place on the "head" (the black and white ackground.) It's still really great, though! I love the tie-dye style execution. HEH. Execution.

I actually quite like that it's not designed as Monobear's head. I'm not a fan of those things, and this is just a bit more "subtle". It's recognisable, but not so obvious. It's fact that those are the best kind of tops. :colbert:

But seriously, I'd echo the size of the eyes being made a tad larger, and the black eye being more round. It's a pretty sweet top and, frankly, I'd actually buy one in stores with that design. I think it's cool.

tiistai posted:

I had both options in mind. Choose your own punchline :v:

I like it, and it's layered too! Keep it up. I'd love to see more of this.

I'm also going to agree with the thread and say that you should spoil the pet. Gundam makes a valid point.

HoneyAltoid
May 28, 2013

If DR2 were to have a serial killer and have the same sort of character tropes as the first game (I mean, it /sort of/ does but the characters are still unique) I'd probably..not lose interest per se but be pretty disenchanted with the game and only continue reading to see how the story as a whole wraps up. I honestly see Souda as being more likely to be a victim than a serial killer, since if they DID do another one, I doubt they'd do the split personality thing again since that would be really cheap.

That shirt is pretty cool, subtle though if I were to personally wear it I agree with wanting the eyes spaced apart a bit more, more so as a design thing rather than keeping closer to monobear, but what's important is that you like it! I especially like the sort of smokey way the black blends to the white side, I'd like a few shirts unrelated to DR with that sort of effect.

Gosh I'm on the edge of my seat to see who gets murdered next.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

HoneyAltoid posted:

If DR2 were to have a serial killer and have the same sort of character tropes as the first game (I mean, it /sort of/ does but the characters are still unique) I'd probably..not lose interest per se but be pretty disenchanted with the game and only continue reading to see how the story as a whole wraps up.

With the whole Kirakira thing (if it's not a red herring), it seems like they might take a more "professional" approach. If it was, say, Pekoyama, I'm pretty sure she'd just react to others freaking out by saying "Yeah I kill people, but only killers. You guys have nothing to worry about". I'm sure some people (Souda) would still freak out, however.

I hope that it would be her, just because it would make her and SHSL Yakuza's interactions the last couple of chapters take a whole new direction.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
So, I went to Japan and I bought some stuff.

:syoon: Click here for a bunch of blurry pictures of DanganRonpa merchandise! :syoon:

*correction: The shirt was $40, not $30. It's also WAY bigger than I expected a Japanese medium to be, haha WHOOPS.
**another correction: Apparently, those yellow tickets are for preorder items, not "things in the back room," whoops~

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 1, 2013

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Wow, that merch looks great.

quote:

I can't say I know what this is either, but it does look like a book cover, or maybe a gift bag.

Bisensual
May 24, 2013

Do you hate me?

I have the sudden urge to buy a lot of Dangan Ronpa merch now. Do not tempt me! (Dammit, I think I am going to buy some of that merch.)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

VoidBurger posted:

:syoon: Click here for a bunch of blurry pictures of DanganRonpa merchandise! :syoon:

*correction: The shirt was $40, not $30. It's also WAY bigger than I expected a Japanese medium to be, haha WHOOPS.

Whereabouts in Shibuya did you find that? I only saw anything in Akihabara.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

That one tshirt with all of the DR2 pixel sprites on them was so cute. I'd layer that with one of my dresses that shows the front of a tee. I'd die for an Akane and Nanami from those blind box toy sets. :kimchi:

Is there anywhere to buy these things online?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Suzuki Method posted:

That one tshirt with all of the DR2 pixel sprites on them was so cute. I'd layer that with one of my dresses that shows the front of a tee. I'd die for an Akane and Nanami from those blind box toy sets. :kimchi:

Is there anywhere to buy these things online?

There definetly are places but most of them are out of stock from what I've seen. :(

You can buy Gundam's Scarf though. :toot:

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Anatharon posted:

Whereabouts in Shibuya did you find that? I only saw anything in Akihabara.

The tee, you mean? It was from Kotobukiya in Akihabara.

If not and you're asking where I found DR stuff in general: Somewhere in Shibuya is a place called Animate!, I think. (That's where the Monokumarket was.) It's in the same building as a Mandrake store, if that helps?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

VoidBurger posted:

Oren mentioned it in the last thread but I'm still surprised they opened an entire store just for DR merch, even if it was little more than a promotianl thing in Shibuya. This series really loving took off didn't it.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Oren mentioned it in the last thread but I'm still surprised they opened an entire store just for DR merch, even if it was little more than a promotianl thing in Shibuya. This series really loving took off didn't it.
I dunno about the DR-only store, but I don't know if that necessarily means it's "taken off." These are literally the only two stores I saw DanganRonpa stuff, and I was in and out a whole bunch of shops during the week. I wouldn't call DR mainstream at all. Meanwhile, there's One Piece merch in every drat corner that isn't filled up with AKB48 merch in every other store imaginable. This DR stuff was in a little allotted space next to loads of other anime merch for shows that I've never seen or heard of. I only found ONE gachapon machine for DR trinkets, and it was in front of the second store in that album. And I looked at every gachapon machine I ran across. I saw 5 or 6 gacha machines in different cities that dispensed toys from the movie Alien, but only one for DR, and it was in a very specific spot.

Meanwhile, these hideous things are insanely INSANELY popular:

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 31, 2013

Torino
Mar 6, 2013

If I could find a way to put my own soul into a computer, that would surely create a true “strong AIâ€Â...

Minus Green posted:

Wow, that merch looks great.

I can't say I know what this is either, but it does look like a book cover, or maybe a gift bag.

Pretty sure it's a 'clear file', like a plastic folder. (Also, those slips you give to the shop staff are for preorder items, not 'things in the back room')
(On the subject of Chibimi, since by now it's been pretty much established that it's going to be spoiled, I'm looking forward to comparing its potentially different outcome to my own, which is just getting 'moderate care'.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

HoneyAltoid posted:

If DR2 were to have a serial killer and have the same sort of character tropes as the first game (I mean, it /sort of/ does but the characters are still unique) I'd probably..not lose interest per se but be pretty disenchanted with the game and only continue reading to see how the story as a whole wraps up. I honestly see Souda as being more likely to be a victim than a serial killer, since if they DID do another one, I doubt they'd do the split personality thing again since that would be really cheap.

That shirt is pretty cool, subtle though if I were to personally wear it I agree with wanting the eyes spaced apart a bit more, more so as a design thing rather than keeping closer to monobear, but what's important is that you like it! I especially like the sort of smokey way the black blends to the white side, I'd like a few shirts unrelated to DR with that sort of effect.

Gosh I'm on the edge of my seat to see who gets murdered next.

That odd conversation with Sonia in the library seems to foreshadow a Dexter-style killer of killers among them.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Torino posted:

Pretty sure it's a 'clear file', like a plastic folder. (Also, those slips you give to the shop staff are for preorder items, not 'things in the back room')
(On the subject of Chibimi, since by now it's been pretty much established that it's going to be spoiled, I'm looking forward to comparing its potentially different outcome to my own, which is just getting 'moderate care'.
Whoops, my bad. I can't edit the pics for whatever reason, so I'll just edit the post.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spatula City posted:

That odd conversation with Sonia in the library seems to foreshadow a Dexter-style killer of killers among them.

If they're going to run with the "killer who kills other killers" idea, there's a number of directions they could take it without rehashing things from the first game. Perhaps Nagito will be the next target, if the serial killer blames him for his indirect role in the murder of Chapter 1.

Or maybe they'll do a double murder where the murderer kills the victim because they killed one of the other students(in contrast to Chapter 3 of the last game where the murderer manipulated their victim into killing someone else). For an extra twist, the other "murder" might then turn out to have been a suicide or accident, and the killer actually ended up killing an innocent person thinking they were responsible.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wyvernil posted:

If they're going to run with the "killer who kills other killers" idea, there's a number of directions they could take it without rehashing things from the first game. Perhaps Nagito will be the next target, if the serial killer blames him for his indirect role in the murder of Chapter 1.

I hope whatever actually happens in this chapter involves someone other than Nagito. He was interesting in the first scenario, and that twist on him was neat but I think it'd be nice to take a relative break from his character, rather than have him be central to the next murder case too.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Voidburger you are making me super super jealous right now. :argh: I knew I should have preordered that Monobear backpack when I had the chance!! (But as I already mentioned in the other thread before it closed, I do have two of the figures coming to me in the next few months so that will have to do.)

And yeah, Japanese t-shirt sizes -- really Japanese clothing sizes in general -- operate on a strange and arcane magic that ensures I will never fit properly into anything ever.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

VoidBurger posted:

**another correction: Apparently, those yellow tickets are for preorder items, not "things in the back room," whoops~

Oh poo poo, is that pig from Nekojiru?

?

It's pork katsu

TwoDayLife fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 1, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Miss Kalle posted:

Voidburger you are making me super super jealous right now. :argh: I knew I should have preordered that Monobear backpack when I had the chance!! (But as I already mentioned in the other thread before it closed, I do have two of the figures coming to me in the next few months so that will have to do.)

And yeah, Japanese t-shirt sizes -- really Japanese clothing sizes in general -- operate on a strange and arcane magic that ensures I will never fit properly into anything ever.

I was told the general rule was assume 2 sizes up, but I've never been willing to take the gamble. Also 2 sizes up for me is XXL which isn't exactly common.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

The DR popup store is still on tour throughout Japan. They're setting up in Kyoto for 9 days starting today, in fact (including some exclusive Kyoto goods that look really nice), and will be in Shizuoka later this month.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Wyvernil posted:

Or maybe they'll do a double murder where the murderer kills the victim because they killed one of the other students(in contrast to Chapter 3 of the last game where the murderer manipulated their victim into killing someone else). For an extra twist, the other "murder" might then turn out to have been a suicide or accident, and the killer actually ended up killing an innocent person thinking they were responsible.

Every student on the island is a serial killer but none of them know anyone else is just yet. Monobear is the crusader who is hunting down killers.

Torino
Mar 6, 2013

If I could find a way to put my own soul into a computer, that would surely create a true “strong AIâ€Â...

orenronen posted:

The DR popup store is still on tour throughout Japan. They're setting up in Kyoto for 9 days starting today, in fact (including some exclusive Kyoto goods that look really nice), and will be in Shizuoka later this month.

I don't suppose it's too off topic to ask where I can see the schedule for this store? I don't want to miss when it comes to Fukuoka (...assuming I haven't already). And for the benefit of the other people in Japan in this thread of course.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

VoidBurger posted:

The tee, you mean? It was from Kotobukiya in Akihabara.

If not and you're asking where I found DR stuff in general: Somewhere in Shibuya is a place called Animate!, I think. (That's where the Monokumarket was.) It's in the same building as a Mandrake store, if that helps?

Yeah, I think I know where you mean. :v:

Yeah, it was open for about two weeks in Akihabara in December/February. I was pretty broke so I could only grab a copy of the game and something vaguely spoilerish for DR2. :(

VoidBurger posted:

I dunno about the DR-only store, but I don't know if that necessarily means it's "taken off."

The only place I saw anything for it was the DR store, and I spent like a day in each of Shibuya and Akihabara looking. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Re: Despair Syndrome

Time to head off to Jabberwock park.

...But not before we run into some classmates who are also on their way.

Sniff... I'm sorry for being so slow... I'll head to the park straight away...!

But... I'm not being late on purpose... I tried to leave my cottage immediately after the announcement came on, but...

Waaaaaaah... I fell down again...!

Sniff... I know everyone hates me because I keep making these excuses...
I...If I have time to make excuses, I should use it to hurry up...!

So she fell down again... There’s something really... pitiful... about her, isn’t there?

Dammit... Why’d I have to hear that announcement...?!
I coulda missed it... I coulda pleaded ignorance... I coulda not turned up... Everything’d be fine!
I... don’t think it works like that. Those monitors are installed all over the island, aren't they?
Besides... I don't think Monobear would accept something like that as an excuse.

Oi! You trying to scare me?!
Ah, dammit... I really don't wanna go...

I think he just needed a little push to get him moving. Not that I don't get how he feels...

No one else is around, so let's actually get to the park.

Woo! I got here first! That curry rice is all mine!

So someone did fall for it.

I am most curious to see what type of curry rice it's going to be!
You fell for it too?!

Anyone know the scientific term for how you suddenly start feeling hungry when you hear the words "curry rice"?!

Why are you morons getting so excited over this...? You're giving me a headache.

Oi, where are you, Monobear?! Come out, right now!
Sure, sure! Sorry to have kept you waiting! It's a miracle you lasted that long!

Hey, Monobear! I was the first one here! I claim that curry for myself!

Calm down, calm down.
You will be treated to Monobear's special Monobear Curry tomorrow evening, as promised.
M...Monobear Curry...?

It's a super-delicious curry made with unidentified meat, wilting vegetables and a mysterious rice brand!

"Delicious" isn't exactly the first word that ingredient list calls to mind...

It's gonna be fine! Making curry taste bad requires some serious skill!

There is wisdom in your words... but we are wasting our time.

Monobear. You will explain why you have called us here.
But know this... I am the man who would be king. If you bore me...

The Four Dark Gods shall dine on bear tonight!

Oh? Have you still not noticed?
The reason I brought you here... should be obvious if you look around the park.
...Eh?

Notice? I don't see anything suspicious. Better ask everyone.

Feh... He keeps calling us over here. What does he want this time?

Oh? Oh? What does Ibuki spot over there?!
Ibuki sees something that looks like a television! Is that also curry? TV-flavored curry?

"Monobear curry"... Ugh. Just hearing the name drops my appetite to zero. That's a big disadvantage in my book...

But I guess Owari won't care... She'll eat anything that's put in front of her.

And yet... still I wonder what variety of curry it will be!
Will it be seal curry...? Sea lion curry? On this island, it would probably be bear curry, wouldn't it?

She sure knows a lot about those Japan's regional special curry...

Seal curry and sea-lion curry come from Hokkaido, and are made with actual seal and sea-lion meat. They're best known for being sold in cans in supermarkets.

Big sis Owari would do anything for food, wouldn't she?

Add to that the way she uses her nose, and you can just imagine her chasing her tail going woof woof woof!
Kyahahahaha!

I hate to keep repeating myself, but don't forget! That curry is mine!

Yeah, yeah. We get it.

Hmhmhm... Yes... this will serve. I shall postpone the plan to turn that bear into pet food.

What is he talking about? Does he really know what's going on?

Curry... is the devil's own food. The smell of curry causes a chain-reaction...
Once it is in the air, everyone feels that they have to eat some too!

Ku... such a fearsome food!

Ibuki knows just what you're talking about! Anyone know the scientific term for that phenomenon?!

Didn't I tell you to let it go? Idiots.

U...Um... There seems to be a television screen over there...
What do you think that is?

That Monobear... What is he planning this time?

Could that be...? Is it...? I think it is...!

It seems Monobear is scheming something again... What is it going to be this time?

Okay, okay. I think I know what we're supposed to be looking at.

What's... this thing?

Ah! That's an arcade cabinet, isn't it?

Upupu... That's absolutely correct!

That is to say, I would like to start the period of recreational time you bastards have been waiting for!
Don't tell me... you're going to make us play a video game...?

Hey, what's on it?! What games are on it?!

S...She took the bait. That much excitement just isn't natural.

There's just one game installed, but... it's a jewel of a game.

I mean, it's a game I made on my very own!
...Huh? You made a game?

In that case... please excuse us for not looking forward to it.

No, no, no. This is far better than some silly amateur indie game...

I made a sequel to a certain legendary game! It's been waiting for one for so long!
A sequel to a what?

Music stops

Let me announce it formally!

Re: Mr. Monobear's Extracurricular Lesson

Ta-daaah! Its name is, "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery"!
Really? That sounds soooo lame!
I think games with, like, a professor who solves puzzles or where you collect cute monsters are much better!
Don't even joke about that, stupid! What're we gonna do if we start getting pressure from the publisher?!

Twilight Syndrome... An adventure game series, first published in 1996.
Its story revolves around a group of high school girls investigating the veracity of various urban legends...
It's also known for its unique vertical-scrolling stages, in which the characters move freely.

Nanami has the basic information right, but let me tell you a little more about it. Twilight Syndrome was a PS1 game published by Human Entertainment only in Japan, and has the claim to fame of being one of the first written and directed by Gouichi Suda, AKA Suda 51. The game was released in two parts, published a few months apart - the first one (subtitled "Search") contains chapter 1-5 of the story. The second ("Investigation") contains chapters 6-10. The game is significant for featuring a nearly all-female cast and for realistic dialogue - the writers recorded and studied hours of real high-school girls chatting to make the language and slang particularly contemporary (for 1996, anyway). The game is still considered a classic, and it's a shame it never got known in the west - it's pretty good.

The original Twilight Syndrome got several sequels. The first, Moonlight Syndrome, had most of the same development team and is an alternate-world story featuring the same characters. After Human Entertainment disbanded, its employees started several companies, including Suda's Grasshopper Manufacture and (more important to us), Spike. Spike released a sequel, "Twilight Syndrome: Reunion", in 2000. I never played it, but it's known for focusing on straight-out horror (instead of the spooky supernatural suspense of the first game), and for not having as good a story. A fourth sequel was released years later on the DS. 2008, to be exact. I did play that one and while it has some neat ideas, it's ultimately a failure both in story and in relying way too much on annoying touch screen gimmicks. Who knows? Perhaps Monobear's attempt may yet redeem the franchise?

Video games are for weaklings! I have no interest in them!
Besides... how would I even know about an ancient game from generations ago?!

The way you look... that statement is lacking credibility, y'know.

But, aren't adventure games boring? They're a pain in the butt!

Your negativity about adventure games is quite understandable, you know...

I mean, with the budget we get, there's not much we can do!

Sigh... I was a fan of that series. Now I feel it's gotten... sullied.

Your face should be sullied! Sullied by tears of joy! I am shining a new light on this forgotten title!
So what's the meaning of this game of yours?

...Hm?
There's no way you just want us to enjoy a game.

Upupupu... Very perceptive.

Ocean Breeze Dead End

That's right! This game is you bastards' next motive!
A motive to make you bastards kill one of your classmates!
I mean, unless someone does something soon, I'm going to get very bored!

This game is a... motive?

You see, this game's theme is "the missing link".
Y'know, that old mystery trope? Hidden connections and such.

W...What do you mean by that?

If you're curious... just play the game!

...O...Okay.

No, you can't! We refuse! This has got to be a trap!

If this game's a motive, then all we gotta do to win is not play!

GAHAHAHA! That's right! That's some superb logic you have there!

I see... so that is your plan.

But, are you sure it's going to work?

Having a motive means fortifying one's resolve.
A human who has found their resolve, and a human who hasn’t...
I don't have to tell you who's the strong one and who's the weak one, do I?

...W...What do you mean?

Let me give you an example. Suppose someone sneakily plays this game, and decides to go and kill someone else.

Getting ahead of the pack can win you the battle... and in this case can save your life!

W...What the hell?!

You bastards are all each other's enemies, aren't you? Are you sure you want to give your enemy an advantage?
I suggest you give this proper consideration, and if you still decide to ignore this game... well, do as you please.
See ya later!

Music stops

What the hell was that...?!

Re: Despair-Syndrome

Oi... what're we gonna do?

How should I know...? This is all just so messed up...

In any case, it is clearly dangerous to thoughtlessly play this game. That much is unmistakable.

T...That's right... We should probably wait a little while and see if something happens.

But... wouldn't it be really bad if someone really does decide to sneakily play the game while we're "waiting"?
That “someone” is going to get a motive. They'll become a hunter and the rest of us will be nothing but helpless prey.
H...How can you think that way...?!

...She's absolutely right, though, isn't she?

Heh... dying means you lost. And so, if you want to win the only way is to kill.
Don't worry... I'll never gonna end up as pitiful as Togami and Hanamura did.

Kuzuryuu spat out those words, and walked away from the park.

B...But... there is a little bit of sense in what he said, isn't there...?

What the hell are you saying? Do you want to kill someone yourself?!

I don't...! I meant that if we don't know what the motive is, we can't protect ourselves!

There's... something to that, but...

That has nothing to do with it.
...Huh?
The motive isn't important. Whether we play the game or not, we can't have any more mutual killing.
I... will never stand for any more mutual killing.

* ding dong ding dong *

Um, This is an announcement from Hope's Peak Academy's Field Trip Executive Committee...
It is now 10pm.
Please rest peacefully, along with the soothing sound of the waves.
Well then, pleasant dreams. Goodnight...

Beautiful Ruin

It's gotten late... It would be best if we disperse for the night.

I need to think about it on my own for a while... I've no clue what's the right thing to do...

But, I'm not going to kill anyone, even if I play the game. I mean, I'll never...

M...Me too...! I’d never be able to...!

Well, let's go. See y'all tomorrow...

We all started walking back toward our cottages, lost in thought...

But, something's bothering me...

That was... unexpected. I'd never thought she'd say what's on her mind as firmly as she did.

So she'd never stand for mutual killing, huh...

Well, it's not like she can't have her own opinion or anything...

Yaaaaaaawn...
Ah... I've gotten so tired. I'm going back, too...

...I just can't read her at all.

Re: Despair-Syndrome

A motive... to make us kill someone...

Should we just ignore it...?

Should we play that dangerous game so we can protect ourselves...?

How the hell can I even decide?

There's no way to know what's right and what's wrong on this mad island.

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

Monobear Theater

It's tough! It's really tough being a success!
Sigh... I am so jealous of you useless bastards who have never even gotten close to any kind of success.
Y'know, the biggest obstacle when attempting new challenges are your past accomplishments.
They’ll trip you up! You can't escape them!
Sigh... I am so jealous of you useless bastards... No one expects anything from you, and you're so happy...
You can do anything! Worry-free!
Sigh... It's really tough being a success!

• Locked thread