Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

End of Life Guy posted:

If you went to bed after Kryssstal's first WR, you went too early.
She did it again. Back to back world records.
1:24:15

Yeah, I was hitting :f5: here to confirm she hadn't just put up a replay. Dang. Also the Twitch chat refuses to load for me :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Haha I guess that answers how to keep the marathon worthwhile. She'll just break the record every game for the next 24 hours.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Streamed for five hours, broke the world record twice, had a chat so atrocious that she never wants to stream again. Twitch is the best and the worst.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They where literally asking about her feet, jesus.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

edit: ^^^ show feet bb

CVagts posted:

Streamed for five hours, broke the world record twice, had a chat so atrocious that she never wants to stream again. Twitch is the best and the worst.
?

She said she was just gonna catch some sleep, plugged another dude's twitch channel and thanked everyone for watching unless I missed something (I wasn't watching the whole chat, just scrolled up when she went offline).

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I was exaggerating. But she did seem upset about the chat, with good reason. Hopefully it straightens itself out, one way or another. She's an excellent streamer who deserves viewers.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
I really don't understand how people can get upset over people acting like retards on the internet. Why even look at chat if you're so sensitive, or at least put it in slow mode and subscriber only

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Is anyone's chat moderated well enough to be tolerable but not over-policed? I used to read twitch chat a little bit until about halfway through AGDQ13 when my brain just started tuning it out completely.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There where some folks on 4chans speedrunning general calling her a bitch, saying she planned it to :airquote: steal viewers :airquote: from their marathon, wouldn't surprise me if some of the dumbasses there acted extra creepy cause of that.

quote:

Is anyone's chat moderated well enough to be tolerable but not over-policed? I used to read twitch chat a little bit until about halfway through AGDQ13 when my brain just started tuning it out completely.

With that many viewers? No, its just not possible. Most you can hope for if you have the option, is a sub only mode basically, or maybe make a bot script that autobans everyone that comes in.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

ayb posted:

I really don't understand how people can get upset over people acting like retards on the internet. Why even look at chat if you're so sensitive, or at least put it in slow mode and subscriber only

Some people want the ability to communicate with viewers and the community and get super disappointed and frustrated when idiots come in to troll and ruin everything like it is their damned job.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

beep by grandpa posted:

I haven't watched his streams much since AGDQ, but Funkdoc had an excellent chat for a while. No idea if that's still the case.

Jakuvious
Mar 15, 2011

Stealth mode

King of Solomon posted:

I haven't watched his streams much since AGDQ, but Funkdoc had an excellent chat for a while. No idea if that's still the case.

It is, but he doesn't get the kind of viewers that make it a problem.

In speedrunning chats, pretty much all streams under 1500 viewers or so tend to do fine, assuming the streamer WANTS it to do fine. Getting above that, even relatively nice chats can go to hell very quickly if a nice joke gets turned into something less than nice, which on Twitch is not too uncommon. That said, I've never noticed Krystal to give a poo poo, though I didn't see exactly what happened tonight.

End of Life Guy posted:

If you went to bed after Kryssstal's first WR, you went too early.
She did it again. Back to back world records.
1:24:15

Called it.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

CVagts posted:

I was exaggerating. But she did seem upset about the chat, with good reason. Hopefully it straightens itself out, one way or another. She's an excellent streamer who deserves viewers.

She's had poo poo like this before. That's why she doesn't stream with a mic, because then people would be creeping on her about her voice - according to a source who knows her, at least.

Yeah, I have no idea why twitch chats freak out at the idea of a biological female speedrunner. Gamers, man.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

beep by grandpa posted:

There's no such thing as "over-policed" in a chat with more than 500 viewers morons. Unless you're chessnetwork, at that point you need moobot on the harshest settings and half a dozen of active, mercyless moderators with itchy timeout/ban fingers to weed out all the creepy, horrible assholes.

I only had krystall's chat open for 30 seconds, but i saw maybe 10 "requests" for photos in various states of undress while the mod team was apparently a drunk clique pulling in-jokes with the creeps. It takes effort to have a random chat sample like that be significantly worse than LoL or CoD streams out there. :smith:

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 1, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gamma Nerd posted:

She's had poo poo like this before. That's why she doesn't stream with a mic, because then people would be creeping on her about her voice - according to a source who knows her, at least.

Yeah, I have no idea why twitch chats freak out at the idea of a biological female speedrunner. Gamers, man.

Twitch chats freak out all the time over women, even for things like "cameraman for Starcraft 2 tournament happens to focus on a female member of the audience for a split second" or "female announcer interviews League of Legends player" or "woman walks by the camera in a fighting game tournament." It doesn't matter what they're doing, at all. And if it's that bad for extremely minor glimpses of women like that, imagine how it gets when you have a stream that is actually being run by a *~real life girl~*. The speedrunning part has nothing to do with it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Alteisen posted:

There where some folks on 4chans speedrunning general calling her a bitch, saying she planned it to :airquote: steal viewers :airquote: from their marathon, wouldn't surprise me if some of the dumbasses there acted extra creepy cause of that.
Maybe, but even SRG was freaking out over how bad her chat was. Adam's chat is bad, this was just garbage

Gamma Nerd posted:

What's really annoying is people asking if she's trans or not and it comes down to "who gives a gently caress"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Studio posted:

Maybe, but even SRG was freaking out over how bad her chat was. Adam's chat is bad, this was just garbage

Most gaming communities on the internet really are a sight to be seen. I helped my friend host a stream at a Halo LAN party we threw for part of his final project in digital broadcasting. After his professor tuned out we got the brilliant idea to put the couple girls that were playing on the POV TV and hook them up with mics. That chat room of no more than 30 people at a time had some of the most creative sexual things I've seen outside of DeviantArt Journal entries. Of course the party itself was a smaller version, with every guy there fawning over the one single chick who was there. Good times, good times.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Mmmmm that 36:04 glover WR. This is what you get for leaving studio, the first? run after you left, I got it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I just checked back in on the SRG Marathon and drat, they've made like $2k in the last 4-5 hours of the graveyard shift compared to the $1k before it. That's strong work from the night crew.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Studio posted:

What's really annoying is people asking if she's trans or not and it comes down to "who gives a gently caress"

What it should come down to is "Why are we [Them] even asking these stupid loving things." I swear watching the twitch chat is like watching newly discovered cavemen adapt to things they've never seen in their life.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This discussion is incredible, Werster and 2 black guys debating the relative merits of titties versus asses while Shadow the Hedgehog gets played with a cam pointed at the runner's anime girl dolls.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
He's loving singing along, this is amazing.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Unless you're chessnetwork, at that point you need moobot on the harshest settings and half a dozen of active, mercyless moderators with itchy timeout/ban fingers to weed out all the creepy, horrible assholes.
:ssh: You can register new twitch names over and over again without impunity, so there is literally no way to punish dedicated trolls.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Not Dave posted:

:ssh: You can register new twitch names over and over again without impunity, so there is literally no way to punish dedicated trolls.
Of course, and there's ways to circumvent any kind of ban, the idea is that it takes the rear end in a top hat some effort and time to reconnect, while the mod has to click exactly once.
This is a bit off-topic though, i'll just stick to hiding the chat on larger channels and some genius at twitch has made it trivially easy.

On smaller channels (with the runner actually being able to engage and maintain a conversation) it's brilliant though.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 1, 2013

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What the gently caress, is he seriously going to play Pokemon for the next 5 hours? :wth:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Everyone's favorite Boshy runner is at it again!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Kirkq is doing a 24 hour stream of his own: http://www.twitch.tv/kirkq
code:
All times in U.S. Eastern Daylight Time

11:00 AM: Quest 64 (JP) 100% WR Attempt
01:30 PM: Bomberman 64: The Second Attack Bad Ending WR Attempt
03:00 PM: Bomberman Hero 100% WR Attempt (Race with neskamikaze)
05:45 PM: Food Break while starting up races.
06:00 PM: Pokemon Puzzle League Very Hard (SRL race, be sure to join up!)
07:00 PM: Blast Corps any% (SRL race, be sure to join up!)
08:00 PM: Nanaca Crash: 2x Over 9000 Race (SRL race, join up if you're a true Nanaca Crasher!)
09:00 PM: Bomberman 64: The Second Attack Good Ending Speedrun
10:30 PM: Bomberman Hero any% Speedrun
11:30 PM: Food Break?
11:45 PM: 20% of Superman 64 Speedrun at 20% screen resolution
12:30 AM: SFC Magical Pop'n any% Speedrun
01:30 AM: NES Die Hard Speedruns (multiple categories)
02:00 AM: Quest 64 (US) 100% WR Attempt
05:00 AM: Quest 64 (JP) any% WR Attempts until 11 AM
11:00 AM: Sleep

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chatrooms with hundreds of internet strangers with no personal accountability and basically no barrier to entry are bound to be lovely. It's still baffling how misogynistic people will act. The amusement they presumably get comes from the reactions people make to it so it's best not to engage.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The SRG Pokemon run crashes and burns. He's talking about just cutting it off.

New link since it has been a couple of pages: http://www.twitch.tv/srgmarathon

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Mr. K & Hurblat are doing co-op Contra 3 right now. This is not to be missed!

http://www.twitch.tv/hurblat

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Finally finished a speedrun of The Swapper. Ended with 49:15, wasted 4 minutes when I forgot a solution and lots of other silly mistakes. Quality is bad as I had the bitrate set too low and lots of other terrible things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dks_HyELAX4

:effort:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope they make a clip of Peaches playing Prayer Warriors on SRG, because that was certainly something to see.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
http://www.twitch.tv/heeheex2/c/2365406

wow another glover wr, on another trash run. This game is too easy to pb in :(

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Is there a way to completely hard-disable chat for ones channel on twitch, so that it doesn't even make an IRC channel at all?
It is definitely possible. This http://www.twitch.tv/scglive stream does it somehow.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Miles just got a :56 in Metroid Prime thanks to great luck on the final boss.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Huge props to Miles for continuing his attempts for :56 far past the limits of his sanity.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
That's awesome- I've been watching him go for that constantly. He put a TON of effort into getting that 0:56, he deserves it. It's good to see him get off the Frigate, let alone finish a run!

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Those splits are ridiculous. Going to be a good watch.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Pie and 2dos are 15.5 hours into their Pokemon Red and Blue co-op "Catch 'em all!" run: http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie

Edit: 19 hours hype! Just Scyther and Tauros (and a few trades) to go!

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jun 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Pie and 2dos are 15.5 hours into their Pokemon Red and Blue co-op "Catch 'em all!" run: http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie

Edit: 19 hours hype! Just Scyther and Tauros (and a few trades) to go!

It's great because Scyther and Tauros are such massive shits. Scyther got in the ball but Tauros is being awful.

I really wish I'd watched more of this!

• Locked thread