Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kedian
Jul 25, 2007
Rawr!!
Hopped on the alt bandwagon and could use an invite for my defiler cleric who is proving to be far more fun than my rogue: Kados
Many thanks, and also a slice of cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kedian posted:

Hopped on the alt bandwagon and could use an invite for my defiler cleric who is proving to be far more fun than my rogue: Kados
Many thanks, and also a slice of cheese.

The thing with defiler is you never run more than one in a raid but it's a really good spec to know how to play!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kyrosiris posted:

Someone in the patch note thread mentioned FIFTY NEW MACRO SLOTS. This is the best day ever.

Now if only it was possible to import a file or something. I loving hate scrolling that long list.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

Now if only it was possible to import a file or something. I loving hate scrolling that long list.

They're stored server-side so this is probably not a thing that will happen.

Don't really see the need for more macros, now that macro-only builds are gone.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Psh, Just use descriptive icons. I mean, for starters, all my macros are called New Macro and I have ZERO PROBLEMS picking them. (Disregarding the times when I hit the wrong target macro obviously)

Seriously trion give us more macro icons I'm sick of using apple potion or root for everything.

It would really make more sense to unlock more macro slots with more role slots or just have unlimited macros, really.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

deimos posted:

Don't really see the need for more macros, now that macro-only builds are gone.

Must not heal very much.

So many mouseoverui macros... :negative:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Must not heal very much.

So many mouseoverui macros... :negative:

Maybe for a mage healer.

I only have like three macros for purifier and two for defiler and one for warden. And that's including res macros.

Most of my macros are target macros and for those I stack as many things into one macro as possible across different fights.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Zoness posted:

Psh, Just use descriptive icons. I mean, for starters, all my macros are called New Macro and I have ZERO PROBLEMS picking them. (Disregarding the times when I hit the wrong target macro obviously)

Seriously trion give us more macro icons I'm sick of using apple potion or root for everything.

It would really make more sense to unlock more macro slots with more role slots or just have unlimited macros, really.

Just make the first line of the macro
#show Skill Name
And pick a skill that describes the macro.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Maybe for a mage healer.

I only have like three macros for purifier and two for defiler and one for warden. And that's including res macros.

I mouseoverui most of my healing spells v0v.

quote:

Most of my macros are target macros and for those I stack as many things into one macro as possible across different fights.

First time I did a Kain macro (ran without one for the first few times then missed the taunt on the 2nd add in the first phase twice in a row when running two cleric tanks) I did it the wrong way around, GUESS WHAT DIDN'T GET TAUNTED.

Hectaizani
Jun 28, 2011
May I please have an invite for my alt: Hyontoia

(My main in the guild is Basadhiyra)

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
:siren: Rift is free to play through June 3rd for anyone that owns it already :siren:

edit: invites caught up, up to here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 1, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

Psh, Just use descriptive icons.

I don't have issues picking out the right macro. I just have issues when I want to go through and clean up macros. Although it's probably not an issue so much with the additional macro slots.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Because RIFT is opening up their game for a few days, I would like an invite to the guild. My name is Belos.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So in order to get people buying and testing out cash shop stuff, if you buy credits on the PTS, any credits that you spend will be given back at 150-200% when F2P goes live. They won't say how much it takes to get the 200%, but 150% is still pretty good.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Just got Hellbug mount today..only took 3 rifts total! :smug:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

So in order to get people buying and testing out cash shop stuff, if you buy credits on the PTS, any credits that you spend will be given back at 150-200% when F2P goes live. They won't say how much it takes to get the 200%, but 150% is still pretty good.

That's pretty drat good. I might have to setup the PTS client just for that.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Obscurity posted:

Just got Hellbug mount today..only took 3 rifts total! :smug:

That sounds about average for the crappiest of the hellbug mounts.

Deoxygenerate
May 7, 2007
Could I get invites for Nicallah and Theycallmestacey. Much appreciated.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Played for a couple months after launch and looking at coming back.

Which tank soul has the highest skill cap and/or the most active mitigation? I'm ideally looking for something like the DK from WoW that's kind of squishy on its own but has tons of survival cooldowns and cheap tricks to avoid damage.

nicehook
Dec 5, 2011
Would like an invite to goon guild. Character name is "Wrent".

Thanks!

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Thoom posted:

Played for a couple months after launch and looking at coming back.

Which tank soul has the highest skill cap and/or the most active mitigation? I'm ideally looking for something like the DK from WoW that's kind of squishy on its own but has tons of survival cooldowns and cheap tricks to avoid damage.

riftstalker (rogue). you won't find a tank class with as much healing as a blood dk, but rogues have the most active mit/are the most cooldown and mobility based tanks.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Cool, thanks!

That works out especially well for me since rogue is the one calling I didn't spend too much time with last go around.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
How intensive is the new content, computer-wise, compared to the old? I was able to do a zone event in the fire island when I was 50 but when a zone boss popped up in one of the starter areas of the new zone my frame rate dropped below 1 FPS, I was actually afraid my computer froze.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

PTS Store test details:

quote:

Good morning Ascended!

We're now less than two weeks away from the release of RIFT 2.3: Empyreal Assault & Free-to-Play.

It's an exciting time in Telara and we need your help to make sure that the all-new RIFT Store is top notch and ready to go on June 12!

Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept It:

First - this test is entirely optional, we welcome anyone to help but don't feel like you HAVE to use the store. You'll have plenty of time to check it out too - this test will run all the way to June 11, that's the day before Free-to-Play Launches.

Now, about the test!

At 5:00PM Pacific Time (12:00AM GMT) today, 5/31 we will be enabling purchases on the RIFT Store.

You will be able to purchase Credits and use those Credits to purchase any of the items available on the store. Any credits you SPEND will be reimbursed to your RIFT Store Wallet on June 12 with an additional 50-100% BONUS credits.

Credits that are not spent will remain in your Wallet & can be used on live after the release of RIFT Free-to-Play.

The Details:
To access the in-game store press the shopping cart button on the menu bar or press ']' (default)
The actual bonus amount will be at least 50% - up to 100% depending on the amount of Credits you spend.
This means you will be reimbursed 150-200% of your total Credits spent on June 12.
The items you purchase on PTS are not transferable - that's why we're giving you the Reimbursement + Bonus!
You must have a valid form of payment associated with your account. If you're currently a subscriber who uses a credit/debit card, PayPal or another offered payment service you're good to go!
PTS is being updated & will remain locked until we're ready to begin testing the RIFT Store
Currently, REX is not available for sale during this test

Thanks for your help - please feel free to post any questions or feedback below & learn more about RIFT Free-to-Play @ https://www.riftgame.com/free!

KNOWN ISSUES

- Players outside of the United States may be unable to purchase credits at this time.
- Featured Items cannot be purchased from the RIFT Store front page
- To add a payment method you will need to go to https://rift.trionworlds.com at this time.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
So I have the original game.. Do I have to buy any expansion pack in order to play the free weekend that is going on now or can I install and start playing?

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Zoness posted:

Such as the SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 1, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 2, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 3, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 4, SHUT UP ZONESS TRUCK MACRO 5 ... had to delete those for more mace :cry:
Edit: I used the beloved granny smith apple

Also, there was a bug on the PTS regarding REX and Loyalty transactions by buying patron day passes: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/360932-patron-pass-bug.html#post4268560 which basically was: "Buy sub time for loyalty and the like, get a ton of loyal points way more than what was intended to transcend to the highest tiers of rewards" Trion got on that fast and are fixing it, this is what makes their dev team so good. Find a big bug like this, get to working on it fast. Especially since people are using their real money for funbux now, priority will be on this stuff I do believe! :toot:

lsp fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 1, 2013

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

fyallm posted:

So I have the original game.. Do I have to buy any expansion pack in order to play the free weekend that is going on now or can I install and start playing?

The way I read it, just have to own rift (i.e. be a former subscriber?)

Install it, do the raptr thing ( http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-storm-legion ), play 9 hours and get expansion code (but not 30 days playtime I think) for free

edit: maybe if you log into your account on their website it would tell you, not sure there either

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 1, 2013

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

deimos posted:

That sounds about average for the crappiest of the hellbug mounts.

OH..what? There are multiple mounts you can get? FML :( I got the green titled one so I guess you're right.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Ok I need some help I have a darkling skull with some set bonuses from hk gear at what point should I say gently caress it and start switching my gear out.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

You'll have it all replaced with quest/drop gear by level 54-55. I ignored set bonuses and just replaced each piece of gear as I got upgrades.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Wow, the game really improved since the last time I played it! All these changes.

I tried to make a 2h cleric tank build, can someone who actually knows poo poo about this game look at it, please? I forgot pretty much everything during the long break, I hope it's not too horrible.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Obscurity posted:

OH..what? There are multiple mounts you can get? FML :( I got the green titled one so I guess you're right.

Oh, you got the mount that is for peasants. I mean, I guess it's ok.

Also here is a video showing off the new loyalty dimensions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qANQtI7eZfg

gorkus
Oct 19, 2004
I would also like an invite to the goon guild - character name "Gorkus".

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

RottenK posted:

Wow, the game really improved since the last time I played it! All these changes.

I tried to make a 2h cleric tank build, can someone who actually knows poo poo about this game look at it, please? I forgot pretty much everything during the long break, I hope it's not too horrible.

Just use the regular tanking build with a 2h, stop trying to make poo poo up, every point in defiler there is p much useless. If grief blight were MUCH lower on the root defiler might be worth it for a quirky tanking build (or if you had gone 12pts for a cleanse I guess), but it isn't and so it's basically trash, spend points in inquisitor or cabalist.

looksbothways
Aug 9, 2012
Would love an invite. Character: Malyara

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Does the game slow down in the 30s or is it just me? Also I mage healed with chloro and hated it. I will likely just come up with excuses not to heal as I go :/

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Obscurity posted:

Does the game slow down in the 30s or is it just me? Also I mage healed with chloro and hated it. I will likely just come up with excuses not to heal as I go :/

Leveling slows down a bit but not really a whole lot, until you get to SL and the usual expansion level crawl hits.

Chloro healing pre-50 can also be incredibly painful since you're missing Void Life, which makes single-target healing so much easier than spamming Vile Spores. Once you get that it gets a lot better, so I'd suggest giving it another try then.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd forgotten how much fun leveling in this game is, which is good because I can almost never make raids.

I mean, not like PvE leveling or anything because Stonefield UUUGGHHHH. I enjoy how you can run dungeons over and over again with totally different builds and it's a totally different game. Rogue is fun for that so far, but at what point does it become necessary to do something other than running up to things and spitting fire all over them, all the while getting healed by literally everything I do?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
e: nevermind

Arivia fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
Right now my biggest problem is deciding on getting my Mage to 60 or switching to Rogue. I'd like the ability to tank, can Rogues do that well at endgame? I have so many mounts, titles, pets and fluff items on my Mage though I don't want to just lose them all in favor of a Rogue but drat if I don't have so much more fun with my Rogue. I don't really like pure casters, I like the Necro and Harbringer most, are those viable in raids? Last time I raided everyone told me to do Storm/Pyro (I can't remember the exact specs) and I just hated it. If we just had account-wide mounts and pets I probably wouldn't be so torn.

• Locked thread