Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

ihatepants posted:

Is there any way to block a person from calling/texting me? I keep getting calls and texts from a crazy person and want a way to prevent them from contacting me.

iBlacklist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I will check it out. Thank you.

Edit: I ended up using SMS Ninja instead, because it's free. It's not as polished looking, but it also works as intended.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 30, 2013

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Oy. I just installed Flaticons and I can't seem to figure out how to change the weather lock screen from Celsius to Fahrenheit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

obi_ant posted:

Oy. I just installed Flaticons and I can't seem to figure out how to change the weather lock screen from Celsius to Fahrenheit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Use iFile, open /var/stash/Themes and find FlatLSip5 or whichever lock screen you're using. Edit the lines of HTML 1/3 down the sheet for location and change iscelcius to false.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is there an obvious method I'm missing to take a mp3 from my Macbook and get it on my phone without iTunes?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
Dropbox?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Vegastar posted:

Use iFile, open /var/stash/Themes and find FlatLSip5 or whichever lock screen you're using. Edit the lines of HTML 1/3 down the sheet for location and change iscelcius to false.

Thanks! This worked perfectly!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I already had the files and was didn't have the ability to re up and download it. Ended up using iFile.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.
Anyone else have issues with NCsettings and the wifi toggle randomly not working? It happens to me all the time where tapping it changes the color from off to on or on to off but it doesn't actually enable/disable wifi.

A respring fixes it but I can't be the only one with this issue?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

dutchbstrd posted:

Anyone else have issues with NCsettings and the wifi toggle randomly not working? It happens to me all the time where tapping it changes the color from off to on or on to off but it doesn't actually enable/disable wifi.

I've had this problem intermittently the past month or so and have just used a respring to work around it. It would be nice if it didn't happen though, but its infrequent enough to not be a big deal.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

dutchbstrd posted:

Yeah, it happens pretty much always for me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Auxo does that to me as well every now and then.

Economic Sinkhole
Mar 14, 2002
Pillbug
I just saw an article that claims Facebook is not allowing iOS to suspend it normally, causing a drain on the battery. Does anyone know of a tweak to kill the Facebook app every time it is closed?

Edit: link to article: http://blog.hagga.net/archives/iphone-ipod-touch/3805-facebook-app-is-draining-your-iphones-battery

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Economic Sinkhole posted:

I just saw an article that claims Facebook is not allowing iOS to suspend it normally, causing a drain on the battery. Does anyone know of a tweak to kill the Facebook app every time it is closed?

Edit: link to article: http://blog.hagga.net/archives/iphone-ipod-touch/3805-facebook-app-is-draining-your-iphones-battery

Comment in your link:

If you have a jailbroken iPhone/iPod, you can install Background Manager from Cydia and set certain apps to have backgrounding blocked.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I currently have my phone passlocked and it seems that you can still gain access to the photo roll using BiteSMS as a picture attachment. Anyway to block this?

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Settings->Privacy->Photos and turn off biteSMS?

E: actually that doesn't work but you can go to biteSMS settings, privacy, and disable the photo menu from quick reply from the lock screen.

dutchbstrd fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 1, 2013

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

dutchbstrd posted:

Settings->Privacy->Photos and turn off biteSMS?

E: actually that doesn't work but you can go to biteSMS settings, privacy, and disable the photo menu from quick reply from the lock screen.

Yeah, but I wouldn't be able to text photos to people?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

obi_ant posted:

Yeah, but I wouldn't be able to text photos to people?
You could still do it from within the app. You'd just remove the option from the quick reply window.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
And only from the lock screen.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
One of the newer options in the most recent BiteSMS updates is that you can set a passcode lock to answer or initiate a text. Try that!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Edit: Nevermind

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 2, 2013

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Might give this a shot again. Anyone know how much space the NES or SNES stuff takes up?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Might give this a shot again. Anyone know how much space the NES or SNES stuff takes up?

actionjackson posted:

:
The games take up less than 1-2 mb often.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Thanks. I have 6.1.3 but since I have an A4 processor (iPhone 4) I can still jailbreak, correct?

edit: looks like I have to downgrade to 6.1.2 first. Is this the easiest way?

http://www.unlockboot.com/2013/03/downgrade-from-ios-613-to-ios-612.html

edit2: It looks like it's too late for me to do anything since I never saved any 6.1.2 info. Redsnow said the window was closed when I loaded the 6.1.2 ipsw file, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 2, 2013

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
So my 4S is on 5.0.1. I can't upgrade to iOS6 and jailbreak at this point, can I? Damnit.

I want to play Zombies Run, and the only thing I really use is BiteSMS and SBSettings. SBsettings I can live without, but BiteSMS is pretty amazing as far as replying instantly from wherever I am. Did they ever allow that in iOS6? Should I just stick with 5.0.1 for now? Edit: Or I CAN go to 6.1.3, but I have to do a tethered jailbreak? Hrm.

Dohaeris fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 2, 2013

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Dohaeris posted:

So my 4S is on 5.0.1. I can't upgrade to iOS6 and jailbreak at this point, can I? Damnit.

Nope, you're stuck until iOS 7.

actionjackson posted:

Thanks. I have 6.1.3 but since I have an A4 processor (iPhone 4) I can still jailbreak, correct?

edit: looks like I have to downgrade to 6.1.2 first. Is this the easiest way?

http://www.unlockboot.com/2013/03/downgrade-from-ios-613-to-ios-612.html

If you have any SHSH blobs saved, you can downgrade to whatever OS version you have saved then jailbreak from there (if that version is jb-able). If you've never saved any SHSH blobs, you're stuck until iOS 7 too.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Is there any sort of tweak to make my phone register as iOS 6 or a way to make zombies, run! Work on iOS 5?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

onoflalks posted:

Nope, you're stuck until iOS 7.

If you have any SHSH blobs saved, you can downgrade to whatever OS version you have saved then jailbreak from there (if that version is jb-able). If you've never saved any SHSH blobs, you're stuck until iOS 7 too.

There's not going to be any new 6.1.x versions or jailbreaks for those versions?

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

actionjackson posted:

There's not going to be any new 6.1.x versions or jailbreaks for those versions?

Nope to jailbreak until ios7.

Can we put that in the OP in bold? At least until 7 drops.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Dohaeris posted:

Is there any sort of tweak to make my phone register as iOS 6 or a way to make zombies, run! Work on iOS 5?
There's FWchanger and some others but I don't know if they work for Zombies, Run! or cause other problems.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe I should just sell my iPhone 4 - it's unlocked, not sure how much I can get for it. I'm just getting really tired of the lack of control we have over our own devices. Even now, I'll have to wait a few months and go through the various hoops when I could just get an Android phone instead.

Speaking of which, how much do you think I could get for an iPhone 4 (16GB) that's unlocked?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

actionjackson posted:

Maybe I should just sell my iPhone 4 - it's unlocked, not sure how much I can get for it. I'm just getting really tired of the lack of control we have over our own devices. Even now, I'll have to wait a few months and go through the various hoops when I could just get an Android phone instead.

Speaking of which, how much do you think I could get for an iPhone 4 (16GB) that's unlocked?
$175

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

actionjackson posted:

I got $114 last week for an iPhone 4 8gb in like-new condition, not unlocked, from Gamestop. They're notorious for poor trade-in values, so the thing is still worth something.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is there a tweak where I can make the portrait-lock button a lock-in-this-orientation button? Like if I am playing a game landscape and laying on my side, I don't want it to change back to portrait, but there's only an option for locking to portrait by default.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Is there a tweak where I can make the portrait-lock button a lock-in-this-orientation button? Like if I am playing a game landscape and laying on my side, I don't want it to change back to portrait, but there's only an option for locking to portrait by default.

Switcherland or SBRotator for iPhone.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Is there any way to stop certain apps from caching so god damned much data and filling up my storage? Vine and Instagram are the most egregious, hoarding about 600mb each, but many others like Tumblr are 12mb apps that are weighed down with upwards of 100mb of useless poo poo. I know I can periodically clean that poo poo out but I want to stop it from happening in the first place. It's especially annoying since many of those cleaning programs also kill all login data, so I have to log back in to everything afterwards.

I should note that I don't even post anything on any of these apps, it's not like I'm creating all that data myself, they just cache everything that comes in.

edit whoops jailbreak thread. Well, whatever.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 3, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Same question but with photostreams.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Same question but with photostreams.

Fuckin photostream. I want all that poo poo ~*IN THE CLOUD*~ not hogging up my phone's storage. I cleared the photo stream on my computer, but the photo sream tab on my phone is still full of space hogging poo poo. I cleared that, then moved poo poo back into the photo stream on my computer, and nowwwwwwww it's full of poo poo on my phone again.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
Ok, so I downloaded Rearmed which is an Emulator and iFile and I am trying to figure out now how to put a drat Rom into var/mobile/documents but feel like a complete idiot because I don't understand how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Personally I just use iFunBox anytime I feel like putting stuff on my phone.

• Locked thread