Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

maxnmona posted:

If you don't like it, you don't like it. But if you're on the fence, seeing them do it live might tip you over to the positive side: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMDcG3zAEI
I tend to like progressive rock, and Hella seems all right. I should probably get the whole album, that tends to work better for this sort of music than just a single song (in the middle of a talky radio show, no less).

You folks have gotten me into a bunch of music I wouldn't have discovered otherwise, so cheers. Wish I was in NYC for the party, I don't suppose there's anything either of you are involved in happening there during the second half of August?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
All hail the Brownstone Spire!

It got me out of a heck jam with my incorporeal neighbors.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
Oh my god, I'm loving the new episode, the children's corner segment is already one of my favorite moments in the show!

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.
Echoing the love for the children's corner. I get to occasionally do children's planetarium shows at work, I can't wait to slip the phrase "dead eyed sigils of our own failures against distance and mortality" into my coverage of nearby stars.

And as an NPR listener, the radio show to "Wait Wait, Don't, No, Don't, Please Don't" sounds like a lot of fun.

I've had about a 50/50 like/dislike relationship with the weather. I never regret listening to it though. It's introduced some really cool stuff to my playlists.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

I'm on a road trip with my wife.and I've been listening to the show since the beginning. One of the earlier episodes starts with "rabbits aren't what they seem" or something similar. Will this be addressed? She is very concerned about what rabbit might actually be.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Kowak posted:

I'm on a road trip with my wife.and I've been listening to the show since the beginning. One of the earlier episodes starts with "rabbits aren't what they seem" or something similar. Will this be addressed? She is very concerned about what rabbit might actually be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCf-oiIbVnw

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Kowak posted:

She is right to be concerned.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Kowak posted:

You could always ask the Night Vale twitter account, they cleared up the whole Wednesday being canceled thing. I was able to move on with my life now that I know hump days are back in rotation.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I just discovered Welcome to Night Vale and started making all my friends listen to it, especially stoned couch crashers. Everyone across the board has loved it. Because of this, I've heard "These & More Than These" like six or seven times over the past couple months. Any way I can buy an MP3 of that song? It's making me crazy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Look Under The Rock posted:

I just discovered Welcome to Night Vale and started making all my friends listen to it, especially stoned couch crashers. Everyone across the board has loved it. Because of this, I've heard "These & More Than These" like six or seven times over the past couple months. Any way I can buy an MP3 of that song? It's making me crazy.

I'm still trying to find a working version of Aye by Dio. Diomusic.nl doesn't exist anymore, as far as I can tell.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Look Under The Rock posted:

Yeah, I would never force you to pay for that thing. Here it is though https://soundcloud.com/planetoffinks/these-and-more-than-these

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Last episode had the best weather yet.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

cheapandugly posted:

Last episode had the best weather yet.
loving truth right here, it was AMAZING.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

There's been a venue change for the Night Vale Anniversary Party next week. It's now at the East Village Social: https://www.facebook.com/events/468084489938561

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
This is pretty much the greatest podcast to ever exist.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Hey the Night Vale Anniversary Party is tomorrow in NYC. The venue is now East Village Social. We'll be doing Ep 25 LIVE and A FEW DAYS EARLY and also there will be a BAR and also AIR TO BREATHE. https://www.facebook.com/events/468084489938561

edit: venue change is canceled. We're back at Webster Hall.

maxnmona fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 10, 2013

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

I take it back. We were able to move the party back to Webster Hall. The venue is once again Webster Hall. We apologize for the confusion, and for all confusion, and for everything else.

https://www.facebook.com/events/468084489938561

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

This is someone's contribution to the Nintendo 3DS game Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Thought you guys might appreciate it (not my creation).

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

iostream.h posted:

This is someone's contribution to the Nintendo 3DS game Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Thought you guys might appreciate it (not my creation).

I saw that. Also apparently someone made their town tune the theme? I dunno. Y'all have fun and be safe out there.

TONIGHT: Night Vale Anniversary Party at Webster Hall in NYC. BE THERE. OR DON'T BE IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT. BUT IT'LL BE FUN IF YOU CAN. https://www.facebook.com/events/468084489938561/

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You only specifically mentioned not replacing with EXACT body doubles. Are you going to replace everybody with imperfect copies? :tinfoil:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

OWLS! posted:

You only specifically mentioned not replacing with EXACT body doubles. Are you going to replace everybody with imperfect copies? :tinfoil:

Are you saying they would settle with anything but perfect highest quality doubles for their fans?

Steve Carlsberg account spotted. :colbert:

Wraithson
Sep 8, 2011
Steve Carlsbeeerg! :mad:

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

MariusLecter posted:

Are you saying they would settle with anything but perfect highest quality doubles for their fans?

Steve Carlsberg account spotted. :colbert:

No body double is perfect, they become perfect when you accept them for what they are.

Cheng Pu
Aug 12, 2005
Poe Theed
Clever Betty
Awesome show! Hard to believe it's been a year. I'd hate to spoil but it was quite :smith:. Even if he was an rear end in a top hat.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

maxnmona posted:

Hey the Night Vale Anniversary Party is tomorrow in NYC. The venue is now East Village Social. We'll be doing Ep 25 LIVE and A FEW DAYS EARLY and also there will be a BAR and also AIR TO BREATHE. https://www.facebook.com/events/468084489938561

edit: venue change is canceled. We're back at Webster Hall.

It's a little late to ask this I suppose, but: How much for the air?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Thanks for everyone who came. It was an amazing night and there was a whole lot of you, which was exciting. I hope you had as good a time as I did.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Carlos :ohdear:

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Jeremy's birthday party :ohdear:

A great episode, as always. Congratulations on your anniversary!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yo this death is all kinds of bullshit. Y'all just killed the best character. The best. I'm quitting this podcast and never coming back. Not until July anyway.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I was legitimately horrified and saddened when Cecil announced the news about Carlos. That's the true mark of a well written story.

Wki
Dec 12, 2012

Emily's sassy lime.
Cigar? Toss it in a can. It is so tragic.
Pull up, Eva, we're here! Wave! Pull up!
Just started listening to this podcast and am currently loving it!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, this episode was an emotional roller coaster. But the ending was so :3:.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Told you guys this on Twitter, but wanna reiterate it here: You guys are a constant creative inspiration to me this past year. You make me want to get off my lazy rear end and MAKE something.

This anniversary episode was something special and I straight up cried like twice. Nightvale has been there for me at some of my darkest moments this year. You guys always knew what to say, always knew how to explain the world in an illuminating way. I too now understand the lights, but I'm so glad there's so much I don't yet understand.

Also, drat that Cecil is amazing, ain't he? What an immense talent.

Jerkules
Jun 29, 2007
Not as flexible as Gumbercules.
I have to say, this is a great podcast.

It has a unique, creative, and very interesting concept. Its delivery is great both in the delivery of that concept as well as its narration. The whole theme and atmosphere seems to be representative of a mindset so bizarre that I can't imagine writing it without realigning my whole way of thinking as to properly misalign with normal logic, and thus delving in. Its exceptionally well written, clearly well thought out, witty, funny, and an all around awesome thing to see pop up on your podcast download list.

Great job, love it

edit- I wanted to add, I've been listening to the podcast on a number of occasions and realized how smart you guys are

Jerkules fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 17, 2013

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
The composition, the humble eagerness and emotive nuances of Cecil, the great truths that were revealed to us, and then shrouded again (most likely by the glow cloud, or some tendril thereof), all of this has come together so beautifully.

It is hard to drive to work when Cecil is pouring his soul into your ear holes and it immediately flows out of your tear ducts.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Thanks everyone. I'm very glad you enjoyed it. We worked hard on making the anniversary episode special.

Few things:

I'm teaching a class on podcasting in Brooklyn. There are currently two 3-week sections, one starting June 29 and the other on July 23. I spending a lot of time preparing for this, and it should be a very helpful class if you have any interest in getting into the whole podcasting thing yourself. https://3rdward.com/class/podcasting/1640#/section/5897

Also we have some podcast and radio interviews coming up. More info on those soon.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I love the market-testing for new NRA slogans this week. Cecil is as always pitch-perfect with his delivery. I got a lot of looks when I started giggling about the immortal souls temporarily living in shelters of earth and meat.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
This episode was wonderful. Every episode has pretty consistently amazed me but this one was definitely something special.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Any chance there will something online to come out of that podcasting class? I'm interested in it but I don't live in New York and there's probably a lot of folk in a similar position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

If people seem interested in it, then yes, I might expand it into an online thing and/or an ebook. We'll see how it goes. I don't really know if there is much demand for this kind of thing.