Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
So I started playing Lobo for shits and giggles, and man he is awesome. Don't know why everybody's hating.

He actually is pretty terrible, but I find that he forces me to play properly, so I think it's a good thing. Won 5 of 5 matches with him aww yeah!

My best combo so far is j2, b2u1 112 xx db2 mb, which comes out to like 35% or something and it's easy as heck to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Here's the tier chart if you're playing against me.

Unless you play Grundy or Sinestro, then things get weird.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Here's my lovely Catwoman matchup chart since we're all misusing this site http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/inj...bkg-naGANNY%20G

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

gannyGrabber posted:

So I started playing Lobo for shits and giggles, and man he is awesome. Don't know why everybody's hating.

He actually is pretty terrible, but I find that he forces me to play properly, so I think it's a good thing. Won 5 of 5 matches with him aww yeah!

My best combo so far is j2, b2u1 112 xx db2 mb, which comes out to like 35% or something and it's easy as heck to do.

If you're not gonna meter burn then db3 is a better ender, leaves them close instead of across the screen, because across the screen is TERRIBLE for Lobo. Also being able to do is command grab reliably is really important cause he doesn't really have a mixup with his slow-rear end overheads and lows, unless you count 2,1 xx df1,d which only works with his trait loaded. Standing 3 is also really good, reaches far and fast, great for getting first hit meter. But yeah, Lobo is pretty much rear end.

On another note, what do the Batgirl players here do against a Aquaman that's traited up while in your bolas? Right now I just throw them, but theres got to be something better, right?

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Am I wrong for thinking that Aquaman's trait only affects that 1 hit? So, could you just do crouching jab (which would be blocked) and then start the mix-up with b2u3, or b12 immediately after?

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

sponsz posted:

On another note, what do the Batgirl players here do against a Aquaman that's traited up while in your bolas? Right now I just throw them, but theres got to be something better, right?

Pretty sure you could just sweep him. It should run the trait out and you're still point blank for a mixup.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Seymour Butts posted:

Am I wrong for thinking that Aquaman's trait only affects that 1 hit? So, could you just do crouching jab (which would be blocked) and then start the mix-up with b2u3, or b12 immediately after?

Aquaman's trait is weight that helps him fall out of combos for a set amount of time. I assume you meant someone else?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Anybody want to get an XBL goonroom up?

I was in the lab with Shazam a little while ago.

I learned that I really don't like playing Shazam.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
I'm finding that my character crisis in this game is really killing my motivation to ever play it and get better than terrible at it.

Someone should tell me who to play without knowing anything about me or what I like.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

checkstock posted:

I'm finding that my character crisis in this game is really killing my motivation to ever play it and get better than terrible at it.

Someone should tell me who to play without knowing anything about me or what I like.

I can't stop playing Grundy.

I keep going "Grundy sucks, I'm going to play somebody else" then I hate them and go back to Grundy.

So I guess try Grundy?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

checkstock posted:

I've got the exact same problem. What's really driving me nuts is that I've never had a character crisis this bad before either, especially with a new game. After a while I'll start loving around with new characters, but I've always had one to fall back on. So far, the only two characters I've liked a little bit are Hawkgirl and Bane, who are fun when I can get going but miserable otherwise.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

checkstock posted:

Just don't go from a character that you're a little good at to another one during a string of fights. I went to Hawkgirl after a couple of matches and ended up flying around and spazzing out the whole time.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I can't stop playing Grundy.

I keep going "Grundy sucks, I'm going to play somebody else" then I hate them and go back to Grundy.

So I guess try Grundy?

This is basically me. My thought process is something like this:

Man I love throwing people around but Grundy has problems getting in on decent people. Maybe I should go into practice and try out someone.
Oh hey, Lobo is rather fun. Let's give him a shotOH GOD WHERE'S MY ARMOR?! gently caress that, I'm going back to Grundy.
Huh, Joker is pretty fast. I might be able to work out something with him. Aaaaand I just sorta flailed around. Grundy it is then.
Maybe this guy......

Everybody I like is so bad. :smith:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

After playing more and watching a bunch of poo poo about Grundy, this is the one change I want for him.

Let him MB db1 immdiately, like when you do the input. The armor from MBing the move is the most important part, but as it is stands you can't hit the MB until the end of the wind up, so you'll be mashing db1 MB and get hit no matter what.

Also, I really want him to be able to MB df1 to spike the enemy and bounce them like f3 does, but I'm sure that's too much to ask for.

Edit: Oh yeah, I just got reminded of this. On stream somebody (I think TastySteve?) said that you can only clash Grundy's trait chain at the first hit or during the transitions.

Yeah, bullshit. You can clash at any hit in the chain. Literally any hit. You can clash out of the very last hit in any of the chains, or the one that is 1-2 before it (where the transition happened).

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 1, 2013

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
Managed to get a ton of hatemail tonight playing grundy. Apparently I am a grab spammer.

Also nearing the end of STAR Labs. Any tips on Black Adams final mission of getting an opponent to land a super?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rugpisser posted:

Managed to get a ton of hatemail tonight playing grundy. Apparently I am a grab spammer.

Also nearing the end of STAR Labs. Any tips on Black Adams final mission of getting an opponent to land a super?

Prayer. Usually what works for me is to get a big lead and they might counter with a super. Might.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I think that I'm decent with Lobo, Bane and GL but Grundy totally wrecks my poo poo. :v:

Any tips?

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
With Grundy there's a few things you have to watch out for. Corpse walk, or whatever the walk forward into grab is called, is one. It has like three hits of armor and the ex leaves you right next to him. You have to jump over this or get back really far, I don't think any of your dudes have anything that'll knock him out of it. MB Swamp hands will lead into a combo and hits low? so be careful during combos. His d2 is really, really good. It covers a wide area, and afterwards they can go into a full combo on hit, so be careful trying to jump in or do crossovers. If you are trying to grab him on wakeup he can MB trait throw, so if you think they're gonna do that you have to bait it and jump or something. I don't think he can punish Green Lantern's lift move at range, so that might be safe, but I'm not sure. Jump projectile should be a good move against him with GL. With Bane you can try to abuse venom armor moves? And Lobo is asssssss

ninja edit: Try GL gatling gun against him, that should beat his armor moves

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

sponsz posted:

With Grundy there's a few things you have to watch out for. Corpse walk, or whatever the walk forward into grab is called, is one. It has like three hits of armor and the ex leaves you right next to him. You have to jump over this or get back really far, I don't think any of your dudes have anything that'll knock him out of it. MB Swamp hands will lead into a combo and hits low? so be careful during combos. His d2 is really, really good. It covers a wide area, and afterwards they can go into a full combo on hit, so be careful trying to jump in or do crossovers. If you are trying to grab him on wakeup he can MB trait throw, so if you think they're gonna do that you have to bait it and jump or something. I don't think he can punish Green Lantern's lift move at range, so that might be safe, but I'm not sure. Jump projectile should be a good move against him with GL. With Bane you can try to abuse venom armor moves? And Lobo is asssssss

ninja edit: Try GL gatling gun against him, that should beat his armor moves

Not sure if it changed, but GL's Gatling Gun can stop Grundy's Super dead, if spammed. Also be careful using GL's Ring Slam, if Grundy can predict it, a Working Corpse is just bound to eat it with armor.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Does GL have any attacks that'll slip under Grundy's corpse walk? I know with Catwoman I can time a b3 right and during her crouch she'll actually be under the grab, which I assume hits mid. I suppose not a lot of characters have this option, though?

In my opinion the best way to beat Grundy is to get the first hit and run away. Yup, I'm that guy. So as GL, you can get yourself to far range, and if he tries to swamp hands just jump and smack him with a rocket. If you hit the corner, either jump over him or wait for him to try and jump-in and force lift him out of it.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
If anyone wants to grind out some games on xbox that'd be pretty alright.

E: Nevermind, have to leave now.

IronMcHardSteel fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 1, 2013

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
For anyone looking to see a good WW, this guy f0xy has the best WW I've seen yet:

http://www.twitch.tv/pjs_winning/b/410473892?t=12h46m34s

He blew up the lobby going something like 40-1. Not the best competition, but nice to see anyways.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003

checkstock posted:

Switch to Batgirl, she's awesome.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Switch to Catwoman, and J2 your way to glorious victory.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003

gannyGrabber posted:

Switch to Catwoman, and B3 your way to glorious victory.

Fixed!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

checkstock posted:

Switch to Flash, spam Lightning Charge all day, every day.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

checkstock posted:

Go with Ares and b2d4 and d1d4 to display your God-like powers.

Edit: Made my own chart

Unbound fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 1, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I ran into a guy named KAKAROT and gave him tips on how a clash is like taking a senzu bean, and how Lex Luthor is the only one with spirit bomb. I am a nerd.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

gannyGrabber posted:

I ran into a guy named KAKAROT and gave him tips on how a clash is like taking a senzu bean, and how Lex Luthor is the only one with spirit bomb. I am a nerd.

Cyborg has a Final Flash-ish supermove. Too bad they don't have a clash with this reference.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
If someone quits during my win animation before the XP shows up does that mean I loose it? That's been happening a lot today.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Pretty sure you still get the win, although I'm not sure about the XP points. Before the patch that was released a couple weeks ago it would count as a disconnect and a loss for you. I currently have about 60 disconnects even though I've never quit a match.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Equilibrium posted:

For anyone looking to see a good WW, this guy f0xy has the best WW I've seen yet:

http://www.twitch.tv/pjs_winning/b/410473892?t=12h46m34s

He blew up the lobby going something like 40-1. Not the best competition, but nice to see anyways.

yeah foxy grampas' wonder woman tech thread on test your might is really good and i would recommend for people wanting to pick her up. http://testyourmight.com/threads/afgs-ww-tech-info.30810/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Anyone interested on jumping in XBL to kick my rear end? :v:

GT Dark Tzitzimine

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Recorded a set between me and my bro Hologram Gootecks. He plays Ares. The sound is hosed up for the first game but then it gets better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF4L1mIO5vM

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

After playing more and watching a bunch of poo poo about Grundy, this is the one change I want for him.

Yeah, bullshit. You can clash at any hit in the chain. Literally any hit. You can clash out of the very last hit in any of the chains, or the one that is 1-2 before it (where the transition happened).
Well he wasn't totally wrong. The most recent patch made his trait grabs clashable later on in the chain rather than just the first. He doesn't really play the game, I think, so give him a break I say :shobon:

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMB2CIivAhM

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

I wish there was an appropriate image for me to post every time some janky NRS-level poo poo gets found in their games but instead all I can do is laugh.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Wha-why... why would you put this into a game :stare:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Wha-why... why would you put this into a game :stare:

They didn't put it in, it just IS in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

I remember talking to some MK guys before and they mentioned that MK9 had the same problems involving stance change and combos not working. Glad to see NRS is so consistent.

• Locked thread