Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Akbar posted:

Anyone have a link to the WNT game? I apparently don't get ESPN News.

http://www.ilive.to/view/50443/watch-live-USA_VS_CANADA_WOMENS_HD-streaming-channel-for-free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
^^^^ Thanks!

Schwarbage posted:

lol at bitter Canadian fans counting

tears taste good

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
This game is much less entertaining than the MNT game.

SpaceGirlArt
Mar 29, 2008

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I hate to say this guys, but Howard has looked/looks pretty poor in goal. I would rather Guzan start.

I thought Howard did great. He had some excellent saves. The goals he did let in were virtually impossible to stop by any keeper in the world. Those were all errors by a poor back four.

SpaceGirlArt fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 2, 2013

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

SpaceGirlArt posted:

I thought Howard did great. He had some excellent saves. The goals he did let in were virtually impossible to stop by any keeper in the world. Those were all errors by a poor back four.

He was punching everything though. There were quite a few balls he should have grabbed.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

SpaceGirlArt posted:

To reiterate what Shuttered said, he wasn't hanging onto anything and his punches weren't particularly great. One was directly responsible for a goal.

If he continues doing that, he really should be losing his spot to Guzan.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Alex Morgan is broken.

e: fixed

Akbar fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 2, 2013

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Akbar posted:

Alex Morgan is broken.

You were saying?

JibbaJabbaJimmy
May 21, 2001

I hate to say this guys, but Howard has looked/looks pretty poor in goal. I would rather Guzan start.

I at least like how Guzan does throw a tantrum after every shot (even if Howard may be justified).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Alex Morgan to Canada: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

:drat: ALEX

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
drat, what a class first touch

e: two quick goals and now putting on syd. keep twisting that knife, sermanni. A+ troll.

e2: lovely dive

Akbar fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 2, 2013

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This ref has really made some lovely calls in the last 10' or so.

edit: Time for Press to score 5 goals now.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Mmmm, an embarrassment of riches at striker

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
Canadian coach really needs to take that Buchanan girl off. She's been limping through the last 5 minutes.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
why the gently caress isn't Canada subbing off that visibly hurt FB in a friendly?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh hey, Canada actually had an opportunity there. Forgot what that looked like.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I want Leroux to score so badly. I want meltdown-level trolling.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Canadian keeper not bulletproof

DISGUSTING ACT OF PATRIOTISM

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Akbar posted:

I want Leroux to score so badly. I want meltdown-level trolling.

Your wish has been granted

And she trolled the fans too :allears:

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
LeRoux just rubbing it in haha

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Hahah Leroux shoving the knife in deeper with the shoosh and shirt pop.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

whypick1 posted:

Your wish has been granted

That celebration was so good. So so so amazingly good. Even better that the game ended immediately after that as if that's what the entire game was working towards. There could be no higher peak.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A bunch of dejected Canadians leaving BMO Field having watched their team in red fail to put up a quality effort and fall to a much stronger opponent...aka, every other week in MLS.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Typing in "Leroux" and "classless" in twitter's search is yielding a never-ending river of tears. This is amaaaaaazing.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
looks like Jozy added a few million to his transfer today, can't wait to see him dominating the Champions League next season

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Laughing at the Canadian broadcasters with their "That's way too American for me" comments. Because Canada doesn't celebrate goals, right? This coupled with Costa Rica whining about the snow have made this an excellent year for crying.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

CubanMissile posted:

Laughing at the Canadian broadcasters with their "That's way too American for me" comments. Because Canada doesn't celebrate goals, right? This coupled with Costa Rica whining about the snow have made this an excellent year for crying.

Yeah, when you have an entire stadium booing your every touch, chanting "oval office" and "deadbeat dad" at you, I think you've got to expect some counter-trolling when said abusee scores a kick-rear end goal on you.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Canadians are smalltime as gently caress lol

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

CubanMissile posted:

Entire Canadian crowd booing Leroux every time she touches the ball, that's okay. She proceeds to celebrate and shhh the crowd after a goal...

"That's just classless"

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Booing an opposing team's player, truly we live in a world gone mad

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

my son bort posted:

Booing an opposing team's player, truly we live in a world gone mad

It is the context of the quote that matters you dolt.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

It is the context of the quote that matters you dolt.

It was the badge part that people bristled at, not the shushing

Not to say it was unexpected

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

oh that's no good

@sydneyleroux posted:

When you chant racial slurs, taunt me & talk about my family don't be mad when I shush you & show pride in what I represent

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who made recommendations about sitting in the supporters section with my 8 year old. I took Hoover Dam's advice and took her to party city to get all manner of red white and blue adornments. We both had a great time. She pointed out to me every time someone said a bad word (rather frequently, but I had warned about that per your advice), but she loved how people tossed beer and popcorn every time we scored a goal, which was a lot more often than we expected going in.

Anyway, it was a perfect father/daughter outing, and I don't think we would have had nearly as much fun if I hadn't taken the advice offered here. Thanks!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

I want to frame this.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Germany left pretty much the whole A-squad at home; the US has a decent opportunity for some kind of good result.

Just wanted to remind everyone that I posted this. I don't get to be right all that much.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Nybble posted:

I want to frame this.

:drat:

I had a fun time listening to the USMNT game yesterday on ESPN Deportes Radio (as I moved into my new house with no cable set up yet :argh:) If you're a spanish speaker, the guys they had on there were fantastic US homers. They absolutely lost their poo poo when Deuce scored his second.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who made recommendations about sitting in the supporters section with my 8 year old. I took Hoover Dam's advice and took her to party city to get all manner of red white and blue adornments. We both had a great time. She pointed out to me every time someone said a bad word (rather frequently, but I had warned about that per your advice), but she loved how people tossed beer and popcorn every time we scored a goal, which was a lot more often than we expected going in.

Anyway, it was a perfect father/daughter outing, and I don't think we would have had nearly as much fun if I hadn't taken the advice offered here. Thanks!

That's awesome, man. Hope it helps turn her into an uberfan like us weirdos :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

oh that's no good

Apparently Rapinoe re-tweeted some of the social media abuse for posterity's sake.

• Locked thread