Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
Aww yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Holy poo poo

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
gently caress you audience.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I can't watch it right now, is it as glorious as it should be?

Paxicon
Dec 22, 2007
Sycophant, unless you don't want me to be
Someone collect the choicest quotes for a collage. We can show it to our sweet summer children when they graduate to reading books, sometime in the future!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/game%20of%20thrones

Enjoy!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My favorite part is HenessyHero pointing out how the central conflict of the books is over and "I guess all that's left is Dany coming over to torch everyone?"

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
Ok now we animated gifs of cat getting her throat cut and stark dying

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I guess it's hard to show the flat of an axe hit a child and not either make it obvious she's alive or dead so they decided to just have the hound donkey punch arya.

e: No clawing her eyes out/birds metaphor. Oh well.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 3, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

A summer child posted:

I'm pretty sure Daenerys still has her dragons and is coming to gently caress poo poo up, not to mention the zombie apocalypse waiting on the other side of the wall.

Paxicon
Dec 22, 2007

A sweetling posted:

Did... this 7+ season series just totally wrap up its central conflict in season 3?

It's almost a shame they have half of SoS left, I want to see the backlash for Feast and Dance among the TVIVers start tomorrow!

speeds
Feb 24, 2012

Stupid Newbie
I was under the impression that the RW was the season finale, seems like a short season.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

speeds posted:

I was under the impression that the RW was the season finale, seems like a short season.

9 of 10 episodes buddy

vvv hahaha vvv

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 3, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

9/10

"Would murder all Starks again" - Roose Bolton

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Personperson14 posted:

Haha, yeah sure.

That may have been irony on my part. :ssh:

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

My buddy already made a Red Wedding/White Wedding parody song and uploaded it as the show ended:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY_wi-5V1d4

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
They pulled the punch with Arya, but still, dead Robb = shameful boner at full pink mast.

Paxicon
Dec 22, 2007
My shameful boner is about to burst like a pink firework of gore if you keep posting things like that.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Just the way the rear end in a top hat at the end slits Cat's throat and she just falls over not changing her expression... oh my god...

:allears:

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
Man, even though Arya was clearly knocked out instead of fake-killed, Robb's wife getting stabbed in the baby and Grey Wind getting killed onscreen made up for it. That was loving glorious, and I am laughing so hard at everyone's reactions, that 3 year wait was worth it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm just disappointed that the whole chat "To Bed To Bed" wasn't more sinister. Plus the music change was way too sudden.

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
It might have been more effective to have the crossbows start up as soon as Cat slapped Roose, and then have Frey give his speech with Talisa getting knifed. Having Rains play and then end abruptly was kind of weird.

Still an A+ effort, well done.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

quote:

I literally feel like I’m going to puke everywhere and that my heart has been torn out completely.

Thank you, HBO and George R.R. Martin

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Also since they cut out all the goddamn jesters in this loving show instead of a retard son walder doesn't care about he gives up his wife to catelyn's knife. That's a step up in brutality.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can't believe i got banned from three IRC channels for spoiling people. :allears:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Babe Magnet posted:

Just read from about page 15 or so, after watching the episode, and all ya'll dudes who read the book and were all "look at the cute non-book-readers being surprised! Isn't it adorable, welcome to our world little ones" can go absolutely gently caress yourself, you condescending douchebags.

EDIT: Goddamn, they are SUPER MAD at book readers.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 3, 2013

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

What's going to happen in the next episode? I haven't been following the show at all, and most of what happens after this in the book is a dull, hazy, hate-filled blur.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
A bit disappointed that Jaime didn't send his regards specifically, but Roose's coy face for the several minutes leading up to the event made it so much sweeter.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

1stGear posted:

They're calling for us and the spoiler thread to all be banned.

Yes. YES. Give into your anger. Let it consume you. :unsmigghh:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Wonder how many ships the Red Wedding sunk.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/redweddingtears

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

1stGear posted:

I don't know who gave them red titles, but that was dumb. Everything else was great though.

EDIT When does Jamie get a shameful boner over Breinne again?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

"bublel bluedlbe durr look at me I can't acknowledge source material and anyone that does is a giant sperg." - TVIV

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

The Unnamed One posted:

So tomorrow my friends will gather at a buddy's house to throw a surprise birthday party for his girlfriend, which will also include the viewing of episode 9 - pretty much everyone loves the show, but aside from me and the host, no one knows poo poo's about to go down.

I was thinking of bringing a loaf of bread, a bit of cheese, mayhaps a sausage to the party. Any tips on how to celebrate the occasion? :unsmigghh:

Just an update: Friends are Gurm haters now. Also people literally screamed "NO" when Grey Wind was shot.

Good times.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Personperson14 posted:

"bublel bluedlbe durr look at me I can't acknowledge source material and anyone that does is a giant sperg." - TVIV

It was all them filthy book readers with their ability to read and spell character names correctly and it all started when Commander Man Meat dieded and the filthy diry bokk readers dgakdflkh;afhdl;khadfhl;kafhdl;kjfg lk;f h lk;hsf l;k sfh lkj;hf kjl;fh ak ;ljhf a hodor

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The emergency abortion was pretty rowdy. Showrunners payin the iron price for internet tears.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

How are u posted:

Thanks for this. As somebody who watches live and then re-reads the live thread-posting afterwards it was obnoxious how the book people jumped in at the worst moments. I think I may have even been slightly spoiled for the first time in the entire series.

Anyway, Holy gently caress this episode was off the loving wall. I had a feeling something bad was coming for Rob and everybody with him but god, good jesus lord I didn't expect it to be this bad.

Oh Talisa :gonk:

So angry, so delicious. Also, how dare people post gifs for some reason. That thread is angry.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

The Unnamed One posted:

Just an update: Friends are Gurm haters now.

I can't wait to hear what my dad says when I meet him for breakfast tomorrow. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

The emergency abortion was pretty rowdy. Showrunners payin the iron price for internet tears.

That was the only point where the people I was with reacted viscerally. Everything else was just "aw I guess they're all dead now."

I really don't think it was staged all that well in the end.