Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

I got a two week gig out here in Port Hope
Right cause what else could she possibly bring to the table besides those assets.

Also consider myself lucky I just got two eagle eggs in a row from the mayors hut spawn point :fuckyeah:

Fake edit: On part two, Incompletable Quests... :arghfist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

juicecube posted:

Right cause what else could she possibly bring to the table besides those assets.

Spoilers for New Game+ content: although it's not really explicitly stated, it is strongly implied (and confirmed in production materials and interviews) that Kaine is a hermaphrodite.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

jonjonaug posted:

Spoilers for New Game+ content: although it's not really explicitly stated, it is strongly implied (and confirmed in production materials and interviews) that Kaine is a hermaphrodite.

What he said. She identifies as female and dresses like that to really drive home "hey, I'm a girl."

If you don't read any of these spoilers (which you shouldn't until you get ending B anyway) just know that yes, there is a reason.

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

The "beat such and such within 1min30" trophies - are those best to be left for a second playthrough? Does your strength / weapons carry over?

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

juicecube posted:

The "beat such and such within 1min30" trophies - are those best to be left for a second playthrough? Does your strength / weapons carry over?

Do it on the third because you don't want to skipp cutscenes in the second playthrough. Also there is alot to read at the start.

And yes level and weapons carry over.

Not a Matopoeia
Oct 29, 2011
How about a Drakengard 1 + Drakengard 2 fan thing (I did not make it) while we're waiting. Violent, but not nearly as violent as Drak 3 is going to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y2vygq1qwc

(I know this is not the Drakengard fanart thread but I wish we had one)

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

I'm almost done Nier, and I own Drakengard but have yet to play it. If I fire up Drakengard after I beat Nier, is there any point to doing this? Is there anything from Nier that I will know referencing Drakengard?

Just wondering if its good to play them close together as to better remember the references. Btw the Drakengard I own is still sealed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

juicecube posted:

I'm almost done Nier, and I own Drakengard but have yet to play it. If I fire up Drakengard after I beat Nier, is there any point to doing this? Is there anything from Nier that I will know referencing Drakengard?

Just wondering if its good to play them close together as to better remember the references. Btw the Drakengard I own is still sealed.

Nier is actually a sequel to Drakengard's Ending E. Also the last weapon you get in the game, the lance in Shadowlord's Castle, references Drakengard. That's pretty much it for what I recall. Honestly I'd suggest to just read Dark Id's LP instead because while the story is worth experiencing the game just sounds like an utter chore to play, especially if you want to get all the endings.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

juicecube posted:

There is a single direct reference to Drakengard in Nier, and it's very clipped. Also some of the weapons you might recognize. That's about it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The DLC directly references it a lot, but it's inconsequential.

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

Maybe I just haven't progressed far enough but I get killed pretty quickly in the dlc. And frequently.

:cry:

Are there any differences between the xbox and ps3 versions? Google hasn't much to say and for some reason I only ever see the game used in the wild for xbox.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

juicecube posted:

Maybe I just haven't progressed far enough but I get killed pretty quickly in the dlc. And frequently.

:cry:

Are there any differences between the xbox and ps3 versions? Google hasn't much to say and for some reason I only ever see the game used in the wild for xbox.

The DLC is for, like, NG+ characters only.

The XBox version has a custom save screen, but that's about it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

Nier is actually a sequel to Drakengard's Ending E. Also the last weapon you get in the game, the lance in Shadowlord's Castle, references Drakengard. That's pretty much it for what I recall. Honestly I'd suggest to just read Dark Id's LP instead because while the story is worth experiencing the game just sounds like an utter chore to play, especially if you want to get all the endings.

All of the weapons reference Drakengard, but they're not all obvious about it. Some of it is just covered in the supplementary material people translated.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The entire intro part references it doesn't it?

The whole war against the unkillable ash monsters being caused the end boss of drakengard being vaporized over Tokyo is why Nier is wandering around apocalyptic ruins. Nier is like 100% dependent on the E ending as it literally sets up everything.

I'm still looking forward to that game idea the cavia guys talked about ages ago where you play as a squad in the first year of the aftermath of ending E in Tokyo. Want that to be made so bad.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Pesky Splinter posted:

Sharper images of Zero's companions/hareem/whatever:

Tito(?)/Deto - Sadistic Jailbait

Cento - Too cool for shirts

Decato - Beefy Masochist

Octal - Has giant old-man schlong

And some non Famitsu'd versions of the images Turnip Fritter posted:

Also, more manga:
Oh boy.

After One saves the two women from the loincloth dude, and passes out due to injury, Nero turns up, hoists One over his shoulder and the two women take them to some part of the castle (an infirmary?) to recover. The women talk while Nero just sits in the corner, next to One's bed, and smirks at them. They then force Nero out of the room to give One a bed bath, only to run out screaming when they find out that...

One has pecs. No idea if she has a dick. Nero casually strolls out of the window, until he is called back by one of the women, who...berates him possibly? Then she starts talking lovingly about the Lord of the castle...

Then something unexpected happens. :allears:

Caim comes into the room, glances at no-tits, decides, "Whatevs", talks calmly to Nero and says something to make him shut up (for once), then strolls out of the room like a playa. The chapter ends with Nero talking under his breath.

I'm ready!

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

I couldn't give a poo poo about you finishing the FFX LP or doing any other LP ever again, three months to the day after this game is released, I want you LP the gently caress out of it.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
I suddenly noticed this game will have a blood splatter mechanic that splatter blood on your clothes.
Thanks cavia Yoko now I can have One walk around with a dress painted blood with the blood of children.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

So has there been any confirmation on whether or not Drakengard 3 is getting an English localization?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Mazed posted:

So has there been any confirmation on whether or not Drakengard 3 is getting an English localization?

Nothing official at the moment.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Nothing official at the moment.

With all the turds Square-Enix has dropped in the past few years it goddamn better get a release here in the 'States.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
I would be worried, considering their restructuring and such.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Who wants to read the grimdark backstory of Drakengard 3's Zero?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
:stare:

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

It's, uh, pretty Drakengard.txt...

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hmm... it still didn't touch on why she had a flower growing out of her face...

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's a lunar tear they're going to further bridge the continuity between Drakengard and Nier

AND THEN I WOKE UP.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Drakengard 3 is actually Nier's Ending E fully realized into it's own game.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

All of the weapons reference Drakengard, but they're not all obvious about it. Some of it is just covered in the supplementary material people translated.

Well, not all the weapons, but all the weapons that change form as you upgrade them. Kinda lazy since all of those (and their transformations) were taken wholesale from Drakengard, but oh well.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

ahhahahahahahaa; hahahahahahahahah, hahahaha, hahahahahahah.

Hahahahaha: lol.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
Drakengard 3 is actually the canonical continuation of Bullet Witch's alternate timeline that was only unlocked if you 100%ed its achievements.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NovaPolice posted:

Drakengard 3 is actually the canonical continuation of Bullet Witch's alternate timeline that was only unlocked if you 100%ed its achievements.

Holy poo poo. Someone actually remembered and then posted about Bullet Witch.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Oh wow. They're pulling out all the stops, aren't they? I thought they'd reached the limit with BroNier's "I was sold my pre-teen body to a creep, to pay for Yonah's medicine", and Kaine's whole backstory, but they continue to keep pushing it further and further.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I love Cavia so much.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
That's nowhere near as :gonk: as some of the weapon stories from Drakengard.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Marogareh posted:

That's nowhere near as :gonk: as some of the weapon stories from Drakengard.

I'm positive this is only because Zero had to be alive at the end of it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
"Hmm, I was caught and arrested when I tried to steal money of the local brothel last time. This time I should
kill everyone at the brothel and as many drunk soldiers as possible.

This felt more like a parody of a unnecessarily grim/dark story than an actually good one.
Then again, that's pretty much how Drakengard always has been.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 23, 2013

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

It's somehow disappointing that Zero isn't intersexed like Kaine.

ed. Basically I just wish Kaine got her own game.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
Ha ha oh wow this is going to be so bad

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

Perhaps I need to play Drakengard next? Just finishing up first play through of Nier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

juicecube posted:

Perhaps I need to play Drakengard next? Just finishing up first play through of Nier

Play Nier again from the completed save to see ending B first. It is essentially mandatory for the full Nier experience and it goes fast.

• Locked thread