Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nathonicus
May 2, 2013

Brock Samsonite posted:

Alright Bionic Psyker, let's you and me! GET IT ON!

I, Brock Samsonite, oath 25 Eldar Guardians, 1 Heavy Weapons Platform, 1 VYper, 1 Wave Serpent, 10 Dire Avengers and 2 Dire Avenger Exarchs for the month of June! All models Games Workshop.

Woah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Sole.Sushi posted:

All fine oaths: all accepted; all destined for the blade. :esse:

Thank you for pointing that out; trust me, if I miss you it's not because I disapproved an oath. Which means, you can get started, because your poo poo's been accepted!

You also missed me.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath three more sprues of 1/72 Italari WW2 Americans (the retooled 6120 sprue) and one Pegasus Hobbies German casualty with rifle.

That's 18 riflemen, 6 Thompson / M3 SMG gunners, 6 ammo carriers, 3 Browning M1919 gunners, 3 60mm M2 mortar guys, 3 radio operators, 3 Bazooka guys, 3 BAR gunners, 3 tankers, and one German who wasn't even supposed to be here today. (Some of the riflemen are going to end up on heavy weapons teams.)

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Well since there was a tie on what I should do, I'm just going to do something else! Mostly because I have an idea for battle damage I'd like to try.

For June, I oath these 4 counts as 40k Crusaders.
I'm not sure what they're from originally since they've been out of the package for ages now and weren't some big name to start with. Any help identifying them? The backpacks n' shields are awkward to get in the screen and my points don't matter anyways!

Edit: Ashcans found it for me. Junkers from Urban War by Mammoth.

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 3, 2013

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Please make sure to take a photo of the model after you complete conversion but before you paint. If you want to you could take photos as you do your conversion, but that's optional: the main thing is that I need before/after photos.

Thanks for the reminder! I just went back and edited the B&A pics into my original oath post.

Edit: I suppose I could put them here as well for convenience.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I, Kommando, Pledge to paint this Templar battlemech, from Iron Wind Metals, and rocky scenery hex for the month of June.

Bonuses claiming:
Awww. Its a baby.
Tiny Troops! Battletech is 6mm scale.

Lets see how this goes.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Decided to take the chill path this oath season: just oath whatever, don't worry about oathing every month, bonus points, quarterly events, etc. If I win stuff, cool. If not, also cool. :cheers:

With that said, I oath an :ussr: Ariadnan Line Kazak :ussr:, from Corvus-Belli's Infinity range.

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Soma Soma Soma posted:

Awwww, it's a baby!

I, Soma Soma Soma, oath 12 Necron Warriors, 5 Necron Lychguard, and 3 scarab bases from Games Workshop.

Had a lot of time on my hands these past two nights.

Oath Complete!

Parts list

Games Workshop Paints
Steel Legion Drab
Leadbelcher
Ironbreaker
Caliban Green
Warpstone Glow
Moot Green
Chaos Black
Gehenna's Gold
Nuln Oil
Gloss Varnish

Also, these guys are Themed! to match the rest of the Necron army I've been building up. Hopefully I did everything right, aside from a couple of the pictures having terrible lighting because I need to build a cheap light box.

Soma Soma Soma fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 4, 2013

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: For June I oath two Vanguard Light Warjacks :siren:
These are Privateer Press models.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Starting small, with every intention of adding to this months oath as I have a few things in the pipeline to work on (but with the vagaries of real life and having two kids, I totally expect this plan to get knocked sideways)

These, like last months oath, have been languishing on my desk for an age waiting for the inspiration to hit.

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one pair of UCM Falcon Gunships for Dropzone Commander, scale is 10mm and the manufacturer is Hawk Wargames

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, oath 25 Eldar Guardians, 1 Heavy Weapons Platform, 1 VYper, 1 Wave Serpent, 10 Dire Avengers and 2 Dire Avenger Exarchs for the month of June! All models Games Workshop.

You boys be sure to play nice now. :colbert:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Soma Soma Soma posted:

Had a lot of time on my hands these past two nights.

Oath Complete!
Also, these guys are themed to match the rest of the Necron army I've been building up. Hopefully I did everything right, aside from a couple of the pictures having terrible lighting because I need to build a cheap light box.

Nicely done! Did you do any battle damage for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal?

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint one pair of UCM Falcon Gunships for Dropzone Commander, scale is 10mm

Are uh... are you sure? They look like space ships to me, far smaller than 10mm scale. Maybe they're 10mm long?

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Thanks for the reminder! I just went back and edited the B&A pics into my original oath post.

Edit: I suppose I could put them here as well for convenience.

Got em, thanks!

Soma Soma Soma
Mar 22, 2004

Richardson agrees

Leperflesh posted:

Nicely done! Did you do any battle damage for this month's Detektuv's Jurnal?

I didn't do any battle damage on these ones.

I should have added my Doomsday Ark to this oath but it just keeps staring at me and I keep refusing to acknowledge its existence. Oh well, now I have all month to not work on it.

Bionic Psyker
Apr 23, 2009

Brock Samsonite posted:

Let's do this.

I almost oathed more for June but I don't want to burn out too quickly, I've got 150+ infantry alone to get painted up.

Then the tanks and dreads :suicide:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Are uh... are you sure? They look like space ships to me, far smaller than 10mm scale. Maybe they're 10mm long?

Yep, drop zone Commander is a 10mm scale game, here's the models on hawk wargames website for reference:

http://www.hawkwargames.com/products/falcon-gunships

..and to give you an idea of the size of them, those bases are 30mm square :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
FELLOW GOONS.

GAZE UPON THIS LIST OF SHAME AND REMEMBER.

This is the list of our brothers and sisters that have failed us this past month:

ineptmule
BrotherCaptain Quad
Hixson
Swagger Dagger
Cyster
Lethemonster
WerrWaaa
Dr. Phildo
Drumstick
Wazzu
Commissar Kip
The Impaler
Lungboy
Luebbi
ActionZero
Baron Snow
TasmanianX
Swags
Beffah
bunnyofdoom

If your name is on this list and you actually succeeded in your oath or you think there is some mistake, please let me or Leperflesh know you wish to face us in single combat so we can fix whatever we can. Otherwise, your name will be entered into the Hall of Broken Oaths, along with a record of your failed oath, for all to see forevermore.

After the full and official list of Oathbreakers is posted for all to see in the Hall of Broken Oaths, upon the Wall of Shame, whosoever wishes to claim the Oathbreaker Avatar of Penitence to have it permanently bonded to their future communicades with your fellow goons, and thus attempt to regain an infinitesimal fraction of your lost honour, may claim the honour within 24 hours, and a fight to the death shall ensue, with the victor claiming the Oathbreaker Avatar of Penitence for all time. (In plain English: No one is required to take the avatar. If you want the Oathbreaker avatar (see it below), in the 24 hours after I post the Wall of Shame just post that you want it, and there will be a random draw to see who gets it)

The Avatar is:

PierreTheMime posted:

:siren: Oathbreaker Time :siren:

I decided, with the narrative of Mr. Green, to go film noir with my oathbreaker theme. Thus we have our first month's avatar, ripe for picking:

Forget it, ya git. Itz Failuretown.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 3, 2013

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, forkbanger, oath the Pelgar Mystics Dreadball team for the month of June - that's 8 bendy armed alien pacifists from Mantic Games, who'll be a themed group.

They're really fun to use, until your opponent kicks the living poo poo out of your players.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
As a representative of the oath thread organisers, I humbly submit that I should bear the mark of oath breaking shame.

EDIT: Also it's a wicked avatar

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It is pretty cool, eh? Whoever can guess the noir film the avatar is from gets extra Internet Points!

I think we'll have people scrambling to get the avatars, so I changed the Oathbreaker avatar to a random draw if more than one person wants it. You just have to post in the first day after the Wall of Shame is posted.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

krushgroove posted:

It is pretty cool, eh? Whoever can guess the noir film the avatar is from gets extra Internet Points!

Don't you go testing my Noir credentials. :colbert:

(For the record, I'm absolutely loving Ork Noir and am almost wishing I failed my oath.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Destrado posted:

(For the record, I'm absolutely loving Ork Noir and am almost wishing I failed my oath.)

Just oath an entire starter set of something in the last week of the month! ;)

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Just finished browsing the slideshow, god drat everyone. Fine work! I was really happy to see a good variety of models and sizes. There was a stompa and a baneblade, tiny dropzone guys and 8 mm guys. I hope we can keep this up so the judges just get deluged with finished oaths of every shape and size.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
:siren: I, PierreTheMime, oath a themed group of 5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, a Herald of Tzeentch, and a Portalglyph marker! :siren:
All models are of the Games Workshop variety.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I was gutted that I didn't finish my oath but really didn't want to try and hammer out a nightscythe with either no effort or cutting into my studying time. I have learnt and will be oathing everything I own once my final exam is over.

Super annoyed that my terrain is part of a failed oath month now though, I thought it turned out well >: |

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:I, Slimnoid, pledge a Games Workshop Ork Stompa (28mm), 5x Privateer Press Cryx Soulhunters (28mm), a Privateer Press Cryx Machine Wraith, and 11x Games Workshop Servitor dice holders!:siren:

I will be aiming for this month's Detektuv’s Jurnal - battle damage bonus on the Stompa. I'm also going for the I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01 bonus on the Servitor dice holders (hey, they're objective markers basically!)

In addition, I will do the Speed painting! bonus on the Machine Wraith.

Slimnoid fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 4, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

I'm also going for the I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01 bonus on the Servitor dice holders (hey, they're objective markers basically!)

Great! I included that one-time bonus for exactly this reason, and I painted up 6 of those markers in the last thread. Have fun!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Tadhg posted:

You boys be sure to play nice now. :colbert:

You've aged, man. You got old. :wal:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: OK, JUDGES, IT IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE :siren:

The complete slideshow of May's completed oaths is here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5884929453098956369?authkey=COTc1qXJvpKL2gE

It has been over 24 hours since I posted the slideshow for all the oathers to check through, and now it has come to this:
125 oathers
105 completed oaths
702 pictures
3 judges
1 ruling

Judge Sole.Sushi,
Judge Bachtere, and
Judge thiswayliesmadness...

Your task is now to choose your top 3 finished oaths from the month of May, plus your choice for the best Detektuv's Jurnal.

Your first choice will earn the artist 3 points.
Your second choice will earn the artist 2 points.
Your third choice will earn the artist 1 point.
A final point will be given by you to the person that best got across the Work In Progress task of this month's Detektuv's Jurnal.

Look through the album for May. Look through the spreadsheets (many oathers put much detail into their Work In Progress pictorial). The pictures are group together by oather, with the completed pictures first, followed by the Work In Progress pictures, which should be easy to figure out (most start with base colors only).

The fate of nations (actually these tiny plastic and metal things) is in your hands...I do not envy the task before you.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
I, Zhent, pledge to oath 6 Ravenwing Bikers, 2 with Plasma Guns, from Games Workshop, along with 6 Dragonforge Cobblestone bases!

Battle Damage for Dummies, here I come...

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Sole.Sushi posted:

Unfortunately, yes, it does need a timestamp. Get it filled and pretty, and grab a shot for us all when you can.

Shot of the Bloodthirster with the time-stamp.

Alternate Universe Oath!

I understand these have to be completed by the end of the Season, but my goal is to have this done by October 4th!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Judge Sole.Sushi,
Judge Bachtere, and
Judge thiswayliesmadness...

Your first choice will earn the artist 3 points.
Your second choice will earn the artist 2 points.
Your third choice will earn the artist 1 point.

Quick question, is it feasible for judges to pick the same person at all for the same position and/or different positions? Just sanity checking, that's all :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

Quick question, is it feasible for judges to pick the same person at all for the same position and/or different positions? Just sanity checking, that's all :D

Argh, you ask the hardest questions! And I was just going to announce something!

So how did it work last year, folks? From memory, the judges picked their top 3 submissions (being a single model or group of similar models), but I can't rightly remember.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'll go ahead and do a rare double-post to make sure this announcement gets made anyway...

:siren: Detektuv’s Grab Bag News :siren:
Due to the colossal amount of Grab Bag donations that have come in (with more on the way), I've changed up how the Grab Bag will work this time around.
click here to check out the Grab Bag so far
Keeping with tradition, every month, every person who completed an oath will have a chance to win someone from our massive goon-donated Grab Bag! This year, we have a TON of different models available, and even BOOKS (and audiobooks)! We'll change it up a bit this year and make a real 'grab bag' of pick'n'mix proportions - the winner of the Grab Bag draw will get a randomly selected bunch of loot, but because we have such a huge selection of prizes in the Grab Bag, you'll get to help influence what prizes you pick. Think of it like playing the grab-claw game at the amusement arcade. And who knows - you may get something rare, something you're really looking for, something you can trade with another goon or fellow player, or something just completely random! Click here to see everything currently in the Detektuv's Grab Bag!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 3, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

Argh, you ask the hardest questions!

I do like to be a pain in the arse ;) and to continue that theme..

..I get a permission error on this link :v:

Not trying to be a pain in the arse on purpose v:shobon:v

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

..I get a permission error on this link :v:

Not trying to be a pain in the arse on purpose v:shobon:v

Just fixed that, still getting used to the new G+ photo albums thing.

You better hope you never win (or DO WIN???) a Grab Bag prize! I've got some really random stuff in there, that's not in the album!

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Fix posted:

You've aged, man. You got old. :wal:

I just don't want these young pups to get hurt. You know me-- I hear people talking about lots of models, and I just start getting all crazy.

You try to go straight. You try to take the Oath thread easy. Hell, they even start making rules so that you don't go all crazy and get yourself banned, even worse, cause the young kids to get banned imitating you because they think it's cool...

But then you're always working with a safety net, always safe with the idea of failure. Funny thing, failure-- the moment you're looking over your shoulder, trying to keep one step ahead of it is the moment that it finally catches up to you. And then you give in... I mean, it's easier to not paint, to not strive for glory, right? Watch some TV, spend some time with friends and family, watch the Oaths roll on by without trying anymore, because it's safe-- just like the safety of no-consequence Oathing. Best to just give it all up and be happy. And you think you are.

Then, one day you see a new Oath generation pushing their model count, egging each other on. You feel your heart quicken-- feel the rush of blood through your body. You fight down the urge to show them a thing or two, because you don't want to start trouble, don't want to make a commotion. You give them a concerned warning, trying to keep them from starting down that same path of trouble that you once blazed. And then you back away, because you want to play by polite society's Oath rules.

Then some rear end in a top hat goes and calls you old; starts pushing you. You're going to just keep on walking, but you realize one thing:

There ain't no rule against Toxxing this year.

:hist101: I, Tadhg, do hereby Oath 40 Wood Elf Glade Guard, 20 Wood Elf Scouts, 3 Wood Elf Banner Bearers, and 1 Treeman Ancient (all from GW Warhammer Fantasy) for the Month of June :hist101:

And I :toxx: to finish it, or post a banme thread. Victory at all costs, or death in trying! DEATH OR GLORY!

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
Sweet Jesus, tadhg.

I am not playing the Toxx game this year -- I concede defeat in advance! That, and I am out of goblins to oath 100 of at a time. Pink and white elves take a lot more time.

(Good on ya, buddy. Give these whippersnappers hell.)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Only one thing to say to that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiUuL5uTKc

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 3, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What is a banme? Is it like a banana? Can you eat it? Is it tasty? Does it cure repeated oathbreaking? :downs:

Original oath post:

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, swear to paint 2 old-style Preta Hungries in the month of June! They are made by Corvus Belli for Infinity, 28mm scale.

I, Pierzak, add to my oath 10 were-cat not-African warriors :furcry: They are a Themed Group. Also, 3 not-Asian monks. Everything made by Black Orc Games in 28mm scale.

Also, I :toxx: that if I do not paint them (and the 2 Pretas) this month, I'll eat a ban.

...Huh? Where am I? Why is there blood on my hands? Tadhg, what have you made me do? :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Sheeeeeit tadgh, that's pretty :black101:. I was planning to do an entire 2k Dark Angels army next month, looks like I'll have to step up my game and add something big to the mix!

• Locked thread