Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

DoktorLoken posted:

Nicet, I'll have to check that out some day. Wonder how many Engina machines are out there, seeing one at the Fort Huachuca MI museum was pretty neat. I recall it being on loan from the NSA museum.
They've got an enigma at Blechely Park, too. And a lot of other fascinating stuff, including a fully operational Collosus (which is pretty awesome to watch run).

Click for big

Enigma wasn't entirely a German invention; the US Navy was using very similar machines since the early 30s, as well.

grover fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

It's set in a high school alternate universe.

Full disclosure, I watch the show, but I also don't talk about it; I'm nervous even mentioning it in GiP -- however, the drama around the show of late is fantastic.

yeah this isn't going under the loving RADAR

what the gently caress dude

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Who da thunk weirdo with a pony avatar loves watching a TV show for children.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If you know people are going to mock the poo poo out of you for it why would you admit it

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Friendship is garbage
Pictures!

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 3, 2013

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world
acceptable times to watch kids shows as an adult: when you're watching it with your kids or never

between this guy and the fat kid, what the hell

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Don't care honestly. I'm not gonna rationalize poo poo, doesn't make sense anyway. It's a relatively positive show, and it makes me giggle just like Adventure Time, Regular Show, or Squidbillies.

FTP.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
I think its safe to say that the problem with America isn't gays, immigrants, whites, blacks, republicans or democrats. Its grown men watching children's tv shows.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Er, yeah, Continuing on the surplus theme:

"Mr. Snowden and the 300 Army Planes He Bought"-Vultee BT-13's by the hundreds. Note that the type was nicknamed the "Vultee Vibrator."

Major Leonard "Kit" Carson's P-51K "Nooky Booky IV" on the dump in Germany in 1946. Survived combat over Germany only to be scrapped there.

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Rude. posted:

Friendship is garbage
Pictures!

What's the device on top of the canopy? Is it a backup HUD, or an aiming sight for a specific weapons system on the aircraft?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Female Israeli soldiers disciplined for 'unbecoming behaviour' after posing for pictures dressed only in their underwear and combat fatigues

Stupid mosaics.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

hazza posted:

What's the device on top of the canopy? Is it a backup HUD, or an aiming sight for a specific weapons system on the aircraft?

Probably the helmet cueing system sensor for the AA-11 according to my brother

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Now with the mosaics switched!

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

Dr. Tough posted:

I aint even mad.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Dr. Tough posted:

This is like when I was at NAVSEA and size of the explosive charge was unclassified and standoff distance was unclassified but size of the charge and standoff distance in combination were classified. Whee.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My deepest most sincere wish in this world is to bang the poo poo out of a hot IDF chick

Also, here's some cool poo poo

http://www.slideshare.net/liget/how-to-fly-and-fight-in-mig-29-fulcrum

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
The NYPost article has some more pictures

:nws: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/female_israeli_soldiers_post_unbecoming_SKVASg1wCIZ7E1npZz3UPI :nws:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
These women should be celebrated.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

Probably the helmet cueing system sensor for the AA-11 according to my brother

From what I understand it's just a mirror/periscope to give the pilot a view of his rear since the MiG-21 has basically no rearward visibility.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:stare:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

From what I understand it's just a mirror/periscope to give the pilot a view of his rear since the MiG-21 has basically no rearward visibility.

That makes more sense. It looks like a MiG-21 and I'm not sure if they can even carry the Archer

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If males don't go out there and make replica images I will be amazed.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

That makes more sense. It looks like a MiG-21 and I'm not sure if they can even carry the Archer

Depends on the variant. If the pic's any recent I'd say yes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How do you punish someone who is forced to serve btw

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Christoff posted:

How do you punish someone who is forced to serve btw

Make them continue serving, extra duty shifts, withhold pay. Same poo poo the US used to do when we had the draft, I'm sure

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Does that mean they can do heroin and smoke weed on patrol

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

If they really love the idea of what a court martial will do to their future, sure.

In Norway, and probably most other countries with "universal" conscription, it's normal to attach your final evaluation to any job applications for a few years, or at least be prepared to explain exactly why you didn't attach it...

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Yeah but in a conscript army you sort of have to expect this sort of stuff, right?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah but in a conscript army you sort of have to expect this sort of stuff, right?

Any army that employs 18-21 year olds, really.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

From Facebook. We got a guy in our battalion (the Red Falcons) who got 20 days of hard duty and this is how he decided to handle it after about 1 week.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
hey bros

i just got married

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

elite_garbage_man posted:

hey bros

i just got married

:allears:

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

BaconAndBullets posted:

From Facebook. We got a guy in our battalion (the Red Falcons) who got 20 days of hard duty and this is how he decided to handle it after about 1 week.
You're in 1/325? ahahhahaa, I'm sorry.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BaconAndBullets posted:

He didn't finish the NS. :confused:

Otherwise thats pretty decent writing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

He didn't finish the NS. :confused:

Otherwise thats pretty decent writing.

I honestly expected to see a body print in the sand where the MPs tackled him.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

I honestly expected to see a body print in the sand where the MPs tackled him.

Ha, MPs... no it was our 1st SGT who caught him. It's got 2k+ likes on facebook and apparently the BC is saying that anybody who liked it is getting an Article 15. If he's gonna do that I bet some staff LT is gonna have a fun next week or two.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BaconAndBullets posted:

Ha, MPs... no it was our 1st SGT who caught him. It's got 2k+ likes on facebook and apparently the BC is saying that anybody who liked it is getting an Article 15. If he's gonna do that I bet some staff LT is gonna have a fun next week or two.

Hahaha, I cannot wait to see them actually try to enforce that.

:allears: Army

We had to explain OPSEC to an idiot who decided to take cell phone photos on the Flight Line...hint, you are not supposed to have your cell phone on the flight line.

Nor take unauthorized pictures of aircraft that are National Security Assets.

OPSEC WIZARD
Mar 8, 2013

by Baldo di Gregorio

CommieGIR posted:

We had to explain OPSEC to an idiot who decided to take cell phone photos on the Flight Line...hint, you are not supposed to have your cell phone on the flight line.

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Caconym posted:

If they really love the idea of what a court martial will do to their future, sure.

In Norway, and probably most other countries with "universal" conscription, it's normal to attach your final evaluation to any job applications for a few years, or at least be prepared to explain exactly why you didn't attach it...

I really doubt that. In some of the last european countries that did away with conscription that I had serving friends in, namely Sweden, France and Germany, noone gave a flying gently caress. Hell, in germany, you didn't even get a final evaluation. Even if you got discharged extraordinarily, it would still take someone evaluating your application to raise an eyebrow over less than 9 months time served. And if you got discharged for criminal behaviour, people stop looking at you after going over the police record.

I recall a single occasion where my unit got a call from a future employer of a former recruit of ours and we weren't even allowed to give him any info outside of "yeah, he was a good dude.".

• Locked thread