Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Rocket Ace posted:

Ever since the sequel with Vanilla Ice came out, I started to lose interest.
"Go ninja, go ninja, go!"
"OK"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Rocket Ace posted:

Exactly. Bay's Transformers, and other recent forays into 80-90s kid nostalgia, have little or no impact on me because... well, I'm not a kid anymore.

The TMNT had a big impact on my childhood- the live action movie and the comics moreso than the tv show - once I had discovered that they were more than a silly saturday morning cartoon, my world changed.

Ever since the sequel with Vanilla Ice came out, I started to lose interest.

This new movie won't be for me, I'm pretty sure. I'm okay with it existing, but I'll just ignore it. :(

Have you seen the new series on Nickelodeon? Because that one is legit good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Posted this in the other thread in BSS but I had a wish for a crossover in the comics. Less Batman/Iron Man poo poo but more Tony vs Bruce in trying to one up each other in the facets of life and to see who "wins" at it. Basically ending up being asses, children, slapfighting, etc.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

Posted this in the other thread in BSS but I had a wish for a crossover in the comics. Less Batman/Iron Man poo poo but more Tony vs Bruce in trying to one up each other in the facets of life and to see who "wins" at it. Basically ending up being asses, children, slapfighting, etc.

Once they resolve their differences they can Tony Stark's House of Ribs for some good old fashioned ribs covered in Waynecorps's Back Alley Barbeque Sauce.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Benicio del Toro has been cast in Guardians of the Galaxy.

This looks like it will be a large role "a character that is built to be part of future Marvel films, which means he has signed a deal with options that put him into multiple movies."

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

lomzus posted:

Benicio del Toro has been cast in Guardians of the Galaxy.

This looks like it will be a large role "a character that is built to be part of future Marvel films, which means he has signed a deal with options that put him into multiple movies."
I'm assuming he must be some kind of villain.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm assuming he must be some kind of villain.

Waterhaul suggests Thanos. I can see it though I dunno. That's, what, Robert Redford, Glenn Close, and now Benicio in Marvel Movies? Someone's got connections or something. I love that big names like this are also involved.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Benicio Del Toro as Thanos :haw:

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Gatts posted:

Waterhaul suggests Thanos. I can see it though I dunno. That's, what, Robert Redford, Glenn Close, and now Benicio in Marvel Movies? Someone's got connections or something. I love that big names like this are also involved.

Someone's got 6 successful movies that are making crazy money. Any big star who doesn't want a piece of that pie is already making their own blockbusters or lying.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Benicio as Thanos is some of the most interesting casting I've ever heard for a comic book movie, I wholly support the idea.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I figure it's probably going to be Thanos, since he only made a cameo previously, and they probably want a recognizable person playing him in Avengers 2.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...
Between Michael Rooker, Lee Pace and that girl from Doctor Who the movie seems to be pretty set for villains already, and every article I've read says Benicio was cast in "an unspecified lead role". Thanos would be something of a lead in the grand scheme of the Marvel universe, but probably not a lead in GotG itself. I am assuming though that voice-casting for Groot and Rocket Raccoon will come pretty late in the production cycle, so I can't really think of anyone else he could be.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

enigma105 posted:

Someone's got 6 successful movies that are making crazy money. Any big star who doesn't want a piece of that pie is already making their own blockbusters or lying.

But we've repeatedly heard about small payouts for actors, Terrance Howard and Robert Downey aside. When you need exposure it makes sense as a long-term career move to take a small payday so you can be the star of a blockbuster franchise, but if you're already established and well-known it makes a whole lot less sense.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

But we've repeatedly heard about small payouts for actors, Terrance Howard and Robert Downey aside. When you need exposure it makes sense as a long-term career move to take a small payday so you can be the star of a blockbuster franchise, but if you're already established and well-known it makes a whole lot less sense.

Well so, maybe they reversed that decision now that they have a series of bona-fide hits on their hands so they are going to spend more of that money casting high profile names? I mean, it would be one thing if we were just speculating, but this is confirmed casting, so clearly these people are being offered a hefty pay check. Saying "in the past there have been small payouts" doesn't really mean anything unless you think Glen Close and Benicio are being blackmailed into this or something.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Guy A. Person posted:

Well so, maybe they reversed that decision now that they have a series of bona-fide hits on their hands so they are going to spend more of that money casting high profile names? I mean, it would be one thing if we were just speculating, but this is confirmed casting, so clearly these people are being offered a hefty pay check. Saying "in the past there have been small payouts" doesn't really mean anything unless you think Glen Close and Benicio are being blackmailed into this or something.

Johansson and Renner are apparently getting lowballed on their Avengers 2 offers and are pissed about it, so I don't think Marvel's getting more generous.

What I don't get is that despite being terrible to everyone not named Robert Downey, Jr., and it being an open secret in the industry (Favreau and Mickey Rourke were pissed after Iron Man 2), and being notorious for handing out small paydays, they manage to get big-name actors. It's not like Robert Redford needs the work, so what is he doing working for presumably peanuts on Captain America?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think they just really really want to make sure that Guardians doesn't bomb. It's by a wide margin the riskiest property they've adapted yet. Even Thor was at least a long-standing character and had the whole Norse mythology recognition factor going for him.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Timby posted:

Johansson and Renner are apparently getting lowballed on their Avengers 2 offers and are pissed about it, so I don't think Marvel's getting more generous.

What I don't get is that despite being terrible to everyone not named Robert Downey, Jr., and it being an open secret in the industry (Favreau and Mickey Rourke were pissed after Iron Man 2), and being notorious for handing out small paydays, they manage to get big-name actors. It's not like Robert Redford needs the work, so what is he doing working for presumably peanuts on Captain America?

It's an easy pay-check with a high profile release. Why would he not do it?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Timby posted:

Do you have any links or anything about Favreau and Rourke being upset? I'm not doubting you or anything, but I haven't kept up with Iron Man 2 news and just saw it last year right after I got home from seeing Avengers so I'm not really understanding what the actors/directors thought.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Timby posted:

I think Redford just wants to get back in the game, he's got two new movies this year as an actor. After not appearing in anything for like 4 or 5 years.

mind the walrus posted:

I think they just really really want to make sure that Guardians doesn't bomb. It's by a wide margin the riskiest property they've adapted yet. Even Thor was at least a long-standing character and had the whole Norse mythology recognition factor going for him.

Plus Thor's a freakin' hot hunk of manass. Getting women in the theater for Batista and Michael Rooker's gonna be a tougher sell.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Do you have any links or anything about Favreau and Rourke being upset? I'm not doubting you or anything, but I haven't kept up with Iron Man 2 news and just saw it last year right after I got home from seeing Avengers so I'm not really understanding what the actors/directors thought.

http://screenrant.com/mickey-rourke-iron-man-2-marvel-movies-benm-139224/

Allegedly Favreau wasn't too happy with the meddling and Portman wasn't happy with Marvel ditching Patty Jenkins for Thor 2.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I like Rourke and this may speak to his point, but, Sam Rockwell was the only reason to watch Iron Man 2. I'm sure Whiplash has a compelling story in him somewhere. I just wanted more Rockwell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Supreme Allah posted:

I like Rourke and this may speak to his point, but, Sam Rockwell was the only reason to watch Iron Man 2. I'm sure Whiplash has a compelling story in him somewhere. I just wanted more Rockwell.

Everyone should want more Rockwell.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Michael Keaton is...Birdman.

http://collider.com/birdman-images-michael-keaton/

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Where's the suit and tie?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Pops Mgee posted:

Well not that Birdman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Don't think that's actually Keaton in the suit.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Are we sure it isn't a sequel to Multiplicity?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Gotta pay your way through law school somehow.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

teagone posted:

Don't think that's actually Keaton in the suit.

I can't be the only person who sees a villain for Justified Season 5.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm so, so mad at you now that this isn't a thing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Who, Keaton or Birdman?

Actually, Raylen's reaction to the Birdman would be awesome.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Dress him up, put some foam guns on him, and let him go to town.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Beast is looking better than in First Class.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That's a huge improvement.

Yuppie Scum
Nov 28, 2003

Fortune and glory, kids. Fortune and glory.
So he can change at will now (clothing rips)? Could he always do that?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yuppie Scum posted:

So he can change at will now (clothing rips)? Could he always do that?

No, but it could also be something that happens sporadically and uncontrollably. I think they may have changed it to give the actor some more face time and not have to spend 3 hours in makeup each morning.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Maybe it's an alternate timeline retelling of him changing for the first time or something. Days of Future Past after all.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Guy A. Person posted:

No, but it could also be something that happens sporadically and uncontrollably. I think they may have changed it to give the actor some more face time and not have to spend 3 hours in makeup each morning.

The guy is a scientist and he made the stuff that turned him blue in the first place, its not unthinkable that he's been trying to make cures for it that aren't 100% successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/kick-rear end-star-aaron-johnson-frontrunner-play-quicksilver-avengers-2-exclusive-96096

The Quicksilver saga continues. And I really hope this casting is true, because it makes both movie studios look like kids arguing over toys on a playground.

quote:

"Kick-rear end" star Aaron Taylor-Johnson is being eyed for the role of Quicksilver in Marvel's "The Avengers 2," an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.

A representative for Marvel did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Johnson is the frontrunner for the coveted role, though no decision has been made at this time.

Quicksilver is one of two new characters director Joss Whedon is introducing in the sequel, along with the Scarlet Witch. They are twins whose father is Magneto, whose rights are owned by 20th Century Fox.

Both Marvel and Fox share rights to the Quicksilver character, as Bryan Singer recently cast Johnson's "Kick-rear end" co-star Evan Peters as Quicksilver in 20th Century Fox's "X-Men: Days of Future Past."

• Locked thread