Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

You can't just farm an expert.

The mage formerly in my guild who ran it 19 times in less than a week would like to disagree. I think the trick is to get 4 people to manually queue it and random queue at exactly the same time but he wanted his scalpel so badly.

Also how are there 3 bosses to dislike in archive? Archive has some of the coolest flavor ever plus you get to fight Murdantix i mean Tzul.

deimos posted:

gently caress you trion. :eng99:

So when that trinket was released it only gave you a shield for 5 seconds ON EQUIP. Might have almost been disenchanted because dreaming stars were worth more at the time but I think Morek still has his :v:.

I was reading they'd have alternate upgrade paths for stat sets somewhere though, maybe.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Keshik posted:

Does anyone have any idea if there is an addon somewhere with a map of artifact spawns?

There's way, way, way too many artifact spawn points for that. Nevertheless, I think Rasselbock posted a map showing a lot of artifact hot points earlier. Also someone is trying to make one, but it's not releasing until it's got a lot more data, there's a thread about it in the official forums add-on section.

The best way to find artifacts is to go "Where would an absolute rear end in a top hat put a shinie?" In a torch so that the flames cover up the shinie? Yes. Up on a mountain that you won't find unless you are climbing your way up to a cairn and fall down? You bet your rear end there's gonna be like three shinies there. Along the outside of the second story hedge-maze wall in Silverwood? :argh:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Zoness posted:

The mage formerly in my guild who ran it 19 times in less than a week would like to disagree. I think the trick is to get 4 people to manually queue it and random queue at exactly the same time but he wanted his scalpel so badly.

Also how are there 3 bosses to dislike in archive? Archive has some of the coolest flavor ever plus you get to fight Murdantix i mean Tzul.

I mean, I love the 3rd and last boss of the dungeon, those mechanics are great. The second boss isn't so bad either what with the eating of his own creations or whatnot. The first boss is horrible since no tank seems to know what to do, and the fourth is, as vandee put it so nicely, :catdrugs:.

I don't mind running it, and it might finally give me a reason to nail down my tempest rotation since I never seem to want to learn it in a real boss situation. I feel like I'm just complaining for the sake of it so I'll shut up about my stupid problems. On that note, I haven't been reading a lot of the information on the f2p change. For those of us who still want to subscribe to RIFT, is that still possible? Or is it that I would just have to "purchase a patron pass" every month? Is there a big infodump I can go read about this? The F2P page on their site doesn't give all the info I'm looking for.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ok so I have a code for the game+expansion+30 days that I will give to a goon who pm's me, in exchange for using my ascend-a-friend link (wanna get dat horse).

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 4, 2013

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

what do you have to do to satisfy the requirements for the ascend-a-friend?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Carteret posted:

what do you have to do to satisfy the requirements for the ascend-a-friend?

Just use my link when you create a new account. Outside of that it's all benefits, like being able to teleport to the coolest guy in Telara.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

I mean, I love the 3rd and last boss of the dungeon, those mechanics are great. The second boss isn't so bad either what with the eating of his own creations or whatnot. The first boss is horrible since no tank seems to know what to do, and the fourth is, as vandee put it so nicely, :catdrugs:.

I don't mind running it, and it might finally give me a reason to nail down my tempest rotation since I never seem to want to learn it in a real boss situation. I feel like I'm just complaining for the sake of it so I'll shut up about my stupid problems. On that note, I haven't been reading a lot of the information on the f2p change. For those of us who still want to subscribe to RIFT, is that still possible? Or is it that I would just have to "purchase a patron pass" every month? Is there a big infodump I can go read about this? The F2P page on their site doesn't give all the info I'm looking for.

one day you will get a bad pug group and wipe 30 times on emphalea and never want to see the inside of that horrible shitfest again

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

one day you will get a bad pug group and wipe 30 times on emphalea and never want to see the inside of that horrible shitfest again

That's why you queue as healer and if more than two people die to flooding two pulls in a row you quit.

(I say this as someone who has messed up flooding himself)

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.
I have 2 game+expansion+30day codes as well. Get in touch with Eltoasto first obviously, but I basically just want someone to use them so I can get that horse.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Hey Machai, nice writeup on the guild bank exploit.

Like holy crap who found that one out on the PTS and kept it to themselves @_@.

Edit: Link to explanation

The rest of the thread is pretty awful.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 3, 2013

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

AND GOT 160.
Guild bank exploit? I saw there was a hotfix that said Guild banks were reenabled or whatever, but didn't look at it too much other than that.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Is it 39 Expert marks to upgrade all of the trinkets (specifically, the Spectral Hand)? I'd hop on the PTS to check but I had to clean-install Windows yesterday due to a hard drive failure.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Zoness posted:

That's why you queue as healer and if more than two people die to flooding two pulls in a row you quit.

That's why you bring Tsu and RM him while tanking and duo the last 40% of the boss when the derps die to the flooding. :smugbert:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Now I'm really regretting spending 100+ marks on blue tank gear for a stupid bug. :argh:

That'll teach me to neglect tank gear! Guess I need to farm some daily experts again (sitting at an anemic 19 marks right now :qq:)!

What the... :ohdear:. It better be only cosmetics on launch like DotA chests (the apparently low stats do point to this at least). And of course NOBODY posts how that stuff looks :argh:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 3, 2013

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
I logged in to the Public Test Server last night and checked out the store.
It had the largest amount of cosmetic stuff that I've ever seen in any MMO to date. Trion's been planning this for quite some time.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

Now I'm really regretting spending 100+ marks on blue tank gear for a stupid bug. :argh:

That'll teach me to neglect tank gear! Guess I need to farm some daily experts again (sitting at an anemic 19 marks right now :qq:)!

What the... :ohdear:. It better be only cosmetics on launch like DotA chests (the apparently low stats do point to this at least). And of course NOBODY posts how that stuff looks :argh:.

On Friday, I jumped on the PTS and opened a few with Loracia and Tsu. It's all superbullshit stuff, stuff you won't want. Save your credits for wardrobe slots (they get expensive, 400 credits per slot for the last 10 or so).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I have a feeling that the Deeps crates aren't quite itemized yet. Those crates are big moneymakers for f2p games and no doubt they will end up with unique mounts/pets/cosmetic gear in them.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Just got the Raptr pet code. I don't really like pets all that much so.... email me at kreczor@gmail if you want to discuss maybe trading it for something in-game or if I'm feeling generous I may just hand it out.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Asehujiko posted:

I started playing again with the free weekend, is there any UI setting that could possibly reduce the eye strain I get from playing this game for more then 15 minutes at a time? I had that problem too when I last played but it's gotten a lot worse now.

Try turning off fullscreen effects (bloom specifically), that gives me a headache when everything is slightly/massively GLOWING.

If that doesn't help, try zooming the camera back from your character for a wider field of view.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Official Rift twitter just tweeted that Free to Play is launching early for anyone that owns the game, so if you ever purchased the game at any price, congratulations, you can play right now. :toot:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
poo poo, I had a few WoW friends that didn't want to play because they felt like if they weren't playing Rift while subbed to it was a waste of time; maybe now I can get them to login and play the occasional low level WF! :toot:

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Kyrosiris posted:

Official Rift twitter just tweeted that Free to Play is launching early for anyone that owns the game, so if you ever purchased the game at any price, congratulations, you can play right now. :toot:

:toot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:love: Trion

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

drat, Eltoasto. Just in time!

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

I have to agree with this sentiment.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Except for Daglar, but yeah. :h:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Can I get an invite for Mytelua and Itholine? Thanks in advance.

Comp-U-Shit
Nov 14, 2008
Can I get an invite for Shallon please?

Billy Pilgrim
Dec 20, 2005
Poo-tee-weet?
Grimey Drawer
Posting for invite, character's Bobgnarly.

Streyr
May 14, 2006
Penguin God
Got my free expansion from Raptr and got sucked back into Rift because I'm :gay: for housing. Need an invite for Antenora whenever someone has time.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Something about trying to do ID tonight maybe.

I'll try to be on for it too. Come see the horrifying love between two terrifying dragons.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

AND GOT 160.
Arbiter helm
YM3E-THT6-NYER-CMLG-9LHX

Stone Spaulders
HDYE-QHYG-YG73-H9XW-MJ3Y

Not my thing, so enjoy your cosmetics.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I guess no one wants the Raptr pet. One last shot, if no one emails me by midnight tomorrow I'll just use it for myself. Or e-bay, I wonder how much these go for.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Kreczor posted:

I guess no one wants the Raptr pet. One last shot, if no one emails me by midnight tomorrow I'll just use it for myself. Or e-bay, I wonder how much these go for.

Emailed you. :)

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
With the switch to f2p, do you guys think it'd be possible to create a secondary raid group for us EU players? At least a core group even if it means pugging the rest?

I want to raid, too :smith:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
There have been attempts to run EU time raids but they're hard to do outside of weekends.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Zoness posted:

Something about trying to do ID tonight maybe.

I'll try to be on for it too. Come see the horrifying love between two terrifying dragons.

Oh that sounds like fun.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So question bout the op it says if You own the game its f2p now is that even if you unsubbed?

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So question bout the op it says if You own the game its f2p now is that even if you unsubbed?

Yeah, this is if you owned the game at all ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

With the switch to f2p, do you guys think it'd be possible to create a secondary raid group for us EU players? At least a core group even if it means pugging the rest?

I want to raid, too :smith:

Please please please. Raids in Rift are really fun but I don't like having to play at 3AM for them (when I'll most likely forget about them because of Tera)

• Locked thread