Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea Brad Pitt had face-blindness.

Until next week when he picks up sexsomnia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
Episode is up, but it went from being the wrong episode with the wrong description, to being the right description still with the wrong episode.

Don't get me wrong, that schoolboy q song is dope, but I'd sure like the actual ep

Edit: Jonathan's cell works, I texted him and he fixed it. Pretty cool

SaxMaverick fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 29, 2013

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Haha, I emailed him a link to that song a couple weeks ago, I wonder if that's how he heard about it.

Maybe he'll use Dawson's Christian next.

edit: wait, he didn't even use that song as an intro or outro? that's a crazy mix-up.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 29, 2013

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

dvorak posted:

Haha, I emailed him a link to that song a couple weeks ago, I wonder if that's how he heard about it.

Maybe he'll use Dawson's Christian next.

edit: wait, he didn't even use that song as an intro or outro? that's a crazy mix-up.

If you're talking about the schoolboy song, he used it two weeks ago

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I meant this Schoolboy Q song actually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGd9DTTrX4U

Also Seth was right. I put that video on YouTube for myself, marked private so no one else could see it and yep.

dvorak fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 30, 2013

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

That fuckin' timing. Lol.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 31, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Came across this auto-generated UYD playlist on Youtube, seems pretty thorough for something that was automatically put together.

VV Wasn't someone in this thread joking about a UYD station in GTA 5? It would probably work better in the Saints' Row world, to be honest.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 31, 2013

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My dream: a UYD station in a Saints Row game.

I think it's a good match.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I think UYD would work better as a podcast in either of those games :colbert:

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Boatswain posted:

I think UYD would work better as a podcast in either of those games :colbert:

Videogames' first dancecast.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

Videogames' first dancecast.

No but seriously radio would gently caress up their groove completely, Jah & Seth are Rubens to our crayons.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
Just think about how radio segments are basically time compressed in a game like that: an hour takes like what, 6-10 minutes? That would be perfect for a blast of the boys with what I imagine to a be a "commercial" either written by or approved by them interspersed. You would likely be off doing some other poo poo in the meantime anyway, unless you decided to park your mysteriously coincidental rusty Plomuth SunDart under an overpass in the rain to listen to the radio.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

unless you decided to park your mysteriously coincidental rusty Plomuth SunDart under an overpass in the rain to listen to the radio.

Isn't that what all of us did in GTA3?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

beep by grandpa posted:

Isn't that what all of us did in GTA3?

I spent a lot of time in Vice City as a stoned teenager just driving around and listening to the radio. Funnily enough, I spent a lot of time as a stoned teenager doing that in real life as well.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
For a stolen videogame car, it seems to be very sincere.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Being a very recent convert to the podcast and trawling through the back episodes, I have a question for long term fans.

The funniest parts of the cast for me are the bits when seth pretends to defend awful stuff that happens in florida (or where ever). Obviously I'm a new UYD listener and relatively recent goon.

Was the florida gif in any way related too UYD or was the internet just in agreement back then with all the ridiculous stories coming out?

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Jippa posted:

Being a very recent convert to the podcast and trawling through the back episodes, I have a question for long term fans.

The funniest parts of the cast for me are the bits when seth pretends to defend awful stuff that happens in florida (or where ever). Obviously I'm a new UYD listener and relatively recent goon.

Was the florida gif in any way related too UYD or was the internet just in agreement back then with all the ridiculous stories coming out?

Not that I know of. I wasn't on SA in 2006 but even in that year I remember Florida being a minor internet punching bag, and when I signed up for SA in early 08, people shat on Florida but I never heard of UYD in connection with it.

I remember specifically that gif of Florida being sawed off by Bugs coming up in LF a lot because Florida was perceived as backward and a general liability in elections(see: 2000)

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Adam Carolla was also doing a bit about weird Florida stories prior to 2006, I think.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The white man calls her flute playing: the wind.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jippa posted:

Florida is just kind of hosed up.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Yesterday, did the kindergarten children watch television after breakfast?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

nub posted:

Yesterday, did the kindergarten children watch television after breakfast?

Amazing avatar.

Todd Forklift
Dec 19, 2006

30:11 - Seth and Jah read Bruno's Playboy interview for the upcoming Live Free Or Die Hard

http://uhhyeahdude.com/audio/podcast/Episode%2068%20Jun%208th%202007.mp3

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hahahahahaha yesss I listened to this last summer and thought about posting it. This is pretty much everything I love about UYD right there. I was loving dying listening to that.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
gently caress me I some times feel so guilty for laughing at these awful stories. The "naked tickler" cracked me up.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Jippa posted:

fark.com (It's Not News, It's Fark.Com) had a special tag for stories originating from Florida as of like 99 or 2000 (and holy hell they still have it http://www.fark.com/topic/florida)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Florida stuff is nothing new. I'm pretty sure I've read a quote from some 1800s California dude making fun of all the people moving out there because they think it'll turn their life around for the better.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

At least we have a good sense of humor about it. The stories that cracked me up the most were the ones from my home town.

Todd Forklift
Dec 19, 2006

Weck's recap of the gas-leak fight is a lot funnier than the actual episode

quote:

Jah proposes to go adopt a baby (39:18), which Seth finds ridiculous; Jah says there’s too many babies (41:12) but Seth says that’s not the point, then sets Jahnny off by saying he treats kids like a litter of dogs (41:19); Seth argues that the most important thing is making the kid, Jah says raising the kid is the most important thing; Seth says it’s the most epic thing you could ever do (44:56), but Jah says mushrooms at a Jerry band show is the most epic thing; Jah gets pissed at Seth for saying he looks at a human being the same way he looks at a dog (45:53), says he wants to turn the podcast off and never turn it on again; then reiterates his pissedoffedness (48:49)

51:02 – Jah admits he hates God, then plugs Zeitgeistmovie.com

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Todd Forklift posted:

Weck's recap of the gas-leak fight is a lot funnier than the actual episode

holy poo poo

that sounds amazing

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

Dr. Witherbone posted:

holy poo poo

that sounds amazing

Is that sarcasm or have you not heard ep 89?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

nub posted:

Is that sarcasm or have you not heard ep 89?

I started listening from one a few months ago and have been dreading/anticipating the gas leak fight as I have been creeping through the 80s eps. I need to make sure I'm in a good place so it doesn't make me have a bad trip.

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?

Dr. Witherbone posted:

holy poo poo

that sounds amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBv2UuTduxI

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I have not heard this since my first run through. Knowing now what is going on just makes it incredible.

quote:

You know what your problem is? You're so hosed up with dogs that you think a kid is a dog. And it ain't some sort of like litter of poo poo that you adopt to save it. It, it's so beyond that in every way shape or form.

quote:

IT'S NOT A DOG!!!

quote:

And the fact that you, at this point know me well enough and would still say that I look at a loving human being the same way I look at a dog makes me want to turn this loving thing off and never do another podcast with you again

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 4, 2013

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Seth shows how awesome he is during that fight because as soon as Jon becomes super hostile he switches from his persona on the show to being a good friend and trying to calm down this crazy lunatic as the only actual sane person in the room :stare:

I feel like Jon didn't really believe what he was saying there at all and was just spouting off that bullshit to be hip and above it all and intellectually being all about the destination maaaaan.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't feel like listening to it again, but I remember not agreeing with Seth's logic either, at least as the beginning of the argument.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dudes gently caress, I saw it on a t-shirt.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Brokkake barbeque, bros only.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beep by grandpa posted:

Seth shows how awesome he is during that fight because as soon as Jon becomes super hostile he switches from his persona on the show to being a good friend and trying to calm down this crazy lunatic as the only actual sane person in the room :stare:

I feel like Jon didn't really believe what he was saying there at all and was just spouting off that bullshit to be hip and above it all and intellectually being all about the destination maaaaan.

If I remember correctly he's got an adopted sister, or papa Larroquette adopted his wife's daughter or something, so maybe it just hit kind of close to home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I guess the question is whether Seth was trolling or actually has that horrible opinion.