Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Illusionis posted:

Just bit the bullet and decided to go for a Dungeon Crawler pledge, still not sure if I`m going to keep it, go for a king or try to switch to pro player, anyway this game looks pretty neat and is filling a desire I never knew I had before Heartstone was published and this just looks like a much more involved and deeper version of it.

Edit: Also Omen of Oblivion looks like a pretty neat removal. If I`m reading that right it will let you read your opponents entire deck and then deny their best card, and do it again once that card drops, with my limited experience that seems pretty crazy

Eh, I'd rather use it wraps of the void than anything. Play my best card for free the moment I draw it? Thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

It looks like an amazing card for draft. See exactly what surprises my opponent's deck has and get rid of one of their bombs? Yes please! (Of course, that's talking as a Magic novice...)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Twitch stream starts in 15 minutes, and there are already people in chat addressing questions.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

pumpinglemma posted:

It looks like an amazing card for draft. See exactly what surprises my opponent's deck has and get rid of one of their bombs? Yes please! (Of course, that's talking as a Magic novice...)

Yeah, in drafts I would love to take that card. For standard, where most cards in your opponent's deck are going to be 4-ofs, tagging a single copy they may never even get around to drawing is incredibly weak.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
According to HexTCG on twitch stream Omen of oblivion does not trigger a suffle on your opponents decks, so you will know what your opponent is going to play for every turn and you will be able to know everything they will draw for every turn, and deny their best card.

Seems to me that it will be changed or it will be one of the best cards in the set.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Illusionis posted:

According to HexTCG on twitch stream Omen of oblivion does not trigger a suffle on your opponents decks, so you will know what your opponent is going to play for every turn and you will be able to know everything they will draw for every turn, and deny their best card.

Seems to me that it will be changed or it will be one of the best cards in the set.

If it creates a new copy, and doesn't trigger a shuffle, wouldn't you just play it on their top card no matter what it is, and continue playing it on their top card every time which would never allow them to draw again?

Even if they play a card that says "draw three cards" you would STILL void all three as it sounds like it triggers the moment they draw the first of the three.

That has to be a bug or something, especially with the equipment.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?

Illusionis posted:

I thought they said the exact opposite in the chat. Otherwise it would obviously be broken.

EDIT: Aaaand technical difficulties. :v:

EDIT 2: V They said outright that it triggers a shuffle. Though you have a good point; they could hypothetically do it that way. Though I suppose that would make it easier for the Omen player to determine what's in hand, rather than leaving things in the current shuffle order so that you have to piece it together yourself? This is assuming that the deck fits into some archetype with a pretty well-known decklist, of course. And, as it is, I figure Omen is more of a sideboard card for when a deck relies on tutoring/drawing into a 1/2-of or something.

All Nines fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 4, 2013

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
They can show you the deck without revealing when the chosen card would be drawn or needing to shuffle it, perk of it being a digital TCG.

Just because you can see it doesn't mean it's in that order.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Presumably they also give you a nice view of the deck sorted by type as well, otherwise it might take a while when someone plays the card...

Foma
Oct 1, 2004
Hello, My name is Lip Synch. Right now, I'm making a post that is anti-bush or something Micheal Moore would be proud of because I and the rest of my team lefty friends (koba1t included) need something to circle jerk to.
I am having trouble understanding why gold has any value in the game.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You can buy PvE stuff with it. So it depends on how much people end up valuing PvE \/:v:\/

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

The Moon Monster posted:

You can buy PvE stuff with it. So it depends on how much people end up valuing PvE \/:v:\/

You can buy packs with it, it has value outside of PvE.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Zurai posted:

You can buy packs with it, it has value outside of PvE.

No, you're thinking of platinum. Gold is only used in PvE and the auction house.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
So your keep is going to basically be your 'main account' with characters you create being part of that keep who share those same resources. Now I'm curious to see what all upgrading it does.

Ended up switching from Collector to DC. Just seems more useful in the long run and I'll probably do PvE more than PvP if it's decent considering my free time.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Only if people put packs on the Auction House and ask for gold though, right?

Do we know with the Auction House whether you can specify gold / platinum as the cost of an item? Whether it forces you into one or the other depending on the product?

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Looks like there was some bug that prevented the live streaming matches to go on today.

They just said on stream they'll be fixing it and re-doing the showmatches tomorrow at 5pm.

Same Hex time. Same hex channel.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

No, you're thinking of platinum. Gold is only used in PvE and the auction house.

I havn't listened to the interview, but:

King Burgundy posted:

FYI, there was some discussion up thread about whether or not you'd be able to farm pve, sell the stuff you get on the AH and use that money to buy pvp packs(making even the pvp side potentially FreeToPlay). This interview confirms that is a thing that you can do.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Daeno posted:

Looks like there was some bug that prevented the live streaming matches to go on today.

They just said on stream they'll be fixing it and re-doing the showmatches tomorrow at 5pm.

Same Hex time. Same hex channel.

Have they said they would be continuing the card reveals talk today? I might have missed it, is all. Because they're still discussing the decks now, which is cool enough when they're revealing something new.

God, the chat is so annoying.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

You can do that, but by selling PVE cards or equipment in the platinum auction house and then using the platinum to buy boosters rather than buying boosters with gold.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

All Nines posted:

Have they said they would be continuing the card reveals talk today? I might have missed it, is all. Because they're still discussing the decks now, which is cool enough when they're revealing something new.

God, the chat is so annoying.

They stated that they would answer chat questions and go over the decks until 6pm I believe.

Not sure if they are continuing after that...

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Okay. Thanks!

With as little as I know about software and stuff, I can't be too upset about this.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Grim posted:

Only if people put packs on the Auction House and ask for gold though, right?

Do we know with the Auction House whether you can specify gold / platinum as the cost of an item? Whether it forces you into one or the other depending on the product?

I believe you pick what you're selling for.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
And it's over. Unfortunately, I didn't see any answer my question about customizing our custom champion's appearance. If I gotta look at some jerkwad on the corner of my screen in every match, I'd like it to be MY custom jerkwad.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Yeah, seems like a great deal of the good questions were ignored, thanks to no slow-mode chat and people in chat asking questions that have already been answered elsewhere.

Oh well, hopefully a better show tomorrow. They did say they are announcing the new streach goal in tomorrow's update as well, so there's that.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

One thing I was hoping they would mention, with the 1.8m stretch goal being met, was which author they had brought on, but they were pretty evasive about that (don't remember exactly what it was they said about why they couldn't reveal who that author is yet, though it was probably as good a reason as any).

Kairos
Oct 29, 2007

It's like taking a drug. At first it seems you can control it, but before you know it you'll be hooked.

My advice: 'Just say no' to communism.

All Nines posted:

One thing I was hoping they would mention, with the 1.8m stretch goal being met, was which author they had brought on, but they were pretty evasive about that (don't remember exactly what it was they said about why they couldn't reveal who that author is yet, though it was probably as good a reason as any).

They said they were negotiating with said author's agent. There's still a chance that they won't be able to come to an agreement, in which case they'll have to find someone else. So it's better not to wind people up about it yet.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Kairos posted:

They said they were negotiating with said author's agent. There's still a chance that they won't be able to come to an agreement, in which case they'll have to find someone else. So it's better not to wind people up about it yet.

Right. Fair enough. I guess the update about it just gave me more of the impression that they were already on board and that the contract just had to be finished up, rather than that they were still in negotiations with the author's agent.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Also, according to that stream, apparently some cards can be reduced to 0-cost, but others can't. That's... really weird and I wish they'd either just allow it in all cases or deny it in all cases.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

BenRGamer posted:

Also, according to that stream, apparently some cards can be reduced to 0-cost, but others can't. That's... really weird and I wish they'd either just allow it in all cases or deny it in all cases.

The impression I've gotten so far is that PvE cards can go to 0 but PvP cards can't, but I don't have a quote on that.

PurpleLizardWizard
Jun 11, 2012
My assumption would be that a card's cost can't be reduced to 0 by outside factors, but that cards can have inherent effects of their own that might let you cast them for free. Spectral Assassin at the very least lists a condition that if met lets you play the card for free.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

BenRGamer posted:

And it's over. Unfortunately, I didn't see any answer my question about customizing our custom champion's appearance. If I gotta look at some jerkwad on the corner of my screen in every match, I'd like it to be MY custom jerkwad.

I don't think there's going to be any customization of champions as far as physical appearance.

Taken from the website:

quote:

Your champion’s art changes as well as you go from level 1 to 50.

So I think your portrait is the only thing that changes.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

katkillad2 posted:

I don't think there's going to be any customization of champions as far as physical appearance.

Taken from the website:

So I think your portrait is the only thing that changes.

I was thinking less crazy things like maybe a couple of different portraits per class with some Borderlands 2-esque color schemes, nothing too major, just something you can use to give your champion a personal touch.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I found a nugget amongst the poo poo on the official Hex forums:

Cryptozoic posted:

If you have two Raid Leaders that have entered a raid each player will still only start with 1 Raid Leader's Blessing card in play, but will have +2 cards in their opening hand
I always assumed it would be fixed at +1, kind of interesting

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Wonder if that will go up to +3 if it's a full Raid Leader party.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

BenRGamer posted:

I think what was said on the stream was that a card could be reduced to zero cost by cards with random effects, but not by deterministic cards like Dream Dance.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

Foma posted:

I am having trouble understanding why gold has any value in the game.

This is the thing I keep coming back to. What is going to be the big gold sink in this game, so that gold doesn't just continuously inflate? Buying cards and platinum on the AH just moves the gold around, so there has to be something worthwhile to take gold out of the system at a rate comparable to how quickly it enters, otherwise prices will just keep going up and up.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Welp went in at DC.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Kakesu posted:

This is the thing I keep coming back to. What is going to be the big gold sink in this game, so that gold doesn't just continuously inflate? Buying cards and platinum on the AH just moves the gold around, so there has to be something worthwhile to take gold out of the system at a rate comparable to how quickly it enters, otherwise prices will just keep going up and up.

Crafting presumably will have a gold sink attached to it. I imagine the keep will as well.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Al Baron posted:

Wonder if that will go up to +3 if it's a full Raid Leader party.

Jesus. That'll be insane for combo decks. 10 card opening hands. Christ. Seems like raid leader will trivialize a lot of PvE content, because they can't really balance around people having it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Cynic Jester posted:

Jesus. That'll be insane for combo decks. 10 card opening hands. Christ. Seems like raid leader will trivialize a lot of PvE content, because they can't really balance around people having it.

They can have a raid where you use precon decks and that bonus would not be as strong because of optimized decks.

• Locked thread