Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The SARS Volta posted:

So are they your typical "model-grade" North East Lincolnshire girls then?

Young's fish of the day, mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Screen Error posted:

Did he really? Thats disgraceful, why has no-one heard about this before now?

I know it was mentioned on Football Weekly over a year ago when he first bought the club, it's only bubbled up in fits and spurts because they're in Wales and were in the Championship. As to why? Too many clubs are thinking they can ride on the coattails of the Premier League and the established big clubs. A lot of the Malaysians with money are descended from Chinese, hence the superstitions, and awful taste in kit design to boot.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Don't see how awful kit design is particularly Malaysian. It's not batik. Should be though.

fake edit: wait for the team sarong reveal?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The "design" of the Cardiff shirt is totally inoffensive, it's just a terrible promo picture. If it was a tight shirt on a mannequin no-one would be freaking out.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

harperdc posted:

I know it was mentioned on Football Weekly over a year ago when he first bought the club, it's only bubbled up in fits and spurts because they're in Wales and were in the Championship. As to why? Too many clubs are thinking they can ride on the coattails of the Premier League and the established big clubs. A lot of the Malaysians with money are descended from Chinese, hence the superstitions, and awful taste in kit design to boot.

Protip he was being sarcastic and when it happened there was a shitload of discussion about it because it's a lovely and fairly unprecedented thing to do

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wasn't being sarcastic at all and that post is exactly the sort of excellent investigative journalism that TRP needs more of

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Hoops posted:

The "design" of the Cardiff shirt is totally inoffensive, it's just a terrible promo picture. If it was a tight shirt on a mannequin no-one would be freaking out.

I, for one, hate the collar

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

The Cardiff City season ticket holders picked black shorts. So I guess it's slightly less lovely now (it's still lovely).

Hahaha Real Madrid's new font:

ShutteredIn fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 31, 2013

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
There should have been a write in vote for blue shorts.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Starsnostars posted:

There should have been a write in vote for blue kits.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Hoops posted:

The collar is poo poo and the original kit had clashing versions of red the looked bad. Also, the logo is a country, which is basically a rich dude flaunting his wealth, he hasn't even bothered to plug his company which would somehow be more respectable.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Seltzer posted:

The collar is poo poo and the original kit had clashing versions of red the looked bad. Also, the logo is a country, which is basically a rich dude flaunting his wealth, he hasn't even bothered to plug his company which would somehow be more respectable.
I suppose Barca were also massive cunts for putting UNICEF on their shirts when they could have gotten Microsoft or some fuckwad of a company.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Vegetable posted:

I suppose Barca were also massive cunts for putting UNICEF on their shirts when they could have gotten Microsoft or some fuckwad of a company.

What? Unicef and Malaysia are not in the same realm of sponsors. I think you misread my post.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Seltzer posted:

What? Unicef and Malaysia are not in the same realm of sponsors. I think you misread my post.
Neither sponsor earns profit, so the owners are both effectively "flaunting [their] wealth". I don't see why is that an issue at all.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Neither sponsor earns profit, so the owners are both effectively "flaunting [their] wealth". I don't see why is that an issue at all.

Unicef is a charity. The other one is a dude saying yo I rep Malaysia.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Doesn't Malaysia have a national team?

Edit: just checked and they have a blue away kit too, but no red kit.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 31, 2013

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

This makes absolutely no sense.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Vegetable posted:

One of them pays to be on the shirt (or well, a guy pays to get it on there), the other one doesn't. Pretty big difference right there.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Mash posted:

One of them pays to be on the shirt (or well, a guy pays to get it on there), the other one doesn't. Pretty big difference right there.
Neither pays to be on the shirt. Tan (and his friends) owns the club; he doesn't pay a dime to print what he wants on the shirt.

Guy's a patriot, he pays money to advertise his country. It's clearly meant to boost Cardiff's profile in Malaysia as well. Why does that make the shirt less respectable?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

ShutteredIn posted:

No loving way

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ShutteredIn posted:

Sevilla already beat them to the "Silly scrawled font on a Spanish team's top" race a few years back:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Whatever kit Sevilla have, it'll always be too big for Jesus Navas.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 1, 2013

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This is well smart

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Hegav posted:

No loving way

It is not even that bad, but the logo inside each number looks like dogshit.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Frankston posted:

This is well smart

Yeah it's nice, shame they got a 45-year old man to model it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Not sure how I feel about the new Dons kit. At least the shorts are the same shade as the top, though.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

ShutteredIn posted:

The Cardiff City season ticket holders picked black shorts. So I guess it's slightly less lovely now (it's still lovely).

this has got to be bollocks, every cardiff fan would vote for blue shorts

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Chas McGill posted:

Not sure how I feel about the new Dons kit. At least the shorts are the same shade as the top, though.

It's alright but I hate those pointed collars

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

tbp posted:

It's alright but I hate those pointed collars

The pointed hair is poo poo as well.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

ShutteredIn posted:

Perez is obviously a big fan of The Simpsons

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

poty posted:

Perez is obviously a big fan of The Simpsons

Wish Madrid would use the 2002 font forever, that's horrible.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Frankston posted:

This is well smart

away's quite nice too

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud
I hate when the adidas stripes extend beyond the shoulder, makes the sleeves bunch up like I'm wearing massive shoulder pads.

Also, guess England is heading for a rule that sponsors can only be betting houses or currency traders.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

sticksy posted:

Sevilla already beat them to the "Silly scrawled font on a Spanish team's top" race a few years back:

Sevilla wore their new Warrior shirts today and this is more or less back

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Chas McGill posted:

Is Considine trying to imitate Elvis or something? He's getting laughed at next time I see him in Tesco on King's Street.

Welshy
Oct 13, 2006
Towel
Just saw the new cardiff shirt :wtc: This kit and logo just look so cheep

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
The red/different red Cardiff kit looks like what your dementia-addled grandmother would buy at a thrift store if you told her you wanted a Liverpool kit for Christmas.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
New Greece shirt

Standard, boring, not-poo poo Nike template

Bournemouth's new kits

Now for some Warrior gear!
Seville get this

And new pictures of Liverpool's away

It's so bad

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Warrior makes some ugly garbage lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

vaginal culture posted:

Warrior makes some ugly garbage lol

So does your mam.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)