Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Medullah posted:

Yep, I think the Black Talon orange gear is some of the best looking in the game...my 55 Merc and 55 Marauder in full 66 purples are still wearing the chest pieces from Black Talon. The Agent one is a nice basic trenchcoat but I think it fits snipers better than operatives.

Yeah same goes for the Esseles I think, it's not quite as strong as the imp gear but some of the later Sage outfits for example look pretty bad.

The good thing about it is that you get the good looking stuff right at the start if you're lucky I guess ? :v:

(For my agent I got lucky in... I think it was Hammer Station, almost the entire set dropped and it's a nice looking Imperial Intelligence uniform.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Murodese posted:

What's the most OP as poo poo class at the moment? Played as a Sniper back at release until the great exodus, and wouldn't mind playing through the republic storyline this time.
I'du say (dps) Trooper is probably your best bet for a class that can power through relatively unhindered. I wouldn't call it OP as such, but you wear heavy armor which cuts down a bit on the damage, and thus time wasted using your out-of-combat heal, you get a choice of AoE or single-target specs depending on your preference, and you get both a dps and a healer companion relatively early, allowing you to adjust as needed.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Cascul posted:

I've never run into that. Though I haven't been able to find a helm for her that is good and doesn't look horrible.

There's an orange headband you can get fairly early on (Sovereign Mind Headgear on Nar Shadaa maybe?) that's basically just a torc type of thing; I don't think it hides hoods like a full helmet would though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You can pick up an orange light armor headband from one of the coms vendor at Nar Shadda, yeah.

Too bad it clips through your lekku as a twi'lek though. I'd prefer something like that to the character creation "head" options.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah same goes for the Esseles I think, it's not quite as strong as the imp gear but some of the later Sage outfits for example look pretty bad.

The good thing about it is that you get the good looking stuff right at the start if you're lucky I guess ? :v:

(For my agent I got lucky in... I think it was Hammer Station, almost the entire set dropped and it's a nice looking Imperial Intelligence uniform.)

My agent used the imperial intelligence uniform you get from the Balmorra Bonus Series Heroics for the entire game too. I preferred that one to the Hammer Station one as I didn't like the purple tint on the Hammer Station outfit, and you don't need to get lucky or grind for it either.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Reveilled posted:

My agent used the imperial intelligence uniform you get from the Balmorra Bonus Series Heroics for the entire game too. I preferred that one to the Hammer Station one as I didn't like the purple tint on the Hammer Station outfit, and you don't need to get lucky or grind for it either.

Haven't gotten that one yet but I have to admit that the violet tint is the only thing bothering me about that uniform.

Then again I'm not too worried about my agent since they get really great looking stuff in my opinion. Even their cutscene blaster is one of the best blaster models. (But it's hard to beat a dashing uniform)

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
My sniper is wearing revan's chest piece with gold scalene everything else. It just looks right. If oly revan's cp had a dye module slot =x

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011
I was actually just about to post to ask whether there is a nice-looking chest piece that a Scoundrel can wear that isn't busy like the end game stuff is, and this thread kind of turned that way. I've been using the Esseles piece since level 10, which I do actually like. Hoever, it doesn't have a dye slot and it makes other gear (particularly pants) an unpleasant color if you match them to that chest piece.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

CommonSensei posted:

I was actually just about to post to ask whether there is a nice-looking chest piece that a Scoundrel can wear that isn't busy like the end game stuff is, and this thread kind of turned that way. I've been using the Esseles piece since level 10, which I do actually like. Hoever, it doesn't have a dye slot and it makes other gear (particularly pants) an unpleasant color if you match them to that chest piece.

Scoundrels can get nice long trenchcoats. I had bought one off the trade network for cheap, maybe take a look at it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

hobbesmaster posted:

Too bad it clips through your lekku as a twi'lek though. I'd prefer something like that to the character creation "head" options.

Twi'lek seem to get it really bad in this game. I went with the bare head option in character creation since having a single headpiece glued to you forever will eventually look dumb with whatever armor you settle on. And then you have the problem of wanting headgear so that the inevitable hood is hidden, but said headgear is going to clip horribly. :smithicide:

Reveilled posted:

If you can wait until the 40s you can get the TH-16A Master Medic gear, other than a goofy helmet it looks like an Imperial uniform and doesn't have any of the red or purple striping stuff going on. The head/chest/legs are world drops and the gloves/boots are 10 comms each on Voss. No belt or bracers in the set, though.

Another option is the RD-06B Eliminator stuff but I'm not a fan of the red on it.

CommonSensei posted:

Your best bet is to look through the medium armor listings on tor-fashion IMO.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 4, 2013

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

WarLocke posted:

Goddammit. Now I'm going to spend time browsing this thing to play dress-up with my virtual Star Wars dolls. I hope you're ashamed of yourself :smith:

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Scoundrels can get nice long trenchcoats. I had bought one off the trade network for cheap, maybe take a look at it.

Trenchcoats I could do. It's the outfits with a cape I don't really like.

WarLocke posted:

This is greatly helpful, thanks for this!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CommonSensei posted:

Leather Jacket.

It's called Drelliad or something.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
Anyone have a link to a video for what emote: beach party looks like? I have 2 of these things and the cheapest one I see on our gtn is 800k. What makes it so special?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Anyone have a link to a video for what emote: beach party looks like? I have 2 of these things and the cheapest one I see on our gtn is 800k. What makes it so special?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE3d2GHBuvQ&t=21s (I've only seen it once and I was kinda tired but I'm like 90% sure this is it.)

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011
drat just found this out this tidbit from a post from a service rep on the game's forums:

"Most of the gear in the game can be dyed, but here are some notable exceptions:
Most gear wearable below level 15
Most non-crafted Premium quality gear
Some Reputation Items
Some Lore Items (such as Darth Malak's Armor)"

Would totally dye the Drelliad Jacket that Aphrodite suggested otherwise. Guess that explains why the Esseles chest piece can't be dyed.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
When do you stop wearing orange/adaptable gear anyway? When you start picking up operation gear at level 55?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Rascyc posted:

When do you stop wearing orange/adaptable gear anyway? When you start picking up operation gear at level 55?
Why would you stop wearing them? Unless 55 Op gear is different, item set bonuses are attached to the armor mod so you can just rip those out and stick them into something else.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Rarity. 800k is about what I usually see them for as well.

Rascyc posted:

When you stop caring about how your character looks.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Nipponophile posted:

When you stop caring about how your character looks.

I refuse to believe this can happen.

Talking about looking good, does anyone have a blaster rifle he particularly likes ? I'd like to see some nice examples of that weapon class. I'm pondering the Commando/Vanguard dilemma.

Well it's more of a Commando/Powertech or Vanguard/Mercenary dilemma. I'm tending towards the first combination at the moment.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Al Baron posted:

Why would you stop wearing them? Unless 55 Op gear is different, item set bonuses are attached to the armor mod so you can just rip those out and stick them into something else.
I honestly don't know, hence the question. I thought the set bonuses were attached to the armor and not the mod. That is pretty cool and makes me feel a bit better about ever spending any money on collections.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

CommonSensei posted:

I leveled my scoundrel completely in drelliad chestpiece/leggings

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

Talking about looking good, does anyone have a blaster rifle he particularly likes ? I'd like to see some nice examples of that weapon class. I'm pondering the Commando/Vanguard dilemma.

I think this rifle sold on Tatooine is my favorite one that's easily available. It looks like an actual solid weapon instead of some of the stockless short-barreled things you get. I've currently got a Mercenary (pictured earlier in the thread) and a Vanguard who's still leveling. Going purely by weapon selection, Powertech definitely gets the short end of the stick, having only a single blaster pistol. Body type 3 and 4 Powertechs in particular look hilariously underarmed.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

CommonSensei posted:

There's a version on Nar Shaddaa (or possibly even Coruscant or Taris, I don't remember) that's dark blue and brown, instead of that olive drab color. Looks 50 times better, imo.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Personally, I think Operatives would look a lot better using pistols instead of rifles.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
TOR fashion just set me up with some awesome robes for my Shadow Tank, they look just like the Jedi Master robes from KOTOR. I will say one thing...I have no desire to play a Jedi Knight since I went with Sith Warrior, but drat, I do love the Jedi Knight armor style - robes over plain-ish looking hard armor is something I've been wanting since KOTOR. Is there any Medium or Adaptive armor on the Imp side that looks like it? I know there's one Adaptive set, but you need standing with the Contraband Resale corp, and that's not happening.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ravenfood posted:

Personally, I think Operatives would look a lot better using pistols instead of rifles.

Everyone looks better with guns. Since I'm not body type 3 or 4 and really like the flame thrower I guess I'll go powertech/commando.

Red Crown posted:

robes over plain-ish looking hard armor

Yeah that's one of the reasons I always planned to make a Knight. Those armors just look so... right.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

If I buy the golden scalene armor from the CM, and then unlock it in my legacy, is there any limit as to how many I can have? Because I'd have fun dressing every companion up in it.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The character that bought it will be able to make as many copies of it as you want. All are bound and non-sellable, but you can indeed outfit your whole squad. If you pay the additional Collections CC cost, your other characters will be able to do so as well.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Doc Dee posted:

There's a version on Nar Shaddaa (or possibly even Coruscant or Taris, I don't remember) that's dark blue and brown, instead of that olive drab color. Looks 50 times better, imo.

My scoundrel is sporting the Gunslinger's Prototype Jacket. There's a screenshot at that link as well. I just checked and it's not dyeable, but it's totally not necessary! The pic is a little dark from that link. It's basically blue, with some tan accent pieces. When you color match your gear to it, the pants usually come out a light brown or dark brown color... works pretty well usually.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Red Crown posted:

TOR fashion just set me up with some awesome robes for my Shadow Tank, they look just like the Jedi Master robes from KOTOR. I will say one thing...I have no desire to play a Jedi Knight since I went with Sith Warrior, but drat, I do love the Jedi Knight armor style - robes over plain-ish looking hard armor is something I've been wanting since KOTOR. Is there any Medium or Adaptive armor on the Imp side that looks like it? I know there's one Adaptive set, but you need standing with the Contraband Resale corp, and that's not happening.

I can't think of an imperial medium armor that looks like that, but there's a crafted orange called a Marauder Vest I think that is a simple red robe with a black shirt under it, No armor, but at least robey without the ridiculous.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T

Stan S. Stanman posted:

My scoundrel is sporting the Gunslinger's Prototype Jacket. There's a screenshot at that link as well. I just checked and it's not dyeable, but it's totally not necessary! The pic is a little dark from that link. It's basically blue, with some tan accent pieces. When you color match your gear to it, the pants usually come out a light brown or dark brown color... works pretty well usually.

THAT'S THE ONE, I think it'll probably work out for my Gunslinger for the rest of the game, due to him being a Thundercat of a similar brown color.

Also, I had my first lootjacker in Black Talon today. I was an Op in a group with two Mercs and a Powertech, Advanced Skill Barrel came up in the chest right before going to the Brentaal Star, one of the Mercs also chose Need and ended up getting it. I asked if I could have it, he bailed on the FP right away.

This is the first "BAD" experience I've had, does it get worse as you level up?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

KittyEmpress posted:

If I buy the golden scalene armor from the CM, and then unlock it in my legacy, is there any limit as to how many I can have? Because I'd have fun dressing every companion up in it.

Nope, you can print out as many as you want. They're not vendorable, so they're essentially worthless for anything but dress up. Knock yourself out!

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Doc Dee posted:

THAT'S THE ONE, I think it'll probably work out for my Gunslinger for the rest of the game, due to him being a Thundercat of a similar brown color.

Also, I had my first lootjacker in Black Talon today. I was an Op in a group with two Mercs and a Powertech, Advanced Skill Barrel came up in the chest right before going to the Brentaal Star, one of the Mercs also chose Need and ended up getting it. I asked if I could have it, he bailed on the FP right away.

This is the first "BAD" experience I've had, does it get worse as you level up?

It's a grab bag. Yesterday I had a Knight Need on a Willpower item, it took him ages to finally say "oh uh my companion can use it". Sheesh. If it isn't blindingly obvious that an item is for my class/spec, I ask if I can Need on it. 90% of the time though, things go well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Red Crown posted:

It's a grab bag. Yesterday I had a Knight Need on a Willpower item, it took him ages to finally say "oh uh my companion can use it". Sheesh. If it isn't blindingly obvious that an item is for my class/spec, I ask if I can Need on it. 90% of the time though, things go well.

I just had a Marauder need on a willpower piece because his guild mate was grouped with us needed it, so "two chances of getting it are better than one!"

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
Man I can't stop changing looks on my Marauder, picked up an honor sword for a decent price and grabbed a troubleker's duster to go with it. People may have hated on 2.1 but I love being able to change looks and species whenever I want. :swoon:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Something always feels wrong with regular swords instead of light sabers for jedi.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Something always feels wrong with regular swords instead of light sabers for jedi.

I feel the same way, I am sitting on an unbound honour sword because I just can't bring myself to swap out a LS for it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I had not seen the Honor Sword before, looks kinda cool :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I'd like it better if two of them would appear on your back if dual wielding, Leonardo style.

• Locked thread