Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

hitension posted:

(which as Grand Fromage noted is actually famous famous and not just "stop trying to make your 特产 happen, it's never going to happen" famous)

特產 literally means 'special product,' but it's more like 'local specialty' or 'delicacy' if it's a food item. It's like a Philly cheesesteak in Philadelphia, New York bagel, Champagne champagne, Burgundian burgundy, Gouda or Limburger cheese, Kobe beef, Trappist beer, Florida orange juice, San Francisco sourdough, Viennese schnitzel, Belgian waffles, Swiss chocolate and I'm getting bored of typing these. But yeah, local produce is not especially Chinese.

What is especially Chinese is an idea that was copied from the Japanese 一村一品運動 One Village, One Product Movement from the 80s, where they decided to develop the countryside by making sure that every village had its own local specialty. That's what hitension means by "it's never going to happen," is these local specialties can be very hamfisted and not at all local or special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

...I'm not sure she intended to put in there but it could be that she's so good at sex people die???

Nah, that's third wave feminism right there.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I found the SCMP-est article ever. For those of you not familiar with Hong Kong’s media landscape, the South China Morning Post is definitely the better of the two English-language dailies, the other being the Standard, which is distributed free and a little bit more like a New York Post or Daily Mail-style paper. As such, the SCMP is the one that’s usually read by the international class: the expatriate bankers, the returnees, the highly literate local elites and their ilk. This article really shows the world that they live in:

SCMP posted:

I grew up in this melting pot of cultures; rich, varied and, most notably, colour-blind. In Hong Kong, multiculturalism is not a label, dogma or an insult; it's a way of life. A multicultural upbringing is not the result of "bad policymaking". Of the 6.4 per cent "other" nationalities in our population of just over 7 million, friends are inevitably from, well, everywhere: Indonesia, Canada, Singapore, Japan, France, India, Pakistan, America. Weekends are spent dancing to Bollywood hits, devouring homemade pad thai and watching Woody Allen films.

The mixed cultures result in a sort of ethnological Disneyland, and many comment on the fact that "Hong Kong people just don't have an identity".

But is that such a bad thing? Can a lack of any one identity somehow lead to a more equal society?

It's easy to account for our "identity crisis", given the city's colonial roots and its rebirth as a special administrative region, with a government that is no longer tied to Britain and has a "high degree of autonomy". This suggests that existing rules about relations between different ethnicities have been dissolved; just take the common acceptance of mixed-race marriage.

Discrimination still exists but, as the Equal Opportunities Commission's awareness survey has found, it is largely in areas relating to age and sex, or in the working environment.

Most of the remnants of Hong Kong's colonial past can be found within the education system. To don a school uniform still gives one an elevated social status, largely because of students' assumed ability to speak English fluently. Regardless of whether you are among the 2.2 per cent in private schools, this view is shared by many, including government officials who this year approved total annual expenditure on education of over HK$63 billion, notwithstanding the fact that sons of top bureaucrats frequently study abroad.

When they head off to Britain, for example, the Hong Kong student faces a few unsettling realities: the clear division of race and class, accompanied by prevalent racism, is bewildering - surely to be a modern citizen is to be an international one?

The recent hand-wringing and angst that resulted from the World Values Survey, that revealed (in the end) that 27 per cent of Hongkongers were racist (or at least "intolerant") doesn't reveal anything concrete, in my view. If the city is so unaccepting of "the other", why do people still come? Curry houses continue to pop up, World Vibes, a show on world music on RTHK Radio 3, continues to be broadcast and Diwali balls continue to make their mark at international schools.

Perhaps we also need to examine ethnic minorities' tolerance of Hongkongers. Do they attempt to integrate themselves into society? So far, this has been a one-sided argument. It should be remembered that Hong Kong is more diverse and democratic than any other city.

We should disregard any politician's view of multiculturalism and go back to the roots of the word's meaning, that is, "relating to or containing several cultural or ethnic groups within society". The way forward lies in reclaiming the word for ourselves.

Jingan Young is a Hong Kong-born playwright and freelance writer currently reading for a master's in creative writing at Oxford

Those of you who live here or are even a little bit familiar with Hong Kong should be thinking “what the gently caress is he talking about, where has he ever met a Hong Konger who’s heard of Woody Allen?” Or the idea that Hong Kong is the most diverse and democratic city in the world? Hong Kong can’t even vote for the majority of its government. Hong Kong is more than 90% Cantonese-speaking Chinese. The only way you could possibly believe this is if you spent your whole damned life in a few select parts of Hong Kong Island.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Bloodnose posted:

quote:

I grew up in this melting pot of cultures; rich, varied and, most notably, colour-blind...Of the 6.4 per cent "other" nationalities in our population...

I don't really need any extra knowledge of Hong Kong to realize this guys full of it. These two fragments on their own would have told me that, and then the rest of the piece would have shouted it at me.

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Well he has his head up his arse.

"Ethnological Disneyland"? Snow White and the Seven Phillipino Domestic Workers perhaps.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Curry houses continue to pop up, all of which were opened by recent immigrants who came to Hong Kong because of its accepting cosmopolitan nature, not because they were born there.

quote:

Discrimination still exists but, as the Equal Opportunities Commission's awareness survey has found, it is largely in areas relating to age and sex, or in the working environment.

So, basically in areas relating to almost everything.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I wonder how that guy rationalizes the treatment of Filipinos with his belief that Hong Kong isn't racist.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
They aren't being treated badly because they're Filipinos, but because they are actually inferior as individuals.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Filipinos are people?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Also my time in Singapore was limited, but it seemed like it would blow Hong Kong out of the water in multiculturalism rankings. And it isn't even that far away.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

But Singapore is also an authoritarian police state. But on the other hand it's much, much less corrupt. And rule of law actually means something over there.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

But Singapore is also an authoritarian police state. But on the other hand it's much, much less corrupt. And rule of law actually means something over there.

As far as city states go, Singapore doesn't really care about personal freedom but are nuts for economic freedom and encouraging international investment.

Even at age 10ish I didn't see what the big deal was with them wanting to cane some rear end in a top hat American tourist for vandalism. It was the inspiration for a Simpsons episode about Bart getting 'booted' in Australia so it must have had some positive effect.

Pro-PRC Laowai
Sep 30, 2004

by toby

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Singapore also doesn't live in broom closets and chicken coops :)

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

MeramJert posted:

Also my time in Singapore was limited, but it seemed like it would blow Hong Kong out of the water in multiculturalism rankings. And it isn't even that far away.
The multicultural ethos in Singapore is increasingly less applicable to foreigners, especially those from the Philippines, India, or mainland China. Attitudes towards these groups are becoming similar to those in HK, although the dislike of mainlanders is more muted.

You also have to keep in mind that ethnic issues are a very, very sensitive topic in Singapore, given that it has a history of race riots up until the late 60s. The laws governing discourse in this area are very strict and people can and do get arrested for stepping out of bounds. In fact, a web cartoonist just got arrested for suggesting that certain groups are "more equal than others," although he did it in a very crude way.

Pro-PRC Laowai posted:

Singapore also doesn't live in broom closets and chicken coops :)
Some of the accommodations for foreign workers are not far off. There are a lot of abuses that stay under the radar given that the penalty for striking is arrest, jail time, and deportation - and it is enforced. Good news is that a few NGOs have emerged that are trying to bring attention to this.

Soy Division fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 30, 2013

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Barto posted:

I don't think every reference to wind and rain is necessarily sex, old sport.
"Sometimes wind and rain is just wind and rain." -Freud

As for Filipino slave labor, why do most domestic workers that are treated like poo poo come from there? I could understand going to Singapore because it's nearby, but why do they even bother going to the Middle East? Things can't be that bad in the Philippines, can it?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Y-Hat posted:

Things can't be that bad in the Philippines, can it?

Says the guy who obviously hasn't bothered to even check the wikipedia article.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

As for Filipino slave labor, why do most domestic workers that are treated like poo poo come from there? I could understand going to Singapore because it's nearby, but why do they even bother going to the Middle East? Things can't be that bad in the Philippines, can it?
You're already starting to see an increase in Burmese domestic workers, I have a feeling they might begin replacing the Filipinos over the next few years.

hitension
Feb 14, 2005

Hey guys, I learned Chinese so that I can write shame in another language
The economy of the Philippines is absolutely dependent on remittances
http://blogs.worldbank.org/eastasiapacific/remittances-and-the-philippines-economy-the-elephant-in-the-room

People in the Philippines also speak English (somewhat) and that is a useful skill in the M.E.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Y-Hat posted:

I can't speak to the the Middle East, but an unskilled Filipino woman can easily make twice as much money being a maid in Hong Kong as she could laboring back home, with the added bonus that her housing and food expenses are paid for (if you call their accommodations housing but hell it's a place to sleep), meaning that all of their income is also disposable/savable/remittable.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Also, most of these countries don't allow South Asians or Africans to get domestic worker visas, which helps to narrow the labor pool.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
The first Bangladeshi maids arrived in Hong Kong last month, but that's also related to Filipinas getting pricier and much more uppity. So now we have three official sources of maids, including Indonesia.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

hitension posted:

The economy of the Philippines is absolutely dependent on remittances
http://blogs.worldbank.org/eastasiapacific/remittances-and-the-philippines-economy-the-elephant-in-the-room

People in the Philippines also speak English (somewhat) and that is a useful skill in the M.E.

Somewhat? English was pretty great even in the backwoods and the ghetto when I was there.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Bloodnose posted:

I can't speak to the the Middle East, but an unskilled Filipino woman can easily make twice as much money being a maid in Hong Kong as she could laboring back home, with the added bonus that her housing and food expenses are paid for (if you call their accommodations housing but hell it's a place to sleep), meaning that all of their income is also disposable/savable/remittable.

The problem with the middle east is that the labor laws are really weak and employees are treated worse than hongers or Singaporeans...

It's really sad to see educated skilled Pinoys settling to be a domestic worker in Hong Kong. If you look at a few recruitment ads here you will see people with a bachelor's or some form of tertiary education. I don't even know employers want some one so educated to do menial work.

Some skilled workers do continue their job overseas and make decent wages but they are the few. Now we might ask why are people still so eager to come. Sometimes its just the lack of information. Luckily with the internet and and increased information people don't take the bait so easily.

A few nurses and care takes do get jobs in the local sector,but hk unions don't want Pinoys "stealing" their jobs. Even though there is a severe labour shortage in public hospitals. As someone who believes in race blind , equal opportunity exploitation, I think it's a pity we are not having more cheap guest workers and immigration.

Locals who want job protection based on race and not their skillset can go gently caress themselves.

caberham fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 31, 2013

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I have it on good authority that Pinoy food is terrible though so that might be an issue. Hong Kong may not be Sichuan (although that scallop broth was pretty good) but it's probably better than what they can get at home.

caberham posted:

Even though there is a severe labour shortage in public hospitals. As someone who believes in race blind , equal opportunity exploitation, I think it's a pity we are not having more cheap guest workers and immigration.

Like most capitalist solutions to problems, this sounds good if you don't think too hard about it but is really shortsighted. What is the domestic labor force supposed to do if their "race blind" employers decide to hire from somewhere else? This sort of policy is a direct ticket to creating a disgruntled underclass without a stake in the current system. Unlike a lot of middle-upper class professionals, I believe the "they terk er jerbs!" crew has a legitimate grievance.

Let's be honest: increased labor mobility tends to be increased when and where the elite ownership class desires it, and it's rarely bidirectional or equal-opportunity. Labor mobility increases in the direction that is convenient for elites and only in that direction. It may seem nice for the Filipinos or whoever*, but the net result is always depressed wages.

The key thing to grasp is that the elites who expedite the importation of foreign labor make no such arrangements for the export of soon-to-be surplus domestic labor. Therein lies the crux of the problem. People are displaced, and there's not a rebalancing to account for that because there never was a lofty goal of reworking the labor market, it always comes down to the convenience of the property-owning, policy-making class.

*In societies that accepted slavery the imported workers were nearly always slaves and the situation had much less of a rosy internationalist tone. You still see this in countries with weak labor protections like Dubai, where despite the pleasant noises about building up the 3rd world through remittances people are genuinely treated as slaves, to the general detriment to the local non-elites, the imported laborers, society in general, and basically anyone who isn't part of the ownership class.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

Like most capitalist solutions to problems, this sounds good if you don't think too hard about it but is really shortsighted. What is the domestic labor force supposed to do if their "race blind" employers decide to hire from somewhere else? This sort of policy is a direct ticket to creating a disgruntled underclass without a stake in the current system. Unlike a lot of middle-upper class professionals, I believe the "they terk er jerbs!" crew has a legitimate grievance.
You can't extrapolate the US discourse on immigration to HK or Singapore. If you have a rapidly aging, small population with fertility in the toilet, you are going to have labor shortages especially in healthcare. The workers for these jobs need to come from somewhere. And the problem is exacerbated by every single family in HK and SG pushing their kids to go into white collar professions.

Soy Division fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 31, 2013

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Gail Wynand posted:

...fertility in the toilet...

:stare:

I am pretty sure it's just on the mainland where people do this.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gail Wynand posted:

And the problem is exacerbated by every single family in HK and SG pushing their kids to go into white collar professions finance, law or government AND LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.
Fixed.

also

GuestBob posted:

:drat:

Pro-PRC Laowai
Sep 30, 2004

by toby

GuestBob posted:

:stare:

Eh, not to excuse it or anything, but it's the difference between squatters and sitters. The cheapest (read: majority of) squatters in buildings are just a big hole down to a u-trap. Compared to having a basin of water requiring an active flush.

Not rare though
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=birth+toilet+-china&oq=birth+toilet+-china

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

If you insist, although I get a healthy return of hits on "midget fucks [...]" even though I don't believe that midgets are the sexual conquistadors of our time.

The point is that it's a curious event and would therefore end up on the internet, I am not dissing the sex lives of small people.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wuhan is so great!

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking_news_detail.asp?id=37048&icid=a&d_str=

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Do we need an obligatory June 4th/Tiananmen Square Massacre memorial post? Weibo has blocked about 80% of the Chinese language from being searched, including "today", "tomorrow", "candle", "square" and the number 64.

This happened, which led to "rubber duck" being blocked.

https://vimeo.com/14192175
This is a cool video that got shared and blocked

Global Times today also published an editorial talking about how awesome web censorship is and everybody should do it.

Hunger strike in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Hilarious captcha

Classic TV news from the day it happened.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

This one is still on weibo:

But they deleted the candle smiley, so some snarky bastards replaced it with a type 64 pistol:

Also somebody dumped a bunch of fliers all over Tiananmen, but I haven't heard if they're political yet:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

What's with the 20 years of not-protesting in the middle there? It started before the 1997 handover, so it should've still been legal to do so, right?

hitension
Feb 14, 2005

Worldwide, people generally cooled off about 6/4 at some point around... 1992 or 1994, I forget which.
If anything, it looks more like a recent uptick due to the global financial crisis.

Pro-PRC Laowai
Sep 30, 2004

by toby

WarpedNaba posted:

What's with the 20 years of not-protesting in the middle there? It started before the 1997 handover, so it should've still been legal to do so, right?

Any excuse to bitch about China.

edit: GFC stuff in '09 resulted in much more reliance on the mainland, and that's right around the time all the baby formula, birthing, etc. all kicked off en mass, and probably more rich Chinese staking their claims down there on bird cage island.

Pro-PRC Laowai fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 4, 2013

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I'm mad that my horrible internet wiped my angry tank post. Thankfully, Bloodnose comes to the rescue!

hitension posted:

Worldwide, people generally cooled off about 6/4 at some point around... 1992 or 1994, I forget which.
If anything, it looks more like a recent uptick due to the global financial crisis.

The early nineties was the apex of HK emmigration so that's why there is probably a dip in protesters because a big chunk of them probably just left. 97-99 was a really bad time in HK, like suicides everyday :suicide: There was an uptick in protest but it was nothing like 2009. I'm just going to respond to PRO PRC.

Pro-PRC Laowai posted:

Any excuse to bitch about China.

edit: GFC stuff in '09 resulted in much more reliance on the mainland, and that's right around the time all the baby formula, birthing, etc. all kicked off en mass, and probably more rich Chinese staking their claims down there on bird cage island.

Man Pro PRC, what's going on with your quality of posting? Do you really think you will be the first Caucasian to join the Politiburo? Or are you aspiring to be a chain smoking baijiu drinking pot bellied ultra nationalistic businessmen with the biggest attitude of "gently caress You Got Mine?" Just stick to defrauding the IRS, keep a lock pick in your pocket, make pizza for the public security bros, start a park protest, business consulting/ whatever you do. Do not be involved with public infrastructure projects ok? We know you will be the last "foreigner" in China. I don't think we can even call you that when China is your new home. You are just that quirky China defender who works at home who just happen to have white skin. I would laugh when you are actually an elaborate troll.

When it comes to HK politics, you can just :fuckoff: Hongers have been bitching about China before you even spoke a word of Chinese and became a corrupt government apologist.

Overseas Chinese have been bitching about China ever since the Commies won. Hongers have been bitching about China ever since The 67 city riots influenced by the cultural revolution. 89 is just icing on the cake. 97 Housing crash was meh. Even 2003 when Hongers found out that the Chinese government was actively covering up medical information we just shrugged our shoulders and thought "well that's just China being China".

2007 When Ma Lik was in denial the city was pissed. Like the Cultural Revolution, some thought that they could just bite their lip and move on, hoping that the future generation will remember things. Having a Pro Beijing Establishment Legislator spout poo poo off his mouth is not a great idea.

2008 Was the unfortunate earth quake when Hongers donated 9 billion HKD, or 1.15 billion USD to charity. Seeing another generation lost due to another man made decision of lovely corrupt infrastructure is just heart shattering. Bad crumbling tofu schools shocked the nation and is another national shame which the people must bear. Your political poo poo posting is like the CCP, it just won't go away.

:siren:2009 was the 20th anniversary and the HK government was dumb in handling the situation:siren:

There's also something about a charter started by some guy which I prefer not name as in the OP.

Donald Tsang, the previous Chief Executive made a faux pas comment. Zhao Zi Yang's memoirs "Enemy of the State" (banned in China of course) was recently released and made rave world wide reviews and reignited interests. The PRC, as usual is horrible in PR :downsrim: The HK government and a few education institutions, was in "collaborator" mode. The immigration department denied entry for the Danish sculptor. A few activists from 89 couldn't come as well. The Chinese University denied students to erect a statue for the Goddess of Democracy because "it's too political and will break social harmony". Yeah, of all places, universities are beacons of young ideal radicalism and if you can't even let young kids be kids, then something is really wrong.

So it's not just a global financial crisis, birthing, fake food, housing crisis. Or mainlandfication (started 03 after sars when you were still a broke rear end student, not 09)

The number of attenders is also rising because the candle has been passed on to the next generation. China is not really getting much better in terms of its political system. Hong Kong is not getting better and is in fact getting worse because of the rigged electorate system. Life maybe easier for businesses or "laxed controls on personal freedom" but we all know that China has much more to do.

This day always makes me wish that I am living in a mundane Canadian suburb :canada: celebrating Canada Day, eating free food/cake than a bitter Honger in the streets during Canada Day/HK Handover Day :smith:

hitension
Feb 14, 2005

caberham posted:

When it comes to HK politics, you can just :fuckoff: Hongers have been bitching about China before you even spoke a word of Chinese and became a corrupt government apologist.

:drat:

The tension between the regular posters of the China area threads is almost palpable.

I am eating a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
It rained pretty hard last night. The power went out. That didn't stop the vigil though!

Check it out:

Fun figures:

Last night, the news also came through that Chen Xitong is dead. He was a pretty important dude back in the day, a rival of Jiang Zemin and was the mayor of Beijing during the crackdown. He's widely blamed for it, although he insists he was only following orders. He died on June 2nd, but it was confirmed last night.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is it SCMP time? I think it's SCMP time.

Let's lead in with Amy Li blowing the lid off this Chinese tourist thing. Can't figure out why Chinese tourists are so damned rude? After years of research, Amy Li figured it out. The answer? They're not educated enough and are too unfamiliar with foreign cultures. :monocle: SAY WHAT!?

Chinese national, HK permanent resident, can't get a dependent visa for his wife. That's weird. Is it that hard for foreign-born wives to come to Hong Ko- ohhhhhhh the guy is brown! He was born in Pakistan and became Chinese. Well, no one can really become Chinese. Better deny his wife's visa to keep him from pumping out fake-Chinese brown babies.

The West Kowloon Cultural District's opera house decided on a name. Thank God they decided not to call it 'Xiqu' because that was dumb as hell and why use a Mandarin name in HK anyway? Also it turns out it kinda sounds like a Cantonese term for genitals. They decided to call it 'Chinese Opera' instead. Because that sounds great. And if there's one thing people love, especially in Hong Kong, it's generic, non-branded packaging.

Civil servants are :qq:ing because this year's pay rise is lower than inflation. The kicker? Annual pay rises are determined by a mechanism that takes into account private sector wage rises. In other words, everybody in Hong Kong is getting a pay cut in real terms. Hooray! Maybe if the civil servants sucked at their jobs less they could institute policies to ensure that wealth is fairly distributed to wage-earners. Then they could cry less. There's a great quote in there from the police union that's like "This is unacceptable! However, because police have a duty to protect people, we will accept it."

Have some polls:

And finally, this one, which should probably be blamed on creepy white goons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Bloodnose posted:

Chinese national, HK permanent resident, can't get a dependent visa for his wife. That's weird. Is it that hard for foreign-born wives to come to Hong Ko- ohhhhhhh the guy is brown! He was born in Pakistan and became Chinese. Well, no one can really become Chinese. Better deny his wife's visa to keep him from pumping out fake-Chinese brown babies.

But I thought Hong Kong was the least racist and most multicultural city?