Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do clerics ever stop being incredibly unbalanced in PVP or can I look forward to 20 more levels of "whoever has more clerics wins"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

Do clerics ever stop being incredibly unbalanced in PVP or can I look forward to 20 more levels of "whoever has more clerics wins"?

Having healers is better than not having healers.

At some point being good at healing is a thing that matters!

Just mark the highest hps numbers with 1 2 and 3 on the enemy team and kill them a lot for deigning to heal in PvP.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

KaneTW posted:

Please please please. Raids in Rift are really fun but I don't like having to play at 3AM for them (when I'll most likely forget about them because of Tera)

There was a afternoon(US)/Euro group last year which went well but then finals week happened, one raid had to be cancelled and the next week there none planned. When inquired about, the answer was "None of you Euros show up to raids. Ever." with some more thinly veiled nationalism and personal insults thrown in.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Asehujiko posted:

There was a afternoon(US)/Euro group last year which went well but then finals week happened, one raid had to be cancelled and the next week there none planned. When inquired about, the answer was "None of you Euros show up to raids. Ever." with some more thinly veiled nationalism and personal insults thrown in.

What's stopping you guys from just forming the raid yourselves?

Raptr code is gone.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

necrotic posted:

Oh that sounds like fun.

Count me in.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Whoa f2p. I've been meaning to try this game for a while. Maybe I'll roll a healer so I can be popular. Do I get expansion content with f2p?

quote:

do the Raptr contest before June 11th and get Storm Legion expansion for free. All it takes is around 10 hours of being logged in, and you will start out F2P with the expansion and 30 days of subscribed time.

can someone help me do this? I'm downloading the lite version now.

AddMEonFacebook fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 4, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Asehujiko posted:

with some more thinly veiled nationalism and personal insults thrown in.

I can't imagine any jingoism in goonsquad to be serious but that seems pretty rude! We tried weekend ROTP a few times too but then it was really a matter of not enough people showing up in general with no subpopulation to blame.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Do I get expansion content with f2p?

You get the zones from Storm Legion, but not the extra "souls" used for skill builds that came with SL (those are gonna be in the cash shop I believe).

E: Regarding help with the Raptr app, basically just register at their site, download and install the app, add the game manually to it (it will scan for games, but it's wonky about actually tracking time in Rift unless you manually add it, I've found), and then you just need to rack up 12 hours to get the code for the free game and whatnot. Some people just sit at the login screen, but I actually played to get mine :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 4, 2013

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Kreczor posted:

What's stopping you guys from just forming the raid yourselves?
Because all Europeans quit after not so subtly being told to gently caress off and restarted on European server/quit altogether because their character is stuck on the American one Goonsquad's afternoon runs were the only reason they even had a character there.

^^^ The RotP thing happened when there were about 4 Europeans left.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 4, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

Whoa f2p. I've been meaning to try this game for a while. Maybe I'll roll a healer so I can be popular. Do I get expansion content with f2p?

Make a rift lite account, sign up for and download the raptr app. You can either run the raptr app in the background or play rift through steam (not sure if the lite version can?). If you leave Rift running, it will log you out for being afk but the app will still count time. Two overnights of doing that max, and you will qualify for the expansion+30 days reward.

And if you be a bro and use my link before applying the code to your account, I will get my flame horse and love you forever.

https://rift.trionworlds.com/accoun...n=ascend_invite

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Asehujiko posted:

Because all Europeans quit after not so subtly being told to gently caress off and restarted on European server/quit altogether because their character is stuck on the American one Goonsquad's afternoon runs were the only reason they even had a character there.

Okay, so you're depending on the same people that supposedly made fun of you? I don't entirely understand what you're saying here.

If you want to roll on the EU server then do it...

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I was under the impression that the main reason afternoon raids (HK in particular) stopped was because it wouldn't get filled and the people running those raids at the time were starting to burn out on raiding so much.

If anyone in particular in the past was rude to you please point it out to that person in particular because I really don't think bringing that up in general is conducive to anything at this point. This level of drama is starting to read like the rift forums and those are awwwwfullll~~.

My understanding of the history is this based on when I started: there used to be an afternoon T1 farm run on saturdays. Then membership swelled and people tried to do afternoon alt/newb HK at the same time frame but that didn't fill as consistently. Unfortunately this moved T1 farm to one session in the evening which made it hard for EU players. Also 10-mans were always hard to get into as a newgoon - I know that I definitely tried to pug what I couldn't x into when i started out but that's not easy for someone in a different time zone.

Anyway eventually farm/alt raids were run on friday/saturday night. There was an ROTP weekend afternoon group for a while and yeah that's pretty much all I can think of.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 4, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

EU goons already have an awesome tank if they want to do raids on deepwood. It shouldn't be hard to get one going, but asking for NA goons to organize it for you isn't the right route. Also remember now you can get cross-shard groups for raiding, so it should be easier to fill in spots. I'd definitely show up for weekend afternoon raiding.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster

Eltoasto posted:

Make a rift lite account, sign up for and download the raptr app. You can either run the raptr app in the background or play rift through steam (not sure if the lite version can?). If you leave Rift running, it will log you out for being afk but the app will still count time. Two overnights of doing that max, and you will qualify for the expansion+30 days reward.

And if you be a bro and use my link before applying the code to your account, I will get my flame horse and love you forever.

https://rift.trionworlds.com/accoun...n=ascend_invite

great I did.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

You get the zones from Storm Legion, but not the extra "souls" used for skill builds that came with SL (those are gonna be in the cash shop I believe).

E: Regarding help with the Raptr app, basically just register at their site, download and install the app, add the game manually to it (it will scan for games, but it's wonky about actually tracking time in Rift unless you manually add it, I've found), and then you just need to rack up 12 hours to get the code for the free game and whatnot. Some people just sit at the login screen, but I actually played to get mine :colbert:

well, I'm playing right now, why not. anyone want to roll an alt and pl me?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I never intended the question to be so loaded, of course that if we want raids in EU friendly times we need to set them up ourselves.

I would do so, but I'm a noob and I won't even be raiding for a long while. I'm sure that the game being f2p will just bring more players and we might be able to get something together for alts/eu goons!

That way we can finally have a raiding schedule that takes tea and siesta time into account.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I like this game already. I already have a full skill bar at level 2.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry to bother everyone with this again, but my guild invite came through in-game mail, and when I clicked on "Join Guild", nothing happened. Can I get another invite on Tunamelt?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

AddMEonFacebook posted:

nevermind, saw you will be doing the raptr thing and getting your own code

If anybody needs a code for rift/expansion/30 days gametime (new accounts only!) and cannot do the raptr thing before june 12th, please PM me and I have a spare code you can use. Again, new accounts/trial players only.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
pretty sure I can get to 15 hours with fishing alone

Dead Man's Ham
Dec 2, 2002
Asking for invite for Frena

Coeus
Sep 21, 2006

Can I get an invite for Valkydis?

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Finding it hard to play now that I'm in the 30's. Am 32 currently..the instances suck, and the leveling is slow for questing. Is there a way to speed things up?

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Obscurity posted:

Finding it hard to play now that I'm in the 30's. Am 32 currently..the instances suck, and the leveling is slow for questing. Is there a way to speed things up?

Instant adventure. It is seriously the best way to level if you're not a fan of questing. Alternatively, I think warfronts are still pretty speedy leveling too?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Krabkolash posted:

Instant adventure. It is seriously the best way to level if you're not a fan of questing. Alternatively, I think warfronts are still pretty speedy leveling too?

PVP is good experience, especially if you do at least the daily. IA's are great experience as well, yes do them.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
the pvp experience is really high. I chose the wrong faction for winning, though.

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
Yeah you can level pretty fast in PvP and if you chose a good class for PvP, it's very fun.

I got my Warrior to 50 and he is useless as gently caress in PvP, I tried a Mage out and went Pyro, everytime I went into a PvP match I absolutely wrecked, so fun.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Pruney posted:

Yeah you can level pretty fast in PvP and if you chose a good class for PvP, it's very fun.

I got my Warrior to 50 and he is useless as gently caress in PvP, I tried a Mage out and went Pyro, everytime I went into a PvP match I absolutely wrecked, so fun.

quoted for truth. Pyro/Dom is, at least in the lowbie levels I'm at, hilarious fun. Kinda reminds me of playing a pvp mage in vanilla Wow, polymorph then unleash fiery carnage into their stupid bunny face.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Since we're talking pvp, which one is the dominant faction? And is it badly unbalanced?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Pruney posted:

Regarding your warrior, go a riftblade or warlord spec and watch everyone around you cry. At that level there's no insane bonus to pvp ability defence so your aoes do tons of damage and you're literally a wrecking ball.

The leveling spec I mentioned awhile ago is perfect for this. You may want to go champ too since corned beef is seriously overpowered to groups of enemies.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Is 20-man raiding going to happen tonight? If not, is there any chance of my getting into the 10-man tomorrow night?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Since we're talking pvp, which one is the dominant faction? And is it badly unbalanced?

Doesn't matter. The mercenary system means that if there is way more of one faction queuing than the other, then people from the dominant faction will be put onto the underdog team to keep queue times reasonable.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Good news everyone!

Dev post indicates Infernal Dawn weapon skins are going into the wardrobe section on PTS soon. Soooo it may be not necessary to do an ID run.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Kirtan posted:

Good news everyone!

Dev post indicates Infernal Dawn weapon skins are going into the wardrobe section on PTS soon. Soooo it may be not necessary to do an ID run.

Not the reason Tsu wants an ID run. Not the reason at all.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Th-th-the new haliol footholds are platformers

I'm dying inside why do MMO designers think platformers in MMOs are fun or particularly enjoyable.

Did they make the rep grind easier in 2.3 because gently caress grinding Venerated without massive notoriety boosts.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KaneTW posted:

Did they make the rep grind easier in 2.3 because gently caress grinding Venerated without massive notoriety boosts.

If you continue to sub, you get two hours a day of +40% notoriety. You can buy +80% for 2h vials from the shop (which don't stack). Otherwise, nope!

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Daerc posted:

Not the reason Tsu wants an ID run. Not the reason at all.

I'm sure he just wants a hat or a fire raptor and heck, I'll take one too, and I'd also love to see the Laethys and Maelforge fights, but ugh mechanics

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Keshik posted:

Is 20-man raiding going to happen tonight? If not, is there any chance of my getting into the 10-man tomorrow night?

I think some of us are joining another guild for raiding, we went with them on Monday for a Crucia attempts.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

Kirtan posted:

I'm sure he just wants a hat or a fire raptor and heck, I'll take one too, and I'd also love to see the Laethys and Maelforge fights, but ugh mechanics

If I remember correctly, Tsu was one of the sneaky bastards who got the hat back when we did ID before the expansion. Fire raptor is a drat worthy cause though, we definitely need to get a group together to get it.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Keshik posted:

Dude, as long as you have >400 hit it won't be a problem to get in the 10-man. I'm sure some of us can PUG the 20s since the others want to go with the other guild for progression reasons/loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
If you have 420+ hit with at most 2 runes quote this post and put yourself on this list: (add class and role you can fill)

1. Hedonism (cleric, tank)
  2. Kreczor (Warrior, dps)

If we have enough of you scrubs I'll run you through the 10 man on Thursday 6pm server time, and hopefully ~5 people from the core raid group joins me so we don't fail too miserably.

Caveat: if we wipe more than once to the first boss we're aborting.

deimos fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 5, 2013

• Locked thread