Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

deimos posted:

If you have 420+ hit with at most 2 runes quote this post and put yourself on this list: (add class and role you can fill)

1. Hedonism (cleric, tank)
  2. Kreczor (Warrior, dps)

If we have enough of you scrubs I'll run you through the 10 man on Thursday 6pm server time, and hopefully ~5 people from the core raid group joins me so we don't fail too miserably.

Caveat: if we wipe more than once to the first boss we're aborting.

I...think I have 420 hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I have 434 hit, and I've already cleared ToDQ in a pug. I'd really like a shot at getting into the other raid zones, but nobody from the raid group is EVER online to talk to about what or how to get involved.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Krabkolash posted:

Instant adventure. It is seriously the best way to level if you're not a fan of questing. Alternatively, I think warfronts are still pretty speedy leveling too?

Is there a trick to joining these? I haven't seen any pop up since I was in my mid 20's.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

Obscurity posted:

Is there a trick to joining these? I haven't seen any pop up since I was in my mid 20's.

You can join them from anywhere by clicking "Instant Adventure" in your activities tab.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I would be all over an ID run in between my attempts to actually gear up to raid ready levels. I need more mounts I'll never use because I have a hell bug and a goddamn pirate hat.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Keshik posted:

I have 434 hit, and I've already cleared ToDQ in a pug. I'd really like a shot at getting into the other raid zones, but nobody from the raid group is EVER online to talk to about what or how to get involved.

I'm online like every night (Vandee or Wandee) and I usually put the raids together. Currently we are co-raiding with another guild, which I set up because about a month ago since there was only about 9 people logged on at raid times total and it looked liked goon-Rift was pretty much dead. Now with the humongous influx of people we would like to try setting up Goon Raiding(TM) again but I'm a bit hesitant to until we have a crew of 20ish raid-ready goons together, because pugging people is always a terrible affair and to be honest it's nice to be doing progression stuff again after not really doing much raiding for awhile.

The group we run with sometimes has empty slots, so if you're interested in running with us contact me ingame we can try and get you in for farm stuff at least.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Thanks Vandee, I talked to Tsu when the servers came up and he sent me to the Generally Good website, so I am now the 25th or something person on the wait-list.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I just chloro healed the first two bosses of EE in a pug, without having played for some time. It felt pretty good. Those first two fights are fun. I will be in to raid until August at least, when it may become hard for me to do it again with my schedule.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

You should be fine: I won't be there.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Keshik posted:

Thanks Vandee, I talked to Tsu when the servers came up and he sent me to the Generally Good website, so I am now the 25th or something person on the wait-list.

What?! I'm not even on that list! Where is it?!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Not to sound like a bitter vet (I am), but we should not be letting people sign up on those raids until they've raided with us at least once and they prove competent. I'm sorry but I don't want to farm content for you to quit 2 weeks later while your incompetent rear end is making us not complete on progression fights.

Not that the people raiding right now are the ~~ best raiders ever ~~ but I'm pretty sure a couple of goons could be worse.

We've had a couple of the F2P goons on raids that have proven they've not even started to look at their characters in any serious manner and have no idea how to play their basic builds, if you want to raid demonstrate an iota of effort in raids and we'll start bringing you to other raids.

deimos fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 5, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The spots are pretty tight anyways. I think we will be back to all goon raids soon, and this will pay off because half of our peeps will have that progression experience.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They've got patron reward stuff in the abilities menu on the PTS now. One nice thing is that your daily boosts (2 hours for 50% more rep, etc) stack up like daily expert bonuses, so if you play a couple days a week, you could activate multiple ones that day.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Rolled a Mage on Deepwood, looking for an invite as Heshima.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I decided to preview faction changing on the PTS in preparation for going Benedict Arnold for the guardians. So far:

Quantum Sight still works!
You keep all your titles, including stuff like "Of Meridian."
You also keep all of your faction. Which means that you are going to have the Scholars of the Vale / Order of Life whatever rift factions both. On the upside, if you ever switch back, you'll be where you left off.
You also keep all of your ascended powers.

Who was it in the thread who guessed that if you used Defiant's Flare as a guardian, the Defiant would slaughter you? You were close, but unfortunately all they do is stand there looking yellow and tempting.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

There was someone actually complaining about that in the livestream. I guess the OCD spergs who must have every achievement will now be FORCED to buy a faction change and complete the other side's achievements as well.

tamphex
Jun 21, 2003
Seems all the shards just took a big dive - or is it just me?

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

tamphex posted:

Seems all the shards just took a big dive - or is it just me?

Me too.

tamphex
Jun 21, 2003
http://au.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/ now shows them all back up but still locked on the shard select screen. I guess something broke.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I just got back into this game. When I last played I rolled a Mage with a Necro/Warlock spec, but never raided. I still don't have any current plans to raid or PvP, but I do plan to at least level and have some fun with every other piece of high end content eventually. I went with a Mage again, but I am thinking about leveling as a Chloro. I tried Chloro back when I first played after hitting 50 but getting slammed with all of those new abilities at once felt very overwhelming.

So! I am asking for opinions from you veterans. How much fun is it to level and run lower tier 5 mans as Chloro? Is it slow? Is it harder to over come challenges solo than Necro/Warlock? Am I going to be starring more so at HP bars or my enemy? A while ago, I spent years healing in WoW and I gotta be honest and say that I never want to do that again. I still enjoy healing a lot but starring at HP bars more than anything else gives me shivers.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
EDIT COMPLETELY MISREAD THIS PART :O

Xavier434 posted:

So! I am asking for opinions from you veterans. How much fun is it to level and run lower tier 5 mans as Chloro? Is it slow? Is it harder to over come challenges solo than Necro/Warlock? Am I going to be starring more so at HP bars or my enemy? A while ago, I spent years healing in WoW and I gotta be honest and say that I never want to do that again. I still enjoy healing a lot but starring at HP bars more than anything else gives me shivers.

I'm not sure what you mean by staring at hp bars, but Chloro definitely heals by damaging enemies which means you'll always be looking for something to target in order to heal.

If you want truly hp-bar independent healing purifier is where it's at since the key to playing purifier well in raids is to throw out shields right before the big hits but now I'm just being facetious. Healing in Rift overall is substantially more interesting than casting Heal1 Heal9 Heal3 (unless you're a sentinel).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 6, 2013

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Zoness posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by staring at hp bars, but Chloro definitely heals by damaging enemies which means you'll always be looking for something to target in order to heal.

When playing a healer in many other MMOs, I found myself looking at my party/raid's hp bars and UI elements far more than the actual game. It is boring as hell and I would prefer to never do that again. I know that Chloro heals by doing damage so it makes sense at least in theory that the experience is one where I am watching the game more than the UI which sounds great, but I wanted to hear from someone with experience based on the current 2.2 version and whatever we know about 2.3.

I also expect that the majority of my time playing will be solo at least for a while so I was curious about how much fun people have had leveling as a Chloro being your main build.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

If you have 420+ hit with at most 2 runes quote this post and put yourself on this list: (add class and role you can fill)

If we have enough of you scrubs I'll run you through the 10 man on Thursday 6pm server time, and hopefully ~5 people from the core raid group joins me so we don't fail too miserably.

Oh yeah so we don't really do 2 10-man groups any more so I can try to be on my main if you need mans. I don't need anything.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Xavier434 posted:

When playing a healer in many other MMOs, I found myself looking at my party/raid's hp bars and UI elements far more than the actual game. It is boring as hell and I would prefer to never do that again. I know that Chloro heals by doing damage so it makes sense at least in theory that the experience is one where I am watching the game more than the UI which sounds great, but I wanted to hear from someone with experience based on the current 2.2 version and whatever we know about 2.3.

I also expect that the majority of my time playing will be solo at least for a while so I was curious about how much fun people have had leveling as a Chloro being your main build.

I hear low level Chloro healing is terrible. If you want to splash chloro into a normal leveling build, 16 chloro goes great with either elementalist or necro. It doesn't kill as fast as harbinger but you will absolutely never die.

Edit: To be a bit more detailed since people often complain about specs being name-dropped in the thread without any details (a good point), you take 16 chloro to get Synthesis, Nature's Touch and Ruin and all the rest of the points in your pet class. You put up Lifegiving Veil and Synthesis on your pet, then make a macro of your three chloro nukes. (Ruin, Nature's Touch, Vile Spores - in that order)

Use your elementalist / necro rotation. If your pet is attacking multiple mobs, you can switch to your chloro damage macro and just heal him. If you've got an add you can bloom yourself while the pet re-establishes aggro.

It's not the fastest, but it's a pretty good lazy spec if you want to do ranged attacks and watch netflix while you are running around questing in Moonshade Highlands or something.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 6, 2013

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
I'm leveling as a mage right now and I chloro heal fairly often for dungeons. It's a bit of a pain starting out dungeons in levels 15-20 because you don't have some of the tools you'll be relying on heavily (reduced cast time for nature's touch for single-target healing, flourish for AOE healing) but the early dungeons are easy anyway. It's a very active playstyle if you're trying to do it optimally, even at low levels: when AOE damage starts coming in you need to switch stances and get some area healing buffs running while topping people off with bloom and flourish on cooldown.

It's worth noting that chloro healing from lifebound/lifegiving veil is now entirely determined by the base cast time of the spells you're using, so your damage has no effect. I think I read that this was changed some time in the past, maybe?

I wouldn't recommend chloro as a main soul for leveling simply because you get no damage increase from the soul levels in chloro and few of the passives increase damage. The harbinger/chloro builds people have linked are really strong though. Alternatively level as pyro and blow poo poo up in 3 seconds, or necro and let your pet get punched in the face.

Smith Comma John fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 6, 2013

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I would like to join the festivities tonight. I am Cymrik in game, and I can do most mage things. I have enough hit and have done some of EE, FT.

Raysere
May 13, 2013

deimos posted:

I'll be there on Chelm, Rogue dps/support.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Mormon Star Wars posted:

You put up Lifegiving Veil and Synthesis on your pet, then make a macro of your three chloro nukes. (Ruin, Nature's Touch, Vile Spores - in that order)

LGV is your AE healing veil, putting synth on your pet should automatically switch it to LBV. (Quick mnemonic: LGV is for groups, LBV is for bastard tanks.)

That being said, did they ever fix LBV+Synth being worse than LGV before lvl ~42?

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Figured I will give this a go again, since the last time I played it was a couple months after release. Transfered over from a PvP server, but meh, I am okay with PvE, doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the two.

Character name is Pigeonfish (Since someone took my original name on this server).

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

deimos posted:

Alistara and I will be up for the 10 man. I think we still need like one drop each from there and helping out to get more people raid ready is always a good thing (even though all of you will quit in three weeks like you always do). I will also be around a little while before the raid for anyone who is 60 and needs crafted gear to be able to raid as well. Just send me (Antaris) a tell or something, I can get you sorted.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I think this needs to be said:

:siren:Bitter vets are bitter:siren:

And here's a few reasons why:
- We give new blood loot when it's a significant upgrade even if the bitter vet won the roll
- Same new blood seems to conveniently forget about bitter vets helping them out and keep loot when they win it against bitter vet
- Exactly the same new blood quits 2 weeks after denying bitter vet loot
- There is a constant stream of new people that come in, get geared, get into raids, get gear then quit.

This has happened far too many times and I wish it'd stopped.

People to whom this has happened (probably missing a few):
- Alistara
- Amory
- Antaris
- Egeus (before he quit the first time)
- Hedonism (does not happen as often, but it's honestly one of the reasons I only tank)
- Loracia
- Mouretsu (he's a good example because it happened to him with a piece of gear three loving times)
- Stampy
- Vandee

So please understand why bitter vets are sometimes bitter, it's not elitism, it's just frustration. Be nice to a bitter vet today.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
We're nice people and the reason we passed on the loot is we like you and generally want you to come back. So please do.

And maybe consider not taking that passed-on loot because bitter vets are fragile creatures.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

No if I pass on loot to you it's because I want the raid to be better and it's a tiny upgrade for me, don't fight me on you taking it. But when it's an honest to god upgrade for me I'll be rolling on poo poo, if you win the very least you could do is offer to repay the people that got you that loot.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Hey to my defense I quit when SL rolled out and I missed two weeks of ID total :v:. I do apologize for being a huge jerk during ID though.

I'll be honest I'm a lot happier with council as opposed to limited free roll but maybe that's because I'm weird but I can also see how a council system might not work really well for a more casual raid group.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

deimos posted:

LGV is your AE healing veil, putting synth on your pet should automatically switch it to LBV. (Quick mnemonic: LGV is for groups, LBV is for bastard tanks.)

That being said, did they ever fix LBV+Synth being worse than LGV before lvl ~42?

edit:

Woops, it even says in the Synthesis tooltip that it only affects lbv and not lgv. Now I don't know which one to use, since lbv only heals 66-73 per cast time spell while lifegiving veil heals 257-284 per cast time spell. (Level 40)

Any of the players with theorycrafting know whether Synth makes up for that difference? It just says "increases healing" instead of giving numbers.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 6, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mormon Star Wars posted:

edit:

Woops, it even says in the Synthesis tooltip that it only affects lbv and not lgv. Now I don't know which one to use, since lbv only heals 66-73 per cast time spell while lifegiving veil heals 257-284 per cast time spell. (Level 40)

Any of the players with theorycrafting know whether Synth makes up for that difference?

Going off the straight tooltips LBV will always have lower numbers than LGV, since LBV is so drastically modified by Synthesis and the incidental AoE healing it provides naturally is there to top off anyone else who gets splashed with incidental damage. Synthesis+LBV is intended to be the Chloro's single-target healing option, but at lower levels that can be a little wonky due to scaling issues. Try both out and watch numbers to see which one works better in your level range.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
For leveling purposes (low-level), are the souls still balanced enough that you can do whatever the gently caress you want and come out ok?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Bussamove posted:

Going off the straight tooltips LBV will always have lower numbers than LGV, since LBV is so drastically modified by Synthesis and the incidental AoE healing it provides naturally is there to top off anyone else who gets splashed with incidental damage. Synthesis+LBV is intended to be the Chloro's single-target healing option, but at lower levels that can be a little wonky due to scaling issues. Try both out and watch numbers to see which one works better in your level range.

Welp, this helped out a lot. Lifebound Veil was proccing for way bigger numbers. Thanks!

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Do I need to change specs or gear or macros or actually learn how to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Alright well I give up on trying to get an adorable baby raptr pet, but man, I'm glad to hear that the game is F2P early now. I can't wait to dust off my 42 mage. Not impressive, but he was a hell of a lot of fun.

Edit: My friend said this about the cash store.
Rfit's cash store is surprisingly cheap. It's in testing right now, and they're basically giving you free money for testing it. Buy and spend credits on test, everything gets reimbursed when the store goes live, and any credits you spent get reimbursed 50-100% on live. An extra 50-100%, rather.

Is that true?

• Locked thread