Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, we're going to have a few Corporate Designed Cards in Hex?... how well will that go, I wonder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

BenRGamer posted:

So, we're going to have a few Corporate Designed Cards in Hex?... how well will that go, I wonder...

Flask of Coca-Cola
(1) (1 Diamond)
Exhaust: Be refreshed. Gain 5 life.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Pyrolocutus posted:

Flask of Coca-Cola
(1) (1 Diamond)
Exhaust: Be refreshed. Gain 5 life.

Reminds me of the Steam Sale item in Binding of Isaac... all Spells are 50% cheaper to play!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Looking at the reward tiers again, I'm pretty sure they're only going to have 4 starter decks available to start with (so everyone at $50 and up will have one of each of them, lower tiers can choose from the 4 available)

I'm guessing Wild Rabbit + Ruby Orc + Diamond Human + Blood Necrotic (and Blood Dragon for people who qualify, but that doesn't count :colbert:), but it would be cool if we could choose from more of them (Sapphire Dwarf comes to mind)

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
I'm pretty sure there'll be a starter deck for each colour. I'm guessing the reason you only get 4 from kickstarter would be that each account starts with a starter deck so giving 5 would be unnecessary.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I assumed they'd have 1 deck for each race.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
But we can't trade the starter that you get when you open your account?

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I remember CZE said how many starters there are total at some point, but I forget exactly how many - either 6 or 8 I think, not counting the Kickstarter one. (So either one for each class or one for each race.) There are definitely more than 5, though.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Karnegal posted:

How much of the total is fake producer inflation? I'm going to be $80,000.
There's also a significant amount of people with $500 pledged that won't be able to grab a GK and will drop near the end. I wouldn't be surprised if there was over $200k in fake money pledged to this.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Some poor bastard is going to be holding the bag when this poo poo finishes up and have a King tier with 500 bucks collected

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

BenRGamer posted:

I hope they can answer my question about trying to get an additional King tier as an addon since it's not a limited tier so I don't have to go fussing with multiple accounts before the KS ends...

The easiest way to add a single extra tier without an extra KS account would be to pledge that addon tier via Paypal on their site.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Looks like Collector tier is starting to drop now, down to 489.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

New article about the deck editor
http://hextcg.com/data-editor-paradise/

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Some Numbers posted:

The $500 tier that's been sold out for weeks?

Yes that one, I pledged to it on day one "just in case". Figured if it turned out to be a stinker I could just cancel. but I think its looking pretty drat good.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Tamba posted:

This just looks like a deck editor with minor statistical reporting, and the ability to do test draws. Pretty basic.

Did I miss something, or is this just proof that their deck editor isn't complete poo poo?

Fake edit: I guess this shows a bit on how they're managing equipment, assigning it directly to decks.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Tamba posted:

That Warlock, dayum. A 5/1 for 3 that you can replay for 5. Or a 3/1 for 3 that domes them for 3. Repeatedly if the game goes long. Shits absurd. Blood aggro better be a thing, otherwise I'll be sad.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
What does "domes them" mean?

Selane
May 19, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What does "domes them" mean?

Deals damage directly to your opponent.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Yeah, the deck editor looks functional rather than exciting. I really hope they have the ability to sort by card cost in the final version - that seems like basic functionality and I don't see it anywhere unless it's hidden under "List Option 0". I also don't like that the costs aren't actually sorted by cost, but I'm pretty sure that's just the pre-alpha being a pre-alpha. The test draw feature is nice, though.

Now, the possibility of being able to import any deck entered in an official event? That's pretty awesome if I'm not misreading it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Selane posted:

Deals damage directly to your opponent.

Where on earth does that term come from? I tried to look it up but couldn't figure out the origin.

All sorts of M:TG lingo seems to have developed since I played, it's weird.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Where on earth does that term come from? I tried to look it up but couldn't figure out the origin.

All sorts of M:TG lingo seems to have developed since I played, it's weird.

"Dome" is slang for "head". Instead of pointing my burn spell at your creature, I'm pointing it at your dome. I agree that a lot of MTG lingo is pretty arcane.

Lord Of Texas fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 6, 2013

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

pumpinglemma posted:

Yeah, the deck editor looks functional rather than exciting. I really hope they have the ability to sort by card cost in the final version - that seems like basic functionality and I don't see it anywhere unless it's hidden under "List Option 0". I also don't like that the costs aren't actually sorted by cost, but I'm pretty sure that's just the pre-alpha being a pre-alpha. The test draw feature is nice, though.

Now, the possibility of being able to import any deck entered in an official event? That's pretty awesome if I'm not misreading it.

It says right in the article you can filter by cost.

quote:

...you can do that with the advanced search button, which lets you search by cost, threshold, and more.

Edit: Ah I realize now that I think you are talking about in the deck field, sorting by Cost so you can see your curve.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Lord Of Texas posted:

"Dome" is slang for "head". Instead of pointing my burn spell at you, I'm pointing it at your dome. I agree that a lot of MTG lingo is pretty arcane.

If I'd just thought of people playing M:TG in a 1930's gangster film that would have made perfect sense! Thanks :P

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah, that seems like such a basic functionality that if it is not in there right now it will be added pretty quickly as just about everyone complains that it is not there. I doubt it would even need to reach that point though because I think the people that are involved in making this game know that is such a huge must have feature.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I wonder if you can change gems during sideboarding? That'd be pretty awesome.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Looking at it, you should be able to see your mana curve easily enough in the deck statistics.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Cynic Jester posted:

This article's actually the first confirmation I've seen that Hex will have sideboards.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?

Cynic Jester posted:

That Warlock, dayum. A 5/1 for 3 that you can replay for 5. Or a 3/1 for 3 that domes them for 3. Repeatedly if the game goes long. Shits absurd. Blood aggro better be a thing, otherwise I'll be sad.

I think they've said that Socketable Major cards can have both a Major gem and a Minor one, so it could also be a 5/1 that domes 5, for 3, or a 3/1 that domes them for 3 and makes them discard, and makes them discard every time it hits them attacking as well. Or you could give it Rage 2 (though it seems too fragile for that and too expensive on the recast to just be used as a battering ram). I'll probably use that instead of Giant Corpse Fly.

quote:

I could see why they wouldn't, but that would be awesome, yeah.

All Nines fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 6, 2013

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

All Nines posted:

I think they've said that Socketable Major cards can have both a Major gem and a Minor one

Do you mean this article? Because the way I read the following sentence, I parsed it as them saying "you can put a minor gem into a major socket", not "you can put a major gem AND a minor gem into a card with SOCKETED MAJOR".

quote:

Some troops in set 1 have the ability to socket any Minor Gem, while others have the ability to socket any Major Gem (as well as any Minor Gem).

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

This article's actually the first confirmation I've seen that Hex will have sideboards.

It was also mentioned in the stream yesterday. They're 15 cards. just like Magic.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
If I do something crazy like picking up another tier using paypal does it matter if my kickstarter email and paypal emails are the same? I definitely don't want my accounts merged.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Rhaegar posted:

If I do something crazy like picking up another tier using paypal does it matter if my kickstarter email and paypal emails are the same? I definitely don't want my accounts merged.

I sure hope not, I bought 5 squire pledges for my friends using one paypal account.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Lone Goat posted:

Do you mean this article? Because the way I read the following sentence, I parsed it as them saying "you can put a minor gem into a major socket", not "you can put a major gem AND a minor gem into a card with SOCKETED MAJOR".

Yeah, if you could, it would be completely absurd.

I guess we might get cards with multiple sockets though, but they'd have to be costed as such. A 5/1 for 3 that also hits them for 5 and comes back after trading with every creature ever to do it again would be far, far beyond anything we've seen so far in terms of cots efficiency.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Rhaegar posted:

I had the same question and got this reply:

quote:

If you want to donate for someone else, just make sure you fill out the message portion on Paypal that says the full name (first & last) and email address you would like the donation associated with. Thanks so much!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cynic Jester posted:

Yeah, if you could, it would be completely absurd.

I guess we might get cards with multiple sockets though, but they'd have to be costed as such. A 5/1 for 3 that also hits them for 5 and comes back after trading with every creature ever to do it again would be far, far beyond anything we've seen so far in terms of cots efficiency.

The weird thing is, the last paragraph implies that socketing has some effect on the card's threshold.

quote:

To illustrate this with a simple example, let’s take Boulder Brute, a [WILD] 5 cost 4/4. You could socket him with cost minus 1, and get a 4 cost 4/4, or +1/+1, and get a 5 casting cost 5/5. So, depending on where you’re light in your curve, Boulder Brute as a draft pick can function as either of those cards even within a deck that is solely Wild. Of course, if you’re playing more than one shard, he could fill any number of other roles as well!

That last sentence makes it seem like if you add a non-Wild Gem then it would require more than just Wild to play? I might be reading too deep into this one.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Lone Goat posted:

The weird thing is, the last paragraph implies that socketing has some effect on the card's threshold.

That last sentence makes it seem like if you add a non-Wild Gem then it would require more than just Wild to play? I might be reading too deep into this one.

You need threshold of the color of the gem in order to get its effect. So if you add a Wild gem, you need wild threshold to get the effect, but you could play the creature without having wild threshold, you'd just not get the gems effect.

Edit: That's why I was only looking at blood gems for the Warlock, as it has a 2 blood threshold, so branching into the other colored gems doesn't seem worth it until we start seeing fixing.

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
The way I understand it your choice of available gems comes from a) the card's shard and b) the shards represented in your deck. So a pure wild with a wild socketed card would have to pick a wild gem, but a wild/blood with a wild socketed would have a choice of wild or blood gems. Also I could be wrong.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

You need a threshold of that color or the gem won't activate (i.e. you get the regular version of that card), but you can still play it, so it doesn't directly change the card's requirements.

e:beaten...twice

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Has there been any indication of support for the combo archetype so far? It seems difficult without a huge card pool for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

AlsoD posted:

Has there been any indication of support for the combo archetype so far? It seems difficult without a huge card pool for example.

There's the Eye of Creation card.

• Locked thread