Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

:lol: the first part of his monologue includes a sword fighting scene with dialogue lifted straight from Crixus' line.

"You have no skill...no strength...no training"

The main probably in recognizing him is probably that fans of the show aren't used to seeing him wear clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Eh, the rest of the GoT storyline is fine and still very riveting, but the show doesn't measure up to Spartacus on more than a few levels.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Azure_Horizon posted:

Eh, the rest of the GoT storyline is fine and still very riveting, but the show doesn't measure up to Spartacus on more than a few levels.

Apples and oranges. GoT is an adaptation of an epic book series covering events spanning across several continents from multiple intimate perspectives. Spartacus is a character story set across a backdrop of an unfolding tragedy.

Imagine what Spartacus would be like if in the same space of time they had to cover Pompey in Spain and Lucullus in Pontus and you'd see a show that looked a bit more like GoT.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009
Imagine what Spartacus would be like if they spent $6 million an episode. They could fill an actual arena with bloodthirsty topless spectators and the actresses wouldn't have to share merkins.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Alchenar posted:

Apples and oranges. GoT is an adaptation of an epic book series covering events spanning across several continents from multiple intimate perspectives. Spartacus is a character story set across a backdrop of an unfolding tragedy.

Imagine what Spartacus would be like if in the same space of time they had to cover Pompey in Spain and Lucullus in Pontus and you'd see a show that looked a bit more like GoT.

Considering the showrunners, it would look more like GoT but still be better. It would have been amazing to have them cover history like that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hemp Knight posted:

For sheer entertainment, Spartacus has few rivals.

Banshee.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Except that the 3 last episodes of Banshee took a nosedive in quality. The most jarring bit was the 15 minute brawl in a show where a blow to the head usually means death. :psyduck:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I respectfully disagree. Russkranians can take a punch, this is known.

Gow
Feb 25, 2007
I just did a re-watch of the first two seasons and the prequel and it was better than I remembered. I miss this show so much :(

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Gow posted:

I just did a re-watch of the first two seasons and the prequel and it was better than I remembered. I miss this show so much :(

The prequel is so loving kinetic. I fly through it on a rewatch. It's one of the best series of episodes I've seen on television.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Only problem I had with the prequel were the amount and length of the sex scenes. The rest of the series had lots as well, but the prequel really stepped it up. Because of the time crunch they had to write it, it seemed like anytime they couldn't think of a scene to fill time, they just said "Let's have a threesome! For 5 minutes!" I'd have to go back and rewatch, but I'm pretty sure that a minimum of 10 minutes every episode was spent on sex with no dialogue. Ever for a show about tits and violence, it was a little gratuitous.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I had no such complaints :colbert:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

The prequel is so loving kinetic. I fly through it on a rewatch. It's one of the best series of episodes I've seen on television.

It was amazing all the way down to the amazing ring of fire final primus fight and spear punch finishing move.

It also the gave the world our favorite Cock Rages On song with drunk Gannicus.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Indeed, my cock rages on is fantastic. I occasionally find myself grumbling 'blood rains down from an angry sky' when I am beset with difficulty/am drunk.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There's no other show, in my short time watching 'em, that manages to grab you by the cock (or ladyparts) like this show does, and then starts shaking. I was loving IN for almost everyone of Spartacus' episodes, and that is loving monumental, to me at least.

Now comes the years when people are going to discover this perfect television experience, and complain about why no one ever telling them about it....

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah but they'll gently caress up the order and miss out on all these discussions and live threads with gifs... it'll never be the same.
They won't get the emotion we all felt at having AW die in his sexy rear end prime (no homo). Even Sex Pun didn't get it when i showed her the show.

She was like "ooo sex and naked men i'm there...." then it was "where's all the sex... and why did they change Spartacus, they recast him... i'm done"

i'm going "He died, very sad... the rebellion continues! IT CONTINUES!!!"
had to rethink the whole relationship after that

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Anyone who left because of Spartacus being recasted really made a big mistake.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
she tried, she said it lost its magic, and it went too violent not enough sex. She's weird about violence and throat cutting, and sci-fi and cooking and driving... but the sex is awesome so i haven't killed her yet.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Azure_Horizon posted:

Anyone who left because of Spartacus being recasted really made a big mistake.

Yeah Liam grew on me over the two seasons, even though in the first episode in Season 2 you could tell he was still trying to learn the character since
he was casted with not much time to prepare for the role.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Rocksicles posted:

she tried, she said it lost its magic, and it went too violent not enough sex. She's weird about violence and throat cutting, and sci-fi and cooking and driving... but the sex is awesome so i haven't killed her yet.

What are you talking about, guy?

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think his alternate accounts name is Sex Pun and he's pretending its his girlfriend that has worse taste in TV than him, and even worse taste in men.

I never got why people got so bent over the new Spartacus. After the very first season he was only the second coolest dude in the show anyway.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

niethan posted:

What are you talking about, guy?

One J too many maybe. It's the weekend.

and she watches Teen Mom, so yeah worse taste in TV.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't mind getting a casting call to the prequel though.

The Making Of A Teen Mom

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
pretty sure you'd get locked up... unless your from Kentucky

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I'm not a fan of Da Vinci's Demons (and Arthur sucked right out loud), but this looks like it might be angling for the Spartacus feel of things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aigIJGeykI

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
That looks pretty awesome. I'll keep an eye out for it. I am definitely missing my weekly Spartacus episode.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

3Romeo posted:

I'm not a fan of Da Vinci's Demons (and Arthur sucked right out loud), but this looks like it might be angling for the Spartacus feel of things:

Whoa, thanks for this link.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

3Romeo posted:

It's even uses Spartacus-esque dialog and has a pirate with sharpened orc teeth.

Pirates like in the trailer they were surprisingly much more democratic compared to the "rum, lash, sodomy" life in the nation state navies with thing such as electing their captains and even have a disability insurance plan.

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 14, 2013

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Needs more man-on-man action.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

3Romeo posted:

Hell yes.

See you guys next January! :)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

Needs more man-on-man action.

Need to reuse the whole Spartacus cast as pirates, I want to see pirate Lugo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-GCz0eOS_o
set walk and interviews

would bang blonde chick

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Horse Cock II: Sea Horse

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jodi from Shameless is in there i think... he's sporting some big game tackle.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy Christ, I don't know why I never thought about a piracy TV series.
That looks pretty amazing, love how filthy it looks.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah I thought I spotted him, though I don't know if I'll be able to divorce him from Jodi right away.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
not after seeing him trying to blow himself...

Some spicy dialogue, very starz.

this chick didn't get the part. shes an Aussie model/actress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stbsvfyfLd4

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 15, 2013

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rocksicles posted:

Going to be hard for me to not see him as Jodi when I watch this pirate show. And I find that hilarious.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
So I guess 6 months is too soon to make a new thread eh....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I like this one :colbert:

• Locked thread