Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Better than the original at least.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Phone double post.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's a terrible color for an audi TT

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Riiiight

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

Just came across this in YOSPOS, reminds me of a certain Jeep photo:

gently caress. gently caress!!

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
lovely phone pic, but this was ridiculous. Looks exactly like a power wheels.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

First time DUI gets 3-180 days in jail here. Second still only gets up to a year.

In Wisconsin the first is a night in jail, 6 month license suspension and a ticket. Not a criminal charge.

Second through 5th are misdemeanors.

After that it's a felony.

This might have changed in the last year or two it's been a while since I looked it up

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

mobby_6kl posted:

Just came across this in YOSPOS, reminds me of a certain Jeep photo:

What, how?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

See the rebar half-buried in the road in the last pic? Looks like he picked one of those up. No blood evident in the interior pics but it looks like some colored fabric pinned in the driver's seat pic. I think that's the driver's underwear :haw:

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

I can't hate on this.

I want to. But I can't.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I can't hate on this.

I want to. But I can't.

If the person who put that together was clever enough to make 4 interlocking VW badges, I think I'd give it the thumbs up.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

The 3000GT was sold as the GTO in Japan...

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Not so stupid now, is it? :colbert:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Nubile Hillock posted:

Hahahaha that totally made my day. It might be the lack of sleep and a long night at work but that poo poo has me laughing like an idiot.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Hey, its sharktearingme.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, it's silly, but it looks like good work. That's the top half of a TT bumper grafted to the lower half of the Beetle bumper & fenders, the hood lengthened, and the Beetle headlights are intact inside the TT housings. I ... I don't hate it.

Somewhere online, I recently saw either the back end of this car with a TT rear bumper, or someone who did the opposite of this car. I can't imagine that there are two of these out there. I can't find the photo though.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It is awfully cute.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Nubile Hillock posted:

☐ Caulk car and float it across
☑ Try to ford the river
☐ Take a ferry across
☐ Wait to see if conditions improve

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

It looks better than a regular Beetle and looks well done. Not something I'd do, but I give it a pass.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The guy is asking TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That is far from the worst thing I've seen done to a fullsize van. In fact I kinda like it.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Finally, something sold at a garage sale that was in the garage.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Powershift posted:

The stickers might say "Hot Wheels" but the color scheme screams something else:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Flood donk and Hotwheels van are loving great. I mean they have nothing on this shitpile...

Awful car, awful kit and a few grand on sparkly brown paint? Wow.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Best part is it's a 1.4. :laugh:

Also did you take that today? Somebody's tax disk expired at the end of March.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That was a barryboys find, it won shed of the year (and quite rightly!).

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Powershift posted:

With an hour or two of work (to remove the rollbar and stupid wing) this would be well on the way to awesome. If the interior is nice, I would pay that.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
Saw this wonderful bit of car artwork a few days ago. Bonus points go to the driver for integrating the doorless gas cap into the artwork as the center of a sunflower. :golfclap:

happy little clouds

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I went out with a friend today to look at a potential new (used) car for her, because her co-worker was selling one that was apparently really good and just been serviced. Panels were four different shades of silver, headlamp lenses were properly UV degraded, it had coolant that was a deep rust red colour, and when you took the oil cap off with it running, there was lots of pulsing and funny gurgling noises going on in there. Possibly rings, possibly head gasket. It had also been suspiciously warmed up prior to our arrival, even though he's got a new car now and that's why it was for sale.

The guy was, of course, a complete stereotype of the genus ricer, he'd bodged in a few bits of rear sound system, had used sideskits to cover up rather dented sills, and spent the entire time I was looking the car over talking bullshit about how cars work and how fantastic it was and how it's worth twice what he's asking. I mean, he was trying every amateur dodgy seller line he seemed to know, it was like a What Not To Do tutorial or something. Oh, and then after we were done, my friend told me that apparently he always drives like a complete tit. Yeah, lead with that, next time.

The problem with trying to help out with buying advice etc for people who don't know about cars, is that they also do not know the difference between people who know about cars and people who think they know about cars. And I don't like being in a position of having to say "Well, yes, this person who you are familiar with did say it was in excellent condition. The issue at play is that he is an imbecile".

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Cross posting from Subaru/Flannel chat.

Mistakes were made.

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

G-Mach posted:

Cross posting from Subaru/Flannel chat.

Mistakes were made.

Who is the dumbass that thought going through that was actually going to be a good idea?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

subieawdtear.gif

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Bone_Enterprise posted:

Who is the dumbass that thought going through that was actually going to be a good idea?

Because Rally Car.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
I've gathered quite a few terrible car photos from just driving around, here's some of the more interesting ones:

The paint matches, there just isn't enough!

That Protege has melanoma :ohdear:

It looks like it got zipper'd

Mizzou's Parking Garages were always full of interesting cars.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The best part of this one is that you could see the tire through the hole where the tail light used to be.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

kill me now posted:

Saw this wonderful bit of car artwork a few days ago. Bonus points go to the driver for integrating the doorless gas cap into the artwork as the center of a sunflower. :golfclap:

happy little clouds

I don't see anything wrong with this :colbert:

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Bone_Enterprise posted:

It's what happens when rednecks find out about subarus and then sell their trucks. There is video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487zyzzPdAc

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Ulfhednar posted:

I've gathered quite a few terrible car photos from just driving around, here's some of the more interesting ones:

That Protege has melanoma :ohdear:

How does this even happen? Are the emblems attached by drilling holes in the metal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Those protege5s rust worse than any other car in recent memory.