Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Ok, so I downloaded Rearmed which is an Emulator and iFile and I am trying to figure out now how to put a drat Rom into var/mobile/documents but feel like a complete idiot because I don't understand how.

I'm not using any emulators right now, but I think you actually need to create /var/mobile/Media/ROMS and put them there. You can copy/paste via the edit menu in iFile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

basmati posted:

I'm not using any emulators right now, but I think you actually need to create /var/mobile/Media/ROMS and put them there. You can copy/paste via the edit menu in iFile.

This specific one makes it quite easy it's just in docs, but as far as copy and pasting and downloading, how do I go about downloading a file to my phone? Just the normal process of say downloading in chrome or what have you?

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Team THEOLOGY posted:

This specific one makes it quite easy it's just in docs, but as far as copy and pasting and downloading, how do I go about downloading a file to my phone? Just the normal process of say downloading in chrome or what have you?

I suppose that varies with some of the emulators. Sorry about that. In any case, if you want to do it self-contained on your phone you'd need a download manager for Safari or Chrome (possibly others?) or a browser like Atomic from the App Store that supports downloading. Either way you'd then use iFile to get the rom to its ultimate destination.

Or download it elsewhere and as mentioned use something like iFunbox to get it on your device.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Incredible new Cydia app just dropped for $.99 - Push for Gmail.

To use it you download the official Gmail app from Google. Optionally you can turn off badges and notifications for it.

Then install Push for Gmail and setup your Gmail accounts as Gmail accounts in Settings.app (NOT IMAP or Exchange).

My understanding of the program is that it then watches for any push notifications sent to the official Gmail.app and then triggers Apple Mail.app to fetch when it sees a notification for Gmail.app.

Absolutely perfect for anyone that cannot use Gmail's Exchange capability anymore.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Too bad Gmail app is so much better than mail.app :(

Is there a tweak that defaults mailto links to Gmail?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Eh, yours is a good opinion, but I prefer the Mail.app unified inbox. Having to use Gmail.app and Mail.app for my Exchange email would drive me crazy.

ZippoGuy
Dec 18, 2005

Some say the world
will end in fire...
I'm just helping it along
College Slice

bobfather posted:

Eh, yours is a good opinion, but I prefer the Mail.app unified inbox. Having to use Gmail.app and Mail.app for my Exchange email would drive me crazy.

You could set up your other emails to forward to a unified gmail account. That's what I do and it makes things much easier. Gmail can even send mail as if it's from my other accounts.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
Mail Enhancer 5/6 is pretty okay, in that at the very least it brings some useful new functionality to the default mail app. I'm not totally happy with it but that's mostly shortcomings of the mail.app in the first place. It's actually better than my previous best setup, Sparrow/+.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Ok, so I downloaded Rearmed which is an Emulator and iFile and I am trying to figure out now how to put a drat Rom into var/mobile/documents but feel like a complete idiot because I don't understand how.

Rearmed just added ads to Retroarch, they might have added additional bugs too. Source: http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=563

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

craig588 posted:

Rearmed just added ads to Retroarch, they might have added additional bugs too. Source: http://forum.themaister.net/viewtopic.php?id=563

Very exciting, first emulator and loving it so far.

I haven't been able to find my Pokemon cassette things for years.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Isn't iFile the jailbreak app for browsing your file system from your phone?

If you're on a Mac/Linux, just open a terminal and type scp romfile root@iphoneipaddress:/var/mobile/documents

If you're on Windows it's similar if you use WinSCP

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Jailbroken iphone 6.1.2.

Went to AT&T website to unlock phone. Told me to backup and restore and when I do it'll be unlocked.

Is this going to make me lose my jailbreak forever? Or will I just have to re-jailbreak and it'll be totally worth it for Europe?

I keep trying to use Redsn0w to let me deactive the phone, but I keep getting a 'Unexpected Error"
http://www.letsunlockiphone.com/how-to-deactivate-iphone-redsn0w/

Captain Apollo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 6, 2013

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Captain Apollo posted:

Is this going to make me lose my jailbreak forever?
No, not forever. Just until the next jailbreak for 6.1.3 or greater is released, which will probably be some indeterminate time after iOS 7.0 is released next month (I think it's planned for next month, but don't quote me on that.)

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

randyest posted:

iOS 7.0 is released next month (I think it's planned for next month, but don't quote me on that.)
iOS 7.0 probably won't be out for the public until the new iPhone is released; so around September/October. The beta will most likely start next week.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Why can't I do this Deactivate thing in Redsn0w like literally everybody says i can? I don't get it.

Ev
Aug 3, 2006

Captain Apollo posted:

Why can't I do this Deactivate thing in Redsn0w like literally everybody says i can? I don't get it.

According to someone on reddit you may be able to do that by adding this repo: http://repo.bingner.com and then installing a package called SAM. Running it might (MAYBE) be able to deactivate your phone so that you could reactivate it simply by connecting to iTunes.

I have NOT tried this and make no guarantees as it looks like it worked for someone on iOS 5.something so it very well might not work for 6.1.2. So if you try it, keep in mind that it might not do anything and, who knows, maybe it'll screw something up but it's the only way I've seen that sounds feasible for someone who wasn't able to use Redsn0w.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
For anyone using Retroarch, how can I make memory card saves on the PlayStation emulator? I'm able to save in-game as if I have a memory card in, but there's no data to load when I try to load it. There don't seem to be any options in relation to creating memory card files, either.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Right now he's recommending using save states because he doesn't have a graceful way to deal with closing from IOS timing out automatically. I've had my bluetooth radio jam all other devices by closing Retroarch at the wrong time. He's very active on his forums and it looks like there are about a half dozen commits a week. It's an issue he knows about that'll probably be fixed in a couple of versions. (I'm no author, but it's probably as simple as making it multitasking aware and writing memory cards as soon as it's minimized)

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Nickoten posted:

For anyone using Retroarch, how can I make memory card saves on the PlayStation emulator? I'm able to save in-game as if I have a memory card in, but there's no data to load when I try to load it. There don't seem to be any options in relation to creating memory card files, either.

I had to create a .mcr in the pc and then change the extension, and even then it didn't save one time for no reason, so yeah, better to do savestates.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Anybody know what menubar icon set these icons are from?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

onoflalks posted:

Anybody know what menubar icon set these icons are from?

FlatIcons.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

StatusBar is from Circul8, or at least the signal strength is.

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

Captain Apollo posted:

Jailbroken iphone 6.1.2.

Went to AT&T website to unlock phone. Told me to backup and restore and when I do it'll be unlocked.

Is this going to make me lose my jailbreak forever? Or will I just have to re-jailbreak and it'll be totally worth it for Europe?

I keep trying to use Redsn0w to let me deactive the phone, but I keep getting a 'Unexpected Error"
http://www.letsunlockiphone.com/how-to-deactivate-iphone-redsn0w/
FWIW - I've had AT*T unlock a phone and I didn't do a backup / restore. It just unlocked the next time I synced.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

StatusBar is from Circul8, or at least the signal strength is.

That's what I was after, cheers

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Sorry, nothing to see here, I figured it out.

loudog999 fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 8, 2013

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Back on 5.X.X days Backgrounder was the only thing that let me listen to music in Apps that force quit the music app. Give 'Background Manager' a go by forcing music to always stay in background.

Play music, switch to KOTOR, switch back to music and press play, switch back to KOTOR. That was the sequence with Backgrounder back in the day.

I don't have any music on my jailbroken iPad to test this out with, but let me know if it works.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
And miss hearing the millionth remixes of the same five John Williams songs? Harrumph.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Auxo for iPad is out. $0.99 if you own the iPhone version already, $1.99 otherwise.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

cisneros posted:

I had to create a .mcr in the pc and then change the extension, and even then it didn't save one time for no reason, so yeah, better to do savestates.

Thanks, I'll stick with them for now then.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Tethered jailbreak for 6.1.3 on an iPod touch 4. Every time I try to add a new theme, the background changes but not the icons, with the sole exception (so far) of Gasklart. What am I doing wrong?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I think it's just an iPod Touch thing. I have a 4G on iOS 6.1.2, and the only time icons change is when I personally do it. And that requires me to nose around using iFunBox, and find the internal name of the app (for example, Google+ is actually called EmSea.app).

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Kheldarn posted:

I think it's just an iPod Touch thing. I have a 4G on iOS 6.1.2, and the only time icons change is when I personally do it. And that requires me to nose around using iFunBox, and find the internal name of the app (for example, Google+ is actually called EmSea.app).
Holy Christ. :byodood: Is there a tutorial for that?

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
How can I get the cover not to show when locked and listening to music?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Team THEOLOGY posted:

How can I get the cover not to show when locked and listening to music?

Secret "Now Playing"

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
So, uh, jailbreaking is pretty close to dead after iOS 7 is released.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

maduin posted:

So, uh, jailbreaking is pretty close to dead after iOS 7 is released.

If there was a way to reply to a text from the notification bubble, i wouldn't have a use for jailbreaking when ios7 is out. That being said, I'm probably going to update.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Yeah I think my jail breaking days are over after seeing the new IOS.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
As long as they increase the number of icons in a folder, I won't need to JB. The current limit is ridiculous.

Also, blah blah Newsstand sucks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah crazy that after all this time biteSMS is still so awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Um. Yeah. Goodbye jailbreak.

• Locked thread