Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

You wear a disguise to look like human guys but you're not a man - you're a chicken, Boo

gently caress I had forgotten that. It took me a minute to get the tune and cadence back but now.......I love you mfcrocker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Soulex posted:

They are lined up in front of a USO it looks like. No way it's a brothel.

There's nothing funny about standing in line for a dented can of Saudi Pepsi, disposable razors, and the chance to hear people yell at their wives on the phone.

Charging dick first into a mysterious and possibly dangerous vagina with like 30 other dudes? Now that's cool.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Green shell - Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Blue shell - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU, TURTLE!

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

beato has a new favorite as of 12:21 on Jun 7, 2013

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

twosideddice posted:

Animaniacs. The character was called Chicken Boo and he would dress up like a human and nobody would realize, except for one person who thought everybody else was crazy for not spotting it.

But he didn't post any picture of a chicken? :confused:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

mfcrocker posted:

You wear a disguise to look like human guys but you're not a man - you're a chicken, Boo

I kissed... CHICKEN LIPS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYIcpi8avy4

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Was that director supposed to be Leisure Suit Larry?

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Such a pity he got blacklisted, he must be the best actor of all time.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He even dated Katie Kaboom at some point.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:
This is the greatest stroke of genius the Animaniacs did, in my opinion.

Original of Orson Welles misbehaving while reading ad copy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V14PfDDwxlE

Animaniacs version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX8A2j3jDqg

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The Critic did Orson Welles better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

They lampooned him a few times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7ycxiog40

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Ironically, it was Maurice LaMarche who did the voice for Orson Welles (and the Brain, and Kif Kroker) in both shows.

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.

stubblyhead posted:

Ironically, it was Maurice LaMarche who did the voice for Orson Welles (and the Brain, and Kif Kroker) in both shows.

Maurice LaMarche said in an interview that his voice for the Brain was largely inspired by Orson Welles. That's part of the reason why they wrote in an episode of Brain recording a monologue similar to Welles's. (which was linked in the post a few above mine, now that I've gone back and double-checked)

Content:

suddenly cats has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Jun 7, 2013

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

suddenly cats posted:

Maurice LaMarche said in an interview that his voice for the Brain was largely inspired by Orson Welles.

It's not so much "largely" as "entirely" inspired by it - there was no voice development for Brain like that, they just wanted to give him Orson Welles' voice. I think Yakko is a straight Groucho voice, too, although there might be someone else in there, and Wakko's just a very laid-back Ringo Starr.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

DrBouvenstein posted:

But he didn't post any picture of a chicken? :confused:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nobody gives a poo poo about your desktop, kin.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
stop

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Roger Tangerines posted:

Wakko's just a very laid-back Ringo Starr.

I heard Wakko was originally supposed to sound like Paul McCartney, but Jess Harnell (Wakko's voice actor) either thought the Ringo voice would sound better or couldn't do a Paul McCartney voice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.

quote:

Highlander A
Highlander B
Highlander C
Highlander 2A
Highlander 2B
Highlander 2C
The Hunt For Red October A
The Hunt For Red October B
The Hunt For Red October C

Now I kinda want to see how the Chinese bootleg "Highlander 2C" compares to the original :allears:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Hugs Boson posted:

Now I kinda want to see how the Chinese bootleg "Highlander 2C" compares to the original :allears:

I think we discussed this earlier in the thread. It's mostly likely different audio tracks (dubs) though part of me wants to believe Highlander 2C starts halfway into the movie with the hue shifted.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Hugs Boson posted:

???

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Hugs Boson posted:

Segmentation Fault posted:

I think we discussed this earlier in the thread. It's mostly likely different audio tracks (dubs) though part of me wants to believe Highlander 2C starts halfway into the movie with the hue shifted.

Guys, guys, guys...you're all forgetting a very simple fact.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Well, go on. Who wins?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Similarly:

(For those who don't speak welsh, the bottom text says "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated".)

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
If you were a full-time Welsh translator, and there was somebody else in your office that would understand the note you left in Welsh, why would they need you?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Maybe they were translating Welsh to English, for Welsh customers.

GruntyThrst has a new favorite as of 12:19 on Jun 8, 2013

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
I'm gonna give you like five seconds to figure out why that is a stupid hypothesis

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Possibly the out of office reply was in both languages, they just saw the Welsh and went with that.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Well, go on. Who wins?

The Penis Mightier.

Rids!
Aug 20, 2006

picture this if you will...

Pookah posted:

For those who don't speak welsh,

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Lone Badger posted:

Well, go on. Who wins?

Everyone

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

suddenly cats posted:

Maurice LaMarche said in an interview that his voice for the Brain was largely inspired by Orson Welles. That's part of the reason why they wrote in an episode of Brain recording a monologue similar to Welles's. (which was linked in the post a few above mine, now that I've gone back and double-checked)

Content:

After GIS and googling, we weren't able to find out the origin of the costume on the left, anyone that could shed light on that? It's driving us nuts

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Astrobastard posted:

After GIS and googling, we weren't able to find out the origin of the costume on the left, anyone that could shed light on that? It's driving us nuts

You could message HMC about it, the original source of the photo is actually page 112 of the old PYF cosplay thread

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Jun 8, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The Lone Badger posted:

Well, go on. Who wins?

Does the one under it read "BLACK AMERICAN GANGS: GBS COLLECTION?"

I have so many questions.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

• Locked thread