Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Trig Discipline posted:

you know what they would call taco bell in australia, if they had them here?

they'd call them "the best mexican food in australia"

:(
that's p. weird because over the last few years there's been a literal explosion in mad mex and guzman y gomez places popping up all around australia

i'm not mexican so idk what that poo poo's "supposed" to be like but gyg burritowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
what is your version of mexican food? do you guys eat aboriginal food or is your ethnic dish just prison food?

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
lebonese, turkish and greek food i guess? idk

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

mods namechange posted:

that's p. weird because over the last few years there's been a literal explosion in mad mex and guzman y gomez places popping up all around australia

i'm not mexican so idk what that poo poo's "supposed" to be like but gyg burritowns

yeah guzman y gomez is p much exactly what i'm talking about - it doesn't necessarily taste bad, it just doesn't taste at all like mexican food. it's more like curry in a tortilla, because it's very difficult (and hellishly expensive) to get the ingredients necessary to make actual mexican food in aus. particularly getting the right chiles. i'm seriously tempted to start farming some of the chiles that haven't made it to australia yet, because you can seriously sell a tiny bag of anchos for like ten bucks here that you would pay two dollars for in the us and probably a quarter for in mexico

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
and just to give the americans a sense of perspective: the salsa bar at guzman y gomez is three different types of tabasco sauce

and for the aussies that don't understand what's wrong with that: tabasco sauce is from new orleans, and is seen in actual mexican or tex mex places exactly never. also don't put mayonaise in your guacamole wtf is wrong with you

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat mexican all the time

probably not be fat as hell

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Trig Discipline posted:

tabasco sauce is from new orleans, and is seen in actual mexican or tex mex places exactly never
who cares just eat what tastes nice

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

mayonaise in your guacamole

excuse me? :wtc:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
one time i was visiting melbourne (supposedly the city with the third-largest greek-speaking population in the world, the first two being in literal greece) and went to a "kebab" shop innocently expecting a turkish doner and the motherfuckers put tzatziki on it. bitch that ain't no kebab that's a gyro

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
my wife has this fantasy of moving to holland (she spent a bunch of her formative years there) and if we ever do, i'm tempted to start some kind of "authentic texas cuisine" restaurant that's a combination of tex-mex, luling-style bbq, and the threadgill's menu

this is also because dutch food is apparently awful and then i'd have something proper to eat

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

isn't texan cuisine just bad mexican food with hot sauce on it?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Sweevo posted:

no

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Sweevo posted:

shred up an animal + add a sauce, maybe put all that in a sandwich
or deep fry it

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

shred up an animal + add a sauce, maybe put all that in a sandwich
or deep fry it

Sounds like Scottish food.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

and just to give the americans a sense of perspective: the salsa bar at guzman y gomez is three different types of tabasco sauce

and for the aussies that don't understand what's wrong with that: tabasco sauce is from new orleans, and is seen in actual mexican or tex mex places exactly never. also don't put mayonaise in your guacamole wtf is wrong with you

http://www.hellmanns.com/recipes/detail/27988/1/guacamole-dip

:)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Thumbquat posted:

Sounds like Scottish food.

no way, the sauce might have vegetables in - which no true scotchman would willingly eat

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Sweevo posted:

isnt american food just fast food anyway

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

their recipe for greek pizza has mayonnaise in it too

if you go to the hellman's website for recipes you deserve what you get

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

mods namechange posted:

one time i was visiting melbourne (supposedly the city with the third-largest greek-speaking population in the world, the first two being in literal greece) and went to a "kebab" shop innocently expecting a turkish doner and the motherfuckers put tzatziki on it. bitch that ain't no kebab that's a gyro

why would greek people not make turkish food?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Trig Discipline posted:

mayonaise in your guacamole

burn australia down

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

DaTroof posted:

their recipe for greek pizza has mayonnaise in it too

if you go to the hellman's website for recipes you deserve what you get

There's even a whole hispanic section! Yum Yum!

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trig Discipline posted:

mayonaise in your guacamole wtf is wrong with you

What the hell

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

There's even a whole hispanic section! Yum Yum!

im sure those recipes all suck but mexicans seriously love mayonnaise

never seen a hot dog stand or corn guy without it. even in a nice seafood restaurant, oftentimes you just get a big dish of mayonnaise on teh side

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

goddamnedtwisto posted:

why would greek people not make turkish food?
idk the place was advertised as a "kebab" shop and it was probably all staffed by asians anyway

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

lmao at this entire post

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cream_Filling posted:

im sure those recipes all suck but mexicans seriously love mayonnaise

never seen a hot dog stand or corn guy without it. even in a nice seafood restaurant, oftentimes you just get a big dish of mayonnaise on teh side

nothing wrong with mayonnaise but you don't loving put it in guacamole

that is a revolting travesty on the level of "would you like some butter with your ice cream?"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
butter pecan ice cream is ok tho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
last night i made some booooombbbb assssssssss shredded chicken tacos man i want some of those fking leftovers right now poo poo

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

dried peppers are like $6/lb at walmart why would they be much higher in aus. they keep for fuckin ever

fresh peppers, otoh...

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nomnom Cookie posted:

dried peppers are like $6/lb at walmart why would they be much higher in aus. they keep for fuckin ever

fresh peppers, otoh...

because aqis

importing anything with seeds that could potentially germinate is a huge issue, and usually requires months in quarantine. also shipping to aus is expensive as gently caress on top of that

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1360501894/darkmatter-xbox-laptop-and-diy-kit

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

everyone who pitches in deserves what they get

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

someone paid $1,249 US EARTH DOLLARS

for a loving modded xbox with his name engraved

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Why would you pay $1000 for an Xbox 360

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
on the subject of mexican food: london is barely catching up with most mid-sized american cities, but jfc at least we have a nice variety of real british-grown chillies and our guac doesn't have loving mayo(!!!!!!) in it!

Nelson MandEULA fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 9, 2013

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

i guess it's cheaper than a gaming laptop of equivalent power?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ah yes, where to find a sub-1k laptop with 512 megabytes of ram in tyool 2013

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

a generously sized, 15.6" 720P display with 1366x768 resolution.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

WorkingPeer posted:

i guess it's cheaper than a gaming laptop of equivalent power?

a gaming laptop of equivalent power to an xbox 360 would be any laptop at all manufactured in the past 4 years that has a dedicated graphics card a multicore processor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Install Gentoo posted:

a gaming laptop of equivalent power to an xbox 360 would be any laptop at all manufactured in the past 4 years that has a dedicated graphics card a multicore processor.

yeah, i suppose so.

• Locked thread