Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Cute thread, meet Pepper:

D'aww, kitty. :3:

Hope you get along well for many years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Cute thread, meet Pepper:

Adopted her on Tuesday. The first night she was home, when I went to bed, she jumped into bed, climbed up onto my chest, and licked my nose. She slept there all night, and has slept either on me or next to me every night since. She starts purring as soon as I touch her, and her squeaky little mew greets me when I come home or if she smells people food cooking.

She's the best cat.

New kitties are the best kitties, when you're learning their personality and what they like and funny things they do. :3: The last cat we got, Buttercup, was super terrified of everything when we got her, then after everyone else was in bed and I was up late reading, I felt a cat nose on my hand, and she mewed at me all pathetic and tiny like, and jumped up on my chair with me for pets.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.

HUG ME FOREVER posted:

A cockatiel singing with piano accompaniment.

http://youtu.be/mLjqMXz4fp4

OK, this is killing me. Is this a real song? It sounds super familiar and I just can't place it. So drat adorable though. :3:

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.

forkbucket posted:

OK, this is killing me. Is this a real song? It sounds super familiar and I just can't place it. So drat adorable though. :3:

Sounds like the ending song from My Neighbor Totoro, if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtI1Rf_wPo0

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I posted that gif here a couple months ago but someone cropped out the dad in your version. Here, this one is cuter. Dads :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BattleMaster posted:

Capybabies doing capybaby things. So much cuddling, squeezing, and ear nibbling :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBjgYj1kyM

:kimchi:

I died. I am dead. The baby capybaras were just too cute for me to handle, inform my next of kin.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Tumblr posted:

The dog has an issue where his esophagus doesn’t work right; it doesn’t get food in there right because it’s all stretched out and stuff. So what dog owners (and cat owners and I guarantee you the cat ones look goofier) do is make a highchair and feed them upright so gravity can be a hero. It’s also really cute.
The disorder is called Megaesophagus.

Here is a cat with the same disorder in his eatin’ sock.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

EATIN' SOCK and doggie high chairs I can't handle it. :psyduck:

Hormones
May 9, 2009

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUcCZTnImCI

eee!

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I just caught this commercial yesterday and had to post it here.

I want to experience happiness like this.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Since we're apparently allowed to post pictures of pets here, allow me to post... my brother's dog.

Meet Hank. Hank is a 3 year old Weimaraner and for the record, he's almost never this subdued, but times like this when he's almost asleep are the only times we can get pictures of him.

When he does finally wear himself out, then he's a really sweet dog and loves to cuddle on the couch. According to my brother and his wife, Hank enjoys, "being the big spoon", though I'm sure I have no idea what they're talking about :v:

Recently my brother just had his first kid, Jack (that's Jack's blanket in the first picture there.) Before he was born, some friends and family were worried that Hank would be jealous of the new baby, but those of us who take care of Hank know better :smugdog:

I'm sure they'll get along just-

:staredog:

Veggie Patties
Apr 22, 2010

Before I felt fine,
but now I feel weird.

BattleMaster posted:

Capybabies doing capybaby things. So much cuddling, squeezing, and ear nibbling :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBjgYj1kyM

At first he was trying to resist the merciless ear snarfing, but finally he saw it was in vain and surrendered. "Oh god, do what you must then!" Snarf grunt snorkel smobber grumpf.

Final Cause
Dec 10, 2005

Pretentious username
I feel pretty good today for the first time in a while because I live over the way from an idiot who I was warned about when I first moved in and who today got taken away. He’s a general small drug dealer type but what I couldn’t stand was that he verbally, and then later physically, abused his wife and kid. Plenty of people in the area knew about this and I was warned by a neighbour to steer clear of him. No one was doing anything about him though.

Anyway back in January I called the police because he was in the street yelling at his wife and the kids were crying and all that. As with these things when they turned up his partner defended him saying he’s not usually like that and he’s a good person really.

Then over the past month it has been getting worse. In one instance he threw her out and she was sat on her doorstep while he was yelling at her to find somewhere else to live. I don’t like him dealing drugs near my place nor the people he attracts nor him hitting his wife and kid so I started an E/N thread to get some ideas and people gave me some good ideas I never would have thought of such as contacting my local bobby (I live in a really small area) if the larger police force aren’t interested. The local policeman is more interested in local affairs and probably already knew of him so he could help. I also called the NSPCC and told them everything I see on a weekly if not daily basis.

Anyway this morning the police contacted me to thank me for all my help and assured me they were doing something about it. Then at lunch time today out of the blue the police raided his house. I took some pictures which you can see in the E/N thread. I overheard all the commotion and the wife didn’t come to his defence when the police officer told him he was under arrest for dealing, possession, and assault which made me feel good because I’m hoping it means that she can move on with her life. I know how complicated these things are but maybe, hopefully, she won’t defend him to the end and will leave him and he’ll go to prison and the NSPCC can help her family move on without him.

I was told the police will contact me later so I can give my evidence. I’m really hoping he never comes back so we never have to hear him shouting at his wife and kid and I never have to hear my elderly neighbour next door telling me she doesn’t go out in the evening because there are usually shady people around his place.

Anyway it's a feel good story thanks to the people in the EN thread giving good advice and taking an interest and it's good that the police did something when they had enough to go on.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Final Cause posted:

I feel pretty good today for the first time in a while because I live over the way from an idiot who I was warned about when I first moved in and who today got taken away. He’s a general small drug dealer type but what I couldn’t stand was that he verbally, and then later physically, abused his wife and kid. Plenty of people in the area knew about this and I was warned by a neighbour to steer clear of him. No one was doing anything about him though.

Anyway back in January I called the police because he was in the street yelling at his wife and the kids were crying and all that. As with these things when they turned up his partner defended him saying he’s not usually like that and he’s a good person really.

Then over the past month it has been getting worse. In one instance he threw her out and she was sat on her doorstep while he was yelling at her to find somewhere else to live. I don’t like him dealing drugs near my place nor the people he attracts nor him hitting his wife and kid so I started an E/N thread to get some ideas and people gave me some good ideas I never would have thought of such as contacting my local bobby (I live in a really small area) if the larger police force aren’t interested. The local policeman is more interested in local affairs and probably already knew of him so he could help. I also called the NSPCC and told them everything I see on a weekly if not daily basis.

Anyway this morning the police contacted me to thank me for all my help and assured me they were doing something about it. Then at lunch time today out of the blue the police raided his house. I took some pictures which you can see in the E/N thread. I overheard all the commotion and the wife didn’t come to his defence when the police officer told him he was under arrest for dealing, possession, and assault which made me feel good because I’m hoping it means that she can move on with her life. I know how complicated these things are but maybe, hopefully, she won’t defend him to the end and will leave him and he’ll go to prison and the NSPCC can help her family move on without him.

I was told the police will contact me later so I can give my evidence. I’m really hoping he never comes back so we never have to hear him shouting at his wife and kid and I never have to hear my elderly neighbour next door telling me she doesn’t go out in the evening because there are usually shady people around his place.

Anyway it's a feel good story thanks to the people in the EN thread giving good advice and taking an interest and it's good that the police did something when they had enough to go on.

And it's feel good that you took action and did something about it and didn't just shrug your shoulders and hope someone else would handle it. You took the initiative and worked with the police and made this happen and so you should definitely feel good about this. Well done.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

I am about. to. die.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

A corgi trying to leave a tent

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Final Cause posted:

loving good work man. If you're in Oregon, PM me so I can buy you a beer.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
Man to his dog, "I went to the pet store today."
Dog, "No way!"

I'll let you discover the rest of this unusual story :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbHRaNNBuY

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Pilli posted:

Man to his dog, "I went to the pet store today."
Dog, "No way!"

I'll let you discover the rest of this unusual story :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbHRaNNBuY

The guy who makes these could literally do the same video over and over again w/ different dogs, and I would watch all of them, all the time, forever.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE
I have discovered the prettiest, hairiest horse :3:

I love hairy horses :swoon:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

moosepoop posted:

I have discovered the prettiest, hairiest horse :3:

I love hairy horses :swoon:

That is one hell of a glamorous horse.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pookah posted:

That is one hell of a glamorous horse.

Draft horses are the best.
Purebreeds are massive, massive divas. Especially the arabian horse. That one is a dick.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Kookaburras are awesome and ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qix6oUxim3Q

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Purebreeds are massive, massive divas. Especially the arabian horse. That one is a dick.
Holy poo poo, yes. When I started taking riding lessons, the first horse I rode was this white arabian named Barbie. She was so lazy, sometimes she wouldn't trot even if you kicked her as hard as you could. Now I'm on a thoroughbred. :getin:

Baby lynx breaks out of its enclosure at the Munich zoo and wanders around in the area its trapped in, making bird noises.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eamcCmnmRDM

Baby orangutans cling to each other when a macaque comes near them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTvede9eWQ8

Golden snub nosed monkey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-jhZTabU1M

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

I like to think that when the little grey guy grew up, s/he met the black cat (obviously the party wizard) again and they had adventures.

HEY GUNS has a new favorite as of 23:49 on Jun 9, 2013

Pheeets
Sep 17, 2004

Are ya gonna come quietly, or am I gonna have to muss ya up?

HEGEL SMOKE A J posted:

I like to think that when the little grey guy grew up, s/he met the black cat (obviously the party wizard) again and they had adventures.

I love that the whole story is told without words, the facial expressions are perfect. And I like that the name of this story is "M", as in the M on the tabby kitten's forehead.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pheeets posted:

I love that the whole story is told without words, the facial expressions are perfect. And I like that the name of this story is "M", as in the M on the tabby kitten's forehead.
And I love that the kittens look like a row of tabby dinner rolls.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

I'd like this story to come across anybody and everybody who's having a hard day, any time and every time they do. Also I hope someone one day makes an animation out of it, with pretty music and sound effects in the background. :3:

ToiletOtter
Jun 18, 2007

Our Sammy singing a Serious solo Song.
Shi tzu stray evades animal control for 2 years, but is finally caught.
The before and after pictures are great. Good dog, Biscuit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

My first horse was a four year old Arabian gelding and never was there a sweeter horse. :3:

However, my friend had an Arabian black stallion and he was horrible. She had to paint a line on the ground around his stall that marked the limits of his reach because he would bite anything that got close.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

Out of all the different dogs I've had, I can definitely say that doxies have the most blissful sleepy face.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pheeets posted:

Heh, a guy over in pet island found a kitten with a forehead M a little bit back. Named him Monty after the letter.

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
I'm on a weird prairie dog kick today.

Bucky the Prairie Dog's Play Time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxJEESmL70c

Prairie dog "Barky" my prairie dog doing his happy yippee and grunting sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxg1fsUcRiw

particle409 has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Jun 10, 2013

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

MikeJF posted:

Heh, a guy over in pet island found a kitten with a forehead M a little bit back. Named him Monty after the letter.

:eng101: An "M" on the forehead is actually one of distinctive markings of a common tabby. It's not an absolute, but the vast majority of tabby cats will have an "M" in varying degress of prominence on their foreheads.

To contribute, neither of our cats like people food (thankfully!), yet they will flip poo poo if they aren't allowed to inspect/investigate whatever it is we are eating. Here is Ford with a marshmallow.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Boomerjinks posted:

To contribute, neither of our cats like people food (thankfully!), yet they will flip poo poo if they aren't allowed to inspect/investigate whatever it is we are eating. Here is Ford with a marshmallow.

You either have very small hands or that is a gigantic marshmallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Boomerjinks posted:

:eng101: An "M" on the forehead is actually one of distinctive markings of a common tabby. It's not an absolute, but the vast majority of tabby cats will have an "M" in varying degress of prominence on their foreheads.

Where the hell do you get such huge marshmallows?

• Locked thread