Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008
http://www.instagram.com/drewsiah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Solitude, Kanazawa, 2013 by alkanphel, on Flickr

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

the kawaiiest posted:

It is pretty awesome. Sometimes you get lame stuff like feet and ceiling fans but you'll get cool stuff too. There's a subreddit for sharing cool randos, it's kinda new but has a few nice posts already: http://www.reddit.com/r/randopics/

I did get a penis the other day (a very sad little penis) but it was the first one I saw in 500+ randos that I received. If you do get inappropriate stuff just double tap the image and flag it, they'll ban the user.

I have gotten both a foot and a ceiling fan, but for the most part it's pictures of babies, and buildings, and flowers, that the taker can make interesting in the Rando circle. I love the app and won't stop using it. It pressures me into consistently taking a picture of quality that I would hope to receive in return. It's addictive.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Frost and Window by alkanphel, on Flickr

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Gone with the wind by jarkkoparkko, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Green Fields and Fog by alkanphel, on Flickr

Charlie Bubblegum
Feb 28, 2004

a charlie come a charlie come a bubble gum

www.instagram.com/lambrettabrad

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
I like a lot of yours but this rules.

My favorite from the weekend:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Underpass (around dawn) by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Walking home at 4am after being out since 7pm, dawn breaking :)

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

Arrowe Park lake by beigefifteen, on Flickr
We were walking in the park about 18 months ago. It was raining and we stopped on a flat bridge for a cigarette. I took this picture with a little Wildfire S while holding an umbrella.

Birkenhead park panoramic by beigefifteen, on Flickr
This picture was taken with a HTC One X.

E: This was taken about 45 minutes ago. I don't really have the eye for photography or photo-manipulation but it'll do.

2013-6-4 Beach Bike Ride (1) by beigefifteen, on Flickr

Beige fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 4, 2013

widunder
May 2, 2002

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I have a shot of that bike too, somewhere, from another angle.
(You seem to be in Stockholm. We should meet up some time!)

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
Can I ask for advice here?

All I have for picture taking tools is my Android phone and I've been asked (for my job) to try and take pictures of 5-30ft pillars of flame. At night. I'm not expecting to get any crystal clear pictures, but is there something I can do to cut down on the massive glare I've been getting from both the flame and other surrounding lights?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

John Cenas Jorts posted:

Can I ask for advice here?

All I have for picture taking tools is my Android phone and I've been asked (for my job) to try and take pictures of 5-30ft pillars of flame. At night. I'm not expecting to get any crystal clear pictures, but is there something I can do to cut down on the massive glare I've been getting from both the flame and other surrounding lights?

Not really. You can try setting a stop or two of negative exposure compensation but frankly flaming pillars at night is not an ideal cellphone camera subject.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

8th-samurai posted:

flaming pillars at night is not an ideal cellphone camera subject.

ha tell me about it. I'll try what you suggested though, thanks

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

8th-samurai posted:

but frankly flaming pillars at night is not an ideal cellphone camera subject.
You'd have to know what you're doing even with a real camera; best you can do with a cell phone is get the best shot you can then hope you can improve it in photoshop later.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
I'm getting so tired of all the spam on Instagram. I've locked my account because I just couldn't deal with it. It's weird because I only have like 30 followers and my photos never make it to the popular page but I always get a ton of spam the moment I post a photo anyway. It's really annoying.

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 12, 2014

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

the kawaiiest posted:

2013-06-04 14.57.45 by kawaiiest, on Flickr

I'm getting so tired of all the spam on Instagram. I've locked my account because I just couldn't deal with it. It's weird because I only have like 30 followers and my photos never make it to the popular page but I always get a ton of spam the moment I post a photo anyway. It's really annoying.
That's an awesome shot, nice DOF.

Do you get spam comments, or just spammers "liking" your stuff? I used to get comments, but I'd just delete and report them; I don't see them anymore, even on other people's photos. All I get now (and they account for about a quarter of my meager number of likes) are spammers "liking" my stuff or following me, and I can identify 90% of them just by their picture (hot girl) or username.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

jackpot posted:

That's an awesome shot, nice DOF.

Do you get spam comments, or just spammers "liking" your stuff? I used to get comments, but I'd just delete and report them; I don't see them anymore, even on other people's photos. All I get now (and they account for about a quarter of my meager number of likes) are spammers "liking" my stuff or following me, and I can identify 90% of them just by their picture (hot girl) or username.

Oh thank you!

I get both kinds of spam. I've found that the bots are the ones liking my photos, and the spam is coming from actual users, usually children (literally children, like, 11 year olds) and teenagers, and it's usually weird self-promotion for accounts that shouldn't even be on Instagram in the first place, poo poo like "lolpix" "memes4eva" and "best fashion photos" and so on. There doesn't seem to be any money or anything like that involved, it's just kids trying to get more likes and followers to show off to their buddies or something.

Also, Instagram has been butchering my photos lately. Here's a photo, saved from my Instagram feed:

Look at the car. Look at it. The car and everything in the background, all jagged and weird. This is what the photo actually looks like:

20130606_105001_20130606110017791 by kawaiiest, on Flickr

This has been happening to every photo I upload. I don't know if Instagram just can't handle the resolution of my photos or what but Christ it's awful. I think maybe it's sharpening the photos to death? It's terrible, whatever it is.

I should probably just move to flickr anyway. Between the huge amount of storage and the communities, I see no reason to stick with Instagram anymore.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Instagram photos are really low resolution. I've been using it less and less, and I always take a photo with the default camera app first before running it through Instagram so that I have a good original to work with if I ever need to.

Here's some purty flowers:

2013-06-06 16.18.23 by chazaraz, on Flickr

And my stupid rear end:

2013-06-05 12.23.14 by chazaraz, on Flickr

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Oh my God that IS SO CUTE oh God :3: aaaaa

e: the dog, not you. I mean... not that you're ugly! I just... uh... words I don't know how to use them :saddowns:

Percy Teatwillow
Jan 9, 2006

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
Here's a couple that I've taken recently, I think they turned out alright.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

the kawaiiest posted:

Oh my God that IS SO CUTE oh God :3: aaaaa

e: the dog, not you. I mean... not that you're ugly! I just... uh... words I don't know how to use them :saddowns:

Woody Walk by chazaraz, on Flickr

Mt. Wilson camp by chazaraz, on Flickr

El Cajon Descent by chazaraz, on Flickr

Beastruction
Feb 16, 2005
Who needs a Holga when you can just shake your phone up and down while mashing the button

Photo Jun 08, 6 00 13 PM by patnumber8, on Flickr

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

This is great. There have been a ton of times I think I'm getting my lines all straight like this, only to see later that they're distorted as hell.

Finally got the reflection right, after dozens of attempts:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

edit: hey if anyone wants to follow me on instagram I'm @0oagar I'd love to see some interesting stuff, i've only got a couple of people on my feed and they're friends who just post pictures of themselves & their dinners

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 12, 2013

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

some thing I saw walking to the corner store here's a stupid moody cell phone pic

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
:3:

Untitled by kawaiiest, on Flickr

Untitled by kawaiiest, on Flickr

e: also Woody is the cutest dog.

the kawaiiest fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 13, 2013

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I just downloaded that repix app as per someone mentioning in this thread, I can vouch for it... it's really cool. Love that you can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, vibrance, plus a heap of filters which I thinkk are nicer than instagram (and it exports the pictures straight to instagram too if you want) and plus the cool little brush efx.

I don't like having to pay to unlock more and more features of it i think it would have been better to just pay for it all in one go but whatever, it's a solid photo editing app for the phone and gets two thumbs up from me. very addictive

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Is there a reason that Flickr for Android sucks so bad? Uploading photos takes forever, sometimes it stalls out and forces a reupload which leads to me having to delete 7 copies of the same photo.

Dropbox works waaaaaaaaay more reliably in comparison.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Not a Numbers Station by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

One of those times when I wished for my dslr to catch these imposing clouds, but 'the camera you have' etc :)

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
We recently upgraded from Droid X2's to Razr HD's, so the camera has been upgraded as well. Still not perfect, but so much better than it was.

upload by Donrufie, on Flickr

A work in progress. by Donrufie, on Flickr

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I was helping my friend shoot some photos of some charcuterie he made (with a real camera) and decided to snap this with my N4 before breaking down the lights:

GQ Flickr Edit by chazaraz, on Flickr

Edited with tools from the stock Android Gallery and Flickr.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

The view from 210

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

Ropes4u posted:

The view from 210

Oh that's gorgeous. Do you work on these?

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

little big burger by s-bothun, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Just got an HTC ONE the camera seems pretty spiffy.