Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caufman
May 7, 2007

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Fffffuuuuuck, all these sons and grandsons are draining my pockets too much as a Republic. Do I really have to :ese: them all?

You can give them landed titles and make them mayors/barons/bishops of Bumfuck, Republic. I don't know if this is a long-term solution because revoking titles as a republic is hard as hell. (I personally removed the restriction against republics having medium crown laws. Federalism, deal with it.)

Before the harsh trade practice penalties on trade post limits, I half-rear end did the math and found that it's generally still profitable to have a big family. I don't know if that's the case anymore when there's a 50% limit penalty.

I also sometimes use console commands to force a matrilineal marriage to my daughters and nieces. Damnit, the Corleones did it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Oh my God! I would restart if I were you. Noone has defeated a large AI empire in this game.

I fell down to being a count and have 40 gold. I can't do diddly dick until I get the funds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I fell down to being a count and have 40 gold. I can't do diddly dick until I get the funds.

That's part of the fun. Devote your family line to wiping Tengriism from the face of the earth.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I am 35 pages behind this thread but after 20 pages of goon sperginess about "pretty borders" I was hoping that Wiz hasn't done his last CK2 plus because I want him to add something that makes every county a random color because pretty border colors are the dumbest thing to complain or freak out about. It's not ADD, it's just really dumb and the gooniest thing possible.

So please Wiz, can you do that if you haven't made the last CK2 plus, thank you I will love you forever. That or make all county colors black. :sparkles:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Necroneocon posted:

I am 35 pages behind this thread but after 20 pages of goon sperginess about "pretty borders" I was hoping that Wiz hasn't done his last CK2 plus because I want him to add something that makes every county a random color because pretty border colors are the dumbest thing to complain or freak out about. It's not ADD, it's just really dumb and the gooniest thing possible.

So please Wiz, can you do that if you haven't made the last CK2 plus, thank you I will love you forever. That or make all county colors black. :sparkles:

Are you mad? Pretty borders is the name of the game.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So one of my counties randomly became a duchy separate from mine, is this the King's doing? The only choice I have is to pretty much take it back by force down the line now?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lyer posted:

So one of my counties randomly became a duchy separate from mine, is this the King's doing? The only choice I have is to pretty much take it back by force down the line now?

Maybe they're passing outside your realm through inheritance or another country is sniping them when they rebel.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Maybe they're passing outside your realm through inheritance or another country is sniping them when they rebel.

My dad passed the county title to my brother way back when after he revoked the title so it wouldn't fall outside the realm. It was a part of my duchy for a good 6 years before it became a separate one.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Necroneocon posted:

I am 35 pages behind this thread but after 20 pages of goon sperginess about "pretty borders"
Stop right there, I am all about pretty duchy borders... because I'm playing the Republic of Scandinavia (Gotland > Sweden > Sc.) and can't use medium crown authority, so even just one county out of place ensures a decade-long de jure war. The new 'Retract Vassal' option is a godsend.

Caufman posted:

revoking titles as a republic is hard as hell.
Yeah, I find myself looking for new and exciting ways to prompt rebellions so I can imprison them and take their poo poo away. I spent fifteen years as a Waldensian to see if I could get a newly vassalized former queen of Sweden to rebel. She spent all those years at -100 with me and didn't even start a faction. On the plus side, I did steal half of Norway in holy wars.

On that note, am I missing any options here for revocation?

A. Get a claim on the title, or
B. Take one title after they rebel.

Easiest way to make them rebel is to try to imprison them and fail, but of course you have to have a reason, like excommunication or plot membership. Excommunication is great because it's reusable; until they get recommunicated you can keep imprisoning them and releasing them and imprisoning them and releasing them, up to as many rebellions (= revoked titles) as you were hoping to provoke.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I started playing again a few weeks before the latest DLC after a huge gap going all the way before the Rise of Islam DLC. Is it just me or does the AI make much better marriages.

It used to be that a heir passing out of your control was a disaster because he would marry a complete nobody. Now it seems when that happens my heir always makes a great marriage. Of course him passing out of my control is still a disaster do to him joining the stupidest rebellions possible and pissing away the potential of the aforementioned marriage.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Necroneocon posted:

You are a monster! A monster I say.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

....Pneumonia can pass in CK2?

It's the first time this has ever happened to me in all my way-too-long time spent playing it. Usually my rulers have it till it kills them or they just happen to die.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Rejected Fate posted:

....Pneumonia can pass in CK2?

It's the first time this has ever happened to me in all my way-too-long time spent playing it. Usually my rulers have it till it kills them or they just happen to die.

Yeah, it can, but 95% of the time it's a death sentence.

Maimed can pass, too! Apparently it's possible to spontaneously regenerate a leg.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Is there any reason Croatia is de jure ERE in vanilla? It just seems to lead to Croatia never staying independent because it's pretty much impossible for them to deal with ERE doomstacks.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Dauntasa posted:

Yeah, it can, but 95% of the time it's a death sentence.

Maimed can pass, too! Apparently it's possible to spontaneously regenerate a leg.

Well it's kinda cool that it happened to my kind-scholar-pious ruler who converted to Christianity.

In my mind this is now the Miracle of Queen Wszebora and the affirmation of the one true faith.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
I'm pretty sure pneumonia is always fatal if your health is below a certain value (4?), which is why it'll usually, but not always, kill you

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necroneocon posted:

You do know its not the colours we mean when we talk about pretty borders right. Its the shape of them.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Necroneocon posted:

I don't get it. Why would you play CK2 if not for the pretty borders? :confused:

I just had a nice experience with gavelkind (unpatched because Gamersgate). As the petty king of most of Norway I started a prepared invasion of Sicily, and took it from the Byzantines. Then I formed the Kingdoms of Norway and Sicily, and a bit later my king died and left his lands to his two sons. I had changed my primary title to be the king of Sicily, and my first son inherited the kingdom of Sicily, the duchy of Sicily and all six counties in the duchy, including Palermo, which I had made my capital earlier. My younger son inherited the kingdom of Norway, duchy of Ostlandet and the three counties in it. Both realms were split up in the most logical way, with all my holdings and vassals in Norway going to my younger son and all my holdings in Sicily going to my eldest. So it can work like you would expect it to.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Peasant revolts shouldn't be hostile to everyone.

I just lost more of my men to a peasant revolt against the heathen that was ATTACKING me than the heathen himself.

I don't care that you want an independent Frisia, drat it!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Kainser posted:

You can capture people in any form of war.

Yeah I'm capturing loads of people (mostly children, what the hell) by sieging castles. Don't think I had any Mongol prisoners yet though.
What would I do once I get one? Ask him to convert which he can't refuse due to being in prison, release him and then invite him to my court?
Or if it's a woman, ask her to convert and then marry her into my court?

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Winter Stormer posted:

A. Get a claim on the title, or
B. Take one title after they rebel.

This is why CK2+ is essential. It adds a new plot: framing your vassals for treason.

It may also have allowed you to revoke all titles, maybe? I forget, I've spent too long in the dark ages of vanilla.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Ugh, seems like that beta patch tripled the number of peasant rebellions. :(

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

To the guy who made Girl Power: for some reason the mod crashes my game when I hit the resign button to go back to the main menu. Bit annoying. I'm also running truemute and the other performance mod I can't remember the name of, but it doesn't happen when I run just those two without GP, so it's definitely that. Running 1.101 or whatever the beta patch is. Any ideas? :(

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Allyn posted:

To the guy who made Girl Power: for some reason the mod crashes my game when I hit the resign button to go back to the main menu. Bit annoying. I'm also running truemute and the other performance mod I can't remember the name of, but it doesn't happen when I run just those two without GP, so it's definitely that. Running 1.101 or whatever the beta patch is. Any ideas? :(

It doesn't do that for me! I'm sorry it does that for you. :(

I have no idea! I just tweak things, I don't claim to understand how any of it actually works.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
730 hours of CK2, got gates of hell event chain for the first time

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I have no idea! I just tweak things, I don't claim to understand how any of it actually works.

Fair enough; and yeah, I understand even less of how it works. Was worth an ask, anyway, thanks. :)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Kainser posted:

You can capture people in any form of war.

Exactly, war. You don't need to officially war to raid, you can just show up with 10,000 screaming Norsemen, which is far safer.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

Exactly, war. You don't need to officially war to raid, you can just show up with 10,000 screaming Norsemen, which is far safer.

War against he Ilkhanate was actually going pretty well but they reformed Tengri so the Golden Horde heeded their call to arms. And then an independence revolt happened in my North African holdings :v:

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Necroneocon posted:

Please, Wiz. Please.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Rumda posted:

You do know its not the colours we mean when we talk about pretty borders right. Its the shape of them.

That... That's even worse. :negative:

northern_monkey
Mar 30, 2010
College Slice
I have managed to get hold of Sweden and Norway, reformed the Norse faith after sneaking an invasion of Zeeland in the midst of a Lotharingian peasant uprising and my 73 year old King Bjorn has just instituted elective monarchy for the kingdoms of both Sweden and Norway. His daughter is twice the leader that his eldest son is and after nominating her for succession for both kingdoms several of my vassals have backed her as well which is great.

However I haven't used elective monarchy before so i am worried because of the agnatic-cognatic succession rule that is still in place. Whats the difference between Agnatic-Cognatic and straight up Cognatic for succession when you have an elective monarchy? I'm worried that a pretender will come in with less votes but will win because he is male...? My dipshit eldest son and, more worryingly from a dynasty point of view, Haraldr Fairhair are looming in the background...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

northern_monkey posted:

I have managed to get hold of Sweden and Norway, reformed the Norse faith after sneaking an invasion of Zeeland in the midst of a Lotharingian peasant uprising and my 73 year old King Bjorn has just instituted elective monarchy for the kingdoms of both Sweden and Norway. His daughter is twice the leader that his eldest son is and after nominating her for succession for both kingdoms several of my vassals have backed her as well which is great.

However I haven't used elective monarchy before so i am worried because of the agnatic-cognatic succession rule that is still in place. Whats the difference between Agnatic-Cognatic and straight up Cognatic for succession when you have an elective monarchy? I'm worried that a pretender will come in with less votes but will win because he is male...? My dipshit eldest son and, more worryingly from a dynasty point of view, Haraldr Fairhair are looming in the background...

There's no difference, none whatsoever. For the purposes of selecting your heir to be anyone you want, Ag-Cog more than suffices. I've found that giving your heir land helps them win, because they'll vote for themselves, giving another vote to the cause. So if you want to give females land, Cognatic is a good choice. But the point is that Ag-Cog will grant your successor, male or female, the title when you die, just as long as they have enough votes.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Necroneocon posted:

SO you like having random counties in the middle of your neighbour, or vis-versa, all we mean is having the de-jure territory of a title, or maybe up to a natural border, no more spergy than most countries throughout time.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 9, 2013

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah I was getting that too. I assumed it was the beta patch at first but I turned off girl power and it stopped. It worked fine before so something doesn't match up with girl power and the new beta patch.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

:gibs: Ten years and 4000 gold later, Ive crushed the rebellion and reunited my Grandfather's realm. Essentially every vassal is in prison, but Im able to work on expanding Mercia and Lancaster. Seeing lots of cousins on thrones in Norway, France, and Castille, too, so I know what to do next generation.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Is there some way of stopping my character trying to march off and get himself killed everytime I raise an army?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Necroneocon posted:

Look, nationalism isn't really a thing in this time period.

So god drat it we shall work to make our lands aesthetically pleasing on a map instead of trying to gobble up the right culture/s.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Trujillo posted:

Yeah I was getting that too. I assumed it was the beta patch at first but I turned off girl power and it stopped. It worked fine before so something doesn't match up with girl power and the new beta patch.

Okay, I'll look into it! What's weird is that I'm pretty sure I started Girl Power after the new beta patch came out, using only the vanilla CK2 files.

Unless another patch came out? That doesn't make sense, we'd have heard about it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Necroneocon posted:

You don't really 'get' Paradox games, do you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Dauntasa posted:

This is actually a bug, if a Maimed person gets Wounded again in a random event, it won't actually show the Wounded, but you can get the 'Wound Healed into a Scar' event anyway, which removes Maimed as well.

• Locked thread