Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Geop posted:

But, uh, I'm in a tight spot, see? I'm in the middle of the boonies, no healing supplies, under 25% health, and NO CAR. Unless it warps you back home, I'm hoping that logging out/closing the game anywhere will heal you. Is this correct? :ohdear: Marcus is pretty rad, and I'm getting attached to the guy!

Switch to someone at home and marcus will go through the long boring process of sneaking back himself. You don't have to be at the house to change characters, you just need to be somewhere with no red zombie dots on your minimap. Can't be in a car, and no they won't drive home. Also, if you had a car parked at their house, it will be on the street in front of the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Grishka posted:

Ed had the 'spiteful' trait and had a thing for beating every woman in the camp. So after sending Sam to the infirmary with a broken arm I decided I had enough of his poo poo and he needed to go.

He got 2 painkillers, 2 coffees, a snack, and whatever weapons he found. He would scavenge as much as he could (individually, he was not allowed to call on other survivors) clear as many infestations as he could, and would generally try to be a much nicer person.

Now that he's thrown himself into the jaws of encroaching zombie hordes about six times he has a bunch of maxed out stats and he's gained the 'determined' trait and doesn't mess around with anybody. I still want him to die for messing with Sam though :argh:

How does this happen? None of it has occurred in my game :O

Geop posted:

But, uh, I'm in a tight spot, see? I'm in the middle of the boonies, no healing supplies, under 25% health, and NO CAR. Unless it warps you back home, I'm hoping that logging out/closing the game anywhere will heal you. Is this correct? :ohdear: Marcus is pretty rad, and I'm getting attached to the guy!

My game returns your character to base if you exit and continue.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

My game returns your character to base if you exit and continue.

Yeah I did that method to warp Maya back from the campsite at the start back to the farmhouse after clearing out the two nests there.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just finished the game. It was nighttime so I didn't get to see anything that the game tried to show you for winning. Also the developers are assholes for sending three juggernauts and two ferals at you during the final mission.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
So, I gave up on my first playthrough because there were too loving many hordes/infestations and I got sick of people going missing all the time. Decided to go ahead and start a new game and play that for a while, because the bugs don't get to be much of a problem until a bit later in the game and hopefully the patch is coming soon.

Anyway, as soon as I got to the church, a group of three friendly survivors offered to join us, and they were...an Army medic, a professional chef, and an expert mechanic. :getin: I'm all set for skilled workers now, and I'm less than an hour in.

lucasw99
Apr 5, 2011

Fibby Boy posted:

Just finished the game. It was nighttime so I didn't get to see anything that the game tried to show you for winning. Also the developers are assholes for sending three juggernauts and two ferals at you during the final mission.

I'm curious as to how far through the game I am but thats almost impossible to work out without knowing what missions are story or non story related. How long did it take you to complete?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Geop posted:

Man, I just barely scraped through an encounter by the skin of my teeth. So, uh, how does healing work when the game is off, provided you exited inside of an allied base (not yours)? :staredog: I did a mission to get Doc...:

I went through the whole Wilkerson thing where you board up the windows of their hillbilly home and get swamped by zeds. So far, I'd just been wandering around with a single silenced handgun, no extra ammo (it's a spare slot, and 15 rounds is usually plenty, since I melee most of the time), and this time, a shotgun loaded with seven shells.

THANK GOD FOR THE SHOTGUN HOLY CHRIST. Two or three big fatty-fat-fat hillbillies came up, and I'd never dealt with them before. I ran out of molotavs, ran out of ammo just as I killed the first one/two, and decided I had about 1/4 health and didn't want to risk melee'ing a big guy for the first time on those terms. I ran down the driveway, grabbed the car I came in, and rammed that fucker full speed. OH BUT HE LIVED. AND DESTROYED BOTH OF MY TIRES ON THE FRONT :stonk: Ran further, grabbed a cab that was sitting there, and did the same thing with the same results. His head exploded once he stood up. Oh god.

Just lost Maya because of that poo poo. Sucks.

Tyskil
Jan 28, 2009
So did anyone figure out how horribly you get hosed if your xbox decides to set the time back/forward by 8 years? Sometimes I have to unplug the xbox, which sets my time immediately to 2005, and connecting to the internet sets it back to regular time, and I'm not hugely looking forward to dealing with the game making itself totally unplayable because I had the gall to take my console over to a friends house/unplug it during a lightning storm.

lucasw99
Apr 5, 2011

Tyskil posted:

So did anyone figure out how horribly you get hosed if your xbox decides to set the time back/forward by 8 years? Sometimes I have to unplug the xbox, which sets my time immediately to 2005, and connecting to the internet sets it back to regular time, and I'm not hugely looking forward to dealing with the game making itself totally unplayable because I had the gall to take my console over to a friends house/unplug it during a lightning storm.

I've just realised thats exactly what happened to me. My xbox resets to default time when its not connected to the internet.

My morale was 0% and most of my team were tired/injuried and I had gently caress all resources. I managed to pull through but only just. On the plus side I had 4 fully repaired vehicles outside my base.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

lucasw99 posted:

I'm curious as to how far through the game I am but thats almost impossible to work out without knowing what missions are story or non story related. How long did it take you to complete?

Once the end get's rolling it goes by pretty fast. You'll know when you're approaching the end when it starts too.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Soulex posted:

Just lost Maya because of that poo poo. Sucks.
I swear, this game is trying its best to make me lose Marcus :saddowns: Just had my first run-in with a feral, and Christ are those things to get off once they've pounced on you. Panic-molotav paid off, thankfully! Marcus lives again :v:

FOR NOW :tinfoil:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, Ed is now in gravely ill after fighting a blotter and has the option to mercy kill him. :smith: Are they able to survive it if this happens or he good as dead?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of mercy killing, I did the one in the farmhouse and instead of using a gun (I was out of ammo) I ended up drop kicking the guy to death.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Rirse posted:

Ugh, Ed is now in gravely ill after fighting a blotter and has the option to mercy kill him. :smith: Are they able to survive it if this happens or he good as dead?
Your buddy Ed's turning in to a zombie? You could just shackle him up and keep him around! Bros forever :v:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

This happened to me with Marcus. Somehow got himself hurt, then gravely ill, with the mercy kill mission. He's such a loving tank on my playthrough that I just ignored it and eventually he got better. I did have a survivor called Danica who is a paramedic though so she might have helped in some way.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just quit the game and reloaded after not liking his reaction to kicking him out, and now instead of the mission, he just went missing instead. Eh, maybe he might pull through instead. :unsmith:

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So, how am I supposed to complete the distraction missions or is my game so bugged I can't complete anything at this point. I really like this game but drat I wish it worked.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

NaDy posted:

This happened to me with Marcus. Somehow got himself hurt, then gravely ill, with the mercy kill mission. He's such a loving tank on my playthrough that I just ignored it and eventually he got better. I did have a survivor called Danica who is a paramedic though so she might have helped in some way.

If you look at the status on their character sheet it should tell you how good the chances are of things getting worse/better.

For example, I had Marcus at badly hurt once, with a good chance of getting better every 24 hours, and another girl at bleeding profusely with a slight chance of getting better every 24 hours. The only one I mercy killed was a dude who was very sick, with little chance of getting better (and I mercy killed him because his skills and personality included sexting, sexual harassment, and battery. He was also the guy who kept randomly shooting off firearms in my safe haven).

Varxx posted:

So, how am I supposed to complete the distraction missions or is my game so bugged I can't complete anything at this point. I really like this game but drat I wish it worked.

I usually just take a car until I'm inside the circle, then honk the horn until the bar fills up, then run over anything that comes at me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

VarXX posted:

You do them by going to the place marked and throw firecrackers, a doll or kitchen timer. I assume you could also do something like shooting a gun or breaking a window, anything that causes a lot of noise.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

VarXX posted:

While standing in the circle, make enough noise to fill up the bar. That's it. Anything that makes noise will work - throwing any of a number of items, firing a gun a bunch of times, honking a car horn, breaking a window, even making a loud noise while searching a container will count.

e: beaten

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

TheAnomaly posted:

If you look at the status on their character sheet it should tell you how good the chances are of things getting worse/better.

For example, I had Marcus at badly hurt once, with a good chance of getting better every 24 hours, and another girl at bleeding profusely with a slight chance of getting better every 24 hours. The only one I mercy killed was a dude who was very sick, with little chance of getting better (and I mercy killed him because his skills and personality included sexting, sexual harassment, and battery. He was also the guy who kept randomly shooting off firearms in my safe haven).

I usually just take a car until I'm inside the circle, then honk the horn until the bar fills up, then run over anything that comes at me.

muscles like this? posted:

You do them by going to the place marked and throw firecrackers, a doll or kitchen timer. I assume you could also do something like shooting a gun or breaking a window, anything that causes a lot of noise.

Mister Bates posted:

While standing in the circle, make enough noise to fill up the bar. That's it. Anything that makes noise will work - throwing any of a number of items, firing a gun a bunch of times, honking a car horn, breaking a window, even making a loud noise while searching a container will count.

Yeah, I did all these things and I just guess it's broken for me. The bar at the bottom always stays empty.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Running over Zombie Hordes is my favoritest thing. It's way too much fun.

Also are there ferals just out and about chilling? Cause gently caress those things.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Soulex posted:

Running over Zombie Hordes is my favoritest thing. It's way too much fun.

Also are there ferals just out and about chilling? Cause gently caress those things.

Yep. They're fast dodgy fuckers, so listen for their howls. A fully loaded firearm is still the way to go. Even if you can't hit them in the head, you can stun them with a shot to start melee-ing them. Don't be afraid to rapid fire as they get close, One headshot or a couple bodyshots to stun are all you need.

EDIT: Also, if you all pay any attention to the minimap, freaks on the radar are bigger red dots, so that maybe your only clue one is rushing you.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.

Rirse posted:

Upgrade your medical tent as much as possible, have a pharmacologist or dentist or nurse or paramedic on staff and make sure you have more meds than the daily loss is and he should be fine.

lucasw99
Apr 5, 2011

Tiny little bug which I've just been told about, certainly a game changer:

If you leave one ? mark when searching a property so don't search everything, all the items will all respawn after 24 hours of real life time in the building.

Grishka
Jun 4, 2010

With the mic in my hands
I'm a bad man
Even in a fight with the hands
I'm a bad man
Livin in the streets all my life
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man
I'm a bad man

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

It's a random event, and I guess it's tied to personality. He became spiteful after I lost 3 of the survivors in a short time, but he was argumentative beforehand.

Also, finally beat the game :) going to restart and do a pure survival run.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
So, I'm running into a bit of an issue. My doctor (well, Army medic, but she's serving the function of a doctor) is an enormous loving rear end in a top hat. She's constantly having anger issues, keeps bringing morale down with arguments and has already wasted four cases of ammo with reckless fire while on guard duty. If it was anyone else I'd just kick her out on her rear end the next time an anger issue came up, but I can't afford to - she's the only person in the group with any medical skill. Is there any way to improve her mood?

e: Nevermind, it improved on its own when she started dating Ed. :3:

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 9, 2013

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I was all excited to move into the Alamo, but after about two hours there things have gone down the toilet, all but two of my people are missing. Tough times.

Skoots
Sep 6, 2006
Dose the dinning thing work it says it reduces discord within the group

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man, I swear, the moment I try to go anywhere in this game, I get a "survivor wants to kill this special infected" or "this person is in trouble" mission, with any missing survivor turning up inbetween. I can't get anything done since if I ignore those missions, that person is dead.

Also had the really dumb moment of saving a person in a "search and rescue mission", then have them disappear, and two minutes later show up in the barn across the street for a missing survivor mission.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Mister Bates posted:

So, I'm running into a bit of an issue. My doctor (well, Army medic, but she's serving the function of a doctor) is an enormous loving rear end in a top hat. She's constantly having anger issues, keeps bringing morale down with arguments and has already wasted four cases of ammo with reckless fire while on guard duty. If it was anyone else I'd just kick her out on her rear end the next time an anger issue came up, but I can't afford to - she's the only person in the group with any medical skill. Is there any way to improve her mood?

e: Nevermind, it improved on its own when she started dating Ed. :3:

If you have high leadership or counseling on the character who takes them for walks it seems to have a greater impact as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skoots posted:

Dose the dinning thing work it says it reduces discord within the group

It really doesn't seem like it. I'm thinking of scrapping it in favor of a library or something.

I actually had a lot of issues with a cop who joined from the Courthouse enclave where he constantly started fights with people. So I decided to use him to farm an achievement. I took him out armed with a couple of weapons and a grenade and fought until he went down, if you don't hit the A button and your health runs completely out you get the option to pull the pin on the grenade and just drop it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is this basically the zombie game that everyone has always wanted since zombie games have been a thing? I ask because I'm a PC user and I can't try it myself, and a Goon let's play won't be around for at least 3 months.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Turtlicious posted:

So is this basically the zombie game that everyone has always wanted since zombie games have been a thing? I ask because I'm a PC user and I can't try it myself, and a Goon let's play won't be around for at least 3 months.

It's not perfect by any stretch, but it gets a lot of things right.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Turtlicious posted:

I think when it comes out on PC,it may deserve a $30 or higher price.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I was driving the long way to Marshall from the Church town and came across a house that said there were survivors inside. I go inside, look around, and no one's there. :iiam: It's been like this for a couple days. I think they may have been a group that initially lived near the Wilkersons in my game and were forced out by a horde.

There are a few other houses with known survivors though how do I get them to join?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Do missions to help "friends", iirc.

TheAnomaly posted:

If you have high leadership or counseling on the character who takes them for walks it seems to have a greater impact as well.
To add to this, I noticed a bit ago that banter during missions increases both Wit and Leadership by 20 or 30 percent of a bar or so. Anger counseling probate ly does similarly.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Tyree posted:

It's not perfect by any stretch, but it gets a lot of things right.

Basically this. It has it's issues, but it's a lot of fun and there's all kinds of great little ideas and touches to the game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mister Bates posted:

Cop cars are the easiest to do this quickly because of the siren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Holy gently caress, this game. I almost didn't pay attention to this because it's another zombie game. Nah, this is the zombie game.

• Locked thread