Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It might be possible to just open up ILO in FNVEdit (so that you have a convenient list of all of the cell lighting edits) and then change the values to brighten up the cells. Save and use the mod as if you had never tweaked it. It'd definitely be simpler than making your own plugin, especially since you just want to make poo poo brighter. It's been a long time since I played around with those values, so I can't really give extensive advice, but this would be the route I'd take.

I actually solved this in a really ridiculous way. There were only a few cells where I was really irked about it being too drat dark - mostly in my hideout/player owned places. So: Glow Sticks. Just bought a few from Chet and tossed them into the room. Problem solved.

They're also pretty handy for wandering around vaults and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
Are the first person animations for Weapon Animation Replacers supposed to be kind of really janky? I'm using the two handed version of this one and whenever I go to aim, my hands jump to the top right, then bottom right, then center of the screen and it looks absolutely terrible.

This is awesome and assuming they're cheap and easy to find will make the early game with darker nights a lot more interesting. Wonder if I can get Project Nevada to recognize them as grenades.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really wish someone would make a modpack for this. Like more then just PNV a straight up "Here's every good mod in a totally tricked out load order NOW GO!" type thing, I'd do it myself but... :effort:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

This is awesome and assuming they're cheap and easy to find will make the early game with darker nights a lot more interesting. Wonder if I can get Project Nevada to recognize them as grenades.

Are they a throwing weapon? If so then PN detects them automatically.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Console probably makes that easy enough. The readme includes spawn codes. And for what it's worth I haven't had much trouble after hitting up a couple vendors through fast travel.

Let me know if you get PN to recognize them as grenades -- I'm not using PN. But having light sources on demand sounds pretty awesome, so maybe I do need grenade hotkey or similar.

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 10, 2013

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Are the first person animations for Weapon Animation Replacers supposed to be kind of really janky? I'm using the two handed version of this one and whenever I go to aim, my hands jump to the top right, then bottom right, then center of the screen and it looks absolutely terrible.

That'd be ideal. I'm a lazy bastard also so my only contributions would be suggestions and offers to test it out and see how it plays.

Is merging levelled lists much of a hassle? I'm going to read the manual in the OP before I try it, I just wondered if it's a '2 minutes and done' thing or a bit more time-consuming. I seem to remember The Armory being JA2 1.13 levels of 'oh god the guns, so many guns', but I don't want to miss out on cool stuff project nevada adds; I'm assuming the home-made assault rifle is them? I've never seen it before, picked one up off a legion assassin a while back before I hit novac, so it was my first automatic rifle. Chews up all my precious 5.56mm though

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I believe a merged patch is all you need.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

TehGherkin posted:

I'm assuming the home-made assault rifle is them?

Yeah, that's PN. And as was said above, it's not difficult at all; FNVEdit can automate most of making a merged patch and you can fix anything it doesn't catch pretty quickly by hand.

The Lone Badger posted:

Are they a throwing weapon? If so then PN detects them automatically.

Oh, awesome. I think they are, at least I'd hope they are.

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
I've been reinstalling this, and I decided to give ENB a go.

Are there any ENB presets that were made by someone who both leaves their house and don't end up giving me 40-60fps hits?

Wooph
Oct 28, 2010

by angerbot
You could give this one a try. It's like a less orange vanilla look with your usual ENB enhancements.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Right now, I use Lone Wanderer ENB. I don't know what the fps hit is because I still get a playable framerate so whatever!

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/50327/

but at this point I don't think there's an ENB I haven't used. Only tweak I can recall making on this one is disabling DOF because I hate fake videogame DOF. The one linked above is probably solid too; that guy does good work.

Here's a comparison, without top, with below:

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 12, 2013

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

... You have a radar mod.

Four playthroughs and I thought there was no radar mod.

Where did you get the radar mod. This is important.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/48917

Works best with DarnUI/oHUD/MCM, of course. You can set it up to be a motion tracker only if you want to get your Aliens on.

also I normally disable it for screenshots but I guess you lucked out that I screwed up! :v:

I should do a post on quality-of-life improvement mods that I've found over the years, the little stuff that never gets attention. Like one which sets the Pipboy background to flat black. Really makes Readius great, that one.

Sunny Dove
Mar 22, 2013
I used to use Readius but the small bugs related to it annoy me enough to stick with a retextured Pip-Boy 3000.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Did you try using it with this fix from the OP? That fixed most everything as far as I can tell (flashlight turning off when you open your inventory or save being the biggest one).

It kind of looks like there's a slight blue filter, is there? If so, I kind of like that. Nevada Skies removes all filters entirely and it makes a lot of things look really neon and weird in certain lights, especially in Goodsprings.

Sunny Dove
Mar 22, 2013
Yes, I used it with that fix. It is unbearable without it but I am still bothered by the bug where you put away your readius and your weapon is on left side of the screen until you move. I know, it's not a big deal. It fixes itself after you move at all but I'm anal I guess. I also feel that the vanilla Pip-Boy animations are more fluid.

Wooph
Oct 28, 2010

by angerbot
I'm preparing for another playthrough, but I'm a little unsure about load order, in regards to CCO and jsawyer.

Does this load order look ok?

I do want jsawyer to have priority over CCO's changes, and I don't have Project Nevada's Rebalance plugin installed.

Sunny Dove
Mar 22, 2013
Load order looks fine to me at first glance. I don't see anything glaringly wrong. I use jsawyer + CCO but I opted to make my own patch to pick and choose which rebalance changes I preferred.

Wooph
Oct 28, 2010

by angerbot
:smith: What a dreary start.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks pretty though. That's Nevada Skies, right?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

At least the dust devils dont't let a little rain keep them down.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

So it's wrong that I keep the rain on all the time in my games? :v:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brainamp posted:

So it's wrong that I keep the rain on all the time in my games? :v:

Find a mod that adds green everywhere to the point of jungle and play Fallout: New Vegas: Heart of Darkness.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
How do I avoid pistols and other one-handed weapons centering wierdly when I hipfire? This is my load order

I am also using WAR 2.0

code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
Military Explansion Program.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
NVWillow.esp=1
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
Expanded Traits.esp=1
FactionIDCards.esp=1
Fellout.esp=1
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
PerkEveryLevel.esp=1
better that gun 223.esp=1
that gun holdout.esp=1
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch - NVSE.esp=1
NV_STTraitsandPerks_Crunch.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=1
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=1
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp=1
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=1
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

How do I avoid pistols and other one-handed weapons centering wierdly when I hipfire? This is my load order

I am also using WAR 2.0

code:
GameMode=FalloutNV

FalloutNV.esm=1
CaravanPack.esm=1
DeadMoney.esm=1
HonestHearts.esm=1
OldWorldBlues.esm=1
LonesomeRoad.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm=1
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm=1
GunRunnersArsenal.esm=1
Military Explansion Program.esm=1
More Perks.esm=1
Project Nevada - Core.esm=1
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp=1
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm=1
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp=1
WeaponModsExpanded.esp=1
NVWillow.esp=1
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp=1
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp=1
Expanded Traits.esp=1
FactionIDCards.esp=1
Fellout.esp=1
The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp=1
More Perks Update.esp=1
NewVegasBounties.esp=1
NewVegasBountiesII.esp=1
PerkEveryLevel.esp=1
better that gun 223.esp=1
that gun holdout.esp=1
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp=1
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp=1
SignatureWeapons.esp=1
SignatureArmor.esp=1
Roleplay Start 1.2.esp=1
Project Nevada - WMX.esp=1
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp=1
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp=1
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp=1
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp=1
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp=1
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp=1
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp=1

I'm not sure on what the issue is but I see a few issues with your load order.
You will only want one of these plugins
code:
You are missing a merged patch, instructions are in the second post of the thread. The load order is all over the place, run it through BOSS, and you are missing various compatiblity patches for WMX and EVE.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

DJ Dizzy posted:

I am also using WAR 2.0

That's the culprit. I don't know whether all one-handed anim sets in WAR do that or what, it's never bothered me much so I've never fiddled around with the options.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I kind of liked the way your character hip-fires with WAR. They still fire their firearm properly even though I didn't bother to aim.

Wooph
Oct 28, 2010

by angerbot

Moridin920 posted:

Looks pretty though. That's Nevada Skies, right?

Yea, the vanilla edition. I'm also using the ENB configuration I posted earlier.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Turtlicious posted:

I really wish someone would make a modpack for this. Like more then just PNV a straight up "Here's every good mod in a totally tricked out load order NOW GO!" type thing, I'd do it myself but... :effort:

That's actually a really good idea. I'd probably pay for it, god knows how many times I decided to reinstall FNV to try out updated mods and had the thought cross my mind of "I'd totally pay 5 or 10 bucks for someone to do this for me and not ruin my evening installing one drat game".

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

This has been brought up before.

The problem with a big modpack is that everyone's prefence for what they like in their modded games is different.
Let's say I make a modpack that contains Project Nevada, WME and EVE. Well, what if you don't like EVE? Removing it will be a giant pain and you will likely spend way more time on it, then if you just installed Project Nevada and WME individually.

It's certainly possible to make an installer where you can select which mods you want exactly. But there's the issue of compatibility. Letting the user create their own patches kinda defeats the purpose of a quick-and-easy-to-instal modpack and providing patches for all possible mod combinations would be a very annoying chore.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

delta534 posted:

You are missing a merged patch, instructions are in the second post of the thread. The load order is all over the place, run it through BOSS, and you are missing various compatiblity patches for WMX and EVE.

The problem is that BOSS wont find my FNV install, and FNVEdit shits out an error saying: Fatal: Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout NV.
I am using a steam install btw.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

DJ Dizzy posted:

The problem is that BOSS wont find my FNV install, and FNVEdit shits out an error saying: Fatal: Could not open registry key: \SOFTWARE\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout NV.
I am using a steam install btw.

I had the same same thing happen. Start the game once, then try FNVedit again.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hobo on Fire posted:

I had the same same thing happen. Start the game once, then try FNVedit again.

Been playing a while, and it still gives me that error.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Been playing a while, and it still gives me that error.
Just to be exact about it: Try running FalloutNVLauncher.exe. You don't have to boot the game itself, just start the launcher and close it again. Then see if the FNVEdit can find the registry keys.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Yep, that fixed it, thanks!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

It kind of looks like there's a slight blue filter, is there? If so, I kind of like that. Nevada Skies removes all filters entirely and it makes a lot of things look really neon and weird in certain lights, especially in Goodsprings.

During the day with blue skies, yes, you get some blue tint. Some ENBs are practically perma-blueshifted, not this one.

Worst Man in Space
Aug 31, 2011
I was looking into the J. Sawyer mod, and I think it might be something cool for a later playthrough, but I was wondering if for now any other mods had the fix to GRA weapons from V2, specifically:

(GRA) suffix removed from GRA weapons that have base game equivalents (e.g. Baseball Bat)
All standard weapons with moddable GRA equivalents given all GRA mods.
Instances of standard Assault Carbine Mags and 12.7mm Silencers removed/replaced with GRA equivalents.

Obviously the second one is the most important. Nothing worse than blowing all your caps on a mod you can't use for some reason.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Psion posted:

During the day with blue skies, yes, you get some blue tint. Some ENBs are practically perma-blueshifted, not this one.

Hmm I might have to look into it then, especially since it seems compatible with Nevada Skies, thanks

DJ Dizzy posted:

Check the files WAR's pistol pack adds, and delete them one by one until you find which ones handle hipfire (assuming you don't get lucky and find some with "hipfire" in the filename). I found this on the Nexus page but I'm not sure how accurate it is:

quote:

Yeah, it's with it, I didn't like it and tried to find the file causing it.
After a bit of searching I found the files causing the ADS while hipfiring. The files are 1hpattackleft.kf, 1hpattacklefis.kf, 1hpattackright.kf and 1hpattackrightis.kf

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

So, I had to crank back to the default so I could do a run for a paper. I hate to be that guy, but is there anything essential or awesome that isn't in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunny Dove
Mar 22, 2013
The essential things are all in the OP but you might want to look for specific mods tailored to your tastes on the nexus to finish out your load order. If you want more guns, download all of the standalone guns from Millenia and combine them into one .esp with Fallout New Vegas Plugin Utility or the like. If you think the Legion needs to be stronger/better equipped, try out Caesar's New Regime (trying this one out in my current playthrough; it's cool so far). Here is my load order if you're curious! (A lot of my small mods have been incorporated into my mega-patch at the end as I actually have around 180-200 plugins without combining them.)

Sunny Dove fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jun 13, 2013