Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

KittyEmpress posted:

I'm looking for straight up funny VLPs. I don't care what kind of game it is - I just want to laugh.

Edit: Just finished watching the Mercenaries 2 LP, which is why I need a new one.

I'll have to recommend Hopkins FBI again, that game is so absurdly stupid it rolls around to hilarious, and davidspackage's commentary is entertaining. Don't watch it at work unless your boss doesn't mind naked dead women though. In which case you should probably be a bit worried.

If you have archives you should read the thread as well, the amount of :psyduck: is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?

Kanfy posted:

I'll have to recommend Hopkins FBI again, that game is so absurdly stupid it rolls around to hilarious, and davidspackage's commentary is entertaining. Don't watch it at work unless your boss doesn't mind naked dead women though. In which case you should probably be a bit worried.

If you have archives you should read the thread as well, the amount of :psyduck: is great.
They... They let him keep his gun. They let him keep it. They let him keep his gun. I just don't know about anything anymore.

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand is one of the funniest LPs I've watched.

Lemur Crisis fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 28, 2013

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
If you want a short burst of hilarity, the Freelance Astronauts' Tetris Smackdown vid is an absolute classic. Trash talking starts around the 2:30 mark, courtesy of Pipes!.

Speaking of Freelance Astronauts, their Mass Effect LP has some truly wonderful moments. Abominashep and tank shenanigans aside, the second video has one of the funniest moments in any of their LPs. Skip to around the 5 minute mark for split sides.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

PlatinumJukebox posted:

If you want a short burst of hilarity, the Freelance Astronauts' Tetris Smackdown vid is an absolute classic. Trash talking starts around the 2:30 mark, courtesy of Pipes!.

Speaking of Freelance Astronauts, their Mass Effect LP has some truly wonderful moments. Abominashep and tank shenanigans aside, the second video has one of the funniest moments in any of their LPs. Skip to around the 5 minute mark for split sides.

Oh man I need to rewatch those videos. "Are we sure this isn't a Bethesda game?"

Their New Super Mario Bros Wii LP is also excellent if you enjoy hilarious team-killing, backstabbing, co-op dickery action

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
Chris Seavor (lead designer and voice of the main character) and others are doing an LP of Conker. Quality is abysmal (video is recorded with cam), british accent is heavy and the guys are probably drunk.

But why should I watch it, you may ask. Because of this:

"Chris Seavor posted:

People today are all 'Oh, it's a far more complicated business making games today', that's why there are 4000 people on them' but I would say the reason why there are 4000 people on them is that 3950 of them are loving redundant cunts.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, the Blip page for Hopkins FBI is down, and the Veoh page has some repeating annoying video commercials popping up in the right corner of the page while the main video is still playing. Repeatedly. Hitting the mute button every 30 seconds when a new ad loads while paying attention to the main video...nrrrrrrrgggh.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
How do people keep missing that giant red This LP is also available on the Internet Archive! banner?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Also Veoh works perfectly fine with me.

Are you telling me there are people who browse the internet without NoScript?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

njsykora posted:

pokecapn's Mario Party. s and Mario Party is pure 4-player competitive dickery.

:wtc: is with their handicap system. I am so confused and amused.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

That LP is basically a font of epic winnery. The handicap system is like the Wendys Baconator -- you can order it with a number of patties up to 3 or 4 (I forget), and it's really hard to figure out the sweet spot for flavor/fullness. Also, to reinforce the illusion that we were playing just one Mario Party game, we ordered some Baconators and used allision to form a Baconator with 8 patties and just ate one at a time (one for each game) and saved the Bacon for the super special bonus round (just like bacon is super special).

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

KittyEmpress posted:

An attempt at keeping score even though pokecapn winning was a foregone conclusion.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

That LP is basically a font of epic winnery. The handicap system is like the Wendys Baconator -- you can order it with a number of patties up to 3 or 4 (I forget), and it's really hard to figure out the sweet spot for flavor/fullness. Also, to reinforce the illusion that we were playing just one Mario Party game, we ordered some Baconators and used allision to form a Baconator with 8 patties and just ate one at a time (one for each game) and saved the Bacon for the super special bonus round (just like bacon is super special).

This just makes me more confused.

So, to be clear, when you let's play, you eat general tao chicken, and baconators?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If you're confused now just wait til you get to (SPOILER WARNING)Sonic Shuffle

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yonic Symbolism posted:

If you're confused now just wait til you get to (SPOILER WARNING)Sonic Shuffle

I watched those videos and I'm still confused.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

njsykora posted:

I watched those videos and I'm still confused.

I just recently re-watched that LP and I still have no loving clue how that game was supposed to work. :psyduck:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you aren't reading MySims Agents you're missing out. I know, I wasn't expecting a good game when I clicked on it. This game has no right to be as entertaining as it is, but somehow Picayune is pulling it off.

I mean EA? Sims franchise knockoff? Recipe for disaster, right? Surprisingly, no.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare

Psion posted:

If you aren't reading MySims Agents you're missing out. I know, I wasn't expecting a good game when I clicked on it. This game has no right to be as entertaining as it is, but somehow Picayune is pulling it off.

I mean EA? Sims franchise knockoff? Recipe for disaster, right? Surprisingly, no.

How can EA rip off their own franchise? AFAIK MySims is actually a literal spin-off of EA/Maxis' Sims games.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I meant that in the sense of "not a main Sims game." Point is, go read the thread.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
I don't know about you guys, but I have a hankering for a quality LP of a weird game done in fine SSLP style.

gatz is a quality LPer, Phantom Dust is a weird LP, and gatz's SSLP of Phantom Dust is done in fine style. It's worth a look or three.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

fivre posted:

An attempt at keeping score even though pokecapn winning was a foregone conclusion.

The people's champion got robbed.

If you don't get that reference, watch that LP. It's super long and super hilarious.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

KittyEmpress posted:

We did whatever sounded funniest at the time and then started changing it once it looked like I wouldn't win the metagame anymore.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Not an SA LP, but SwordlessLink, a speedrunner, is currently doing an 101% Donkey Kong 64 LP that breaks the game to all hell and back, because the game is seriously broken. It does have some stupid "LIKE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE" annotations, but if you turn annotations off and ignore those, it's a cathartic, entertaining series that showcases him breaking the game over his knee.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Hey, how bad is the GoT CKII thread regarding spoilers?

As far as I understood from the OP, book discussions are okay in thread and I'm loath to find out for myself and risking getting spoiled. I just finished the third book in the series, as a point of reference?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
There is spoilers aplenty but most people put them in tags. Not everyone though so I wouldn't reccomend it.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Not an SA LP, but SwordlessLink, a speedrunner, is currently doing an 101% Donkey Kong 64 LP that breaks the game to all hell and back, because the game is seriously broken. It does have some stupid "LIKE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE" annotations, but if you turn annotations off and ignore those, it's a cathartic, entertaining series that showcases him breaking the game over his knee.

Neat, I've seen a few speedrun test videos that show off some ridiculous tricks that you can pull off in that game, but it'd be cool to watch it done with with commentary. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I ask this every once in a while and its time to ask again. I need insomnia LPs to watch. Pretty much has to be a video format. Has to be long, many many hours of content to watch. I'd prefer if the content was dark or quiet. To give an idea some of the stuff I've like and am looking for has been like Fatal Frames, Aquatica, Alan Wake, Pneumbra, and The Void. probably mroe I don't remember but that should give you the idea of what I'm looking for hopefully. Long, dark mostly, and video. Genre of game is really a afterthought. Hope you guys can help recommend me some insomnia lps.

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

Jade Star posted:

I ask this every once in a while and its time to ask again. I need insomnia LPs to watch. Pretty much has to be a video format. Has to be long, many many hours of content to watch. I'd prefer if the content was dark or quiet. To give an idea some of the stuff I've like and am looking for has been like Fatal Frames, Aquatica, Alan Wake, Pneumbra, and The Void. probably mroe I don't remember but that should give you the idea of what I'm looking for hopefully. Long, dark mostly, and video. Genre of game is really a afterthought. Hope you guys can help recommend me some insomnia lps.

Personally I think Niggurath's Rule of Rose could fit the bill: http://lparchive.org/Rule-of-Rose/

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Jade Star posted:

Hampooj's Insomnia List is here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2725735&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=89#post411835515

(I hope this doesn't count as promoting myself as someone added one of mine to that list.)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jade Star posted:

I recommend the aforementioned DK64 LP. The videos are wonderful, but the atmosphere and commentary is so drat chill that I've found myself drifting off a fair few times.

The Archaic Man
Nov 20, 2010

Jade Star posted:

Bobbin Threadbare's Loom is always a great bedtime viewing.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Katachresis' LP of Drill Dozer always makes me sleepy. That sounds like a backhanded compliment but it's really a good LP that makes a hard game seem a lot easier than it is (that, or I really sucked at the game when I played it).

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Really enjoying DarkHamsterLord's playthrough of Okage: Shadow King.

This game is a lost treasure from the early days of the PS2. I'd forgotten much about the game and how excellent Evil King Stan is as he attempts to reclaim his lost glory.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Does anyone have any recs for good informative style LPs? Like Qotile Swirl's Alone in the Dark LP, for example, or Research Indicates' famous Trespasser LP.

In exchange, I'll rec Olive Branch's excellent LP of The Last Express. The main story section's done, and it's a delightful Goofus and Gallent type run through an adventure set just days before WWI breaks out - I'm not doing the LP or game justice, go see it!

manyleeks
Apr 22, 2010

Just another day at the office
I have a somewhat esoteric request. I've been rereading the old fighting fantasy gamebook threads from 3-4 years ago and I'm looking to continue vicariously reliving my childhood - does anyone know of any good offsite LPs covering other books in the series? It looks like there's a kind of mediocre LP series on the PA forums, but other than that I've not had much luck digging anything up.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
Can someone give me some recommendations for some good co-op LP's? I'm looking for ones similar to the Borderlands 1 and Resident Evil 5 LP.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Tobias Grant posted:

Can someone give me some recommendations for some good co-op LP's? I'm looking for ones similar to the Borderlands 1 and Resident Evil 5 LP.

I suppose the Mercs 2 LP goes without saying?

http://lparchive.org/Mercenaries-2/

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Are there any commentated speed runs? I find speed runs really interesting but having the attention span of a toddler I tend to zone out after a while of pure game play.

I recently watched SwordlessLink speed run Wind Waker and he provides insightful post commentary which I found refreshing.

Zelda/Speed run fans should check that video out, it's not the record holder in terms of speed but it uses the same tricks and shows a lot of skill and knowledge of the game.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.

Lance Streetman posted:

I suppose the Mercs 2 LP goes without saying?

http://lparchive.org/Mercenaries-2/

I've seen that one as well, although I forgot to mention it.

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do

Tobias Grant posted:

There was a co-op thread three years ago that spawned some great stuff, but you may have already seen it all by now.
Ambisagrus and I had a Crackdown LP
Chip and Ironicus did Lego Star Wars and Gunstar Heroes
RChimpCola and Sinatrapod did Resident Evil 5
SuperGraffiti and MoominBiscuit did some Timesplitters games
medibot and Kaz did Kirby Super Star

And there was some other stuff, too. Here's the whole thread, if you have archives: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3264369

EDIT: Aw dang, a lot of the links for some of those LPs are dead as hell. I know Chip has Lego Star Wars on his site/youtube, medibot might have KSS on his account too. Pretty sure most of it is still around somewhere.

A Wooden Palisade fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Does anyone have any recs for good informative style LPs? Like Qotile Swirl's Alone in the Dark LP, for example, or Research Indicates' famous Trespasser LP.
Shalcar has just finished the most comprehensive LP/walkthrough/strategy guide of Shogun 2 - Rise of the Samurai on the Internet, and he's planning to do Shogun 2 vanilla and Fall of the Samurai, too.

• Locked thread