Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
nerds will go to any length at any age to justify wearing a fedora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
why would you put mayonnaise in guacamole

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cause ur hosed in the head

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
why would you use mayonnaise except in the most limited of cooking circumstances. i wish i lived in the alternate universe béarnaise sauce got really popular instead

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

quacamayo

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
i am nothing if not a strong supporter of mayonnaise as a universal condiment (also try putting a dash of it in homemade vinaigrettes to aid emulsification) but there are limits.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
apparently germans put ketchup on carbonara

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
some people put cream in their carbonara

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Pissflaps posted:

its not cream.......

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
Kill all nerds mayonase.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

that actually sounds pretty good, especially if you're having it as a starter, it'd too rich to have as a main imo.

mind you i like to use mornay sauce in lasagne so i'm literally worse than hitler

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

why would you put mayonnaise in guacamole

seriouspost: bad restaurants do it because it's cheaper than avocados

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

wait, instead of avocados??? gently caress sorry man

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Trig Discipline posted:

seriouspost: bad restaurants do it because it's cheaper than avocados

that's like making a vegan sandwich with chicken instead of satan or tofu or w/e 'cause it's cheaper

avocados are nature's mayonnaise, you can't just replace them with mayo

siiiiick :(

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I thought guacomole was defined by its avocado-ness

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

I thought guacomole was defined by its avocado-ness

yeah guacamole means "avocado sauce"

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I have a love hate relationship with avocados because they are so goddamn amazing but sometimes I get a craving and I'm out of avocados an the store doesn't have any soft enough to be proper ripe

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i think i'm one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soap, i really want to like it but if i ever get a chunk of it absent anything else in my guac or bahn mi, its kinda gross

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

wait, instead of avocados??? gently caress sorry man

more to stretch the avocados. there's still some avocado in there, but they'll replace like half of it with mayo

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ahmeni posted:

I have a love hate relationship with avocados because they are so goddamn amazing but sometimes I get a craving and I'm out of avocados an the store doesn't have any soft enough to be proper ripe

also they're like three loving dollars apiece in straya

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

at trader joes avocados were 4 for $2.99

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
chipotle and whole foods (lol) both use sour cream in their guac and its loving disgusting

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

creatine posted:

at trader joes avocados were 4 for $2.99

in phoenix at the food city you could get 3 for a dollar, 5 for a dollar when on sale

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Shaggar posted:

chipotle and whole foods (lol) both use sour cream in their guac and its loving disgusting

you should not be getting guac at either of those two places

if you're eating guacamole and it wasn't made at a mexican restaurant by mexicans then you might as well just make it at home

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ah yes because recipes are some sort of ancient racial secret

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

theflyingexecutive posted:

ah yes because recipes are some sort of ancient racial secret

shrug, maybe it's just me but every mexican restaurant i go to in southern california that's staffed by white people and asians is loving terrible

but the main point is that getting guac at a supermarket is awful when it's so easy to make yourself

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm too scared to eat ethnic food by actual ethnic people

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

get yer some avocados
mash em
chop some onions
chop some tomatoes
add em
add some lemon juice
stir
chop some green onions
scatter on top
add paprika

ta fuckin da it takes about 5 minutes

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TOOT BOOT posted:

ethnic people
ugh, don't fukken remind me that people exist who actually think like this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

get yer some avocados
mash em
chop some onions
chop some tomatoes
add em
add some lemon juice
stir
chop some green onions
scatter on top
add paprika

ta fuckin da it takes about 5 minutes

also garlic.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Shaggar posted:

also cilantro.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
:argh:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

mmmm cilantro

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Proteus4994 posted:

mmmm cilantro

i hate the bay

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Shaggar posted:

and they still charge like $1.80 for a little spoonful of it, those fuckers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

WorkingPeer posted:

yeah, they're pretty damned good. i am also partial to chilango, insofar as its a blatant but better-executed ripoff of chipotle (albeit without goddamned corn salsa :argh:)
I went to some chain mexican in London I think it was near blackfriars or embankment and it was horrid

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

sour cream is loving disgusting

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

tell your boyfriend to stop eating asparagus then?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Jet Age posted:

taco bill

mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

chumpchous posted:

i hate the bay