Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

veedubfreak posted:

How does this even happen? Are the emblems attached by drilling holes in the metal?
They are, yes. After the rustproofing is applied at the factory.

Protege rust is tremendous. I've seen some truly amazing forms of it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

I've seen this car around town for over 10 years now. This weekend it was parked in my neighbourhood.

The steering wheel was from a Subaru, but that is all I can tell you.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Flying Fortress posted:

I've seen this car around town for over 10 years now. This weekend it was parked in my neighbourhood.

The rest of the car looks like a Volkswagen Type 181 - just with a low roof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_181

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Flying Fortress posted:

I dunno, that's pretty Mad Max to me. Put a machine gun on the roof and you're ready for the post-apocalypse.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Flying Fortress posted:

That is unironically kind of cool

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

kill me now posted:

That is unironically kind of cool

It is, and I like it, but the low clearance would be problematic for the image it's trying to pull off, no?

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That looks like an ideal NYC commuter car.

e: the battle wagon that Flying Fortress posted, not the bungee cord abortion right above this post.

kastein fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 10, 2013

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

It's like a car combover. Dude, just lose the bumper, we all know it's already gone.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

DropShadow posted:

It's like a car combover. Dude, just lose the bumper, we all know it's already gone.

I'm actually thinking the bumper/tape/bungees is all that keeps the hood down

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Slanderer posted:

I dunno, that's pretty Mad Max to me. Put a machine gun on the roof and you're ready for the post-apocalypse.

Exactly. Totally the wrong thread, that thing is amazing and I'd roll around town in pride, hunting down reserves of gasoline to horde. :black101:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

JackRabbitStorm posted:

I'm actually thinking the bumper/tape/bungees is all that keeps the hood down

Ah gently caress, I meant to say hood but I typed bumper. Dumb joke ruined.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Flying Fortress posted:

looks like an ugly golf cart. :(

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Flying Fortress posted:

Possibly an ex camera car?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Saw an Acura TL with a convertible conversion / racing stripe yesterday!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

buttcrackmenace posted:

Possibly an ex camera car?

I don't think so, based on the open exhaust coming through the hood.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seat Safety Switch posted:

They are, yes. After the rustproofing is applied at the factory.

Protege rust is tremendous. I've seen some truly amazing forms of it here.

Mine has no rust at all on it. Nor have I seen other Mazda 323s/Ford Lasers of that vintage with rust like that on Australian roads.

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

CharlesM posted:

Saw an Acura TL with a convertible conversion / racing stripe yesterday!

As a TL owner I am morbidly curious about this car. Weird that I cant find any other photo's on the internet.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Those protege5s rust worse than any other car in recent memory.

Turns out the Protege sedan isn't much better :(

2003 - everything is rusting. Trunk lid has rust in the same spot as that 5, rear wheel arches, all four doors are rusting out from inside, and I just spotted a bubble on the leading edge of the hood too.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Flying Fortress posted:

Ok, this looks amazingly like this vehicle we have at the Sheriffs office. I'll snap a photo tomorrow.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Mazda 3s aren't much better either, very rare that I see a 1st gen without rust on it. I've seen some as bad or worse than that protege.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

`Nemesis posted:

Turns out the Protege sedan isn't much better :(

2003 - everything is rusting. Trunk lid has rust in the same spot as that 5, rear wheel arches, all four doors are rusting out from inside, and I just spotted a bubble on the leading edge of the hood too.

My 03 'Speed has rust around the trunk seal and down in the spare compartment. And it's a Florida car.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

You Am I posted:

Mine has no rust at all on it. Nor have I seen other Mazda 323s/Ford Lasers of that vintage with rust like that on Australian roads.

Its probably down to where they were manufactured.

In NZ 90s Mazdas seem fairly good for rust, Nissans seem to catch it far worse here.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Viking Blood posted:

As a TL owner I am morbidly curious about this car. Weird that I cant find any other photo's on the internet.

I couldn't make out the license plate frame, the car turned before I had a chance to look. The only thing I saw was it said something "dream car" and a website URL. Wish I could have made it out.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

Passed this on the way to work this morning. The driver was slumped way down into their seat with a hoodie on; I got the impression that they were mortified to be driving it. :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'd put a hidden camera in that and force dealership/auto techs to take it on test drives to find funny noises.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!
The center read Microwave Safe, so at least it won't warp from the heat from the bulb!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I figured this belonged here.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

I want to do this.

Wrong thread

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I think just about everybody would want to do that at least once.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

zundfolge posted:

Passed this on the way to work this morning. The driver was slumped way down into their seat with a hoodie on; I got the impression that they were mortified to be driving it. :v:

That poor Saturn. :ohdear:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Slim Pickens posted:

That looks like so much fun...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Stupid plate at work.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

That poor Saturn. :ohdear:

Feeling bad for a Saturn? Zuh?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Octopus Magic posted:

I was born a poor black coupe in Tennessee. I had a large family of approximately ten thousand brothers and sisters, but it was a loving family. Our parents didn't say much as they were hydraulically-driven robotic assembly arms, and our many human nannies didn't seem to want to have much to do with us.

I was shipped to a young family in Utah to serve as their primary car. After a few years I couldn't take the boredom anymore. I needed something to take my mind off of the endless drudgery and endless miles and miles of highway ahead of me. I let my head gasket slip - just a little bit at first - just to let the pressure off.

I went too far. I ejaculated a hot stream of caustic coolant all over the highway and then snapped my crank in twain. My owners never looked at me the same way again. Soon, they had bought a funny-looking, funny-talking Japanese car and I was banished to a Carmax. The mangled and dismantled cars around me stared at me with their hollowed-out headlights, sagging bumpers and broken hoods. I didn't deserve to be here. I was loved, once.

The butchers cut into me with wild abandon, haphazardly replacing metric fasteners with strange-feeling imperial fasteners, leaving wires undone and denting my beautiful impact resistant body panels. But it was done and I soon had a new heart. I yearned to make amends, to be returned to my former owners to show them I had changed.

Many owners bought me from then on. A flash of them using me, treating me wrong, discarding me. Pot ash in my shifter turret. Overheating on mountain passes. Crying out about running low on oil every time a sorority girl turned right. Big Gulps of incomprehensible size stuffed haphazardly into all of my orifices. My cupholders were never designed for such an advancement in Big Gulp technology. I was in hell. I screamed for Lutz to save me.

A few years down the road, my owner backed into a spot in order to make it easier for him to escape after his imminent robbery of a meth dealer and I saw what had been tattooed on my rear in the reflection of a nearby building's windows. Bronies.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 12, 2013

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I was born a poor black coupe in Tennessee. I had a large family of approximately ten thousand brothers and sisters, but it was a loving family. Our parents didn't say much as they were hydraulically-driven robotic assembly arms, and our many human nannies didn't seem to want to have much to do with us.

I was shipped to a young family in Utah to serve as their primary car. After a few years I couldn't take the boredom anymore. I needed something to take my mind off of the endless drudgery and endless miles and miles of highway ahead of me. I let my head gasket slip - just a little bit at first - just to let the pressure off.

I went too far. I ejaculated a hot stream of caustic coolant all over the highway and then snapped my crank in twain. My owners never looked at me the same way again. Soon, they had bought a funny-looking, funny-talking Japanese car and I was banished to a Carmax. The mangled and dismantled cars around me stared at me with their hollowed-out headlights, sagging bumpers and broken hoods. I didn't deserve to be here. I was loved, once.

The butchers cut into me with wild abandon, haphazardly replacing metric fasteners with strange-feeling imperial fasteners, leaving wires undone and denting my beautiful impact resistant body panels. But it was done and I soon had a new heart. I yearned to make amends, to be returned to my former owners to show them I had changed.

Many owners bought me from then on. A flash of them using me, treating me wrong, discarding me. Pot ash in my shifter turret. Overheating on mountain passes. Crying out about running low on oil every time a sorority girl turned right. Big Gulps of incomprehensible size stuffed haphazardly into all of my orifices. My cupholders were never designed for such an advancement in Big Gulp technology. I was in hell. I screamed for Lutz to save me.

A few years down the road, my owner backed into a spot in order to make it easier for him to escape after his imminent robbery of a meth dealer and I saw what had been tattooed on my rear in the reflection of a nearby building's windows. Bronies.

:golfclap:

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Octopus Magic posted:

I know it's not a riced out mad JDM 20-year old sport coupe, but come on.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Polymerized Cum posted:

I know it's not a riced out mad JDM 20-year old sport coupe, but come on.

A turd is a turd.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Octopus Magic posted:

A turd is a turd.

You have one of the most consistently poor attitudes in AI. Bravo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Paul Boz_ posted:

You have one of the most consistently poor attitudes in AI. Bravo.

It's a cheap GM econobox. Sorry for not bawling tears over it.

I guess I'll have to take a couple of personal days when I see a crashed Daewoo.