Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

the kanc sucks. Bear notch is amazing if you can catch it when it's empty and doesnt have SUV's from NY parked half way in the road or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

What about hurricane mountain road? It looks good but it is really narrow and the pavement looks pretty bad. I haven't tried driving it yet. Can you let loose on it at all or is it too narrow and dangerous when there's any oncoming traffic?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've heard good things, but havent been on it or cant remember it.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Oh- I must have misunderstood. I thought you meant a road to slowly cruise and stare at nature not one for zooming (an understandable goal at that). My apologies.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I can understand how you would be confused as some of the roads on that New England riders website are definitely more of the cruising type, but in this case yes, I'm looking for good zooming roads.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Anyone down for rallycross on 6/30?

http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/event/20130630_okemo-rallyx

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Southbridge hangout time was fun. Woodchuck was drank. Car parts were pulled. Burritos were eaten. Despite the rain, I would call it mostly a success.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Center console bracket came out OK-ish... this rain can suck it though, I wanted to be welding a bumper together right now.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

My lowered legacy made it into kens yard and made it back out just fine.

New sticker on sandbagger:

NEAI internet loving loser car nerds meet:

I got an EJ25, some TJ half doors, spare glass for my legacy so I can finally tint the loving thing. etc

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Too bad I had to work. I was so loving scared driving in and out of Ken's rear "driveway".

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Too bad I had to work. I was so loving scared driving in and out of Ken's rear "driveway".

Wuss.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I was so loving scared driving in and out of Ken's rear "driveway".

It's only scary the first time.

:stare:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
FYI NEAI, there's a p cool car/bike event coming up August 2-4 at Loudon. Vintage racing thing. My shop will be running a couple bikes in it, and there's usually a lot of old Mustangs and shitloads of air cooled 911s and some Maseratis and Jaguars and stuff. Is fun.

http://www.nhms.com/events/vintage_racing_celebration/

I think they have some oval course racing on 7/30-8/1 too but oval racing doesn't count.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Anyone near grantham NH and own a shop press? :10bux: and/or beer for the use of it for a few minutes... PS doing the rear wheel bearings on an AWD 96-00 rav4 is NOT something you can do without a shop press. Toyota forums that say "oh it's probably like the newer ones" are full of poo poo.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I always feel like, somebody's watching meee...

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Anyone else going to COM's NHMS track weekend 6/29-30? Octopus Magic, I hope.
I haven't had the vette out on track since last year. New rubber, new pads. Same lovely seats. The CF helmet I ordered probably won't show up in time :(.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

kimbo305 posted:

Anyone else going to COM's NHMS track weekend 6/29-30? Octopus Magic, I hope.
I haven't had the vette out on track since last year. New rubber, new pads. Same lovely seats. The CF helmet I ordered probably won't show up in time :(.

I'll definitely be there, although my car is going to be pretty slow. Say hi!

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
:siren::gooncamp: :siren::gooncamp:

NEAI SUMMER OF LOVE and rust

Holy fucksquatch, it's that time again! Time for discussion of the every three months or whatever (c) NEAI meetup. It's almost July and July was suggested, so let's start this ball rolling.

For further discussion, we have a rather active IRC chan on irc.synirc.net in #newenglandai

Or, if you would prefer, you can join the facebook group at http://tinyurl.com/c25g4ks

We also have a website that isn't really ready for public consumption yet.

CATTE

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

ACEofsnett posted:

:siren::gooncamp: :siren::gooncamp:

NEAI SUMMER OF LOVE and rust

Holy fucksquatch, it's that time again! Time for discussion of the every three months or whatever (c) NEAI meetup. It's almost July and July was suggested, so let's start this ball rolling.

For further discussion, we have a rather active IRC chan on irc.synirc.net in #newenglandai

Or, if you would prefer, you can join the facebook group at http://tinyurl.com/c25g4ks

We also have a website that isn't really ready for public consumption yet.

CATTE

I wont be around in July, preppin' for New England Forest Rally. Do it first weekend of august.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I'll be back on Jul 22. You'll probably see me around then.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I may be at the Cape or in NC but pick a date and I'll try to make it.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Yea, July is no good. NEFR prep is in full swing, and I'm prepping to open a big production at the theater. As slow said, first week in August.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
No go for the first 3 weeks of July for me either, gonna be in CA for training-of-people.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I have no idea what my schedule looks like but weekdays may be a no-go for me in the near future. Weekends: next weekend works (I think?), the one after it I'm out in western mass wheeling, the one after that I may be busy, but August looks good I think.

My house MIGHT even be semi habitable. It is already worlds better than it was last time we had one here. As usual, everyone's welcome, we can have a smallish fire but nothing ridiculous, quiet fireworks only, and I'm all out of toilets to burn so we might have to actually do something useful.

Stuff I have on hand:
O/A for small motor coal rollin' :coal: also anyone who wants to learn to braze, bring some flux coated brazing rod (it's reasonably priced) and I'll teach you.
fluxcore & MIG welders (same goes, except I'll supply the welding consumables)
poo poo for smashing things
I still have several pounds of aluminum powder, so someone bring red iron oxide powder and let's make some thermite again.

And like I said before, I know a ton more twisty roads (both paved and unpaved) and some more wheeling trails so we can actually do some driving too.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
http://nwct.craigslist.org/pts/3846921405.html

Who wants to make their weight in woodchuck? :gonk:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

August at kasteins.

I might buy a toilet

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

First weekend of August at Kastein's place? That was easy.

Slow is Fast posted:

August at kasteins.

I might buy a toilet

Awwwww, no Mainer ever forgets the first time he uses indoor plumbing!

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
AUG drill is on the 24th apparently, so the first weekend should work

sharkytm posted:

No go for the first 3 weeks of July for me either, gonna be in CA for training-of-people.

ME TOO. Only army training near SF.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 29, 2013

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

kastein posted:

I have no idea what my schedule looks like but weekdays may be a no-go for me in the near future. Weekends: next weekend works (I think?), the one after it I'm out in western mass wheeling, the one after that I may be busy, but August looks good I think.

Do you need (have room for) a co-pilot?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Ozmiander posted:

http://nwct.craigslist.org/pts/3846921405.html

Who wants to make their weight in woodchuck? :gonk:

I'm gonna peer pressure Ace into agreeing to go pull this Sunday while he's helping me drag demolition debris to the dump tomorrow. Or maybe even tomorrow evening. I figure we can take his truck, my truck, and my bumper-mount crane, and have that engine out and in the back of his truck in under an hour.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Maybe, we'll see, I'm not 100% on going yet, need to make sure I'll have spare cash for it. If I go, you're more than welcome to ride shotgun. Warning: my driving style is "passengers are like martinis, best shaken not stirred."

We'll be running a trail in the Adams area if anyone wants to join, actually. At least one locker (preferably two) and 33" or larger tires required, there are steep ledges involved so if you like your rocker panels intact you should probably have rocker guards or rock rails.

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 29, 2013

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kastein posted:

I'm gonna peer pressure Ace into agreeing to go pull this Sunday while he's helping me drag demolition debris to the dump tomorrow. Or maybe even tomorrow evening. I figure we can take his truck, my truck, and my bumper-mount crane, and have that engine out and in the back of his truck in under an hour.

He was saying 20 minutes. One of you always way more optimistic, lol.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

commissargribb posted:

AUG drill is on the 24th apparently, so the first weekend should work

ME TOO. Only army training near SF.

Navy for me.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

sharkytm posted:

Navy for me.

Are you nearby or can you not say due to opsec? I'll probably have time to hang out with goons in a week when phase 1 ends.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Ozmiander posted:

He was saying 20 minutes. One of you always way more optimistic, lol.

He knows more about SBCs so I might have to trust him on this one.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

commissargribb posted:

Are you nearby or can you not say due to opsec? I'll probably have time to hang out with goons in a week when phase 1 ends.

Dunno about my schedule, opsec shouldn't figure into things too much, but I won't be mobile. I'll check in on IRC if I get a chance, but I have a sinking feeling that I'll be busy ~18 hours a day. Dunno about weekends, either.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

kastein posted:

He knows more about SBCs so I might have to trust him on this one.

We decided not to pull the motor today, when Kastein looked at the map we noticed it was in Brookfield... Connecticut, 2 hours away.

sharkytm posted:

Dunno about my schedule, opsec shouldn't figure into things too much, but I won't be mobile. I'll check in on IRC if I get a chance, but I have a sinking feeling that I'll be busy ~18 hours a day. Dunno about weekends, either.

I didn't think people who spent every day on boats said things like "Sinking Feeling..." :ohdear:

kastein posted:

Maybe, we'll see, I'm not 100% on going yet, need to make sure I'll have spare cash for it. If I go, you're more than welcome to ride shotgun. Warning: my driving style is "passengers are like martinis, best shaken not stirred."

We'll be running a trail in the Adams area if anyone wants to join, actually. At least one locker (preferably two) and 33" or larger tires required, there are steep ledges involved so if you like your rocker panels intact you should probably have rocker guards or rock rails.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm on 31s with open diffs, but I'll still be willing to go watch and take go arounds if Kastein goes. If not, you can just come wheel with us somewhere else or whatever, you're always welcome to ride with me.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I actually asked if 31s would make it when this run got posted on the local club's forum and the answer is that they won't, even with lockers, unless you have a winch and like abusing your suspension. There are apparently a large number of ledges with undercuts and literally no go-arounds, and it's a public road not private land so we don't have permission to cut any bypasses unfortunately.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

I actually asked if 31s would make it when this run got posted on the local club's forum and the answer is that they won't, even with lockers, unless you have a winch and like abusing your suspension. There are apparently a large number of ledges with undercuts and literally no go-arounds, and it's a public road not private land so we don't have permission to cut any bypasses unfortunately.

That sounds pretty intense.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

ACEofsnett posted:

I didn't think people who spent every day on boats said things like "Sinking Feeling..." :ohdear:

I was hoping someone called me on that phrase, I use it intentionally at work, and rarely does it get noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

sharkytm posted:

I was hoping someone called me on that phrase, I use it intentionally at work, and rarely does it get noticed.

Yea, I saw that.... Sinking isn't very funny at my job.

• Locked thread