Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hope Tea-san's next comment is just "Renard Renard Renard".

Good call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Salvador Dalvik posted:

Next page is just Renard going back to his room and falling asleep, with the chapter end symbol. No explanation will ever be given.

Renard Renard Renard Renard

Hah, my first thought as well.

The scratch marks on the door suggest this isn't the first time he's been there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bad dog, stop scratching up the door. >:(

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The marks are in the same place too. Some kind of knock code?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Oh, that Renard. Always up to somethin' suspicious he is.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This seems really sad, he looks so down in the fourth panel when he's scratching lower on the door. It being Surma's old place seems the most likely, but that theory that it was the home of the family of that guy he killed isn't disproven yet, and that would be an interesting way for this to go.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

There's just a really tasty burger he can smell behind that door.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh no, we have reached level 3 Renard. It gets dangerous from here.

No Renard you can't go inside after what you did with the rug last time. Bad, bad doggy.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tooooooooooom!! :byodood:

This is really a slow burning chapter, and it's starting to drive me up the wall. If Friday is a series of silent panels of him walking back up the street and stopping to stare back wistfully a few times, my head may explode. (Renard Renard Renard Renard)

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.
renard sure has scratched that door in the exact same way an awful lot of times

Leonard Hatred
Dec 27, 2004
It's like a great big tide of jam. But jam made out of... old women.
Renard Renard Renard. The saddest thing is The Saddest Face

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Brightman posted:

This seems really sad, he looks so down in the fourth panel when he's scratching lower on the door. It being Surma's old place seems the most likely, but that theory that it was the home of the family of that guy he killed isn't disproven yet, and that would be an interesting way for this to go.

It was how he greeted Surma after he possessed that guy and snuck into the court, but it actually only happened the once. Turns out that unlike a stuffed animal when you try and force a dude into the shape of a dog thing the end product leaves lots of stains on everything it touches and they don't wash out easy.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Oh my god Renard you are so cute and sad I can't bear it.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
New reader here, just dropping in to say that Gunnerkrigg Court is the best thing; certainly the best webcomic I've ever read, and probably better than most traditionally-published comics too. I just finished reading through all ~1200 pages of it in about 2 days and am just now experiencing the agony of a 3-page-a-week schedule (which is still pretty good for a webcomic though). Renard Renard Renard.

I really love how Tom has kept the art and the character designs fresh throughout the comic, especially with Kat's ever-changing hair and clothes. And reading through the whole thing at once, it's amazing how natural the evolution of the art quality has been. I barely even noticed it until I went back to read some older chapters again.

Also, all of my :3: for the last chapter.

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.

Puella Magissima posted:

New reader here, just dropping in to say that Gunnerkrigg Court is the best thing; certainly the best webcomic I've ever read, and probably better than most traditionally-published comics too. I just finished reading through all ~1200 pages of it in about 2 days and am just now experiencing the agony of a 3-page-a-week schedule (which is still pretty good for a webcomic though). Renard Renard Renard.

I really love how Tom has kept the art and the character designs fresh throughout the comic, especially with Kat's ever-changing hair and clothes. And reading through the whole thing at once, it's amazing how natural the evolution of the art quality has been. I barely even noticed it until I went back to read some older chapters again.

Also, all of my :3: for the last chapter.

Welcome friend. Now, this bit is important, what was your favorite part?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

This is a trick question, the right answer is always "all of them"

Except the Boxbot pages. They're terrible.

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Waiting...

Everything's topsy-turvy.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

This is a trick question, the right answer is always "all of them"

Except the Boxbot pages. They're terrible.

Eh, the page with Boxbot and Robox is alright...

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Daius posted:

Eh, the page with Boxbot and Robox is alright...

Only because Robox is awesome.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

SerSpook posted:

Only because Robox is awesome.

Ugh, yes, thank you. :thejoke:

Anyway, Puella Magissima, please tell us what your favorite chapter is and what your favorite page/panel is in that chapter. No particular reason. :angel:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

BobTheJanitor posted:

Tooooooooooom!! :byodood:

This is really a slow burning chapter, and it's starting to drive me up the wall. If Friday is a series of silent panels of him walking back up the street and stopping to stare back wistfully a few times, my head may explode. (Renard Renard Renard Renard)

Have you been around while The Stone was coming out in real time? That was tantalising as hell, but on the other hand it made this page even more hilarious.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Rasamune posted:

renard

That is amazing. And the way you positioned his eyes in the individual frames made me laugh out loud.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Perestroika posted:

Have you been around while The Stone was coming out in real time? That was tantalising as hell, but on the other hand it made this page even more hilarious.

That was during the last GC break that I took because I got so crazy about waiting for updates that I actually stopped reading for a long while, knowing that when I finally came back it would be great and there would be tons of stuff to read. But now I am trapped again, and I don't really know how I managed to tear myself away last time. Whatever self control I had back then has clearly departed. So I sit here and wait obsessively with everyone else.

Friday's strip will probably be something crazy like Brinnie and Tony peeking out the window, saying 'is he gone yet?' because Tom really loves to make the weekend wait agony. (I know, it's probably not intentional, just the order the strips go in. But it sure seems to happen a lot)

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

BobTheJanitor posted:

Friday's strip will probably be something crazy like Brinnie and Tony peeking out the window, saying 'is he gone yet?' because Tom really loves to make the weekend wait agony. (I know, it's probably not intentional, just the order the strips go in. But it sure seems to happen a lot)

The better you are at storytelling, the more hellish it is for readers to wait for an update a page at a time. Both because of the fact that the story is a good one, and the fact that you don't feel constrained to put a punchline on every comic page just so that current readers have a payoff to reward them for waiting.

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.

Rasamune posted:

Anyway, Puella Magissima, please tell us what your favorite chapter is and what your favorite page/panel is in that chapter. No particular reason. :angel:

This is what I was getting at! ;)

Ursine Asylum posted:

The better you are at storytelling, the more hellish it is for readers to wait for an update a page at a time. Both because of the fact that the story is a good one, and the fact that you don't feel constrained to put a punchline on every comic page just so that current readers have a payoff to reward them for waiting.
I've realized pretty much all the punch line driven comics (that aren't specifically gag comics like Chainsawsuit) I still read are mostly a factor of inertia and sometimes it annoys me because at this point I'm invested in the stories and want more actual story telling than forced jokes.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
City Face sighting in the GBS Critterquest thread!

Revolting. The Boxbot of birds.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Renard is a trickster. What long con has he been running this whole time?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Maybe he's a door-to-door salesman now. They never open the door for him in that one house.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Rasamune posted:

Ugh, yes, thank you. :thejoke:

That's quite a difficult question. I guess my favorite chapter is 33 (I like the robots), and my favorite page of that chapter is, obviously, page 899. But my favorite page that's not in that chapter is probably 308.

edit: So that's why so many people have Gunnerkrigg avatars!

Magissima fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jun 14, 2013

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I was on one of my semi-regular partial re-reads, and was reminded that I would pay stupid amounts of money for a print of THIS

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard

Hi thread. I, too, am a new reader. I've been curious as to why there's so many avatars around this place, so now I've finally taken the time to investigate. Seeing how popular this is here, are there even, like, Gunnerkrigg smilies yet?

Just read everything so far. Dear God, how could you folks manage to read at the pace it was being released? Makes me kind of glad to be sort of late in the game.

I've got a question. Was there a reason why Annie hasn't just told Renard that his body is still lying in the forest yet, or have I missed something? It's been almost 20 chapters past.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Not sure at the moment, but I think Renard knows about his body?

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Just read everything so far. Dear God, how could you folks manage to read at the pace it was being released? Makes me kind of glad to be sort of late in the game.

It can be frustrating, but it gets a little better once you realize how much reread value the comic has.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Blackheart posted:

Not sure at the moment, but I think Renard knows about his body?

I would assume so. Coyote seems to have preserved it as an incentive for Renard to return to the forest, and it wouldn't work as one if Renard didn't know about it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Huh. Is that an animated doll? :raise:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

The Renard chain is broken. This is a game changer.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting... that. :stare:

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
That was unexpected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Ooh, new character. I it just me, or do her legs look robotic?

Bongo Bill posted:

He was a trickster as a fox, but he is currently a wolf:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=214

That distinction may have altered his personality somewhat.