Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ConanThe3rd posted:

That said when those sort win, God, is it glorious (the squidward band episode springs to mind).

To this day I'd still put that episode in like top 5 funniest kids show episodes of all time. God is it just hilarity from beginning to end.

edit: There is no way Steven Universe won't get the same treatment Adventure Time and Regular Show get, especially since the show is by Rebecca Sugar.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
So these ads on Comedy Central have been aggressively promoting that Sanjay and Craig show that's going to be on Nickelodeon. Am I the only one that thinks it's trying too hard to be like Bob's Burgers and Regular Show at the same time?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Macaluso posted:

To this day I'd still put that episode in like top 5 funniest kids show episodes of all time. God is it just hilarity from beginning to end.

:haw:: CORRECT!

Band Geeks is so loving funny, and the :krad: ending musical number just seals its status as one of the best cartoons ever.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Miss Kalle posted:

So these ads on Comedy Central have been aggressively promoting that Sanjay and Craig show that's going to be on Nickelodeon. Am I the only one that thinks it's trying too hard to be like Bob's Burgers and Regular Show at the same time?

I just watched the two episodes. Having seeing Regular Show pretty often, I still think it's fresh on its own. I hope it goes places.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The second season of the Aquabat's Super Show started recently, and it's amazing. It seems that this season's cartoon segments are going to be on the origins of the Aquabats. There's about half of last week's and this upcoming week's cartoons. They're pretty great.

This week's is being done by Shmorky. :ssh:

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Hey kids! Want to watch Christian parents freak the gently caress out over a awful children's cartoon!?

One Million Terrible Moms posted:

Warning to all parents! This Saturday, June 1, the premiere of the transgender superhero show "SheZow" will air on Hub at 12:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. CT/9:30 a.m. PT. The media is determined to pollute the minds of our children and there is no better way to desensitize them than through a cartoon program. Everyone knows children are drawn to animated shows; both boys and girls love superheroes. This character especially will appeal to both boys and girls since the superhero represents both genders by cross dressing and being transgendered. This dude becomes the FEMALE superhero SheZow dressed in pink and purple.

The Hub network, co-owned by Discovery and Hasbro (children's toy company), produced the "SheZow" show which follows the adventures of a 12-year-old boy named Guy who uses a magic ring from his deceased Aunt to transform himself into a crime-fighting girl. Yes, you read that correctly. When Guy says the magic words "You go girl!" he becomes SheZow the superhero.

This is just another attempt by the gay, lesbian and transgender community to indoctrinate our children into accepting their lifestyles.

The Hub currently shows many children's shows like, My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake and Chuck and Friends, which are all very popular among young TV viewers and their parents. The target audience for the Hub is children aged two to eleven.

Even the chief executive of the Hub, Margaret Loesch, initially had the same reaction that most parents will have. Loesch commented, "When I first heard about the show, my reaction was 'Are you out of your minds?' Then I looked at it, and I thought, 'This is just funny.'" There are several possible reasons why she may have changed her opinion concerning this gender-bending program for kids.

There is no doubt this superhero character will confuse kids. Children desire to be just like superheroes and will mimic a superhero's every action, even to the point of dressing up in costumes to resemble the characters as much as possible. It won't be long before little boys are saying, "I want to be a girl, so I can help people and save the world!"

Christian parents don't need a TV show to contribute to what might be a real problem for some children. Loving your child is to teach them right from wrong and find help when they need it. We are all sinners, but we try to do better and get help when and where we need it in our lives. Thousands of Christian counselors and pastors are available all across the country to help anyone who is struggling with any kind of sin including homosexuality, gender identity disorder, gender confusion or gender dysphoria. If you or someone you know needs help finding a Christian counselor go to [gently caress YOU ONE MILLION MOMS] for more information.

TAKE ACTION

Please send your email to oppose the new show "SheZow" and strongly encourage Hub (Discovery and Hasbro) to drop all plans to air this program.

(No, I'm not posting the link. gently caress OMM and their terrible website.)

I particularly love that last part at the end. Stay classy OMM! :allears:

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 5, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cross-dressing isn't nearly the same thing as being transgendered, is it?

... Now I feel like I'm defending Shezow and I need to take a shower. Thanks, OMM, thanks a lot.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hey OMM if you had just ignored it, children wouldn't have watched it because it's a lovely cartoon and it would have quietly slipped away and not been anything other than a weird fetish footnote on the dark corners of the internet. But now you've made it a "thing" so you've managed increase it's viewership a thousand fold and insured that we have to hear about it for months. Great job, assholes.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I think the worst part of all of this is going to be liberals loving the show just to spite conservatives. You can already see it starting to happen in the comments sections of various news sites:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/01/1213068/--SheZow-Happens-to-drive-conservatives-crazy

quote:

OMIGOD! that is HILARIOUS! (4+ / 0-)

just watched the whole thing and was laughing hysterically!

as a big fan of children's teevee (love word girl and cyberspace), this one is going to be HUGE! anyone know what stations carry? i'm hoping it is pbs - although it will be a major republican pink flag to defund them - again.

what a hoot!

everybody - go link and watch this little tongue in cheek gem!

thank you SO much for linking it!!!

:ughh:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raditts posted:

Cross-dressing isn't nearly the same thing as being transgendered, is it?

... Now I feel like I'm defending Shezow and I need to take a shower. Thanks, OMM, thanks a lot.

The pitch was that he turns into a female superhero, whether this just means a change of clothes or an actual change of his sex is something I really have no interest in looking up or trying to rationalize.

Really, everybody loses. Conservatives are going to hate it because it portrays being transgendered/crossdressing as anything other than a sinful aberration, and liberals are going to hate it because it's so ridiculously over-the-top with enforcing traditional gender roles (being a female superhero means having powers and equipment that are all based on cosmetics and the color pink!) as well as minimizing actual transgendered struggles in favor a zillion she/her/girl puns.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
There many things wrong with "SheZow", but promoting transgenderism is not one of them.

readingatwork posted:

I think the worst part of all of this is going to be liberals loving the show just to spite conservatives. You can already see it starting to happen in the comments sections of various news sites:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/01/1213068/--SheZow-Happens-to-drive-conservatives-crazy

:ughh:

Oh my god, that post is hilarious. I especially loved the "I hope it's on PBS" part. Yes, it would work great there. Curious George, Thomas the Tank Engine, Sesame Street, and then a preteen-aimed action cartoon.

edit: Well would you look at that, in one feel swoop I find myself hating both conservatives and liberals.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 5, 2013

Toolband
May 28, 2003

Year of the Tiger....probably not but hey we started 2-0
is Legends of Chima coming back anytime soon?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I thought that wasn't really starting until July or August, the episodes in January were a "Sneak Peek".

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, if Teen Titans go doesn't have it's own thread it really deserves one. I watched epsiode 5 and 6A today and literally could not stop laughing at the milk mustache scene.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neo Helbeast posted:

Holy poo poo, if Teen Titans go doesn't have it's own thread it really deserves one. I watched epsiode 5 and 6A today and literally could not stop laughing at the milk mustache scene.

Yeah, that show had the worst loving commercials before it started but it's seriously hilarious.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yes that, the dog hand switch, and calling Trigon a 'major wiener' have given me way too much enjoyment. This is pretty promising.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I usually like Teen Titans Go! last night's episode (with Beast Boy refusing to turn back from a gorilla) was kind of a low point for the series. Mostly in how the characterization for everybody was completely off, especially Beast Boy who seemed like he rather quickly switched from just joking around to being a complete rear end in a top hat.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Is there any special sort of way that I should watch Motorcity? Apparently Disney aired the episodes out of order during its run.

Tollemache
Oct 10, 2012

Level Slide posted:

Is there any special sort of way that I should watch Motorcity? Apparently Disney aired the episodes out of order during its run.

Going by the production codes on Wikipedia:

1. 'Battle For Motorcity'
2. 'Power Trip'
3. 'Ride The Lightning'
4. 'The Duke of Detroit'
5. 'Texas-ify It!'
6. 'Off The Rack'
7. 'Blond Thunder'
8. 'Fearless'
9. 'Going Dutch'
10. 'Vendetta'
11. 'Ride of the Fantasy Vans'
12. 'The Duke of Detroit Presents'
13. 'Reunion'
14. 'Like Father, Like Daughter'
15. 'Julie and the Amazons'
16. 'The Robo-Roundup'
17. 'Mayhem Night'
18. 'Threat Level: Texas'
19. 'Vega'
20. 'A Better Tomorrow'

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

readingatwork posted:

Hey kids! Want to watch Christian parents freak the gently caress out over a awful children's cartoon!?

(No, I'm not posting the link. gently caress OMM and their terrible website.)

I particularly love that last part at the end. Stay classy OMM! :allears:

If I ever get a real cartoon on the air, thanks to my homophobic mother and the incredibly homophobic father of my fiance, I'll be happily snubbing my noses at uptight Christians with openly bisexual characters and gently caress with their heads about how "proper" men and women should act and love each other.

But more on topic, I really miss Teen Titans. I've been watching it and thinking about how crappy the new Teen Titans is. What a loving travesty...

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm kind of amazed at the stupidity of "One Million Moms" thinking that a crap show like that could influence someone to cross dress or -gasp- be gay!

Most kids in that demographic if they are heavily into comic books and cartoons are going to be into Tony Stark, Batman or Spiderman.

Hell, the majority of LGBTQ individuals I've met are comic book nerds.

Also, the fact that at the end they recommend a group of individuals that adovocate "gay conversation" therapy is loving terrifying.

I hope the show isn't cancelled just to spite those group of idiots, but I hope it doesn't become a "thing" like "My Little Pony".

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I honestly have no idea what the target demographic for She-zow even is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sockser posted:

People who have lost their remotes and can't be bothered to get up and turn off the TV?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sockser posted:

Fetishists/Closeted people watching it for "research."

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sockser posted:

People who set their DVRs early for The Aquabats.

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

FuzzySkinner posted:

I hope the show isn't cancelled just to spite those group of idiots, but I hope it doesn't become a "thing" like "My Little Pony".

I'm gonna be "that guy" who loved PPG and has made around 400 friends because of MLP and say you don't know what you're missing if you're not reading the comics. :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcDSij2MMaM

inb4bannedforMLPshitandmypastreputationforbeingneckdeepinthisfandom

Frankly, though, I was doomed the moment I involved http://zone-archive.com/ in my TwilightXSpike game and a lot of this fandom's bad reputation can be blamed on me. Mix in a helping of love/hate relationship and unrequited sexual attraction and you get two very busy animators doing their best to attempt to ignore the other one exists until all this Skullgirls poo poo blows over.

Also, I have some iiiiinteresting facts about Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust, Tara Strong, Andy Price, Katie Cook, and John de Lancie but it falls purely into the poo poo "I'm not supposed to know but learned because I really really loving needed some advice and help with the above problem" category.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ButtercupSaiyan fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 17, 2013

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Why would you admit to being Patient Zero for brony-dom?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

TwoPair posted:

Why would you admit to being Patient Zero for brony-dom?

Now you know why even so much as mentioning the name of That Show is discouraged 'round here.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

I'm gonna be "that guy" who loved PPG and has made around 400 friends because of MLP and say you don't know what you're missing if you're not reading the comics. :aaaaa:

Frankly, though, I was doomed the moment I involved http://zone-archive.com/ in my TwilightXSpike game and a lot of this fandom's bad reputation can be blamed on me. Mix in a helping of love/hate relationship and unrequited sexual attraction and you get two very busy animators doing their best to attempt to ignore the other one exists until all this Skullgirls poo poo blows over.

Also, I have some iiiiinteresting facts about Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust, Tara Strong, Andy Price, Katie Cook, and John de Lancie but it falls purely into the poo poo "I'm not supposed to know but learned because I really really loving needed some advice and help with the above problem" category.

What the gently caress are you even talking about.

You've been probated twice in the past two weeks for being weird. loving stop it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

:wrongful:

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

Holy poo poo.

Why would you think any of this would be alright to post.

Sploosh
Jun 14, 2013

by Fistgrrl
My initial reaction was to say "Good god why are you even on this site" but it's clear to me that you know you won't last much longer here, so you're just typing whatever insane thoughts come to mind.

404GoonNotFound posted:

People who set their DVRs early for The Aquabats.

The Aquabats are amazing, as is Matt Chapman. Don't associate any fans of that show with this She-Zow crap. :colbert:

Sploosh fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 17, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sploosh posted:

The Aquabats are amazing, as is Matt Chapman. Don't associate any fans of that show with this She-Zow crap. :colbert:

I think he was suggesting that the only people that would watch Shezow are the people that accidentally tune in early for the show they actually want to watch.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 17, 2013

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Here let me feed the troll a bit.

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

I'm gonna be "that guy" who loved PPG and has made around 400 friends because of MLP

Sure they're your friends.

quote:

Frankly, though, I was doomed the moment I involved http://zone-archive.com/ in my TwilightXSpike game

Who cares if Zone's involved, if the game's not sexual he's just another artist and - wait,"TwilightXSpike"?

Why are you saying this.

quote:

and a lot of this fandom's bad reputation can be blamed on me.
This is as laughable an idea as claiming you invented the internet.

quote:

Mix in a helping of love/hate relationship and unrequited sexual attraction
Wait, unrequited... what? For who? Or what?

quote:

Why do you think anyone will believe you, mr. important

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Can we shift the discussion to how the Aquabats show is bizarrely awesome? Or "Dan vs.", which isn't really a kid's show but still loving funny?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Doodles posted:

Can we shift the discussion to how the Aquabats show is bizarrely awesome? Or "Dan vs.", which isn't really a kid's show but still loving funny?

Is Dan vs getting another season? I haven't watched it but I got the impression it was cancelled.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You know what's a great show? The Amazing World of Gumball. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5lTe9ScgNU

Also it turns out that the makers of the show set up a youtube channel for the dumb youtube videos the characters make. http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoreStream?feature=watch

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Aw, they changed Darwin's voice :(

Speaking of other cartoons, did anyone have any opinions on the Redwall series Nelvana did in 1999? I thought it was a pretty good adaptation, and just had a bunch of "haha what the gently caress" moments like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C-rZpBxk-tc#t=899s

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

Well, thanks for making me feel bad about getting stoned with my wife and watching an episode of MLP before bed.

Also, liking PPG doesn't make you "that guy". Being a loving weirdo does.

Doodles posted:

Where can I watch Aquabats show online? I don't get The Hub and I know this show is something I'd lose my poo poo over.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Thompsons posted:

Aw, they changed Darwin's voice :(

Speaking of other cartoons, did anyone have any opinions on the Redwall series Nelvana did in 1999? I thought it was a pretty good adaptation, and just had a bunch of "haha what the gently caress" moments like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C-rZpBxk-tc#t=899s

That show was one of the few reasons I watched PBS in the summer when I was a kid.

I remember all the rumors that there would be a supposed movie coming in 2010 or something. Of course, it never happened so the rumor started up again.

I really wish it wasn't a rumor. :(