Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Goddamn this is good

quote:

Tonight at Milk in New York, Kanye West held a listening session where he debuted Yeezus. (Yes, Beyoncé and Jay-Z were there.) As the never-before-heard tracks came out, there was one overwhelming revelation: Kanye mentioned that both Chief Keef and Bon Iver's Justin Vernon appear on the same song. It's called "Can't Handle My Liquor". Holy poo poo.

UPDATE: Kanye also confirmed that Daft Punk worked on three or four songs, shared a track that flipped TNGHT's "Higher Ground" with the Billie Holiday classic "Strange Fruit", and said that Rick Rubin executive produced the album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Unnnnggghhh I'm cumming IM CUMMING sploooooosh

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

Same

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
If cellphones were allowed where are the rest of the youtube leaks?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
There are a bunch of videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EAZ625

The one with the guitar solo sounds absolutely insane.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

scary ghost dog posted:

Hahaha. People getting crazy for this one

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

Wario Kart 64 posted:

This link has gathered some reactions and Vines from the listening party:

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2013/06/kanye-west-yeezus-album-listening/

Some people are saying it's a dance album. I can't wait any longer for June 18th to come
This is really exciting, but after listening the low-quality sound on the YouTube videos I think I'm just going to stop and wait for the album to drop.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

scary ghost dog posted:

Don't be weird and gross please.

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/arts/music/kanye-west-talks-about-his-career-and-album-yeezus.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

NY Times Interview

quote:

I think that’s a responsibility that I have, to push possibilities, to show people: “This is the level that things could be at.” So when you get something that has the name Kanye West on it, it’s supposed to be pushing the furthest possibilities. I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.

quote:

This album is moments that I haven’t done before, like just my voice and drums. What people call a rant — but put it next to just a drumbeat, and it cuts to the level of, like, Run-D.M.C. or KRS-One. The last record I can remember — and I’m going to name records that you’ll think are cheesy — but like, J-Kwon, “Tipsy.” People would think that’s like a lower-quality, less intellectual form of hip-hop, but that’s always my No. 1. There’s no opera sounds on this new album, you know what I mean? It’s just like, super low-bit. I’m still, like, slightly a snob, but I completely removed my snob heaven songs; I just removed them altogether.

God I'm so hyped for this and Pusha's MNIMN. 2013 is such a great year for hiphop.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Anaranjado posted:

Otis? In Paris? It's not like Kanye just stopped making catchy stuff. Hell, Mercy and Clique were both pretty catchy too, and those were out less than a year ago.

I don't expect the guy to make another Gold Digger or We Major or Good Life, but those songs had something to them. This new stuff seems so halfassed. Clearly dude doesn't give a poo poo about pleasing anybody, which is fine, whatever makes you happy, but he was so good at making those fantastic inescapable songs, it's kind of a shame he's traded that in for screaming over tnght leftovers, or whatever you want to call that I Am A God song.

I can understand not liking his new stuff but I don't see how you can call anything he's ever done halfassed. If anything his music is overassed.

Also I recommend everyone read that NY Times interview. I don't think he gets two sentences in before he's calling himself the Michael Jordan of music. And it has quotes like this:

Kanye West posted:

It’s only led me to complete awesomeness at all times. It’s only led me to awesome truth and awesomeness. Beauty, truth, awesomeness. That’s all it is.

At this point I think I'd vote Kanye for president. And this may be hyperbole, but I'm fully willing to say that Kanye's the best American musician ever.

Mosaic Perception
Sep 18, 2009

by XyloJW
I would have to agree. He really is a thing to behold. All hail Kanye. He's exactly what I want from my musicians.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
I would love to hear a Kanye West State of the Union address. Like... really love.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
Tracklist:

1. On Sight (produced by Daft Punk)
2. Black Skinhead (produced by Daft Punk)
3. I Am A God (produced by Daft Punk; co produced by Travi$ Scott?)
4. New Slaves (feat. Frank Ocean) (co produced by Travi$ Scott)
5. Can't Handle My Liquor (feat. Bon Iver & Chief Keef)
6. I'm In It (feat. Bon Iver)
7. Blood On The Leaves (Could Have Been Somebody) (produced by Hudson Mohawke *GROAN*)
8. Guilt Trip (feat. Travi$ Scott)
9. Send It Up (feat. King L) (produced by Gesaffelstein (!!))
10. Bound

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So Daft Punk produced like 1/3rd of the album? :stare:

Nice!

Also, wow, that's a lot fewer guest artists than I was expecting. Wasn't he working with a ton more? I guess those all ended up as b-sides?

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

God I hope "Can't Handle My Liquor" is just Kanye doing "Hate Being Sober" with Bon Iver

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a milk crime posted:

Tracklist:

7. Blood On The Leaves (Could Have Been Somebody) (produced by Hudson Mohawke *GROAN*)
10. Bound

I knew I there was very little chance of it happening but I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of Will Smith on that tracklist. :(

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im very disappointed with the lack of (prod. by Kanye West)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pretty sure this is Send It Up, and the beat is so so sick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrh4i9DrKZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Only 10 tracks drat, I was hoping for that rumoured double album.

the_american_dream posted:

Im very disappointed with the lack of (prod. by Kanye West)

also this

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

a milk crime posted:

Tracklist:

10. Bound

Not saying this isn't the tracklist, but I read reports from the listening party saying Kanye had 12 songs for the album but only played 10. So more surprises could be in store for us.

Also even if it is just 10 tracks, remember MBDTF was only 11 not counting the AotL interlude and Who Will Survive In America.

Not An Irish Monk fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 12, 2013

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

From what I understand Kanye has become a producer in the Dr. Dre sense, where he just invites a ton of talented people into a studio and gets them to make the sounds he wants. He might still beat on an MPC from time to time but at least for most of his production involves being a producer more in the original sense of the word and less in the rap sense.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
All I know is that Bound to fall in Love song better be produced by him and be soulful as all heck :colbert:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I don't think he's gone into full Dr. Dre "producing" mode, since his last album he did most of it, as well as the stuff on Watch the Throne, Cruel Summer, and random stuff (I really liked his song on the Man With the Iron Fists soundtrack, although I'm not 100% sure he produced it). I know in that interview he was also talking about reworking stuff in the studio with Rick Rubin, so I'm fairly sure his input is strong. I'm actually thinking a lot of those producer credits are more co-producer with him getting input from other dudes and collaborating on the actual tracks. Could be wrong, but that's more the feeling I'm getting from it. Also I don't see him giving up that much control of his album to anyone else (He'd only be the producer on 6 of those, if he wasn't working on the other tracks).

Also nice to see a King L feature on there. Keef and Young Chop gets most of the pub for all the Chicago drill stuff, but King L is really the dude with talent in that scene.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dumb question but King L = King Louie yes?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

a milk crime posted:

Tracklist:

10. Bound

Where's Pusha?? :(

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

alansmithee posted:

I don't think he's gone into full Dr. Dre "producing" mode, since his last album he did most of it, as well as the stuff on Watch the Throne, Cruel Summer, and random stuff (I really liked his song on the Man With the Iron Fists soundtrack, although I'm not 100% sure he produced it). I know in that interview he was also talking about reworking stuff in the studio with Rick Rubin, so I'm fairly sure his input is strong. I'm actually thinking a lot of those producer credits are more co-producer with him getting input from other dudes and collaborating on the actual tracks. Could be wrong, but that's more the feeling I'm getting from it. Also I don't see him giving up that much control of his album to anyone else (He'd only be the producer on 6 of those, if he wasn't working on the other tracks).

Also nice to see a King L feature on there. Keef and Young Chop gets most of the pub for all the Chicago drill stuff, but King L is really the dude with talent in that scene.

I just mean that he's not sitting down and cutting up soul samples on an MPC like he might have done at the beginning of his career. I mostly wanted to point out that even "produced by Daft Punk" still means Kanye had a huge influence in the sound and style of the track and a ton of control over the actual production, even if he's not the one actually making the music.

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Where's Pusha?? :(

Read other reports actually that Kanye had 14 songs set for this album but gave one to Pusha for My Name Is My Name and the other to Big Sean for Hall of Fame. But yeah, I would like a Pusha T feature on this because Pusha T owns :)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm really loving glad Skrillex is nowhere to be found on that particular list.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

the_american_dream posted:

Dumb question but King L = King Louie yes?

yes

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I'm really loving glad Skrillex is nowhere to be found on that particular list.

i was p hesitant when i listened to Watch the Throne knowing that there was a Flux Pavillion track on there. It turned out much better than I expected. I don't like Skrillex's stuff at all, but I can't imagine that if he shows up that it will be too bad. I mean, Bruno Mars and one of the LMFAO dudes wrote on Watch The Throne.

As to the lack of a lot of rap features, according to most reports (ie from fakeshoredrive etc), the known features isn't finalized.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

At the end of the day though, nothing else matters other than the fact that there'll be a track in this world with Ye, Keef and Bon Iver on it.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
good news swissgoons!

YEEZUS LISTENING SESSION

TONIGHT

WEDNESDAY JUNE 12TH

11 PM

DESIGN MIAMI / BASEL
HALL 1 SUD
MESSE BASEL
SWITZERLAND

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy crap, King L feature, that's awesome. He wasn't kidding about this being a very Chicago album.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New hilarious video up on kanyewest.com with Rick Rubin being a fat beardy gently caress

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
Amazon France has the tracklist at 14 but no word on what the other 4 tracks are yet.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Bown posted:

New hilarious video up on kanyewest.com with Rick Rubin being a fat beardy gently caress

That is so loving weird.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

welp. not my pics.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Buzzfeed posted an article on why Yeezus will not leak early

Here are a few reasons

quote:

3. He also stopped working in regular recording studios, choosing to instead set up small studios in hotel rooms and other locations where he could keep out anyone besides trusted inner circle collaborators.

4. Kanye keeps works-in-progress tracks on password-protected external hard drives that were locked away in Pelican briefcases, never on laptop hard drives.On top of that, the external hard drives can only be accessed by biometric fingerprint readers.

West had both Watch the Throne and Yeezus mastered only a week before release to keep the window for final recordings to fall into the wrong hands as brief as possible.

bsmack
Dec 12, 2003
That's all good and dandy but there are actual physical copies out in stores now, so if it doesn't leak by tonight I would be very surprised.

reflex
Aug 9, 2009

I'd rather laugh with the mudders than cry with the saints. The mudders are much more fun. Hoorah.
Everyone at the KanyeToThe forums are freaking out because I guess a credible guy who leaked some other album before said he has it. There are too many pics of the physical thing floating around instagram for this to not leak today.

Update: :siren:This poo poo is leaking:siren:

reflex fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
If this tracklisting surfacing now is real, this is Kanye's shortest album: 10 songs, 40 minutes.

• Locked thread