Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

deimos posted:

Does no one read patch notes?

No, they do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Deepwood and another server are full and have queues to log in. Every other server is listed as "High" population. That's a good sign for Trion, at least.

How much do extra roles cost now, and when (if ever) do they become real money only?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Can't even login, just tells me that no data can be received after I attempt to login :(

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
Is this getting put back on Steam in the future?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

slogsdon posted:

Is this getting put back on Steam in the future?
Probably when they're done sorting out the Steam Wallet Stuff.

King Dead
Apr 13, 2011

What happened to Dwarfs' reduced fall damage racial :<

Tactician seems crazy good, at least at low levels. Just walk into an area and spray everything with fire, never dying.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

King Dead posted:

I haven't tried myself, but a friend told me falling damage has been removed from the game, though of course they might have been trolling me.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Mind over Matter posted:

I haven't tried myself, but a friend told me falling damage has been removed from the game, though of course they might have been trolling me.

I haven't taken any since I started playing again. And iirc the falling damage used to be pretty intense too.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

King Dead posted:

No more fall damage since 2.1 (January.)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Alright, in as a mage named Crunkjuice. I tried to /join goonsquad and it said that I was not allowed. Is this a change with the new patch?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

McSpankWich posted:

Alright, in as a mage named Crunkjuice. I tried to /join goonsquad and it said that I was not allowed. Is this a change with the new patch?

Accounts have limited chat functionality until they earn enough loyalty that gives you a reward to upgrade those limits. If you were ever subbed to the game before, you should already have it on your rewards to be claimed at the rift store.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
If you redeem a SL code, will that give Loyalty or is it too late for that?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
In game as Lunice, looking for an invite.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
I ran through the Defiant starter zone earlier, but I noticed that there seemed to be less quests in there than I remember. Did they cut out all of the non-story quests there or did I just miss them?

Also, Deepwood queue is about an hour long now, I got spoiled by Tera giving queue preference to non-subs that bought the game. Maybe the loyalty stuff'll be fixed by the time I get in!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Alkanos posted:

I ran through the Defiant starter zone earlier, but I noticed that there seemed to be less quests in there than I remember. Did they cut out all of the non-story quests there or did I just miss them?

Also, Deepwood queue is about an hour long now, I got spoiled by Tera giving queue preference to non-subs that bought the game. Maybe the loyalty stuff'll be fixed by the time I get in!

There are less, you level way quicker now, the ones that are still there give more experience, and so on. Majorly changed from launch.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Well I finally got logged in but queue is over an hour........

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I guess patrons have a priority queue. Only 21 people for derpwood.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Patrons have a faster queue... #230 in Queue. 1:30 Hours to login.

Though the queue wait time is lying to me... In 9 minutes I've gone from 223 to 173165.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 13, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This cash shop is pretty loving cool. Used some of my free sub credits to get a 150% speed mount, then plunked down another 20 bucks and bought more bag slots then entirely too many Deeps Supply Boxes :v: I like that you can get the relic quality new runes out of there, I got the chest SP/Int one I'll carry along with unsocketers and a few others I'm trying to make some plat with on the AH.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

fyallm posted:

Can't even login, just tells me that no data can be received after I attempt to login :(

I'm getting this error too, did yours get fixed?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I have locked classes at startup but they aren't mentioned in the OP. Are they the ones unlocked by storm legion? I used my defiance copy but it hasn't unlocked any of the classes mentioned yet. probably due to the startup problems.

I just wanted to play a necromancer (undead pets) but for some reason I can't expand my necromancer tree, I have to spend my talent points on several other classes I don't care about.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

xutech posted:

I just wanted to play a necromancer (undead pets) but for some reason I can't expand my necromancer tree, I have to spend my talent points on several other classes I don't care about.

I don't know if this is your issue, but you can only have a number of points in one tree equal to your level or your level minus one, I forget which. So you may just have more points than you can put all in Necromancy right now.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If you're getting error 2024, just keep trying. It'll eventually work.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Stanley Pain posted:

If you're getting error 2024, just keep trying. It'll eventually work.

Launch Rift as Administrator, it helps.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Y23H-QNP3-ZKYM-PK36-73JG

Tartagon mount up for grabs. I already have one from buying the Digital Deluxe from release.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Just closed the patcher, restated and it works fine.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Every server full, except for Oceanic. It was nice to play for the past week, but this overload is putting me off.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Saveron_01 posted:

Every server full, except for Oceanic. It was nice to play for the past week, but this overload is putting me off.

The queue is, from what my friends have said, pretty fast if you're a subscriber.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Yah a 2 hour wait here but it is going faster than that, I suspect it will be about an hour.

This is just like the start of rift but there isn't a server to transfer to and we won't have upset goons saying "Don't transfer, 5 hours is an alright wait, just deal with it for a few weeks."

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

In the game as Reflexsave looking for invite

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
I'm not actually in the guild because my previous MMO-friend-group thing insisted on having our own, but are there any artificers/outfitters around here with the good 60 recipes? I'm looking to get the Luminous Rings/Necklace/Staff crafted as well as the epic Belt/Helm. It'd be awesome if you could throw me a tell or something at Demonguard@Deepwood if you can help me out.

Corkscrew
May 20, 2001

Nothing happened. I'm Julius Pepperwood. Let it go.
I've attempted to log in twice tonight and the queue has frozen in place both times after a while. I can't tell if it's because I tab out while I'm waiting or if it's just doing it regardless. Anyone else run into this and figure out a way to get in successfully or is this just first-day jitters?

Edit: Nevermind! This time when I logged in the queue started at 3.

Corkscrew fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 13, 2013

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

It's nice to have the game re-popularized, it certainly deserves it BUT 20 minute wait in the Patron Queue is rough.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fruit Chewy posted:

I'm not actually in the guild because my previous MMO-friend-group thing insisted on having our own, but are there any artificers/outfitters around here with the good 60 recipes? I'm looking to get the Luminous Rings/Necklace/Staff crafted as well as the epic Belt/Helm. It'd be awesome if you could throw me a tell or something at Demonguard@Deepwood if you can help me out.

I have the Luminous Madrosa Staff recipe, hit me up at Magicbuss and I can see about getting one made for you.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
drat queues, let me play! Too many patrons I guess, even that queue is 15 min.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's almost like launch day :3:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Queue's are a great thing :) They'll sort it out. Great thing about rift is free weekly transfers, so you can always start out somewhere else if you are desperate to play and then transfer to goons when derpwood opens up.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

mr. nobody posted:

drat queues, let me play! Too many patrons I guess, even that queue is 15 min.

~10 minute patron wait for me now. Sounds stupid but the first thing I want to do is go to the first porticulum Defiants have access to and greet all the people pouring out of the Future. It'll be like launch again :unsmith:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Eltoasto posted:

Queue's are a great thing :) They'll sort it out. Great thing about rift is free weekly transfers, so you can always start out somewhere else if you are desperate to play and then transfer to goons when derpwood opens up.

It still makes me sad :( I mean, I'm super excited for new people. I just don't think I expected THIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I wonder what the wait time is for non-patrons.

• Locked thread