Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

hobbesmaster posted:

You have to be online at the same time or else it gives the "does not exist" error.

That's not true; you can definitely add people who are not currently online. :v:

Stan S. Stanman posted:

2.2 patch notes are out. All cartel packs are going away it seems ("embargoed"). Im trying to decide if its worth it to pick some up tonight and resell after the patch.

Just the "Cartel" packs and not the newer "Contraband" packs and they can bring them back "At anytime they wish". New pack looks neat though.

e: That sniper rifle with double pumps looks hilarious though.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I want a bunch of those purple/light purple dye modules now.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Catsworth posted:

Just the "Cartel" packs and not the newer "Contraband" packs and they can bring them back "At anytime they wish". New pack looks neat though.

That's not true; you can definitely add people who are not currently online. :v:

Do embargo items usually go up in price? I have a black cartel pack I was going to sell for a newbie credit boost, but I may hold off if its going to be worth more soon.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

JayJay posted:

Do embargo items usually go up in price? I have a black cartel pack I was going to sell for a newbie credit boost, but I may hold off if its going to be worth more soon.

If there's anything in it that people want, from experience in STO, then yes the price will raise.

Trick is to figure out if anyone wants the stuff, and also how long it has been out. If Bioware was smart, they'd put a new pack up each month, and take the old one down after the month was up. It'd get more people buying packs (because they have to get them that month!) and would make them worth more after the month for people to resell.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

KittyEmpress posted:

If there's anything in it that people want, from experience in STO, then yes the price will raise.

Trick is to figure out if anyone wants the stuff, and also how long it has been out. If Bioware was smart, they'd put a new pack up each month, and take the old one down after the month was up. It'd get more people buying packs (because they have to get them that month!) and would make them worth more after the month for people to resell.

Thanks! Seeing as I have only 50k credits to my name, I think ill just try and sell it off low (though 250k credits seems like a lot!). I bought it with my subscriber cartel points to pawn off for inventory/cargo space. Now i'm wondering if I should buy a few more to invest in with the rest of my points.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think the best thing to do would be watch the week or so after the packs get removed and see if the prices go up, and if they do wait until the announce that another pack is being removed from the Market, and buy those ones. It'll take longer, but it will let you confirm at least.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

JayJay posted:

Thanks! Seeing as I have only 50k credits to my name, I think ill just try and sell it off low (though 250k credits seems like a lot!). I bought it with my subscriber cartel points to pawn off for inventory/cargo space. Now i'm wondering if I should buy a few more to invest in with the rest of my points.

I bought a Skip Tracer pack a few days ago and once the bound timer expired checked the market; there weren't any up at the time but most of the other packs were going for 225-400k, so I listed it at 450k. Less than an hour later it sold.

I bought a few more packs to sell after they get removed today. :yarr:

e: New mint green crystal is sexy as hell, might need one of those instead of the silver-blue I've been salivating over.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone had any luck Reverse Engineering the mods/armorings from HM level 55 flashpoints? I think I've stripped the armorings from 10 pieces and sent them to my Cybertech via legacy gear...it says 20% chance of learning a schematic, but no luck so far. I'm starting to wonder if it's bugged and a) She can't learn it because she's only level 54 or b) you can't RE slot specific armorings.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Anyone had any luck Reverse Engineering the mods/armorings from HM level 55 flashpoints? I think I've stripped the armorings from 10 pieces and sent them to my Cybertech via legacy gear...it says 20% chance of learning a schematic, but no luck so far. I'm starting to wonder if it's bugged and a) She can't learn it because she's only level 54 or b) you can't RE slot specific armorings.

Are those the 28s? Yeah, they can be reverse engineered. Everything up to 30 can be RE'd I think, and even further when the next patch hits I believe.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Are those the 28s? Yeah, they can be reverse engineered. Everything up to 30 can be RE'd I think, and even further when the next patch hits I believe.

No, they're the 30s (rank 69). 28s can be RE'd with the vendor schematics.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

No, they're the 30s (rank 69). 28s can be RE'd with the vendor schematics.

You can RE 30s (69). 72s are REable in the next patch. I have definitely learnt some 30 armorings on my Cybertech, so it's not bugged text.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You can RE 30s (69). 72s are REable in the next patch. I have definitely learnt some 30 armorings on my Cybertech, so it's not bugged text.

K so I'm just having rotten luck.

What's the components like? Molecular Stabilizers still? I keep getting pieces with my Assassin that have decent mods, but the armorings are Resolve instead of Force Wielder so I've been sending the armorings to my Cybertech to try and RE.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

K so I'm just having rotten luck.

What's the components like? Molecular Stabilizers still? I keep getting pieces with my Assassin that have decent mods, but the armorings are Resolve instead of Force Wielder so I've been sending the armorings to my Cybertech to try and RE.

Nope, molecular stabs are now pretty much worthless. It's a new, much rarer crafting material you need. Mass Manipulation Generator or something, I think?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

If I buy a 'Server Character Slot' item off the GTN would that allow my Preferred Status account to create a fifth "active" character or is it mainly just for increasing the character cap for subscribers?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I totally love the new pistol, assault gun and sniper. Having never actually bought these crates, how much chance do you have of actually finding poo poo that is worth it ? I don't want to waste the cartel coins on these things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

I totally love the new pistol, assault gun and sniper. Having never actually bought these crates, how much chance do you have of actually finding poo poo that is worth it ? I don't want to waste the cartel coins on these things.

If you want a weapon, wait. They're usually super common and cheap.

The only ones that ever seem to be rare are some lightsabers.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

It depends on the rarity of the item. If you look at them in the collections area, they're usually listed as a rare, super rare, or ultra rare item in the description. Some items seem to drop all the time. I have more bunker busters and sniper rifles than I know what to do with. I opened a hypercrate and got mostly junk with a couple of decent items. And now I'm being indecisive about if i use them or sell them. I have a cathar honor sword, a cartel decedant skiff, some aratach speeder, a couple emotes that list for a ridiculous amount, and a few other things of value. I can't decide if I want to keep them for myself because they seem to be rare, or sell them for a bunch of creds I'm not sure I even have a use for.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Stan S. Stanman posted:

It depends on the rarity of the item. If you look at them in the collections area, they're usually listed as a rare, super rare, or ultra rare item in the description. Some items seem to drop all the time. I have more bunker busters and sniper rifles than I know what to do with. I opened a hypercrate and got mostly junk with a couple of decent items. And now I'm being indecisive about if i use them or sell them. I have a cathar honor sword, a cartel decedant skiff, some aratach speeder, a couple emotes that list for a ridiculous amount, and a few other things of value. I can't decide if I want to keep them for myself because they seem to be rare, or sell them for a bunch of creds I'm not sure I even have a use for.

Though I guess if you sell them you could use that bunch of creds to buy another rare thing that you'd actually like to have !

Aphrodite posted:

If you want a weapon, wait. They're usually super common and cheap.

The only ones that ever seem to be rare are some lightsabers.

That's a good point seeing how many cheap oranges you can find in the GTN. Guess I'll just look it up and hope they are pretty common.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

If I buy a 'Server Character Slot' item off the GTN would that allow my Preferred Status account to create a fifth "active" character or is it mainly just for increasing the character cap for subscribers?

Yes, you can. A char slot means one more character you can concurrently play, whether by increasing the active limit or increasing the number of total chars.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Concealment Op is not only totally viable, but I feel spoiled when I try to play any other spec/class. It is the single target, "wait, the mob can attack?" king. H2s are a joke, and if an H4 involves grabbing/destroying objects or involves bots/humans, I will sit there at the keyboard cackling because it feels like cheating. Then you Sleep Dart a champion guarding a chest and make off with the loot. It's the only class where I feel comfortable running with a DPS comp and only have to heal if I get lazy.

That said, it's slower. I line up pulls, I get through packs by CCing most of them and stabbing them one at a time. It's not like my Jugg where I'll be tapping keys after a Smash only to realize all the mobs are dead. Also, Hidden Strike needs to be proc-able outside of Stealth because my DPS in groups is kinda crap. And PvP? I'll only kill someone if I get off two rotations. But that's not my job. My job is to get the entire team chasing after me after I Incapacitate their healer and Flash Grenade a pack of Sentinels only to vanish while someone else is capping.
At level 40 you can start running 22/13/0 where you basically just have a HoT up to grant TAs (of which you can have 3 with this spec) and just keep chaining stabs and lacerates. In between pulls you can use your energy-free surgical probes to patch up any damage while you run to the next pack. In combat you just keep on stabbing. It pretty much eliminates any downtime or requiring any finesse on anything that is not a Heroic.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

GhostBoy posted:

Yes, you can. A char slot means one more character you can concurrently play, whether by increasing the active limit or increasing the number of total chars.

Preferred should have 6 slots anyway, I believe.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Ughh, days like today make me wish they had gone the CoH route with TOR instead, and just have an hour of downtime at like 5am every day, instead of the occasional feels-like-all-day ones. :emo:

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
So, what sort of population is the goon guild seeing usually? I'm curious about the effect of f2p in regards to that.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Mr. Torrance posted:

So, what sort of population is the goon guild seeing usually? I'm curious about the effect of f2p in regards to that.

TNG is pretty empty on EU times when I play :smith:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mr. Torrance posted:

Usually around 8-12 online during EST primetime. Sometimes a bit higher.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I believe I have just conceived one of the very worst ideas one could possibly have with respect to SWTOR, or life in general. Here's the pitch:

Make a character on an RP server named "Helen-Keldor" or something similar, as long as it's a terrible pun and relates to the character in some fashion. Role-play this character as if they are a deaf-mute simpleton. As a result of being a deaf-mute simpleton, your character is unable to communicate in any meaningful fashion with anyone. Missions, then, are out of the question; the only thing your character can do is murder random mobs with wild abandon. You do this on your starting planet until you stop gaining XP, all the while refraining from responding to any other player's verbal addresses unless they're in visual range (your character can't hear them, remember), and then only by emitting unintelligible groans and/or screams. Once you outlevel your starting planet's enemies, you either continue to hang around while annoying everyone with your character's incessant shouting - it's boring when there's no good fights to be had, after all - or start doing war zones until you somehow manage to reach level 50/55 or get banned or whatever.

What do you think?

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Sombrerotron posted:

A very long con

That would require A LOT of self-loathing.

So my first attempts at mass market manipulation is not going so well. Retarded Pubbies have managed to un-corner my hold on the Phobium market...10 of them undercut each other until the price dropped 60%. I can't work like this! All over, it's like, "That guy's selling for 80K? Better cut 20K off my price."

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!
I finished my Juggernaut to 55 earlier this week and as luck would have it 2 of my old guild mates have decided to re-sub and give the game another chance as well.

As it stands our group is composed of;

55 Juggernaut
53 Sorcerer (Healing Spec)
52 Marauder
53 Sorcerer (Lightning Spec)

We ran Lost Island on Story Mode last night for the first time just to see some new FP content and it was fairly smooth sailing despite how rusty we all were. Our intention is to run mostly Makeb story/daily/bonus missions until everyone hits 55. This shouldn't take long as everyone is a subscriber with full rested EXP and using EXP boosters.

I was hoping people here could recommend some Hard Mode FP's to run to help us gear up at 55 (or really any missions etc to do to help hurry along the gear up process). I think our group is pretty well balanced to handle most 4 man content, having a dedicated Tank and Healer and two very good DPS characters in the Marauder and Sorc being played by competent players.

Any advice is appreciated as I am really out of the loop on the current PvE state of affairs in the game (I in fact thought Black Hole was an easy to find FP, only to end up running around with 6 Daily Missions in what seemed to be just a new zone/area on Corellia ... bloops).

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

DJDace posted:

I was hoping people here could recommend some Hard Mode FP's to run to help us gear up at 55 (or really any missions etc to do to help hurry along the gear up process).
Just group finder queue for 55 HM FPs when you're all on. That will get you (Bad) 69 level armorings, mods, and enhancements.

Once everyone is mostly in bad 69s you can start queueing with the four of you for story mode raids in the group finder. After you've started picking up set pieces you can start looking for a guild to do hard mode raids with if that's your thing. (Or nightmare when it comes out.)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DJDace posted:

I finished my Juggernaut to 55 earlier this week and as luck would have it 2 of my old guild mates have decided to re-sub and give the game another chance as well.

As it stands our group is composed of;

55 Juggernaut
53 Sorcerer (Healing Spec)
52 Marauder
53 Sorcerer (Lightning Spec)

We ran Lost Island on Story Mode last night for the first time just to see some new FP content and it was fairly smooth sailing despite how rusty we all were. Our intention is to run mostly Makeb story/daily/bonus missions until everyone hits 55. This shouldn't take long as everyone is a subscriber with full rested EXP and using EXP boosters.

I was hoping people here could recommend some Hard Mode FP's to run to help us gear up at 55 (or really any missions etc to do to help hurry along the gear up process). I think our group is pretty well balanced to handle most 4 man content, having a dedicated Tank and Healer and two very good DPS characters in the Marauder and Sorc being played by competent players.

Any advice is appreciated as I am really out of the loop on the current PvE state of affairs in the game (I in fact thought Black Hole was an easy to find FP, only to end up running around with 6 Daily Missions in what seemed to be just a new zone/area on Corellia ... bloops).

Which server are you on?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So I just got back into the game for the first time since a couple of months after launch.
Where can I find a good spec to be a DPS Vanguard?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
:suicide:

I hate the look of the Assault Cannon, but I like the animations it has/skillset of Commando.

I hate the animations of the Vanguard, but prefer tanking.

I plan to go rear end in a top hat Trooper next, a man who will do his missions the way Garza orders, and is totally down with gassing/executing Imperials whenever the option comes up. So I figure Elara and Aric will hate me, but 4X and Tanno will love me. So I guess companionwise I should go Commando?

If you go DPS Vanguard, do you shoot things at range, or is it still hitting them in the face with your gun/fists?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Eltoasto posted:

I think just the first batch of packs are going away. Anyways, here is the stuff in the new packs:
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130611

That assault cannon is pretty sweet.

Ahhhh Calo Nord's armor! I know what my BH is getting!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

wtftastic posted:

Ahhhh Calo Nord's armor! I know what my BH is getting!

I don't like the armor but I love the throwback. There is one part in the early BH missions were you get another throwback in that you can actually do the count down thing Calo does the first time you see him.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Fathis Munk posted:

I don't like the armor but I love the throwback. There is one part in the early BH missions were you get another throwback in that you can actually do the count down thing Calo does the first time you see him.

Its mostly that nostalgia factor. I really also like the powder blue and white armor the real Mandos wear in the early BH quests. I want that and I want to dye it purple.

I will be glorious.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
My only regret is that I didn't finish collecting the troublemaker armor like I had planned. Now it's way expensive. Ah well.

The assault cannon is the only thing I want out of these packs as well. Looks like I will save some real life moneys by not wanting to play space dress up barbie for a while.

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Just group finder queue for 55 HM FPs when you're all on. That will get you (Bad) 69 level armorings, mods, and enhancements.

Once everyone is mostly in bad 69s you can start queueing with the four of you for story mode raids in the group finder. After you've started picking up set pieces you can start looking for a guild to do hard mode raids with if that's your thing. (Or nightmare when it comes out.)

Thanks Quaint, we'll run the standard gauntlet of Hard Modes then and just start patching together (69) level gear here and there. Right now most of my stuff is (58) with a few (61)'s and my saber one I built with Artifice and filled with (66)'s off the GTN.

We are on Bergeren Colony Medullah. I've already tossed guild invites to a couple of other Goon's who are residents of the server. Depending on how things play out I may look into a server transfer to Jedi Covenant to roll us up into TNG. We'll see how it goes.

My Juggernauts name is Draede.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Givin posted:

My only regret is that I didn't finish collecting the troublemaker armor like I had planned. Now it's way expensive. Ah well.

The assault cannon is the only thing I want out of these packs as well. Looks like I will save some real life moneys by not wanting to play space dress up barbie for a while.

Vice Comms is still in the store. Troublemakers is just normally super expensive. I do a check when I log in and out every day, and it can fluctuate from 750k to 2 mil in under an hour on the Duster.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

So when I started my Sage I decided I was going to grab Bioanalysis/Scavenging/Slicing and simply gather ccrap to sell instead of taking an actual crafting skill to sink money into.

Now maybe it's because I'm only on Taris, so only gathering tier 1 and 2 stuff, but all of it seems to sell for poo poo on the GTN. Do later tiers of crafting mats go for a decent amount? Because if not, I can be doing Synthweaving or Artificing or something to actively make my stats better instead...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Rookersh posted:

If you go DPS Vanguard, do you shoot things at range, or is it still hitting them in the face with your gun/fists?

Vanguard DPS is mid-melee range. The mid part actually comes in very handy on some fights, but in general you should always be within 10m of the target and often you want to be within 4m.

• Locked thread