Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Zutaten posted:

Seriously guys. I said it before and I'll say it again now. Thank you for being the only sane place on the entire internet to discuss homestuck. Really. I appreciate it.

See you on the other side.

Quoting this for utter truth. This is the only online Homestuck discussion I'm willing to read, so thanks guys, it's been a great ride. See you on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Man, I finally get a chance to use some of the leave I've saved up over the years and a hiatus happens? I guess I'll... I dunno, play Earthbound or something in the meantime...

Thanks to everybody in this thread for providing Homestuck chat that doesn't make me want to cry in a closet somewhere.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Checking off one webcomic that I won't have to check for a while. See you guys later!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition: I Waited Six Months for an Update and all I got was This Lousy Thread

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Hey guys before we go, my best friend's birthday was on 4/13 so I sent him this note with his present, thought you might get a kick out of it:

(If anyone's wondering, the game was Rhythm Heaven Fever)

Okay, bye guys, see you all in several months, or more realistically in the other webcomic-related threads we pretty much all post in.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Hey everyone do you want to see my new AU its called Greco-Persian Warstuck...

:getin:

I do. :)

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
It turns out that there was an anime convention held at my university yesterday. Yes, on 4/13, or as we civilised people call it, 13/4. I've never met another Homestuck in real life so I was curious. Surely, if local homestucks were gonna be obviously identifiable, anywhere it would be at an anime convention in the 13th of April, right?

Obviously, I didn't go. For one thing I didn't even hear about this thing happening until yesterday and I was working, but I am friends with a few people who did, and I saw them out last night. So, just off the dancefloor I ask them;

"Hey Andy, Robin, when you were at Doj-con, there were people cosplaying right? Well, did any dress up with grey facepaint and these weird orangey horn things on their heads?"

"Yes! there were loads of them! What are they from I thought it was some Adventure Time thing or something."

So, the Homestucks have taken over here too. :scotland:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fortis posted:

Hey guys before we go, my best friend's birthday was on 4/13 so I sent him this note with his present, thought you might get a kick out of it:

Okay, bye guys, see you all in several months, or more realistically in the other webcomic-related threads we pretty much all post in.
Should have sent him "IF YOU ARE READING THIS NOTE, IT MEANS YOU HAVE TURNED 28 YEARS OLD. YOU ARE TRULY A FULLY GROWN MAN. I AM SO, SO PROUD OF YOU."

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I guess I'm going to have to actually go outside for a change.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hey guys, so me and my other Squidsona buddy were reading some fanfic, which caused me to develop a theory about how Vriska's actions throughout the comic are redeemable if you take it in the context of a post-femminist horseshoe-heart-star relationship with Tavros and to a lesser extent John. I have some slightly NSFW self-insert, head-canon, fanart that illustrates my point nicely brb let me find it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Prison Warden posted:

It turns out that there was an anime convention held at my university yesterday. Yes, on 4/13, or as we civilised people call it, 13/4. I've never met another Homestuck in real life so I was curious. Surely, if local homestucks were gonna be obviously identifiable, anywhere it would be at an anime convention in the 13th of April, right?

Obviously, I didn't go. For one thing I didn't even hear about this thing happening until yesterday and I was working, but I am friends with a few people who did, and I saw them out last night. So, just off the dancefloor I ask them;

"Hey Andy, Robin, when you were at Doj-con, there were people cosplaying right? Well, did any dress up with grey facepaint and these weird orangey horn things on their heads?"

"Yes! there were loads of them! What are they from I thought it was some Adventure Time thing or something."

So, the Homestucks have taken over here too. :scotland:

Now I'm imagining Caliborn as a petulant Scottish child.

Anyway, gonna go make a fantroll and go RP in chat rooms, see you all on the other side.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Fucknag posted:

You didn't already?

Seriously, the Cherubs practically radiate British Isles.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Fucknag posted:

Anyway, gonna go make a fantroll and go RP in chat rooms, see you all on the other side.

You mean you didn't have one already? I kept mine mounted in a glass case with a "IN CASE OF HIATUS, BREAK GLASS" label attached.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think I will spend the hiatus either trying to make some sort of physical homestuck item replica, or try to become the Jane Goodall of tumblr. It's such a loving weird service that I only know about because of Homestuck.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Just a casual reminder that if pesterchum isn't crazy enough for you, there is always msparp.com!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Later, thread. Time to catch up on all my reading.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Fortis posted:

Thats really sweet.

Bye, thread, its been a blast lurking here. :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I've actually been thinking of working on a Homestuck story of my own, but all things considered there still isn't enough info to work with it, since it's very heavy into the mechanics(and abusal of such) and mechanics speculation is never good.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I didn't start reading until well into Act 6, so this would be my first big hiatus. This should be fun.

I also didn't talk a lot here, but I did lurk, and it was nice seeing other people react to the same new stuff I was reading. I might do another read through soon because I blocked out a lot of information on my first run, having crammed it all in less than a week. See you all later!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
At first I was gonna ask if closing down the thread was really a good idea, since this is the one sane place to talk about Homestuck and while the comic itself won't be updating for a while, updates on the albums or news on the game or whatever else will be happening.

But then I read the last few pages and honestly, you're all just as bad if not worse than every other Homestuck fan out there. :v:

See ya'll in September or so.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey I found the Homestuck game! :p

Just kidding, but when I saw this I thought it was influenced by Homestuck. In truth, the similarities probably come just from both being derivative of Earthbound, and having "Burb" in the title and completely gratuitous Ghostbuster references is probably just a coincidence.

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

Dorroile posted:

Personally i've been thinking of trying my hand at making some fan music of my own.

I for one will eagerly await a new bubstep mix of 'Aquasex Renegade'.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

MSPaintFanAdventures is intended to be a collaborative website. It serves the purpose of giving all the readers and authors at the MSPA FA forums an easy way to put their stories online with a somewhat agreeable (and 'canon') layout.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Well, this is a good opportunity for my dad to catch up.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Over 1000 pages. It's been a good run. See you in several months.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Well that was a thing. See you in two days for another closure. Bye.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Homestuck is dead. Everyone go home, this is it.

E: Also there's a dummy (?) page over here that's listed as 4/14/13.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT6.php?s=6&p=011111

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
God I missed this loving comic. :allears:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

This update made me laugh. I don't really have any speculation to make.

I will say that it is extra-funny if you've been reading liveblogs.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

"Hold for applause."

I love you, Caliborn. :allears:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bobulus posted:

This update made me laugh. I don't really have any speculation to make.

I will say that it is extra-funny if you've been reading liveblogs.

Why do you say that? For the people (like me) who haven't.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I'm guessing Hussie had a lot of fun with the flash, knowing that most people would be compelled to watch to the end in case something unexpected happened.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Well that only took a whole minute.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

This is beautiful. Life is beautiful. :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Caliborn is so loving great.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I missed you, too, Homestuck. :allears:

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
This is all incredibly stupid in a weirdly ingenious kind of way, which is to say it's exactly what it should be.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

pandaK posted:

Why do you say that? For the people (like me) who haven't.

Most obvious is how every liveblogger flips their poo poo about John leaving the house, thus defeating the idea of him being "home stuck" That, and the commentary is pretty much point for point how people unfamiliar with adventure games can be confused by the narrative style.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I have to admit, Caliborn is growing on me. And of course, Homestuck returns on a significant date- 6/12, Karkat's approximate wriggling day, among other bits of significance all through the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Next update is 10/25 get ready