Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Rejected Fate posted:

Ohhhhh, they're the ones you can't play! I think? They're Greater Poland when I tracked their family tree in-game and I remember you can't play Greater Poland at the start date.

Man, I've just been thinking they spawn randomly. They always seem to crop up in random places at random times. Huh.

Yeah, Greater Poland is where they start. Also, Greater Poland is playable (I know since I just started a game as it) but there was a weird bug where it would sometimes appear as an unplayable republic at the 867 start date. I think the patch might have fixed that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Varam posted:

Yeah, Greater Poland is where they start. Also, Greater Poland is playable (I know since I just started a game as it) but there was a weird bug where it would sometimes appear as an unplayable republic at the 867 start date. I think the patch might have fixed that, though.

Aw man I wish I started as them now.

I kinda like my dudes though. Maybe another game.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope they add Judaism in a future DLC. I really want to conquer the Holy Land as a Khazar khan and declare myself Messiah. Which should obviously make the Christians a bit cross.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Oh dear. The Cumans have reformed the Tengri faith.

The King of Hungary is currently Old Tengri. Is he must more likely to join the new Tengri faith that a branch of Christianity? Also what happens when Mongols come?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Strudel Man posted:

No. Concubines are only for men.

This would be a good thing for the Girl Power! mod to fix, if the creator is reading this!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I hope they add Judaism in a future DLC. I really want to conquer the Holy Land as a Khazar khan and declare myself Messiah. Which should obviously make the Christians a bit cross.

Ugh.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I've always started as independent dukes and now I want to try starting maybe as a count or duke who is part of a kingdom.

What kind of things do I need to be aware of when I am not the head poo poo in charge?

Jannu
Dec 24, 2012

Captain Beans posted:

I've always started as independent dukes and now I want to try starting maybe as a count or duke who is part of a kingdom.

What kind of things do I need to be aware of when I am not the head poo poo in charge?

I would say the most important thing is crown law as it will determine how you will be expanding your empire. Low crown authority means you can expand internally which is nice.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

PleasingFungus posted:

This would be a good thing for the Girl Power! mod to fix, if the creator is reading this!

... unfortunately it's hardcoded, so I can't fix it!

Mr. Safe
Apr 18, 2009
Well crap. The latest patch just brought my retinue cap as Gotland from 53k down to a laughable 20k...

Not before I formed the Most Serene Republic of Lithuania, though. I was really looking forward to becoming Napoleon of the 12th century.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Whats the point of retinues?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

LowellDND posted:

They are an army that is always ready to go with the troop types you want. Once you get them to the several thousand range, you can fight a good percentage of your battles with them exclusively, and never have to raise levies. Plus, they should correspond to whatever culture-specific building you have, so you can get extra bonuses for them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

LowellDND posted:

Yeah, never really saw the point of creating a powerful standing army to your own specification.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LowellDND posted:

Standing armies to crush rebellions, help with succession wars, constantly raiding if you are pagan, and added bonus to troop count when fighting wars.

Also to help gently caress up the invasion IE Mongols and Aztecs.

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004
Anyone else having problems with crashing after updating the GoT mod?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

dopaMEAN posted:

Doesn't work for the brand new patch.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

LowellDND posted:

If you fight your wars with only levies and mercenaries, you can declare war on pop-up targets (vassals rebelling against their liege, say) at any time, since you never raise your levies. It also avoids the problem of vassals getting pissed that you're using their levies.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

dopaMEAN posted:

Are you using the new Beta patch? GoT probably isn't updated for that, even if it's updated for TOG.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Beta Patch is now standard.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Beta Patch is now standard.

Ah, well, that solves that then.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

If you have Windows 7, you can right click your CK2 folder in the steamapps/common folder, go to properties, and then load a previous version from before the patch went live.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Aaaaaaahhhhh, so many prisoners and you can't even ransom most of them. :argh:

Edit: No republics for Zoroastrians either. :(

NihilVerumNisiMors fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jun 13, 2013

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Oh god both the king of Rus and Ruthenia are Reformed Tengri.

It is truly the religion of the east :psyduck:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Aaaaaaahhhhh, so many prisoners and you can't even ransom most of them. :argh:

Edit: No republics for Zoroastrians either. :(

Can't you just make your own?

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
I did, and the duke is called Grand Mayor but it's not actually a republic. It's like pre-Republic DLC times.

Glass Hand
Apr 24, 2006

Just one more finger, Trent.
What's that? There's an antipope now?

Aw, how heretical adorable, he thinks he's Pope.

...Wait, in Roma?

So the Pope knocked up some random lowborn woman in his court, and died six days before the child was born - who, upon birth, immediately became an antipope (and took his father's Pope name, no less). Lil' Greg VI has, since then - for 14 years now - been chilling out at the Pope's court, whilst still an antipope. Although the (real) Pope hates him, he's done absolutely nothing about it, and we Catholics are just making do with -20% to authority until, presumably, Greg happens to die.

I can only imagine what the situation is like in Rome. Maybe I'll do them all a favor and invite him to my court - Lord knows his fellow Pope won't be pressing his claims.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
I'm the Fylkir of the reformed Norse faith, but I can't send my seer to convert unreformed pagans. :(

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I have the most hilariously unlucky/lucky daughter in my court here.

She's 19 years old, and has already outlived 6 husbands. 3 who fell in battle, 2 that died to illness, and one that died in a "suspicious accident" less than a week after she arrived.
Too bad her stats are absolute crap.

Edit: Is there anything I can use her for? Having a close relative at more than a thousand prestige should be good for something, right?

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

:getin:

This is like a Kwisatz Haderach thing now that I think about it.

NihilVerumNisiMors fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 13, 2013

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
I diplomacy of 6. He... cries persuasively? Can't figure out the martial or the stewardship though.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Nevermind, I managed to fix my own problem, and I'm pretty sure what causes it. Note: Never give away a county that you've just revoke through intrigue before you get the Intrigue Successful pop-up. Pretty sure that bugs it out. I fixed it by revoking the county. Luckily, it was a free revoke because the guy had "bahaved dishonorably towards me". Hate it when they're vague like that, like when you've got an imprison thing up for years and it won't tell you why.

Guess he was screwing my daughter on the sly or something.

In other news, the Jorvik start is pretty drat fun. Already formed the British Empire by 956--now I'm gearing up to be even more of an rear end in a top hat to the whole of Europe after sacking Rome, Venice, and Constantinople on an almost seasonal cycle. It's like a viking vacation.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Rurik posted:

I diplomacy of 6. He... cries persuasively? Can't figure out the martial or the stewardship though.

Do you have any idea how hard babies can grip fingers? drat.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

I did, and the duke is called Grand Mayor but it's not actually a republic. It's like pre-Republic DLC times.

Did you make the republic on the "coast" of Persia, either at the Caspian, the Gulf, or Indian Ocean? Because in vanilla those aren't actually coasts as the seas are not navigable (the caspian being navigable by the norse doesn't count).

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Right, it's on the Caspian coast. drat.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Rurik posted:

Do you have any idea how hard babies can grip fingers? drat.

and he's got a voice loud enough to command whole armies. Stewardship is also explained by grabbing everything within reach and never giving anything away.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Rurik posted:

I'm the Fylkir of the reformed Norse faith, but I can't send my seer to convert unreformed pagans. :(
Yeah, it's hardcoded or something, who can send out preachers and to where. Sucks.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Can't you force convert prisoners from another realm? I really wanna convert all the Muslims I capture and then set them free.

Rejected Fate posted:

Oh god both the king of Rus and Ruthenia are Reformed Tengri.

It is truly the religion of the east :psyduck:

In my game both the Ilkhanate and the Golden Horde are Reformed Tengri which means they won't even collapse due to decadence :negative:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Dang, the game auto patched and now I can't play my mods :smith:

I also really wish Gavelkind would get fixed, it's 100% more annoying in CK2+ because Wiz enforced gavelkind on unreformed pagans.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

rt4 posted:

Is anyone else here playing on Linux? Since the update to 1.10.1, the game has suddenly become unplayably choppy.

I haven't noticed any new choppiness, just the usual amount from running on btrfs.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

it's 100% more annoying in CK2+ because Wiz enforced gavelkind on unreformed pagans.

It's like this in Vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Caufman posted:

It's like this in Vanilla.

No, you could get tanistry as an Irish ruler or ultimogeniture as a Mongol.

• Locked thread