Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I've never heard of an Australian cricketer standing up to bigotry...except Ian Chappell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Quanta posted:

I've never heard of an Australian cricketer standing up to bigotry...except Ian Chappell.

You call that racism!? *BIFF*

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

in what idiot kingdom is making fun of someone's beard racist

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thehappyprince posted:

Well on its own obviously nothing. My assumption was that he was jumping around talking about being a terrorist. Pure speculation though of course.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
I imagine he was just making fun of Amla's head looking upside down, because that's the easiest joke there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thehappyprince posted:

white public school boy mocks muslim mans beard. Papers take it from there.

Considering they havent I assume David Warner is just a prick.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

serious gaylord posted:

Warner being a prick has never been in any doubt.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Was it Warner who was drunk on twitter not long ago?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Does the no result mean Australia drops out at the group stage?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

gay picnic defence posted:

They both get a point so its looking highly unlikely that Australia can progress.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

everyone's gonna do a lol at australia it's gonna be great

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

gay picnic defence posted:

If England and Australia both beat Sri Lanka then Australia can progress with a better NRR than NZ, I think.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's fine, England will lose to NZ again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have they got any reserve days in this tournament, or is the coming few days of rain just going to gently caress it all right up?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

yeah although just an fyi Root went to a comprehensive. A comp in the poshest part of Sheffield (that's not saying much etc etc), but a comp nonetheless.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
David Warner was simply expressing his quintessentially Australian distaste for racism by knocking it out of the simple British savage.

We Aussies are a pretty knockabout lot, but if you get racist in our company you are gonna hear about it

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

and if you ask any aboriginal australians they'll tell you exactly that

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Terra Nullius :smug:

Drugs fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 13, 2013

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

This whole Hasim Amla angle is hilarious. It's a whole lot more likely that Warner was so drunk he thought Root was indeed Amla and decided to punch him in the face for being muslim.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was a green and gold wig. Even Warner isn't that stupid. Apparently root was just pretending that he has the ability to grow facial hair.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Warner has been suspended up until the first test and fined $11,500. Which means he's not playing the tour games before the first test, so I can't see him playing in the first test. It actually seems really dumb because if he played in any of the tests, he'd be coming in with very little experience in English conditions. Why not send him home and bring in a batsman that can play the tour games?

Centusin fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 13, 2013

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Because Chris Rogers is already there. He must be feeling pretty happy about all this.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
But if a couple of batsman get injured then they will need him to come in to the team. A player that has been in poo poo form and hasn't been allowed to play isn't worth keeping around as a reserve batsman, yet that's what they've decided to do.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Don't usually have a lot of time for Richard Hinds, but it's pretty hard to disagree with his assessment of Warner:

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/brain-snap-is-just-symptom-of-players-wider-malaise-20130613-2o5po.html

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Scylo posted:

But if a couple of batsman get injured then they will need him to come in to the team. A player that has been in poo poo form and hasn't been allowed to play isn't worth keeping around as a reserve batsman, yet that's what they've decided to do.

Any fringe players they could call on are already playing some kind of county cricket.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Looks like a low scoring pitch, batsmen struggling to time it, and Cook and Trott are in. Brace yourselves lads.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
That was one of the worst reviews I have seen.

Also Trott is operating at an 80+ SR. :siren:

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Idiotic by Cook. Save your review for Malinga at the end, New Zealand nearly learned the hard way.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He can when he wants to. Maybe he'll even hit a six today!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

Maybe he'll even hit a six today!

Trott will not hit a six ever.

EDIT: Trott has hit 3 sixes in 61 ODIs and 0 sixes in 43 tests. Glenn McGrath has hit more test sixes.

RideTheSpiral fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 13, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, maybe Morgan will just go berko and start charging Malinga.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

That's Billy Bowden being poo poo again, and me being right again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Right, they're not going to score many more now, so is the pitch doing enough to defend 250?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

Right, they're not going to score many more now, so is the pitch doing enough to defend 250?

Probably considering Sri Lanka can't bat.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

gif of bowden chasing his hat and falling over please

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
Pity about the fifth ball, Ravinder old chap. I'm sure you'll get him next time.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Wow, Ravi didn't promise lots only to throw his wicket away for once. That last bowler (Eranga?) has one seriously dodgy action on his slower ball.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RAVI BOPS! that is all.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's about 30 more runs than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

While I'd be glad to see the back of him in this match, watching Sangakkara bat is an enjoyable pastime.

• Locked thread