Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
As a reminder, trions technology for their servers is really good. For them to open new servers or add space isn't as hard as some other mmos and takes relatively low time if they want to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Farmyard Agency posted:

I wonder what the wait time is for non-patrons.

2 hours give or take.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I bet it'll drop off quick; this is day 1 of f2p after all.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Magus42 posted:

I bet it'll drop off quick; this is day 1 of f2p after all.

Yeah I have a feeling it will. I suppose right now its just a buttload of people trying it out again or for the first time since its f2p.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Bonapartisan posted:

Yeah I have a feeling it will. I suppose right now its just a buttload of people trying it out again or for the first time since its f2p.

If your first experience with a game you haven't played or haven't played in a while is a screen that says "sorry wait 2 hours thanks", it's a negative first experience. Even if it means so many people are playing that they have to stagger logins, that's not how I feel staring at a queue screen.

edit: it's not 2 hours for me, and I'm gonna just take the night off and make some cookies and watch a movie instead, there's just that side of it that maybe isn't being thought about

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 13, 2013

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mr. nobody posted:

If your first experience with a game you haven't played or haven't played in a while is a screen that says "sorry wait 2 hours thanks", it's a negative first experience. Even if it means so many people are playing that they have to stagger logins, that's not how I feel staring at a queue screen.

edit: it's not 2 hours for me, and I'm gonna just take the night off and make some cookies and watch a movie instead, there's just that side of it that maybe isn't being thought about

That's basically every person's experience for any MMO launch.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's kind of a double-edged sword. A queue signals that hey, the the game is getting a ton of people and you will have a lot of community. Fix that up in a day or two and everyone is happy, I don't think someone is going to get a queue on launch night and give up on the game. A queue 3 days after launch, yeah that signals that the dev team is unprepared.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
I'm tempted to leave my max level (at the time) Warrior alone and try out another calling, mostly because I got a little tired of not having to manage resources and just hitting one macro all the time with Riftblade, I could try Mage for Chloromancer or Rogue with...pretty much everything! Any reccomendations?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Krakatoah posted:

I'm tempted to leave my max level (at the time) Warrior alone and try out another calling, mostly because I got a little tired of not having to manage resources and just hitting one macro all the time with Riftblade, I could try Mage for Chloromancer or Rogue with...pretty much everything! Any reccomendations?

I'd recommend rogue since a mage leveling build with harbinger is going to feel a lot like a warrior.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I really liked this game way back, and the new F2P means this is better than a lot of the stuff I've been playing lately. Applying to the guild as DemonTrigger.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I'd recommend rogue since a mage leveling build with harbinger is going to feel a lot like a warrior.

Not that I'm gonna get any of the Storm Legion souls any time before next week (I'll be surprised if I end up eating my own words) so hopefully I can do well without needing any of them depending on the calling I choose.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Krakatoah posted:

Not that I'm gonna get any of the Storm Legion souls any time before next week (I'll be surprised if I end up eating my own words) so hopefully I can do well without needing any of them depending on the calling I choose.

Solo questing as a mage without harbinger will be rough post-50. Of course, IA's and pvp are the best leveling 10-50 and no need for harb for that. Rogue SL soul is fun for those groups but not necessary, and I don't think it's used for leveling at all (I leveled 50-60 as my rogue with nightblade, and loved it).

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

In as xutech, although I've got a bit to acclimatise to.

Dead Man's Ham
Dec 2, 2002
I have gotten 2 deeps's chests and nothing else in any of the warfront caches ive won today. Is this a me problem or an all F2P problem?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I still haven't gotten my free loyalty points. I know I only played for a couple of months, Trion, but don't forget about me. :(

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Solo questing as a mage without harbinger will be rough post-50. Of course, IA's and pvp are the best leveling 10-50 and no need for harb for that. Rogue SL soul is fun for those groups but not necessary, and I don't think it's used for leveling at all (I leveled 50-60 as my rogue with nightblade, and loved it).

I might go with Rogue, Riftstalker looks like fun with all the teleporting-tanky shenanigans I can pull off, alongside Saboteur for MORE EXPLOSIONS.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Vanderdeath posted:

I still haven't gotten my free loyalty points. I know I only played for a couple of months, Trion, but don't forget about me. :(

They're still working on it. That's priority 1 right now.

I think patrons are getting taken care of first, though, so we may be in for a wait.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
If you get stuck in the queue, quit the game and log back in. The server times out but it'll maintain your place in the queue. I shot from 202 with an hour and 50 minutes left to 48 with 22 minutes left.

Hopefully late-night queues will be shorter/non-existent. :I

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
Only 4 in queue for me. still lame. 12:09 est

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

quote:

I want to make sure people have the best experience possible. I know some are not getting /any/ experience right now. But I need to remind folks that any new shards we open must go into another cluster. This means that they wont have cross shard dungeons/pvp/etc. It is not currently technically possible to fit more shards into the existing clusters as I understand it. We are considering raising our existing server population caps - however we do not want to introduce to many potential problems. ~Daglar

I have a feeling they will raise some pop caps tomorrow.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Hey, if you have storm legion and try to make a character and can't choose the purpose with the storm legion soul in it, don't worry - it's bugged, you can still manually change to the soul once you are in game.

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010
In as Sopexite. I have completely forgotten how to play...

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Big surprise of the night: Some expert purples can now be upgraded. Expert trinkets get upgraded to trinkets with stats, so gently caress Ridge rep. Also there's a wand I wish I had.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
So is there a decent EU presence in this game still or?

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Bussamove posted:

This cash shop is pretty loving cool. Used some of my free sub credits to get a 150% speed mount...

Yeah, I was filled with glee when I saw I could get a 150% mount for a piddly amount of credits instead of paying 1000 plat for it.

Midrena fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 13, 2013

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Midrena posted:

Yeah, I was filled with glee when I saw I could get a 150% mount for a piddly amount of credits instead of paying 1000 plat for it.

That's been one of my favorite changes.

$0.27 for a 90% mount, $0.60 for a 110% mount? Yes please!

Now my 50 rogue actually has a 110 and my warrior/mage in their 20s have 90s :)

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

A Tartan Tory posted:

So is there a decent EU presence in this game still or?

Icewatch is an EU shard that is pretty much always filled, so i think that's a Yes!

You can also play on the US shards without a problem. Only thing you can't do is transfer toons from EU<->US.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

StumblyWumbly posted:

Big surprise of the night: Some expert purples can now be upgraded. Expert trinkets get upgraded to trinkets with stats, so gently caress Ridge rep. Also there's a wand I wish I had.

Ya, good luck getting the drat things to drop though.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Well, F2P so I'm checking this out. In as Yeera.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I was pretty unimpressed with the loot I got from our ~15 man goon raid on the stronghold yesterday. All I got was a minuscule amount of IS and a random green. Did anyone get their hands on any noteworthy gear or anything?

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

How are the server populations? I guess my question is, is this game going to be around for a while yet?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
The games been around for over two years now with a not bad population. Free to play is going to spike that population short term, if not long term as well. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Quite glad I missed the initial rush after F2P went live, I think I got everything except the ice lizard mount (known issue) and I blew a fair amount of free store tokens playing fantasy barbie without any missing purchases or other issues.

Tempted to just blow them all on whatever because I'm this close to getting that elite portrait. I think I'll get a fancy purple trinket when I look more closely tomorrow.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

How are the server populations? I guess my question is, is this game going to be around for a while yet?

Populations are not too bad and if you suddently find yourself all alone you can just switch to a different one.

At level 15 every character can switch server once a week for free (you might have to change your name if it's taken and the amount of currency per character is capped).

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
What's the consensus on the most capable end game healer? I rolled a cleric because I loved playing a disc priest in wow, but everything I hear says that mages are far and away the best healers. Is there hope for the end game cleric?

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
If your still missing credits and stuff you may want to post on the rift forums or message Daglar on the rift forums. According to them all missing credits and loyalty points have been awarded.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

tehfeer posted:

If your still missing credits and stuff you may want to post on the rift forums or message Daglar on the rift forums. According to them all missing credits and loyalty points have been awarded.

Thanks for the heads up; sent him a PM :)

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Hutzpah posted:

What's the consensus on the most capable end game healer? I rolled a cleric because I loved playing a disc priest in wow, but everything I hear says that mages are far and away the best healers. Is there hope for the end game cleric?

All 20 person raids need both cleric and Mage healers. In 10s, a Mage solo heal is a bit preferable to cleric solo heal, but I think having 2 Mage heals is (situationally) less useful than 2 cleric heals. Also, clerics have more options for healing.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Are the servers down? Nothing showing up on the shard status page and it fails to connect when it tries to go to character select screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yes, they just went down for a hotfix.

• Locked thread