Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

thatbastardken posted:

My dog Suzy is 1 year old today.

Suzy looks a lot like a puppy I just adopted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical
These are my babies, Skathi and Tacitus (Skathi on top)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Effingham posted:

Suzy is a doll, and has the greatest ears. I *love* those ears.

Haha, thanks.

Rusty posted:

Suzy looks a lot like a puppy I just adopted.

Yeah, they do look sort of similar. Suzy's a Bull Arab cross, which is basically a local brand name for a mongrel pig dog. What type of dog is your puppy?

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

thatbastardken posted:

Haha, thanks.

Yeah, they do look sort of similar. Suzy's a Bull Arab cross, which is basically a local brand name for a mongrel pig dog. What type of dog is your puppy?

She is a Xoloitzcuintli or Mexican Hairless (with hair).

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

This is Sassafras. He's big and fat and loves hummus for some reason.

I think he's a Turkish Van with some other stuff in him.

raven4267
May 7, 2009
Duke and Zoe, birdwatching.

Cuddling.

Duke by himself.

raven4267 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 1, 2013

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
So two weeks ago I went into my backyard and Cebu was like "Did you see the things in the chairs?"

Oh... yeah, those things. There's seven of 'em, from two mommas, born very close together.

I really can't save all seven of them, but I decided I could save two. So a few days later, I grabbed this cutie...

And a few minutes later went back for this one...

They really weren't sure about their new home at first. But they were happy to at least have each other. (Note that that is KMR not cow's milk in that dish. They didn't want to bottle feed. Luckily they soon started eating meaty kitten food watered down. A few days later they learned to drink water on their own and were switched to crunchy kitten food. They eat like little monsters now.)

Well since then they've been moved to the spare bedroom with plenty of room to play and run. They got over their fear of me and I'm a big jungle gym/warm thing to cuddle up to and bringer of more food.

Today, a week and a half later, we went to the vet for the first time!

They weren't happy at first, but were soon playing on the table. They have worms and fleas, and took their first doses of worm medication and will soon be getting baths. But they're FIV and Leukemia negative and otherwise super healthy!

Look at her little arm that looks like she stole from her brother. She's such a Franken-kitty.

Fry is like "Um, we're not keeping them, right?" He already hates them a lot and he's only seen them from under a door crack and looking through the carrier when I was walking them out to the car.

Sadly, no, we're not keeping them.

This is the crew I already have (that pic is three years old) and there's already a strong hatred from Fry to the two black cats (Jim and Leela).

I have a co-worker possibly interested in of the kittens, and I'm trying to convince him to take both of 'em. I doubt I'll have much trouble finding either of them homes, though. I'll miss the little guys, and I'm sad I don't have the resources to save the others that are still hanging in the backyard.

It's my plan that when they're grown up, all of the females, especially the mothers, are getting trapped and taken to Feral Friends to get fixed.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

This is Squirrel. She was a 6-12 month old stray that showed up at my parents back door in mid 2004. She's lived with me since 2006, and is probably the coolest cat in the world.

Squirrel by meramsey, on Flickr

Tauschemo
Jul 11, 2011

My black lab, Cooper, and 7 month old Border Collie, Tallulah.

Adopted stray from my old apartment complex, Ramona.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
Meet Dr. Morpheus Overlord (Morpheus for short):

Catching fish on YouTube:

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Chloe, Pug/Jack Russell/unknown mutt.

She belonged to my fiancee, but now that they've both moved in she's mine too. She's not allowed on the bed, so she perches on the back of the loveseat at the foot of the bed and whines about it.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Spectracide posted:

Catching fish on YouTube:

I tried this with my cat but he was having none of it :( He prefers the real thing I guess

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

An old-ish picture of my cat, Topper

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Meaty Ore posted:

An old-ish picture of my cat, Topper

:lol:

I love the wide eyed stares cats give, your cat is really cute too.

General Dozer on the prowl for camp-site intruders:

E: Somewhere I have a picture of him trying to attack a group of Deer that were like 50 feet away...He truly has no idea how small he is

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

This is Artie. Artie really doesn't like car rides

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
So my puppy turns 1 today. We got him last August and its been a real ride so far. Forgive the image spam.

Linus when the rescue took him in

And when we brought him home for the first time.

All-in-all, he was a very good puppy. He would go from this...

To this every hour or so.

Then he started growing up and had to deal with the cone of shame.

He got over that and now loves keeping others off his lawn from inside...

Finding shady/muddy/grass to lay down in...

Or best of all, cuddling with us.

I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Franklin being a lump

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

This is Zeus. He's 7.5 months old and almost 100 pounds.

Also, here's a video. https://vine.co/v/blQe66gQqvF All I do is follow him around the kitchen island in circles while he holds a box or toy or something

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
Clyde and I went to the beach today. Needless to say, he was pretty happy about it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
A few years ago, I told my mom she could either have a grandchild, or as many cats as we can house.

It probably costs about the same at this point.

Most recent adoptee, Princess Ami. She's 100% deaf, which makes her pretty much the same as every other cat when it comes to calling her name.

Next to last adoptee, Bubbles, one-eyed runt Aby cat. She's a year old, almost, and sized like a five month old kitten.

Evil bengal named Goldie. Retired and spayed queen.

Retired show ocicat, Rosie.

Who does not meow, but chirps. She looks like this in every photo, like she has NO time to deal with your poo poo.

See?

And last for now, Sake, lilac point Siamese who sounds like a woman who's smoked for 60 years. Whoever declawed her front feet hosed up bad, and her feet look like they were bound like a Chinese woman's in generations past.

And because I don't want this to be sole cat pics:

Baby leopard tortoises!

And my male milk snake, Eddie Blake.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
This is my cat, Cordy. Got her yesterday and she's already made herself at home. She was rescued off the street while being highly preggers, had a litter of healthy kittens (all of which quickly found new homes) and then I took the momma cat after she was spayed. She is blind in one eye but it doesn't seem to bother her at all. She enjoys looking out the window, chasing moths, ear scritches and cuddles. She is extremely gentle and won't bite or scratch human hands. For some reason, she doesn't like to eat expensive, quality food, but she gobbles down poo poo-tier food like a champ. I even tried giving her a bit of tasty sausage but she wasn't interested in it (cats are weird). Also she doesn't harass me when I'm trying to sleep. :)

Here she is, lounging on a foldable bed.

edit: she instinctively uses the scratching post, I didn't even have to teach her not to scratch random furniture. Best kitty ever.

A SWEATY FATBEARD fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 17, 2013

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

This is Shippo, our Hedgehog! My daughter got him about a year ago. He enjoys taunting cats, eating dried mealworms, and pooping on his wheel. We've been using flannel baby blankets to line his cage with (the towels in the pic are just for the night because someone forgot to put the flannels in the washer.) But I was wondering if anyone here with Hedgehogs had had luck with potty training/carefresh instead? It would be really nice if I didn't have to make his bed more than I do my own. We are in the process of melding two 50 gallon totes together to make him a very large Hedgie house, since he's so loving bored that he tries to climb the walls of his current container.
That's not poop on the wheel/water dish, that's food mush, he's so messy with it that we feed him before we do his nightly bed change.
The cats hate him because his food is nice than theirs, also because he hisses at them.

My 10 month old kid already has a name for him. Ow. Guess why?

Transcendent Man
Dec 23, 2012

"Death gives meaning to our lives. It gives importance and value to time. Time would be meaningless if there were too much of it." - Ray Kurzweil
This first cat is Gordo. He passed away 2 years ago.
He had a tendency to go limp right after eating.

This is Ginger, Gordo's mother.

That was her favorite place to nap.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
After a rough couple of days for her and a realization that she's much closer to 23 than we thought (we just had a 22nd birthday cake for her last month!), I spoiled her tonight. Picnic!

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
I told myself I would never get a small dog...

Welp, say hello to Clarise, the lovable, cuddly chihuahua. My mom's neighbors had puppies, and she was the youngest and smallest one. My mom adopted the next oldest one, America. She's about 2 months old, and likes riding around with daddy in my '63 Impala and falling asleep to the V8 burble and smell of motor oil.

She likes chicken, the sound of vinyl (loves Black Sabbath, hates Meshuggah and Earth Wind and Fire), and pooping behind my speaker cabinets when I'm not looking. She also likes to curl up either at my neck or in my left arm, and refuses to wake up until 30 minutes after I do.

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jun 25, 2013

Pizookie
Apr 29, 2009
These are my cats Katie and Autumn:

I found them at an animal sanctuary/shelter that specialized in hard-to-adopt-out animals. These two were found as feral kittens and cared for by the shelter under the assumption that no one would ever adopt them due to their fear of humans. I arrived at the shelter all ready to take home the perfect affectionate lapcat (I somehow missed the "unadoptable animals" bit in their description), and found Katie.

That's from when I first brought her home. Notice the sheer terror in her eyes. The shelter was set up so that the cats each had their own kennel, but could wander around an enclosed outdoor area during the day. The volunteers said they'd never seen Katie outside of her kennel unless she was hiding in a cat tree cubbyhole. When I said I wanted to take her home, the response was literally, "...are you sure?"

It took a couple days, but thanks to some extensive one-on-one time and lots of Feliway she finally stopped hiding in the litter box. Now she's transformed into this spoiled little monster of a kitty:

Oh, and she likes to steal my Magic: The Gathering cards.

This, on the other hand, is Autumn:

Autumn was a lot easier than Katie. She was already much more laid back and comfortable around people, but tended to bolt at any and every sudden movement. She's still super skittish, but loves pets and scritches which leads to some interesting games of kitty keep-away. Every time you walk toward her she runs only to turn around abruptly to headbutt your hand, which she'll then run from in terror as soon as you move it, and then turn around again for more. She is my adorable floof.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Clarise likes to play on my car

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
Wouldn't normally post here at all but my cat looked kind of derpy with this awkward grin while sleeping

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

My cat Georgie when he was a kitten, sleeping next to my wife. :3:

Georgie cuddling my other kitty, Olivia.

spitefulcrow
Jun 16, 2013
This here is Basil. Half dachshund, half chihuahua, and all trouble.

She enjoys napping in the sun, walkies, and shredding squeaky toys.

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010
Hey, guys! This is Murphy, my two year old English setter. He's a doofus and loves to cuddle. :3:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

purple_sammich posted:

Hey, guys! This is Murphy, my two year old English setter. He's a doofus and loves to cuddle. :3:

Eeeeeeeee this is the cutest goddamn thing.

A Kalli:

Fred Lynn
Feb 22, 2013

Zenithbliss posted:

This is Artie. Artie really doesn't like car rides

OMFG!!!! It's so fluffy!!!

Here's one of our cat, Sunshine sleeping.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Say hello to Gunny. This is him just after he got into my truck for the first time about four hours ago up at the prison. You see, he's done time.
He's a graduate of the Ridge Dogs program at the Coyote Ridge Corrections facility in Connell WA, one of those programs where inmates learn how to train dogs, and the dogs they train then get adopted out. He's got his canine good citizen cert, and seems quite well trained.
He's ~5 years old, and ridiculously chill. His online profile said "Sleeping is like a sport to him", which seems pretty accurate so far. Other than some nervous talking and a little bit of whining, he hasn't made a peep. He rode very well in the front seat of the truck, sitting or laying down most of the hour ride home. He only got in my face once while driving, and that was when we were nearly home. Pretty good for the first ride!

He has a proper martingale collar now, and his blaze orange leash is an unintentional homage to his time in the joint.

Nephielle
Mar 25, 2005

by XyloJW

Hi all! This is Newton. He's my movie/TV watching pal.

Nephielle fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jul 8, 2013

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Went on a kick-rear end hike on Saturday with Kirby. It's the first time he's seen snow with me. He's really anxious/skiddish and weary of strangers, not a very typical "lick your face all the time" kind of dog so it was really great to see him in his element and really happy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF5tDn_E65s

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Some chickens.

A puppy.

Puppy passed out in the yard.

Kitty triangle rainbow thing. They're adorable.

Peanut (orange rear end in a top hat on the right) hanging out with his girlfriend, Pit.

Peanut being a menace.

Goddamn cats.

Peanut humping a blanket. He was fond of doing that.

Osirus (Syguy) chilling like an ice cube.

Logan looking handsome.

Logan making a face for the camera.

Logan wanted something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VDD8SH6IsA

Hypothetical Hose
Jun 6, 2010
Here's Krypto. I took him in my car to pick up my girlfriend one day and he spent the ride in my son's car seat. Since then, if he gets the chance he'll sit in it. This was taken when I was switching cars one day.

He's a goof.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Meet Pickle:

She's a brat (seen here posing innocently in the wreckage of a papyrus plant she destroyed):

But lookit dem toes :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Lucy does not like the cone of shame.

• Locked thread