Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpl. Coldone
Apr 2, 2008
Got 180 credits for having the game for 3 weeks and got it from the raptr give away.

I am lost about all the things to do and buy right now. I am only level 37 so I got some time to figure some of it out. What should I spend the planarite on? Should I be getting new planar focus things right now or should I just wait since I am going through levels fairly quick. Or just save it which I have been doing.

Though reading chat and people talking about hunts and attunement (which I just read about) and such. Seems like a ton of stuff to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

StumblyWumbly posted:

All 20 person raids need both cleric and Mage healers. In 10s, a Mage solo heal is a bit preferable to cleric solo heal, but I think having 2 Mage heals is (situationally) less useful than 2 cleric heals. Also, clerics have more options for healing.

Look at this guy talking out of his rear end. Don't listen to him, he hasn't played since they fixed chloros.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Hutzpah posted:

So is that a "chloro is the best healer bar none"? Or a "cleric end-game heals are worth while"?

Both are good in both raid settings, almost equal. A well geared cleric can (solo+support) heal a 10 man, a well geared mage can (solo+support) heal a 10 man. Assuming the tank (or raid if it's raid damage) is equally well geared. That being said, a chloro is a more constant healer and a cleric tends to be a reactive healer. That makes Chloros on tanks a good thing while being supported by clerics.

deimos fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 13, 2013

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe

deimos posted:

Look at this guy talking out of his rear end. Don't listen to him, he hasn't played since they fixed chloros.

So is that a "chloro is the best healer bar none"? Or a "cleric end-game heals are worth while"?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 480+ Hit (without hit runes) please show up tonight around 6pm server time so we can knock our heads against the new 10 man.:siren::siren::siren:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 400+ Hit please show up tonight around 6pm server time so a bunch of you can knock your heads against the old 10 man. :siren::siren::siren:

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Cpl. Coldone posted:

Got 180 credits for having the game for 3 weeks and got it from the raptr give away.

I am lost about all the things to do and buy right now. I am only level 37 so I got some time to figure some of it out. What should I spend the planarite on? Should I be getting new planar focus things right now or should I just wait since I am going through levels fairly quick. Or just save it which I have been doing.

Though reading chat and people talking about hunts and attunement (which I just read about) and such. Seems like a ton of stuff to do.

If you're leveling through Instant Adventures, i guess you can use the purple stones and planarite to buy a few pieces of gear from the Rare Planar vendors in the questing areas, since you only get random drops from IAs that might not be useful.

Also stock up planarite to buy the blue focus that has 2 Greater & 4 Lesser essence slots. Think it's 7500 planarite that you need.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I got some cool rift stuff through my Raptr account - some costume gear and eventually a two headed turtle mount and a dino pet. I bet you don't need more instant messaging stuff but you can remove it once you get what you're after.

http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-pet

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 480+ Hit (without hit runes) please show up tonight around 6pm server time so we can knock our heads against the new 10 man.:siren::siren::siren:

:siren::siren::siren: If you have 400+ Hit please show up tonight around 6pm server time so a bunch of you can knock your heads against the old 10 man. :siren::siren::siren:

gently caress yeah.

Kreczor posted:

I was pretty unimpressed with the loot I got from our ~15 man goon raid on the stronghold yesterday. All I got was a minuscule amount of IS and a random green. Did anyone get their hands on any noteworthy gear or anything?

I haven't done a Stronghold yet, but we did the Kaaz'Ra event last night and ended up farming invasions for ~45 minutes. We all got tons of IS (I got several hundred, nearly 1k), planarite, Lycini rep (someone got 35k?) and PA XP (I got ~4m XP). There wasn't really any gear, though, outside of random poo poo greens.

Hop on that event if you can, although I suspect they'll fix it in this hotfix.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yes, they just went down for a hotfix.
It was stupid of them to not have at least some basic AH functionality on free accounts if they were going to sell REX to people.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

deimos posted:

:negative:

Cpl. Coldone
Apr 2, 2008

madstrike posted:

If you're leveling through Instant Adventures, i guess you can use the purple stones and planarite to buy a few pieces of gear from the Rare Planar vendors in the questing areas, since you only get random drops from IAs that might not be useful.

Also stock up planarite to buy the blue focus that has 2 Greater & 4 Lesser essence slots. Think it's 7500 planarite that you need.

Ok thanks will stock up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just remembered Rift went free to play. I haven't been paying attention because of E3. :v: I am a giant sucker for cosmetic items in MMOs, and Rift absolutely popped my boner. This has the best cash shop of any MMORPG.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I just remembered Rift went free to play. I haven't been paying attention because of E3. :v: I am a giant sucker for cosmetic items in MMOs, and Rift absolutely popped my boner. This has the best cash shop of any MMORPG.

I like how mounts are around 40-90 cents or whatever, instead of costing $20 like in LotRO.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Midrena posted:

I like how mounts are around 40-90 cents or whatever, instead of costing $20 like in LotRO.

That too, the prices for this stuff is very reasonable.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I said come in! posted:

Same here. Theres no way for me o transfer my Dope-rear end turtle mount to a new character right? Kind of want to start fresh in a new role.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

w00tmonger posted:

Same here. Theres no way for me o transfer my Dope-rear end turtle mount to a new character right? Kind of want to start fresh in a new role.

If it's from the collector's edition or Raptr code, you get one on every character you make.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

I said come in! posted:

It's night and day compared to GW2's cash shop. The recent event in GW2 added one really cool set of weapon skins available only from RNG lockboxes with hideously low drop rates, even in the supposedly superior cash shop versions. The same happened in the last event, and in the Halloween event before that, etc. I'm going to wholeheartedly support Trion because so far they're making a good faith effort to keep the game running without blatantly trying to rip people off.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Oh thank god:

quote:

It's incorrect in the LFG menu. If you actually complete a dungeon it's 400 slayer marks and 50 frozen.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Al Baron posted:

It was stupid of them to not have at least some basic AH functionality on free accounts if they were going to sell REX to people.

I think it was a bug.

From the patch notes for the downtime:

quote:

* All player accounts with registered email addresses no longer have their chat restricted. Guest players still have some restrictions to help combat farmers and spammers.
* Auction House restrictions have been lifted from accounts with registered email addresses. Guest accounts are still restricted from purchasing items.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007

Krabkolash posted:

I think it was a bug.
It was that way on the PTS so it was probably intentional and they didn't see how stupid it was before going live with it.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Back in. Signed up for another month because I love Trion to death.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
So uh, is that rogue tank spec still loving hilariously awesome like it was back when I first started playing this game at release?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I forgot just how much I absolutely love this game. :allears: Gonna drop the cash on some 80% XP potions and power my way through the last six levels this weekend.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Why don't you shits use Mumble? I've only seen as many as 3 people on at a time and that was for GW2.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

A Tartan Tory posted:

So uh, is that rogue tank spec still loving hilariously awesome like it was back when I first started playing this game at release?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...eling-spec.html

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
Bought 2 REX packages for the sole purpose of selling them on the AH to make cash so I can support my crafting addiction.

10 hours later it's still not on my account, ticket was opened after hour 3, hopefully I can still make some decent plat off them. Anyone else have a similar issue? I know they asked people to open tickets with their support email address for refunds, probably going to do this to just so I can go down every available avenue.

edit: getting ahold of their support team, "You are currently number 548 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 01:58:23. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 01:58:33."

Farts fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 13, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kyrosiris posted:

If it's from the collector's edition or Raptr code, you get one on every character you make.

Wait, what? I didn't get a turtle with my raptr code!

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Lblitzer posted:

Why don't you shits use Mumble? I've only seen as many as 3 people on at a time and that was for GW2.

I asked this a couple of weeks ago since I'm used to idling 24/7 and apparently one of the regular raiders is really annoying so all of the raiders tend to jump on for raids then immediately get off again.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Keshik posted:

I asked this a couple of weeks ago since I'm used to idling 24/7 and apparently one of the regular raiders is really annoying so all of the raiders tend to jump on for raids then immediately get off again.

That's too bad. I really like having different channels for everyone (raids, newbies, etc). Makes it that much easier to ask a simple question and have to weed out the extra noise. Guild Chat is hard to follow as a newbie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lblitzer posted:

You can't make me! :mad:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...eling-spec.html

I'm using that spec, and it's not really doing it for me AOE-wise. Is there another 50-60 leveling spec that will let me solo everything and melt huge packs of enemies while being tanky? Also, what's the hot DPS spec now with easy macros? gently caress rotations.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

From what I am reading online, storm caller isnt really a valid starting soul for mages right?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

w00tmonger posted:

From what I am reading online, storm caller isnt really a valid starting soul for mages right?

Eh, you could make a elementalist/stormcaller spec using the elementalist tanking pet. Full SC with 8 chloro could work, especially for IA's or maybe pvp, but it might be rough for solo questing. Anything will work up till level 10 or 20.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Posting up for an invite on Rezmet. I think my main character is in the guild.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

w00tmonger posted:

Storm Caller is pretty complicated. You have two types of attacks and each puts a debuff (electrified / hypothermia) on the mob that that interacts differently with a bunch of attacks. Stormcaller / ele can be fun up to 30 (mostly because Stormcaller gets a lot of knockbacks that can keep mobs from getting in your face) but at 30 the Earth Elemental stops leveling with you if you haven't put 21 points into the ele tree. Ele/chloro is a little faster and has a few lightningish attacks, if you are wanting to be thor while leveling.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

w00tmonger posted:

It's actually my favorite one at low levels because I don't like pets (they tend to pull more things than you'd want) and it comes with two nice Single Target CC/Channeled abilities.

Goddamn it Trion I want to log in to CalZoness@Laethys to see how I built my extra life mage back in 1.11 you poopheads. I built it something like this (note this was a Warfront build but it worked pretty well in soloing up to that point too):

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcxazVckxcxvG0b at Level 23

Storm armor is huge as it lets you lock down a single target and just murder it with Electrify and Raging storm. Use Icicle whenever Storm Shard is up (after every electric move).

Buffs: Storm Armor, Mass Charged Shield, Searing Vitality

Your rotation on a single target should be something like:

I'd rather use a priority rather than rotation system for doing this in PvP or soloing but it goes something like this

1. Use Static Flux if you have charge and if Electrocute and/or Raging storm is up
2. Icicle if Storm Shard has proc'd (you just used an air ability) as it will be instant
3. Raging Storm
4. Electrocute
5. Thunderbolt to get the target to 3 stacks of electrified
6. Cloudburst until electrified falls off

It's pretty fun to use but eventually falls off in terms of PvP viability but by that time you'll have access to better things in Dominator or something. It's very effective in the early levels despite the gifts saying that stormcaller gives you less single target (ignore that). Also note that this build is really only going to be effective at low levels but it will just destroy people in Black Garden and Library.

If you don't want to PvP you can replace the dominator points with like Chloro or something. Also 0 point harbinger can be used instead of Archon if you want more damage as opposed to health

Keshik posted:

Who could that even be after I quit the guild?

deimos posted:

Did you try the new 10-man? We're going back in to wipe to Salvarola some more :negative:
EDIT: I am bad at dates.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 13, 2013

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

deimos posted:

I'm in for old 10. I have 48k HP tank, 6-7k dps melee or 5-6k dps ranged cleric specs.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
So I got a Shard of Loyalty from the daily sub gift box (it's apparently not bounded.) Assuming it grants loyalty, does anyone know how much?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Al Baron posted:

So I got a Shard of Loyalty from the daily sub gift box (it's apparently not bounded.) Assuming it grants loyalty, does anyone know how much?

15 :toot:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Hey all, my character's name is Ragg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Going down the raptr route was a smart move; besides the patron awards, the queue is different, yet I never paid a dime! If it's possible, people looking to join should check if it still works.

• Locked thread