Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

I don't know why people disliked the headlights so much, I thought they were rad back when they were new.

You can tell it's a dated design but it still looks like FUTUREBIKE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

HNasty posted:

Hay guuuuyssss what's going on? So I decided to go to yourope and ride around bikes for a bit, the plan was to land in Germany, get some bikes and ride to Switzerland and Italy and then back to Germany. Here are some pics.

Das ist uber-cool, Nasty. Ja ja.

How long did you go for?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Slim Pickens posted:

I don't know why people disliked the headlights so much, I thought they were rad back when they were new.

Because it replaced the 998

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

Because it replaced the 998

Yup, the headlights and the angular fairing and the conventional swing-arm all made a sort of combined styling anti-statement that put people off. But just like the e60 BMW 5 series (as an example), the medicine was bitter at the time but catapulted ducati into the modern era styling-wise, rather than just being yet another derivative of a decade-old shape, and people look back now and realise this.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

999 buddies! :buddy:

What kind of money did you pay for yours? Used 675 area... or more?
Also, do you still want the 600RR rear shock? I forgot about it. Derp.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

5000 miles in a decade and square tires. Did you punch the PO after you bought it?

That is like the ultimate stereotypical Ducati owner. Please treat it better than the PO did.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

prukinski posted:

Das ist uber-cool, Nasty. Ja ja.

How long did you go for?

10 days

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

You can tell it's a dated design but it still looks like FUTUREBIKE.
I never liked them much in photos but when I saw a 749 in person, I was like whoa. It seems to have a lot more surface area on its fairings than other bikes, which looks quite cool.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

titanium posted:

New Summer = New bike for me.

Yay I can post a pic of my 749!

And while I'm at it here is a pic of my R6 I picked up last year #1123

e - Oh what the hell, one more pic because I never post in this thread. My buddy's GSXR stunt bike

Legdiian fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 13, 2013

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Slim Pickens posted:

Over 97% of the scientific community agrees that those headlights are rad. You can't argue with that consensus.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Well, the RD got washed last night (rode it home in a downpour :haw:) so I took a picture of it this morning when I rode out to pick up my work van.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 14, 2013

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

^^^ That's one good looking bike :allears:

titanium posted:

New Summer = New bike for me. Much shorter than Eugene or St.Louis this time. Still have the Street Triple, TW200, Zuma.

So jealous. For some reason 749/999 is only faired bike that i think is good looking.

Here's picture for the picture thread.

Always liked this picture of my filthy Monster.

Captain Kosmos fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 13, 2013

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I never liked them much in photos but when I saw a 749 in person, I was like whoa. It seems to have a lot more surface area on its fairings than other bikes, which looks quite cool.

That's one of the first things I ever noticed about Ducs and I'm wondering now if it's because the chassis is actually longer than most I4s, what with the L-twin and all.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I think it has more to do with the narrow engine. The width is more constrained by how wide the rider is instead of how wide the engine is. modern (even not so modern) sportbikes have to figure out how to keep the bike narrow despite having a 4 piston wide monstrosity across the middle.

Not so with ducati.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

titanium posted:

New Summer = New bike for me. Much shorter than Eugene or St.Louis this time. Still have the Street Triple, TW200, Zuma.

Only seen one of those in the flesh once, beautiful bikes. What kind of helmet is that?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

HNasty posted:

Hay guuuuyssss what's going on? So I decided to go to yourope and ride around bikes for a bit, the plan was to land in Germany, get some bikes and ride to Switzerland and Italy and then back to Germany. Here are some pics.

I rented a BMW F800R from a dealership in Munich, it's a p cool bike, not really built for autobahn ballin, tops out at 210KPH and vibes a bit at anything over 120.

My homeboy rented a bigger bimmer, it was p cool and had heated seats and bars and stuff. Which will come in handy later.

The dealership also had some other cool bikes in it.

We had to take something called trains to get around, might seem ridiculous to us but the natives are totally comfortable using these things.

Luckily my friend lives in Germany and has a giant SUV so I didn't have to travel with natives the entire way. After roughing it, it was nice to get back to civilization for a bit.

The first day on the bikes sucked balls, it was 42 degrees and raining the entire time, oh and also Germany was experiencing 100 year flooding.

We were supposed to go to prague but the city was literally being evacuated the day we were supposed to go. Good times.

Luckily we came prepared for an eventuality, I swear I didn't buy any gear on the spot in Germany.

Frequent stops at gas stations for coffee and buttered pretzels kept us going, it was ADV as gently caress, roughing it out in the wild.

I forgot my camelback at home but luckily I was able to find alternative hydration systems to keep me going.

When the cold got to be too much we set up camp for the night.

Drying my gear.

By the time we reached Switzerland, the weather had broken and it got real pretty real fast.

The final approach to the city of Interlaken, where we were gonna stay in Switzerland.

Passed through here one day.

Stopped for lunch made some friends.

Rode a bunch of passes when I was attempting to cross over into italy, Grimselpass, Susten, Gotthard pass. They were all closed and by the time I figured out that all passes were still closed I would take me 3 hours to back track to the tunnel to cross into Ital. On this day much like Hannibal I was to be denied entry into Italy.

Another pass.

Stopped for coffee and people were still skiing

After the adventure in the Alps I returned to Germany to find it sunny and dry and I rode the hell out of the Black Forest, which I almost liked more than the Alps.

German lunch

I made some cool new German friends

They all rode cool bikes, no harleys.

Welp friends that's about it.

If this post is too long or you have more questions I'll start a thread. Don't probate me. TIA

Also here is a link to the album with a few more pics
http://imgur.com/a/FGKSw

Hotel blow dryer :stare:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I love extreme enduro and redbull just put out a pretty cool slo-mo video

Warning: tons of dubstepptitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYgH42NXAEo

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Wootcannon posted:

Only seen one of those in the flesh once, beautiful bikes. What kind of helmet is that?

ROOF Boxer. Swank-looking as poo poo.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Phy posted:

ROOF Boxer. Swank-looking as poo poo.

I love the frenchglish marketing.

RED with pleasure.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgqChIRJsX8

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Holy poo poo.

Amazed he didn't crash after that.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007
gently caress, I didn't think it looked too bad until they showed the photo of the whole tree at the end

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

That is some unlucky poo poo.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

That's the one thing I wood have never expected while riding

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Xovaan posted:

That's the one thing I wood have never expected while riding

Honestly if I hadn't seen it I woodn't have beleafed it.

Shimrod fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 14, 2013

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Captain Kosmos posted:

^^^ That's one good looking bike :allears:

So jealous. For some reason 749/999 is only faired bike that i think is good looking.

Here's picture for the picture thread.

Always liked this picture of my filthy Monster.

What are those tires?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

It suffered really badly for not being a 916/996. It's grown on me since then and I'll admit it's a good-looking bike but it's never going to be flattered by comparison, looks-wise, to anything Tamburini designed.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

MotoMind posted:

What are those tires?

Heidenau K73 supermoto tire.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Whatthefuck. A KLR turbo? Why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtB_dwTGp_Y

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
That's a lot of work to make a KTM :smug:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

I don't mind it too much, at least it's not another stretched and molested 'Busa or something. If I'd change anything on it it would be how high that rear fender is.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

BaKESAL3 posted:

That's a lot of work to make a KTM :smug:

I was genuinely confused because I'd have thought it was a KTM at first glance if not for the description.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vpruo6zDUw

Another over-reacting officer.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Erzberg continues to provide fantastic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z484SYSWaQc

I really want to know why taking that line looked so good from the bottom.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

loving squids.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

loving squids.

Absolutely. But why does the cop thinks he should put hands on a person just involved in an accident like that? Is it because people on sportbikes flee? Or is standard practice for catching someone being a jack off is to rough them up?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kenny powerzzz posted:

Absolutely. But why does the cop thinks he should put hands on a person just involved in an accident like that? Is it because people on sportbikes flee? Or is standard practice for catching someone being a jack off is to rough them up?

Squids and wannabe stunters on sportbikes flee. The one time I got pulled over on my bike, I did my absolute best to make it clear I wasn't going to run until I could tell whether I got Officer McFriendly or Officer RoidRage.

I should make it clear that the officer in the video's behavior is unprofessional and unjustified, but it is understandable.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 15, 2013

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Deeters posted:

Erzberg continues to provide fantastic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z484SYSWaQc

I really want to know why taking that line looked so good from the bottom.

LEMMINGS! That was the funniest thing I have seen all week.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
^^ needs some yakety sax.

Ryno makes a one wheel motorcycle. Kinda segwayish. =/

http://youtu.be/Z1YoCfm7nxU Skip to 1:50 mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

kenny powerzzz posted:

Many cops love to beat people up and became cops for more opportunities to do so. Not all, mind you, but a statistically significant portion.